March 28, 2024, 12:42:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 619856 times)
redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:36 PM »

Can someone put the composite sketch of the man linked to the Harrington case together with the face of Jesse Matthew Jr? Then we could get a better idea if they look alike.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

Good Evening all!

I am wondering if he has a preference in what race he dates. Does he predominately date white women? If he lived at the 2480 Ponderosa Trail, he would most likely be familiar with where Morgan Harrington was found. Just to many similarities for my comfort!

I agree.

Considering this guy has a good job and ... criminal record consists of only misdemeanors related to traffic violations ... I cannot comprehend why he is on the run ... why he is not cooperating with investigators.  Could it be that he realizes that DNA related to the Morgan Harrington murder and a rape case is about to bust him.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2014, 08:43:34 PM »

According to a call just received from my long time neighbor/friend either Captain Pleasants or Police Chief Longo was a guest on FOX's On the Record with Greta.  Apparently ... forensic results from the vehicle/apartment search will be available tomorrow.  Maybe some answers will be forthcoming.

Good Night All

Jane

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »

Good Evening all!

I am wondering if he has a preference in what race he dates. Does he predominately date white women? If he lived at the 2480 Ponderosa Trail, he would most likely be familiar with where Morgan Harrington was found. Just to many similarities for my comfort!

Good question Darla
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »

In the Hannah Graham case ... did Charlotteville's investigators obtain any DNA samples in the search of Jesse Matthew's apartment or vehicle?  Is that legal?

Could it be that Jesse Matthew is not cooperating ... is on the run because he realizes that forensic outcomes imply he has been busted?

Janet

++++

Help Us Catch a Killer
Unknown Offender Linked by DNA in Two Separate Cases

06/13/12

On a Saturday night in October 2009, college student Morgan Harrington left a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville and disappeared. It would be several months before her body was discovered in a field about 10 miles away.

<snipped>

DNA recovered in the Harrington case was linked to an unknown offender in a September 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City. A 26-year-old woman was attacked at night while walking home from a grocery store. The offender was scared away by a passerby—but the victim got a good look at him, enabling a Fairfax City Police artist to produce a sketch of the attacker.

“It was a remarkable break to get the DNA match,” said FBI Special Agent Jane Collins. The forensic evidence linked the two cases, so now we have a face to put with the suspect in the Harrington case. The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair (at the time of the 2005 attack). He is approximately 6 feet tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the Fairfax City assault.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/june/help-FBI-catch-morgan-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412

Good photo of Matthews without the dreadlocks:

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »

Wow, that nose in the composite is a dead ringer for Matthew's.  I have been contemplating the taxi information.  I would imagine driving a taxi would have given him plenty of access to women and could explain a lot of things, imo. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »

Hard to say.  The DNA will be key of course.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »

Wow, that nose in the composite is a dead ringer for Matthew's.  I have been contemplating the taxi information.  I would imagine driving a taxi would have given him plenty of access to women and could explain a lot of things, imo. 

Yep
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:32 PM »

www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637999472987466&set=o.711448445592073&type=1&theater

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2014, 11:20:33 PM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/article_84c8c198-42b7-11e4-bf5b-001a4bcf6878.html
Help Save the Next Girl offers support during Graham's disappearance
September 22, 2014

Help Save the Next Girl
Morgan Harrington (left) and Hannah Graham (right)

Hannah Graham’s disappearance has rocked the UVA community, as the eighth day of searching continues for the missing second-year student who was last seen in downtown Charlottesville.
After Graham’s disappearance and the eight sexual assaults that have occurred on Virginia Tech’s campus this year, the national non profit student organization Help Save the Next Girl is constantly working to raise awareness on community safety and violence prevention.
“We try to get across to people to be cautious, be aware of your situation and be aware of other people,” said Erica Grant, president of Help Save the Next Girl.
“If you see somebody that is by themselves at a party and they look like they're intoxicated, you need to help them and make sure that they know where they’re going and they’re not alone,” Grant said.
Help Save the Next Girl participates in Take Back the Night every year, and other various community efforts to educate the public on current missing girl cases and how to raise safety awareness.
Since its inception, the group has expanded to four other chapters — including two high schools — with plans to soon expand nationally. The national Girl Scout organization has contacted the group and asked to modify their message so that it could also appeal to younger audiences.
“I think this is the year we are going to blossom,” said Jane Lillian Vance, a professor and member of Help Save the Next girl.
The organization was founded by Dan and Gil Harrington after their daughter Morgan Harrington, a Virginia Tech student, was killed in 2009.
20-year-old Harrington disappeared from a Metallica concert on Oct. 17, 2009 after she left John Paul Jones arena and was not allowed re-admittance. Witnesses claim they saw her hitchhiking around 9:30 p.m. on a nearby bridge and also reported that she was seen with two men.
Her remains were found less than 10 miles from the arena on a remote farm in Albemarle County. While investigators have not officially released her cause of death, her parents have confirmed that she was sexually assaulted and her death was violent, with “brutal damage” to her bones.
No arrests have been made in the case, but police have DNA evidence that links Harrington’s case to an attempted abduction in Fairfax County in 2005.

