March 29, 2024, 03:25:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 620056 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: September 26, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Fugitive-s-glance-on-Bolivar-beach-prompts-5783027.php#/0

Fugitive's glance on Bolivar beach prompts arrest, extradition in kidnapping case
September 26, 2014 | Updated: September 26, 2014 8:32pm

For some as yet unexplained reason, Wednesday afternoon Matthew pulled a 1997 Nissan Sentra next to an SUV sitting on the beach between High Island and the tiny Gilchrist community and stared at Karen Monk, 45, of Sour Lake.

Monk had taken her dog to the beach for some quiet time and reflection. She was sitting on the tailgate of her SUV when Matthew's blue Sentra stopped suddenly to her left. She said Friday she looked over and saw the 6-foot-2, 270-pound former college football player, his face crowned with dreadlocks, gazing intently at her.

"I wouldn't have paid any attention to him except that he did stop abruptly and did a double take and looked at me," Monk said. "He looked at me like he recognized me or thought I was somebody he knew. It was just a weird look." He stared at her for what seemed like a full minute, she said.

At first she didn't give any significance to the incident. A short time later he drove by again and didn't bother her but triggered a memory of photographs of Matthew she had seen on television.

"I started thinking he looked just like that guy on the news," Monk said.

She phoned the Galveston County Sheriff's Office on a non-emergency line and reported a man resembling the photographs of the fugitive from Virginia. Monk asked that a deputy meet her at a fruit stand close to High Island.

Deputy Ross Perez arrived in a few minutes, and she told him where Matthew was camped, about 100 yards down the beach from where she had parked her SUV. Monk said Matthew was living in what appeared to be a new two-person tent with a black and green dome.

Perez headed toward the tent, and Monk headed home.

The deputy declined to be interviewed, but the cover to his arrest report released Friday says that Matthew appeared nervous as well as unkempt and dirty. He valued Matthew's car at $1,000.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: September 26, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/26640925/local-law-enforcement-helps-nationwide-search

Local law enforcement helps nationwide search
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 7:28 PM CDT

12News is tracking the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham -- in southeast Texas.

Federal and local law enforcement agencies used helicopters and horses to search Village Creek State Park today -- one of two places Matthew was spotted Monday night.

The park was closed since Thursday afternoon, just after a ranger learned he had interacted with Matthew.

"He was working at the headquarters at the time and was able to interact with the subject," said Lt. Doug Huggins with Texas Parks & Wildlife.

Huggins said he got the call Thursday morning from one of his rangers, that Jesse Matthew had checked into Village Creek State Park around three in the afternoon on Monday.

"The ranger had recognized him from pictures on the news, and so the call came into me, and then we were able to make contact with the Galveston County and with the FBI and Charlottesville, who were responsible for this investigation," said Huggins.

When law enforcement was notified yesterday that Matthew paid a visit to the park for only a few hours, they closed it down.

Several law enforcement agencies helped in the search.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office flew a helicopter over the park in their search for evidence to locate Hannah Graham.

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice lent horses to help in the search at the park.

"Investigation here at the site is done - found no evidence," said Huggins.

Our cameras caught officers lifting crime scene tape and opening the park back up.

"Jesse Matthew checked into this office Monday afternoon around three under an assumed name.

Once he inside the park, Matthew left his car in one of the park's lots, where he stayed for a few hours and took off.

Lumberton PD says Matthew was spotted at a nearby Taco Bell that same evening.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: September 27, 2014, 09:46:43 AM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26640334/hannah-graham-most-recent-of-missing-women-in-central-va

Hannah Graham most Recent of Missing Women in Central VA

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 3:42 PM PST Updated: Sep 26, 2014 5:05 PM PST

Graham is the most recent woman to go missing in central Virginia.

“I have had a few breakdowns this week just knowing that they are going through that same pain, that same suffering,” said Trina Murphy, aunt of Alexis Murphy who was abducted and murdered in August 2013. In May, Randy Taylor was convicted of Murphy's abduction and murder.

