March 29, 2024, 06:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 620100 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #620 on: September 28, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »

Of all the things that could be said to a judge when you've been arrested? His clothes and his bed should be the least of is immediate worries.  Makes me wonder where his mind is/was?

"Sir I have a question for you.  Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Suspect-in-missing-UVA-student-s-abduction-5778791.php

It didn't dawn on me until others commented on the articles about it, but now I too think he may have been naked in his cell? If so, that makes his requests more understandable IMO.

Maybe they thought he was suicidal?

Matthew is in“administrative segregation,” meaning they are watching his behavior, and making sure he is safe and secure.

At his court appearance Matthew asked the judge about the clothing he was provided with.

“Hey sir, I have a question for you,” Matthew said during the preceding. “Um. They took all our clothes and they got me sleeping on a large (inaudible) Should be in, I should be in some kind of clothes?”

“You appear to me to be dressed in a jump suit,'” the judge replies.

“Well, once I get back there I’m gonna take my jumpsuit off and tell me I can take my jumpsuit,” Matthew said.

“Medical, medical has to clear you out of medical, that’s a requirement of medical,” the judge said. “So once medical sees you and clears you, and they move you to another cell, you can get the jumpsuit back.”

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1409/25/ng.01.html

MOORE: Well, in my opinion and this is like coming from like a lifetime childhood friend, Jesse is not the kind that is like easily -- to be under pressure.

Michael, do you know him to have a physical ailment? Why would he be in sick bay, medical bay in the -- in the jail?

MOORE: Well, I have no idea why he`s there. I don`t think that he has any kind of mental illness. That has never came about --

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: September 28, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »

Of all the things that could be said to a judge when you've been arrested? His clothes and his bed should be the least of is immediate worries.  Makes me wonder where his mind is/was?

"Sir I have a question for you.  Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/crime-courts/article/Suspect-in-missing-UVA-student-s-abduction-5778791.php

It didn't dawn on me until others commented on the articles about it, but now I too think he may have been naked in his cell? If so, that makes his requests more understandable IMO.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/26/jesse-matthew-back-in-virginia/

Matthew is in“administrative segregation,” meaning they are watching his behavior, and making sure he is safe and secure.

At his court appearance Matthew asked the judge about the clothing he was provided with.

“Hey sir, I have a question for you,” Matthew said during the preceding. “Um. They took all our clothes and they got me sleeping on a large (inaudible) Should be in, I should be in some kind of clothes?”

“Well, once I get back there I’m gonna take my jumpsuit off and tell me I can take my jumpsuit,” Matthew said.

“Medical, medical has to clear you out of medical, that’s a requirement of medical,” the judge said. “So once medical sees you and clears you, and they move you to another cell, you can get the jumpsuit back.”

MOORE: Well, in my opinion and this is like coming from like a lifetime childhood friend, Jesse is not the kind that is like easily -- to be under pressure.

Michael, do you know him to have a physical ailment? Why would he be in sick bay, medical bay in the -- in the jail?

MOORE: Well, I have no idea why he`s there. I don`t think that he has any kind of mental illness. That has never came about --

Edit to add link   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »

Could he have drugged her?

I've wondered about that too.   

That crossed my mind too. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/28/where-is-she-just-one-of-many-questions-in-case-of-missing-student.html

The two were seen at a nearby bar, where he purchased two beers. She is said by one witness to have appeared extremely intoxicated. She texted her friends that she was on her way to see them, then texted to say she had become lost. She seemed to be fleeing at one moment, but at another offers no resistance when Matthew placed an arm around her.

That kind of behavior would be in keeping with somebody who had been slipped a date rape drug such as Midazolam, aka Dazzle. Scientific reports online suggest that the UVA Medical Center regularly uses the drug as a powerful sedative in its operating rooms. A spokeswoman said Saturday that she could comment on whether the hospital is checking for missing drugs where Matthew worked.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »

The below statement of Moore's caught my attention.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

I'd like to know more about the roommates, and the live-in girlfriend mentioned by his grandmother.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/22/jesse-leroy-matthew-wanted-poster/

As police gathered additional evidence Monday, roommates of the prime person of interest in the disappearance of second year Uva student Hannah Graham, moved out of the apartment they shared.

“Mostly I  am just shocked.”

Matthew’s landlady, Francies Lee-Vandell said her relationship with Matthew wasn’t always pleasant,  but something changed when she talked to him last week.

“I talked to him Thursday night; it was a very pleasant conversation,”she said. “I almost thought it was a different person.”

She said that she thought he was on his way up after just getting promoted as a nursing assistant at the University of Virginia Medical Center.  Now she questioned how well she actually knew Matthew.

“I don’t know how to recognize a problem, and I feel very sorry that I can’t pick up on things like that,” said Lee-Vandell.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26593843/man-seen-with-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-being-sought

Monday, police executed two new search warrants at Matthew's apartment on Hessian Hills Way and removed three bags of evidence. His landlord, Frances Lee-Vandell, said two other roommates moved out Monday and she hasn't heard from Matthew since Thursday, the night before the first police raid of his apartment.