Harrington’s case has been at the forefront of people’s minds since Graham’s disappearance due to the similarities between the two cases — Graham has some physical similarities to Harrington and disappeared just blocks from where Harrington was last seen.
Though police said it has a “legitimate reason” to believe the two cases are linked, currently there’s no evidence to support that claim.
“We as investigators need to be cautious before we make those leaps,” said Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo.
Even as recently as last week, Washington and Lee University, located in Lexington, Virginia — less than 100 miles up the road from Blacksburg — issued an alert to the student body after someone claimed to see a man who resembled the person of interest in Harrington's killing.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/23/hannah-graham-jesse-matthew-clothing/
Hannah Graham disappearance: What we know, what we don’t know
September 23, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — A new search warrant was issued Monday for the apartment of Jesse Matthew, who police believe was the last person to see Hannah Graham before the 18-year-old college student disappeared on September 13.

Authorities found specific clothing they were looking for, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said Tuesday morning on CNN’s “New Day.” The clothing was sent to a lab for analysis, and results might be back by Tuesday afternoon, according to the chief.

Though investigators have tracked down several surveillance videos, it’s not clear where Graham is going or whether she’s in trouble, Longo said.

In addition to Monday’s search warrant, authorities previously searched Matthew’s apartment and car but have declined to say what — if anything — was found.

Hours later, police said they had no reason to arrest Matthew.

“Is he in custody? No,” Longo said. “Was there probable cause to arrest him? No.”

At another press conference on Sunday, Longo said he was hopeful that the crime lab analysis of evidence collected would yield new leads.

Graham and Matthew were seen leaving a bar together, and Matthew drove away in his Chrysler coupe that was parked near the bar, and police told WVIR they have “every reason to believe” Graham was in the car, too.

“People saw Hannah and people saw him, and people saw them together,” Longo said.

Asked Monday whether he believes foul play was involved, the police chief did not mince words.

“There’s no other way to look at it quite frankly at this point. There’s just no other explanation but for that. I wish we knew more,” he told CNN.

Where is Matthew?

Though Matthew faces no charges in connection with Graham’s disappearance, there is a warrant for his arrest.

Police obtained an arrest warrant for him on suspicion of reckless driving. While authorities were tracking his movement, they saw him get into a car and drive so fast and so dangerously that police were forced to back off, Longo said.

Matthew willingly went to a police station last weekend, along with several family members, walking through the front door and asking for a lawyer, the police chief said.

Matthew and the lawyer spoke and then left, Longo said, giving detectives no clearer picture of what may have happened the day Graham disappeared.

Police executed a new search warrant at his home Monday, and Matthew’s landlord said that police took two items.

She also told WVIR that she hadn’t seen Matthew since Thursday, and two of his roommates had moved out.

The University of Virginia Medical Center confirmed  Matthew has worked there since August 12.

Are there links to other cases?

The short answer is no. However, the Route 29 corridor where Graham disappeared has a peculiar history.

According to WTVR, Graham is the fourth woman to disappear from the area since 2009. Morgan Harrington of Charlottesville, Alexis Murphy of Lovingston and Samantha Clarke of Orange also went missing there.

All the women were between 17 and 20 years old.

In July, Randy Taylor, 43, was sentenced to two life terms for Murphy’s 2013 abduction and murder, although her body was never found, WVIR reported.

Clarke’s mother is still looking for answers more than four years after her 19-year-old’s disappearance.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, went missing after attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville in October 2009. Her remains were found on a farm months later.