“It is horror for me. It is unfathomable when you look at this scatter pattern. Either there is a crime spree or there is one individual whose some of these are attributable,” said Gil Harrington.

The list also includes Bonnie Santiago and Janet Field who went missing this summer. Santiago was last seen on Carter Mountain in Albemarle County on July 12. Field was last seen in Scottsville on July 2.

Dashad “Sage” Smith, Pherbia Tinsley, and Samantha Clarke were all murdered or have disappeared since 2010. Smith was last seen at the Amtrak Station on West Main Street in Charlottesville on November 20, 2012. Tinsley was murdered in the 800 block of Prospect Avenue in Charlottesville on July 14, 2012. Clarke was last seen at her house in Orange County on September 13, 2010.

The Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Center for Missing Adults estimates about 115 children and over 100 adults are stereotypical abductions in the United States - meaning they are taken by strangers or people they barely know.

“Any information we've found that we believe is of any significance may be related to another case,” said Billy Chrimes of the Virginia Department of Emergency Management.

“I do not believe my niece was his first and I think that he has gotten away with this so many times that he just figured this would be the same,” said Murphy.

“I am no expert, but I think it is unusual it is either a cluster phenomenon. A crime spree or some of it is attributable to serial predator,” said Harrington.

Both Harrington and Murphy say they are pleased with the response they've seen from the Charlottesville Police Department. Police are not saying if any of the eight cases are connected at this point.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #563 on: September 27, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »

“I am no expert, but I think it is unusual it is either a cluster phenomenon. A crime spree or some of it is attributable to serial predator,” said Harrington.

I haven't read everything here - but that line there sums it up. It defies the logic of a reasonable person that this isn't all interconnected. This better all be connected or this is much worse than anyone has yet to realize. If this isn't all connected there's the possibility that there's multiple killers running around loose.

What are the chances that there are multiple killers running in a town of 100,000. In my opinion, the police know way more than they are saying.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #564 on: September 27, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/AlbemarleCountyPoliceDepartment/photos/a.151100571701148.46316.151085375036001/531666296977905/?type=1

Albemarle County Police Dept.

In an effort to help find Hannah Graham, we will have professional search crews in rural Albemarle County on Saturday, September 27th. Do not be alarmed if you see search crews or helicopters in the area. Please allow the crews to work without disruption as they diligently search for Hannah Graham. We appreciate the help from the search crews and the community.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: September 27, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202936287583552&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1&theater

Coy Barefoot
2 hrs · Edited ·

we WILL find you Hannah. we WILL bring you home. millions of people you don't even know are thinking about you, hoping and praying for you. you have touched so many lives and reminded us all of the power of hope. we WILL find you.

Help Find Hannah Graham
tip line: 434-295-3851

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: September 27, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »

September 27, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm

Matt Talhelm retweeted
 UVA Equipment @UVAEquipment  ·  2h
Ribbons @CoachMikeLondon and @UVa_Football staff are wearing today

❤️#FindHannahGraham ❤️ pic.twitter.com/VHcgoory0A
 Mike London and Virginia Football

Matt Talhelm @MattTalhelm  ·  1h
Students hand out orange ribbons to wear at today's #UVA game in support of #HannahGraham. Story on @NBC29 at 6.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: September 27, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »

I wonder if JM has had the opportunity to meet with his attorney yet?

https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  1h
Police Chief to @wtop: #JesseMatthew not yet talking to police in #HannahGraham case: http://bit.ly/1rlcwKh  (audio) pic.twitter.com/JvXnZPUYRf

http://www.wtop.com/41/3710722/Police-Chief-Matthew-not-yet-talking-to-police
(Download to listen)
Sat Sep 27th, 2014
Police Chief: Matthew not yet talking to police
WTOP's Mike Murillo interviews Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on latest developments in Hannah Graham case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: September 27, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202936287583552&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1&comment_id=10202936684673479&offset=0&total_comments=17

Shannon Harrington I wanted to share that a friend of mine has been working with Mr. Matthew for years. She told me yesterday that he is quite developmentally disabled, to the point where she ran into him at WalMart and had to help him figure out what size socks to buy based on his shoe size. She said that there is no way in the world that he is any kind of mastermind.

