March 28, 2024, 04:25:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 619887 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #580 on: September 27, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »

Wow Muffy, that is interesting to say the least, sounds like someone may know Jesse quite well. 

My comment above meant no offense or disrespect   , I just lived around these two people all my life , both are gone now but they could pull some good ones if they did not get what they wanted. And both were very smart until it suited their purpose not to be.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: September 27, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »

Wow Muffy, that is interesting to say the least, sounds like someone may know Jesse quite well. 

My comment above meant no offense or disrespect   , I just lived around these two people all my life , both are gone now but they could pull some good ones if they did not get what they wanted. And both were very smart until it suited their purpose not to be.

From experience, I've known some folks that although developmentally delayed, could also be manipulative.  I think it can be very complicated.  It becomes important if they know right from wrong imo.  And I don't mean this to be offensive nor disprespectful.  I think there are varying degrees of things in a person's make up.  I wouldn't want to paint anyone or group with a wide brush.  There is so much we don't know about the mind.  Premeditation?  Planning? If a person can set a trap to ensnare another, doesn't that take a certain amount of intelligence?   If a person commits a crime and hides it, does it mean they knew it was wrong?  (it does to me)  I guess we'll have to see what comes out in the trial.  Some of this may end up being part of JM's defense.  Who knows?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #582 on: September 27, 2014, 03:12:41 PM »

I think parents do a huge disservice to their developmentally challenged children when they don't try to teach them boundaries and life skills. Parents will not be there always to protect and coddle them. I am not talking about serious mental handicap but functioning needs to be taught how to take care of themselves and know right from wrong.
 I agree that if someone does something and tries to hide it and takes a 1300 mile road trip to allude police that they know right from wrong.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #583 on: September 27, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202936287583552&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1&comment_id=10202936684673479&offset=0&total_comments=17

Shannon Harrington I wanted to share that a friend of mine has been working with Mr. Matthew for years. She told me yesterday that he is quite developmentally disabled, to the point where she ran into him at WalMart and had to help him figure out what size socks to buy based on his shoe size. She said that there is no way in the world that he is any kind of mastermind.

For whatever it's worth, maybe nothing, this gave me a different image - like if he is involved at all the image was more like a challenged person who squeezed the cat too hard and was startled to have hurt it. Something like that. Not any kind of excuse if he is involved. Just a different snapshot of the person in question. There are all kinds of people out there.
1 hr

No idea if it's true, but I have read similar comments...

If true, it doesn't lessen the likelihood that he's involved at all.  And it could be just as likely a "if she can't tell I don't get in trouble...and mama and grandma will never know what I did to her" type scenario.  After being accused of rape and kicked out of school in 2002, he wouldn't have to be a mastermind to figure that out.  A family member reported that he'd always resented that, what else did he resent?

I've seen it happen before and I just get a feeling that "LJ" possibly has been smothered and protected from any consequence that actually might have helped correct the path he was going down.  It would be interesting to know how his family reacted to the 2002 incident, if it was the first...and if he's ever had any counseling/treatment for his apparent boundary issues.

JMO

TexasMom, I had 2 family members who were developmentally delayed, one female 1 male, neither were ever taught the word no, and had no boundaries. Both were sexually aggressive . And both of them could play dumb as dirt when it suited their cause. I have read some of the comments on the articles and just shook my head, LJ is not as stupid as he is trying to make people think. He is cunning as a fox.

Thank you for sharing, Darla.  Sadly I was speaking from experience too.  The manipulation I've seen and that started at a very early age was alarming then, and still concerns me now.  I shared my concerns out of love and hope for change then, and have been treated pretty much like the enemy since.  Bits and pieces of info gleaned over the years tell me that nothing changed, behaviors I predicted happened and were quickly and quietly swept under the rug.  God only knows how much more I don't know about.  It was shocking and saddening (still is) that so many that could have made a real difference by addressing the issues from an early age only chose to protect, cover up, and make excuses instead. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: September 27, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202936287583552&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1&comment_id=10202936684673479&offset=0&total_comments=17

Shannon Harrington I wanted to share that a friend of mine has been working with Mr. Matthew for years. She told me yesterday that he is quite developmentally disabled, to the point where she ran into him at WalMart and had to help him figure out what size socks to buy based on his shoe size. She said that there is no way in the world that he is any kind of mastermind.

For whatever it's worth, maybe nothing, this gave me a different image - like if he is involved at all the image was more like a challenged person who squeezed the cat too hard and was startled to have hurt it. Something like that. Not any kind of excuse if he is involved. Just a different snapshot of the person in question. There are all kinds of people out there.
1 hr

No idea if it's true, but I have read similar comments...