Police have yet to track down her killer, and her family has long said they suspect there could be other victims. The T-shirt Harrington was wearing when she disappeared was found near where Graham disappeared.

“Certainly the question has arisen. It’s certainly a legitimate question,” Longo told reporters this month.

Harrington’s mother told WTVR that Route 29 has an “infamous reputation.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:40 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/hannah-graham-missing-person-of-interest-bolts-with-mom-high-speed-chase
Hannah Graham missing: 'Person of interest' bolts with mom in high-speed chase
September 23, 2014

Little is known about law enforcement's main "person of interest" being sought today, Jesse Matthew. They do know that since 2012 Matthew has worked at the university’s medical center as a patient technician. Matthew came into the scope of law enforcement when he was spotted in a new video the police reviewed and he was seen looking Graham’s way then circling around behind her.

He is not facing charges in Hannah’s disappearance, he is just wanted for questioning. Matthew showed up at the police station on Saturday, apparently after seeing himself on the video that was released to the news media.

Captain Gary Pleasants of the Charlottesville Police Department appeared on “Fox and Friends” live Tuesday morning and said that Matthew walked into the police station with his mother and uncle requesting a lawyer.

He handed police a list of lawyers he would like contacted. Police called the first lawyer on his list who came to the station to meet with him. Matthew’s mother and uncle left and went to Matthew’s grandmother’s home. After the lawyer met with Matthew he “bolted” out of the station before police were able to question him.

He went to his grandmother’s house where state police in one vehicle and FBI officers in another vehicle openly staked out the house. Matthew hopped behind the wheel of a car with his mother as a passenger and they took off.

Police pursued him in a high-speed chase, but because it was becoming dangerous to people on the street, the police and FBI called off the chase. Due to this incident he is wanted on a few driving charges including a reckless driving charge. The motor vehicle charges sound like the least of this man’s worries once he surfaces again because he is now hiding from police.

Police have not been able to locate this man, who is seen above sporting dreadlocks. He has eluded police since his Saturday departure from the station. When police returned to search his apartment on Saturday, the landlord informed them that Matthew’s two roommates had moved out.

While Matthew has no serious crimes listed in his records, he did have a few run-ins with the law in the past for trespassing and several traffic violations. The fact that he ran from police and is still hiding is not something that looks good on his part.

Witnesses put Hannah in an inebriated state and the videos seemed to also indicate she had been drinking with the way she was walking. The first man seen on an earlier video appearing to follow Hannah came into the station on his own accord. The unnamed man said that he was following her because she looked like a young woman in distress and she appeared inebriated. He was concerned until a black man with short shaved hair and a “beer belly” met up with her.

He said the two appeared to know each other so he was satisfied she was in the hands of a friend and stopped his pursuit. This was the first “person of interest,” with the second being the man with the "beer belly" described by this witness, but never located.

Footage from another video that was later obtained showed Matthew appearing to scope out Hannah and witnesses put the two together in a bar having drinks. After leaving the bar it is believed that Hannah left with Matthew in his car, which is still in police custody after being searched.

Police found something in Matthew’s car that was enough to secure a search warrant for his home, but what that was has not been divulged by police.
Matthew was the last person known to see Hannah before she went missing, so he is key to this investigation, but also nowhere to be found.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2014, 11:16:36 AM »

September 23, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/RickBooneFOX5DC

Rick Boone @RickBooneFOX5DC  ·  3h
Search teams w/dogs back looking for #HannahGraham. Forensic results on the car & apt items of Jesse Matthew may be released @fox5newsdc

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2014, 11:19:45 AM »

Laura French's Profile:
Laura French
@lfrenchnews
Freelance Anchor/Reporter @NBC29 #Charlottesville @CBS6 #Richmond #RVA #VA

Richmond, VA
 laurafrench.webs.com
 Joined August 2009

https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  2h
CONT: Police: There was not another individual with #Hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

Police:White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew

#BREAKING The earliest that police will have forensic results in the #HannahGraham case is late this afternoon @CBS6

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2014, 11:20:35 AM »

WANTED: Jesse ‘LJ’ Matthew for Two Counts of Reckless Driving and POI in the Disappearance of Missing UVA Student Hannah Graham

Posted September 23, 2014 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/09/23/wanted-jesse-lj-matthew-for-two-counts-of-reckless-driving-and-poi-in-the-disappearance-of-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm

Matt Talhelm @MattTalhelm  ·  5m
At work & want the latest on the #HannahGraham search? Click here: http://bit.ly/197ZfL5  now for a live update from @HenryGraff on @NBC29

Matt Talhelm @MattTalhelm  ·  6m
UPDATE: #Cville Police say clothing seized in 2nd search of Jesse Matthew's apt is being sent to state crime lab today. #HannahGraham

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

New Monkey

I realize that Jesse on the run does not look good but ... when Hannah texted her friend at 1:20/1:30 (depending on the article) she claimed that she was lost.  Would this not imply at this point in time she was alone ... not with Jesse ... a former cab driver?

I cannot get past the surveillance video of "the witness" that appears to be stalking Hannah.  I find it downright creepy.  Also ... I cannot comprehend why "the witness" provided authorities with a false description of the "black guy" who approached Hannah ... who put his arm around her.

According to Police Chief Longo who was a guest on yesterday's FOX's On the Record with Greta ... the forensic outcomes of the vehicle/apartment searches should be released today.  If there is anything related to Hannah ... I can move away from "the witness".

Janet

DESCRIPTION PROVIDED BY "THE WITNESS" - 9/18

The police described the person of interest as being a black man in his 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-10 or 5-foot-11 with a shaved head and goatee. He weighed between 250 to 285 pounds, has a slight beer belly and was wearing black jeans and a white T-shirt, police said. ...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-interest-sought-disappearance-university-virginia-student-hannah/story?id=25592387

ACTUAL DESCRIPTION REVEALED BY SPOKESPERSON FOR THE INVESTIGATION - 9/21

Longo reiterated the man’s description several times; a black man, about 32 years old, 6 feet, 2 inches tall and about 270 pounds with dreadlocks.  He is seen in surveillance video taken at 1:08 a.m. Sept. 13 on the mall wearing a white shirt and white knee-length shorts.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/police-man-and-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-were-at/article_8d22ed24-a86d-57e0-aa3b-43e8f021bc14.html

THE WITNESS - 9/17

The first video was taken at 1:06 a.m.  from Sal’s Pizza, located at 221 E. Main St. It shows a white male walking into the cameras view, he looks over his shoulder, then steps into a doorway and Graham walks past him, police said.

After she passes, the male starts walking behind her.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/17/police-unknown-man-seen-walking-behind-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

Note:  We've learned since yesterday the landlord said the two roommates moved out.

September 22, 2014 Tweets (Yesterday)
https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  17h
Could he be responsible for Graham's disappearance? His landord said "I am just as shocked as everyone else."@WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  17h
Landlord says Jesse Matthew lives with two roommates and a pit bull named "Popcorn." #HannahGraham @WTOP

Mike Murillo retweeted
 WTOP @WTOP  ·  22h
Charlottesville PD release new Wanted poster for Jesse Matthew, person of interest in #HannahGraham case pic.twitter.com/MCOkMveehm

Mike Murillo retweeted
 Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  19h
Community chalkboard on pedestrian mall in Charlottesville. pic.twitter.com/MU92HJnNbl

Mike Murillo retweeted
 Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  18h
12 digital billboards throughout Virginia asking for help in finding #HannahGraham pic.twitter.com/fh6SUEJNsp

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  19h
Video: Detectives visit again the home of Jesse Matthew. #HannahGraham @WTOP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valmfB8ws8U

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  22h
We don't know if those gloves belong to police or not.

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  22h
Landlord says Jesse was very friendly Thursday night. Offered to pay more rent. @WTOP #HannahGraham

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  23h
Police are back inside the apartment of Jesse Matthew with another search warrant. @WTOP #hannahgraham

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »

https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP

Mike Murillo @MikeMurilloWTOP  ·  4h
Longo says  after speaking with investigators yesterday he believes Matthew's family has been "very cooperative." @WTOP #HannahGraham

The chief is hopeful that lab results from Friday's search will come back today. @WTOP #HannahGraham

Longo won't go into detail on what exactly they took from the apartment Monday but says they will be sent to the lab. @WTOP #HannahGraham

Longo says  "some clothing came to the attention of investigators that they thought was relevant to the investigation." @WTOP #HannahGraham

This morning I spoke with Chief Longo about  2nd search of Matthew's apartment on Monday. #HannahGraham @WTOP

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.