For whatever it's worth, maybe nothing, this gave me a different image - like if he is involved at all the image was more like a challenged person who squeezed the cat too hard and was startled to have hurt it. Something like that. Not any kind of excuse if he is involved. Just a different snapshot of the person in question. There are all kinds of people out there.
1 hr

No idea if it's true, but I have read similar comments...

If true, it doesn't lessen the likelihood that he's involved at all.  And it could be just as likely a "if she can't tell I don't get in trouble...and mama and grandma will never know what I did to her" type scenario.  After being accused of rape and kicked out of school in 2002, he wouldn't have to be a mastermind to figure that out.  A family member reported that he'd always resented that, what else did he resent?

I've seen it happen before and I just get a feeling that "LJ" possibly has been smothered and protected from any consequence that actually might have helped correct the path he was going down.  It would be interesting to know how his family reacted to the 2002 incident, if it was the first...and if he's ever had any counseling/treatment for his apparent boundary issues.

JMO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: September 27, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »

https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  1h
After listening firsthand to the Longo interview w WTOP I deleted my tweets.  Could be misleading. @MelissaCBS6 @BillFitzCBS6 @CBS6

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  3h
Surprised phone location data hasn't led to #HannahGraham. May suggest sophistication/more than 1 involved? @MelissaCBS6 @CBS6

September 26, 2014 Tweets
Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  19h
Question of the day: What is the PROBABLE CAUSE that #JesseMatthew abducted, against her will, #HannahGraham, w intent to defile?Answers?

September 25, 2014 Tweets
Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  Sep 25
Cell phone location info for #JesseMatthew night #HannahGraham went missing? If none, it's unusual & suggest planning? @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6

#JesseMatthew may want an early preliminary hearing. That's when the prosecutor has to show some cards. @MelissaCBS6 @CBS6

Any evidence of assistance to help #JesseMatthew get out of Va? Charges often produce information. Complex to charge though. @CBS6

Good catch @jonburkettcbs6! Cell phones are the eyes & ears everywhere. http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-cell-phone-ping-and-highway-sensors-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/ …. @CBS6 #HannahGraham #JesseMatthew

That's why they say "Don't mess w Texas". Va Judges don't speak to media & certainly not before the hearing. I like VA.  @CBS6

Full interview w Texas Judge prior to #JesseMatthew hearing?! Really? OK, whyTexas? Virginia is nice too. https://twitter.com/wavy_news/status/514980520636067841 … @CBS6

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: September 27, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771985/Police-offering-100-000-reward-information-missing-student-Hannah-Graham-alleged-kidnapper-Jesse-Matthews-extradited-Virginia-face-abduction-charges.html
Police now offering $100,000 reward for information on missing student Hannah Graham as alleged kidnapper Jesse Matthews is extradited to Virginia to face abduction charges
September 27, 2014

* Frustrated police in Charlottesville, Virginia, offering money for help in finding 18-year-old Hannah Graham, who disappeared on September 13
* Matthew, 32, was arrested in Galveston, Texas, on Wednesday and extradited to Charlottesville Friday night
* He has been charged with abduction with intent to defile
* Police searched his home and removed evidence but have not said what it is
* Matthew was pestering women at a bar the night Graham went missing
* Man who saw him that night said Matthew was 'more aggressive than usual'
* Tempo Restaurant could face criminal charges if its proven underage Graham was drinking there

Desperate police are now offering $100,000 for information that could lead to the safe return of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, who is believed to have been abducted two weeks ago after a night out in Charlottesville.

The new reward comes as the prime suspect suspect in her disappearance, Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., was released from jail in Galveston, Texas, and extradited to Charlottesville to face charges of abduction with intent to defile the missing 18-year-old.