If true, it doesn't lessen the likelihood that he's involved at all.  And it could be just as likely a "if she can't tell I don't get in trouble...and mama and grandma will never know what I did to her" type scenario.  After being accused of rape and kicked out of school in 2002, he wouldn't have to be a mastermind to figure that out.  A family member reported that he'd always resented that, what else did he resent?

I've seen it happen before and I just get a feeling that "LJ" possibly has been smothered and protected from any consequence that actually might have helped correct the path he was going down.  It would be interesting to know how his family reacted to the 2002 incident, if it was the first...and if he's ever had any counseling/treatment for his apparent boundary issues.

JMO

When I first read this, the character Lenny from John Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" came to mind.   

Let me qualify my last post.  From what I've read, JM was able to attend college etc., so he may have some delay, but he has enough intelligence to know right from wrong.  Lennie was kind and gentle, but has issues.  JM may have spent time observing to find a young woman that was impaired and lured her away, possibly raping and murdering her.  Much different than the Lennie character.  From the friend/coworker's remarks from texasmom's post, it reminded me of Lennie, in the description. 

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/micemen/characters.html
Lennie -  A large, lumbering, childlike migrant worker. Due to his mild mental disability, Lennie completely depends upon George, his friend and traveling companion, for guidance and protection. The two men share a vision of a farm that they will own together, a vision that Lennie believes in wholeheartedly. Gentle and kind, Lennie nevertheless does not understand his own strength. His love of petting soft things, such as small animals, dresses, and people’s hair, leads to disaster.

Absolutely agree, MuffyBee.  Also agree with all who have said if you hide it, you know it was wrong.  And I can definitely see where Lennie would come to mind here. 

JMO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: September 27, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »

I think this could be close to Charlottesville.   

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/BREAKING-Dead-Body-Found-277331161.html

BREAKING: Dead Body Found
Posted: Sat 5:03 PM, Sep 27, 2014
By: WHSV Newsroom Email

Augusta County Sheriffs Office confirms a dead body was found in Augusta Springs Saturday.

Augusta County, Va. Augusta County Sheriffs Office confirms a dead body was found in Augusta Springs Saturday.

Deputies said they are still working out the incident and were unable to comment at this time.

We have a reporter on the way.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: September 27, 2014, 05:18:40 PM »

I think this could be close to Charlottesville.   

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/BREAKING-Dead-Body-Found-277331161.html

BREAKING: Dead Body Found
Posted: Sat 5:03 PM, Sep 27, 2014
By: WHSV Newsroom Email

Augusta County Sheriffs Office confirms a dead body was found in Augusta Springs Saturday.

Augusta County, Va. Augusta County Sheriffs Office confirms a dead body was found in Augusta Springs Saturday.

Deputies said they are still working out the incident and were unable to comment at this time.

We have a reporter on the way.

About an hour away...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Charlottesville,+VA/Augusta+Springs,+VA/@37.822043,-78.6603579,9z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3862dea50a48f:0x9086f096c38b74fc!2m2!1d-78.4766781!2d38.0293059!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b3546a034c3343:0xcf27d444f5d61c90!2m2!1d-79.335278!2d38.108056

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #587 on: September 27, 2014, 05:21:48 PM »

I wonder if Jesse has contacts in that area.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: September 27, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: September 27, 2014, 05:46:22 PM »

Video

http://www.nbc12.com/clip/10624752/chief-longo-based-upon-the-current-evidence-matthew-likely-knows-where-graham-is

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo Longo said "based upon the current evidence," he is confident Jesse Matthew knows where Hannah Graham is in a news conference Thursday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: September 27, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »

To get to Galveston from Charlottesville you would take the 64 to the 81.  To get to Augusta Springs, you would take the 64 and the 81 is right there.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: September 27, 2014, 06:09:06 PM »

To get to Galveston from Charlottesville you would take the 64 to the 81.  To get to Augusta Springs, you would take the 64 and the 81 is right there.

Could it be that Jesse Matthew is talking?  Could DNA evidence that connects Jesse Matthew and Hannah Graham implies there has been a plea deal.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: September 27, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/WHSV.TV/posts/10152710532390336

WHSV - TV 3
11 minutes ago
Augusta County deputies say the body found in Augusta Springs was a suicide, involving a 61-year-old man. #whsv

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: September 27, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »

Could it be that records reveal that pings from both Jesse Matthew and Hannah Graham's cell phones pinpointed that they were in Augusta Springs area in the 40 hours prior to a missing person's report being filed?