Authorities said they had probable cause to support the charge against the 32-year-old after twice searching his apartment and gathering evidence they have not described, saying it ultimately will be presented at trial.

Matthew was allegedly pestering women in a Charlottesville just over an hour before he began following the UVA student.

Matthew demanded to see an attractive African-American woman's toes and would not stop touching her, just moments after he had been introduced to her and her female friend by a mutual friend.
Dave Johnson, who has known Matthew for nine years, said the former football player was 'more aggressive than usual' on the night Graham went missing.

And he suggested the UVA Hospital nursing assistant was 'trying to hit on' the freckle-faced 18-year-old, when he threw his arm around her - in new details of the night she disappeared that have been revealed in a blog by Charlottesville DJ and investigative author Coy Barefoot.

Rough: Men and women who saw Jesse Matthew on the night that Hannah disappeared described his behavior as boorish. He is pictured here at 12.05am at the Blue Light Grill - just over an hour before he was with Hannah

Touchy: A girl who gave her name as Molly told Coy Barefoot: 'One time he reached above my knee, and the next time below my knee. I finally told him, don’t f***ing touch me'
One of the women, 'Molly' (not her real name) told Matthew 'don't f***ing touch me' when the 6'2" tall former American football player tried to touch her legs and knee.

Molly, pictured with her face obscured next to Matthew, was among a group of friends introduced to Matthew, by Mr Johnson at the Blue Light Grill in Charlottesville.

She said: 'He kept trying to put his hands on my legs and below the knee. He'd been way too aggressive all night, putting his arm around me, picking me up, putting his hands on my legs.'

She claimed that Matthew took her friend's socks off and asked to see her toes.

Molly told Barefoot: 'Then he came over to me and tried to touch my legs. I told him no. He said, "I just want to see your feet, like her."

'I told him no. Don't touch me, do not touch me. One time he reached above my knee, and the next time below my knee. I finally told him, don’t f***ing touch me.'

The photograph was taken at 12.05am just over an hour before video footage captured Matthew with Hannah Graham in the Downtown Mall at 1.20am.

The suspect, a former wrestling champion, threw another member of the group to the floor, held him in a lock and injured him, just minutes after walking into the bar, according to Barefoot's account.

'Right away LJ shot in on the guy with a wrestling move, took him to the ground there in Blue Light,' Mr Johnson said. 'He pulled his head down to his leg into a standing cradle. My friend heard a pop and felt his hamstring go.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: September 27, 2014, 02:08:53 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202936287583552&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1&comment_id=10202936684673479&offset=0&total_comments=17

Shannon Harrington I wanted to share that a friend of mine has been working with Mr. Matthew for years. She told me yesterday that he is quite developmentally disabled, to the point where she ran into him at WalMart and had to help him figure out what size socks to buy based on his shoe size. She said that there is no way in the world that he is any kind of mastermind.

For whatever it's worth, maybe nothing, this gave me a different image - like if he is involved at all the image was more like a challenged person who squeezed the cat too hard and was startled to have hurt it. Something like that. Not any kind of excuse if he is involved. Just a different snapshot of the person in question. There are all kinds of people out there.
1 hr

If true, it doesn't lessen the likelihood that he's involved at all.  And it could be just as likely a "if she can't tell I don't get in trouble...and mama and grandma will never know what I did to her" type scenario.  After being accused of rape and kicked out of school in 2002, he wouldn't have to be a mastermind to figure that out.  A family member reported that he'd always resented that, what else did he resent?

I've seen it happen before and I just get a feeling that "LJ" possibly has been smothered and protected from any consequence that actually might have helped correct the path he was going down.  It would be interesting to know how his family reacted to the 2002 incident, if it was the first...and if he's ever had any counseling/treatment for his apparent boundary issues.