Janet

++++

Chief Longo: "Based upon the current evidence," Matthew likely knows where Graham is
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 12:05 PM PDT
Updated: Sep 26, 2014 10:17 AM PDT

CHARLOTTESVILLE (WSLS) - Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said "based upon the current evidence," he is confident Jesse Matthew Jr. knows where Hannah Graham is. ....

Chief Longo said to be on the look-out for Hannah's iPhone 5S, which had a pink case.

She was also wearing a dark-colored sequin top and black pants.

<snipped>

http://www.wsls.com/story/26628837/charlottesville-police-chief-longo-keep-the-focus-on-finding-hannah

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: September 27, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/WHSV.TV/posts/10152710532390336

WHSV - TV 3
11 minutes ago
Augusta County deputies say the body found in Augusta Springs was a suicide, involving a 61-year-old man. #whsv

Thanks TM
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: September 27, 2014, 06:24:16 PM »

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: September 27, 2014, 07:54:33 PM »

http://www.wtop.com/41/3710722/Police-Chief-Matthew-not-yet-talking-to-police
Sat Sep 27th, 2014
Police Chief: Matthew not yet talking to police
WTOP's Mike Murillo interviews Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo on latest developments in Hannah Graham case.

Click to download on icon in article at link to listen to audio. 3:42

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: September 27, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/search-for-missing-u-va-student-hannah-graham-continues/2014/09/27/1c3c7b14-467d-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html?wprss=rss_crime
Search for missing U-Va. student Hannah Graham continues
September 27 at 4:49 PM

Dozens of law enforcement officials and volunteers on Saturday continued to search for Hannah Graham two weeks after University of Virginia student’s disappearance.

Two helicopters — one from the Virginia State Police and another from the federal Department of Homeland Security — flew overhead as at least eight canine teams and others on foot searched areas about a mile wide on each side of Route 29 south of Charlottesville.

“No breaks, no luck,” Detective Sgt. Jim Mooney of the Charlottesville Police Department said.

Since Graham was reported missing, the search has shifted from the city to farmlands and forests in the vicinity. A $100,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the safe return of the 18-year-old U-Va. sophomore from Fairfax County.

In the search for clues to her whereabouts, investigators have urged the public to be alert to anything out of the ordinary, including tire tracks, unlatched gates or broken fences, articles of clothing, or Graham’s iPhone 5S with a pink case. Police have also asked the public for tips about Matthew’s favorite fishing places.

Mooney acknowledged that the longer the search goes on, the longer the odds of finding her safe, he also said searchers — mindful of cases such as Jaycee Lee Dugard — were determined to keep looking in the hopes she could still be alive. Dugard, who was kidnapped at the age of 11, was found 18 years later.

“We’ve never stopped,” Mark Eggeman, search and rescue coordinator for the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, said Saturday.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: September 27, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »

Bar at Center of Missing UVA Student Case May Face Legal Trouble
Sep 27, 2014, 8:46 AM ET

The restaurant where missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham and Jesse Matthew allegedly went shortly before she disappeared could face legal trouble if it is confirmed that she drank there.

Surveillance footage from neighboring restaurants and witness testimony places 18-year-old Graham and 32-year-old Matthew in Tempo Restaurant in Charlottesville, Virginia, shortly after 1 a.m. on Sept. 13, according to police. But the owner said that none of the staff saw her inside.

The allegations could be very detrimental to the restaurant. Virginia's Department of Alcohol Beverage Control classifies serving someone underage a Class 1 misdemeanor that can be punishable by up to a year in prison and a possible $2,500 fine.

Brice Cunningham, the owner of Tempo Restaurant, said the restaurant is cooperating with the police investigation.

"I notice Mr. Matthews, as I told police. They ask me for his description, I came forward and gave them the information I had," Cunningham told ABC News. "We didn't see her, we didn't notice her. And she hasn't been here -- as far as we know and the staff knows, nobody saw her.

Even though he says none of his staffers saw Graham inside, Cunningham does know of one woman who was near the door who claims to have seen Matthew and Graham "leaving together." Cunningham said that woman saw Matthew "holding her with an arm around her. And she did look drunk."

The sales ticket indicates Matthews had beers, Cunningham said.

Charlottesville police have confirmed that they have witness testimony that contradicts Cunningham's version of events. Police Chief Timothy Longo said Thursday "we have at least one witness that will put her inside of that restaurant."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bar-center-missing-uva-student-case-face-legal/story?id=25787415

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: September 27, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »

Could he have drugged her?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.