JMO

When I first read this, the character Lenny from John Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" came to mind.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: September 27, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »

http://wtkr.com/2014/09/26/suspect-in-hannah-graham-case-now-back-in-virginia/

Suspect in Hannah Graham case now back in Virginia
Posted 7:53 pm, September 26, 2014, by Doris Taylor,
Updated at 02:05pm, September 27, 2014

(CNN) – Jesse Matthew, a suspect in the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, is being held in isolation in a Virginia jail cell, authorities said Saturday.

Authorities took Matthew to Charlottesville, Virginia, on Friday after he agreed not to fight extradition from Texas, where he had been taken into custody after police obtained a warrant for his arrest on Tuesday. Investigators think he was the last person with Graham.

He is charged with abduction with the intent to defile in the case, according to Charlottesville police.

He was offered two phone calls, but refused to make them, according to the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail. He’s sleeping on a mattress on the floor in a cell so spare that it doesn’t even have bathroom facilities, according to a jail official.

Authorities are offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of the 18-year-old, a second-year student the university.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: September 27, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »

1 hr

JMO

When I first read this, the character Lenny from John Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" came to mind.   

Let me qualify my last post.  From what I've read, JM was able to attend college etc., so he may have some delay, but he has enough intelligence to know right from wrong.  Lennie was kind and gentle, but has issues.  JM may have spent time observing to find a young woman that was impaired and lured her away, possibly raping and murdering her.  Much different than the Lennie character.  From the friend/coworker's remarks from texasmom's post, it reminded me of Lennie, in the description. 

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/micemen/characters.html
Lennie -  A large, lumbering, childlike migrant worker. Due to his mild mental disability, Lennie completely depends upon George, his friend and traveling companion, for guidance and protection. The two men share a vision of a farm that they will own together, a vision that Lennie believes in wholeheartedly. Gentle and kind, Lennie nevertheless does not understand his own strength. His love of petting soft things, such as small animals, dresses, and people’s hair, leads to disaster.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2014, 02:24:56 PM »

When JM was brought in front of the judge after he was taken into custody in Texas this was what he said:

https://twitter.com/schuttedan

Dan Schutte @schuttedan  ·  23s
Waiving extradition.

"Sir I have a question for you.  Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Suspect-in-missing-UVA-student-s-abduction-5778791.php

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: September 27, 2014, 02:26:45 PM »

Of all the things that could be said to a judge when you've been arrested? His clothes and his bed should be the least of is immediate worries.  Makes me wonder where his mind is/was?

"Sir I have a question for you.  Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Suspect-in-missing-UVA-student-s-abduction-5778791.php

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #576 on: September 27, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »

1 hr

JMO

TexasMom, I had 2 family members who were developmentally delayed, one female 1 male, neither were ever taught the word no, and had no boundaries. Both were sexually aggressive . And both of them could play dumb as dirt when it suited their cause. I have read some of the comments on the articles and just shook my head, LJ is not as stupid as he is trying to make people think. He is cunning as a fox.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: September 27, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »

Interesting, I think....  (note, it says "5 days ago"), which would be before JM was found in TX. 

https://twitter.com/Catawba_Skies

Mikael @Catawba_Skies  ·  3m
RT>Keen observations by longtime resident on #CvilleWeekly #hannahGraham #JesseMatthew pic.twitter.com/KK5FVU9jb3 @gretawire

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: September 27, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/CurtisNBC12

Curtis McCloud @CurtisNBC12  ·  1h
Federal & State Helicopters searching Albemarle County for #HannahGraham teams are spread out 20 miles or more outside cville city limits.

Curtis McCloud @CurtisNBC12  ·  1h
Abermarle County Police Captain updating media on search efforts for #HannahGraham #NBC12 pic.twitter.com/PzF7K8jP4A

Curtis McCloud retweeted
 AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  6h
Professional search crews will be in rural Albemarle today searching for #HannahGraham. Do not be alarmed if you see crews or helicopters.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: September 27, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »

1 hr

JMO

With the information we have so far, I tend to agree with you, texasmom. JMO also.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.