"He was unusual with me Thursday night," she said. "He was very nice and trying to do everything helpful. I found it unusual."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: September 28, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763906/EXCLUSIVE-Person-hunt-missing-Hannah-Graham-nursing-assistant-claims-did-NOT-drive-car-hundreds-volunteers-search-her.html

‘I practically raised LJ,' Mrs Carr added. 'His mom was working and I looked after him and his sister, Nicky.

‘He had a live-in girlfriend but I don’t know what happened. They lived together at his apartment.'

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

I believe all prisoners are processed through medical.  It doesn't necessarily mean he's ill.  Also, sometimes putting them in the medical area is a way of segregating them from other prisons. 

September 25, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/CBS6

CBS 6 WTVR Richmond @CBS6  ·  5m
#JesseMatthew is in “administrative segregation,” meaning they are watching his behavior. Make sure he is secure from other prisoners, self.

CBS 6 WTVR Richmond @CBS6  ·  8m
RT @MelissaCBS6: Galveston Presser: Law enforcement is questioning #JesseMatthew right now. They are now checking for evidence in car....

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »

In never took JM's comments about them taking his clothing as meaning he was kept in the cell naked.  I took it to mean he didn't care for the prison jumpsuit.  But I don't really know...  Here is the article that has convo between JM and the judge.

Suspect in missing UVa student case was camping on beach, won't fight extradition back to Virginia
September 24, 2014, Updated September 25, 2014

The suspect in the disappearance of a University of Virginia student went before a Galveston County judge early Thursday morning a day after his arrest.

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, wearing green jail-issue coveralls, waived his right to an attorney at a hearing  inside the county jail before Galveston County Judge Mark Henry, who occasionally takes time away from his duties at Commissioners Court to assist the magistrate judge.

The arraignment took place behind locked doors and could be viewed by the public on a video screen in the jail lobby.

Henry denied him bail on the charge from Virginia and set a $1,500 bond on a Galveston County charge of giving false information to a police officer. Bail is typically denied for a number of reasons, including a defendant being a flight risk.

"And sir I have a question for you," Matthew asked Henry. "Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

Henry said, "You appear to be dressed to me."

Matthew said, "Once I get back I'd rather take my jumpsuit off."

Henry told him to take it up with the sheriff's office.

By his action Thursday morning,  Matthew is  indicating he will not fight extradition back to Virginia.

Matthew was wanted in the kidnapping of 18-year-old Hannah Elizabeth Graham, a case that has made national headlines and roiled the college town of Charlottesville, Va.

A Galveston County deputy apprehended Matthew about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in Gilchrist, a small community on the Bolivar Peninsula - 30 miles of beachfront marked by tiny hamlets and resort areas that are still recovering from 2008 Hurricane Ike devastation.

Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said that Deputy Ross Perez discovered Matthew on the Bolivar Peninsula living in a tent on the beach. He said Matthew's car was parked nearby. "It was a job well done on all counts," he said.

It was unknown how long he had been on the peninsula.

Virginia officials and the FBI have asked the sheriff's office to refrain from revealing details about the arrest, Trochesset said.

Matthew's car has been impounded, he said.

Law enforcement officials from Virginia are expected to arrive in Galveston Thursday afternoon.

Matthew will be processed through the Galveston County jail, then extradited to Virginia, the sheriff said.

During a news conference Wednesday night in Virginia, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said the search for the missing student is continuing.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: September 28, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »

In never took JM's comments about them taking his clothing as meaning he was kept in the cell naked.  I took it to mean he didn't care for the prison jumpsuit.  But I don't really know...  Here is the article that has convo between JM and the judge.

Suspect in missing UVa student case was camping on beach, won't fight extradition back to Virginia
September 24, 2014, Updated September 25, 2014

The suspect in the disappearance of a University of Virginia student went before a Galveston County judge early Thursday morning a day after his arrest.

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, wearing green jail-issue coveralls, waived his right to an attorney at a hearing  inside the county jail before Galveston County Judge Mark Henry, who occasionally takes time away from his duties at Commissioners Court to assist the magistrate judge.

The arraignment took place behind locked doors and could be viewed by the public on a video screen in the jail lobby.

Henry denied him bail on the charge from Virginia and set a $1,500 bond on a Galveston County charge of giving false information to a police officer. Bail is typically denied for a number of reasons, including a defendant being a flight risk.

"And sir I have a question for you," Matthew asked Henry. "Like, they took all my clothes and they got me sleeping on a hard thing. I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

Henry said, "You appear to be dressed to me."

Matthew said, "Once I get back I'd rather take my jumpsuit off."

Henry told him to take it up with the sheriff's office.

By his action Thursday morning,  Matthew is  indicating he will not fight extradition back to Virginia.

Matthew was wanted in the kidnapping of 18-year-old Hannah Elizabeth Graham, a case that has made national headlines and roiled the college town of Charlottesville, Va.

A Galveston County deputy apprehended Matthew about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday in Gilchrist, a small community on the Bolivar Peninsula - 30 miles of beachfront marked by tiny hamlets and resort areas that are still recovering from 2008 Hurricane Ike devastation.

Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said that Deputy Ross Perez discovered Matthew on the Bolivar Peninsula living in a tent on the beach. He said Matthew's car was parked nearby. "It was a job well done on all counts," he said.

It was unknown how long he had been on the peninsula.

Virginia officials and the FBI have asked the sheriff's office to refrain from revealing details about the arrest, Trochesset said.

Matthew's car has been impounded, he said.

Law enforcement officials from Virginia are expected to arrive in Galveston Thursday afternoon.

Matthew will be processed through the Galveston County jail, then extradited to Virginia, the sheriff said.

During a news conference Wednesday night in Virginia, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said the search for the missing student is continuing.

After reading different quotes in different articles I figured it might be best to listen for myself.  From my understanding after listening the quote in this article is not correct or complete and that makes it sort of misleading imo.

The actual hearing is here, I've set the link to start at that part:

http://youtu.be/wqKS4lPTNaA?t=2m15s

VIDEO: Jesse Matthew appears in Texas court
FOX 5 DC

From my understanding after the judge says it looks like he has a jumpsuit on; he says "well once I get back they're gonna take my jumpsuit off...and tell me I can take my jumpsuit off."

And then they discuss when he can get the jumpsuit back.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: September 28, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »

looks like maybe LE didnt know who jesse was on 9/18/14 @ 9:05 am
jesse was stopped for failure to display license plates, and i thought
he had some outstanding fines too, you would think he would have
been arrested,and have to see a judge about unpaid fines
9th listing from the bottom
click img to view each section
https://twitter.com/kasie19RU/status/513821226637471744/photo/1

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: September 28, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »

looks like maybe LE didnt know who jesse was on 9/18/14 @ 9:05 am
jesse was stopped for failure to display license plates, and i thought
he had some outstanding fines too, you would think he would have
been arrested,and have to see a judge about unpaid fines
9th listing from the bottom
click img to view each section
https://twitter.com/kasie19RU/status/513821226637471744/photo/1

There are two problems with the image that was tweeted.

1.) It does not show the headings. The date listed is the hearing date, not the offense date. See in the image I just prepared:

2.) There is a confusion here as to whose offense is whose. His father, or him. See the DOB below for the offense: 5-30-****. Jr's DOB is 12-14-1981. I believe the referenced offense is his father's, not his.

Also, this just shows the Charlottesville court system offenses, there are quite a few through the Albermarle court system as well. Seems like both of them, father and son have racked up quite a few traffic offenses. 

Hope this helps and sorry for the huge images, but they were not very readable when I reduced the size.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: September 28, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26648803/uva-student-s-feel-safe-on-campus-with-increased-security

UVA students feel safe on campus with increased security

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 5:25 PM PST Updated: Sep 28, 2014 5:25 PM PST

Students at the University of Virginia continue to show their love and support for missing second-year student, Hannah Graham, by wearing orange "Hope for Hannah" ribbons.

Since Hannah vanished more than two weeks ago, there has been a renewed interest and concern from students about the safety of UVA. 

University administrators have done several important things to insure the campus continues to feel like a home away from home for students.

Abraham Axler, president of Graham's class, says that while many students may be a little uneasy, they are not scared.

"Safety is always a concern on a college campus.  Our campus, I would say, is among the safest in the country.  We have a blue light system and the University has responded in a way to make people feel

Last week the University announced an increase of campus patrols and more assistance from local law enforcement.  They also expanded the number of vans and hours for their SafeRide program.

"I've definitely seen a lot more cops around and I think that is good because there wasn't really much of a presence before so I really appreciate their efforts," said Michelle Farggert, a third-year student.

Since the disappearance of Graham, students say they have noticed the increased security presence.

"We do notice it and they do seem to be well doing their jobs," said third-year student Ashlye Allison.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: September 29, 2014, 07:55:56 AM »

Where is Hannah?! 

September 29, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jakeburnsCBS6

Jake Burns @JakeBurnsCBS6  ·  2h
Professional search teams have been involved in #HannahGraham case from the jump. Focusing on Rt 29 in Albermarle County now @CBS6

Jake Burns @JakeBurnsCBS6  ·  2h
Search for #HannahGraham continues today. It's been 16 days since she was last seen. @CBS6 #BringHannahHome

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: September 29, 2014, 07:57:29 AM »

https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  1h
The search for #HannahGraham is moving into southern Albemarle Co. Watch us live for an update on the case: http://ht.ly/C3Ju1

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: September 29, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm

Matt Talhelm @MattTalhelm  ·  58m
JUST IN: Friends, supporters of #HannahGraham abduction suspect #JesseMatthew set up fundraising site for his defense pic.twitter.com/QYOBoYROf1

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #635 on: September 29, 2014, 10:12:44 AM »

RE: the developmentally delayed or disabled possibility -- I know someone who is said to be DD and even draws a disability income. But that someone is strangely perfectly able to make decisions when it is of benefit to her and to sway matters in her favor through manipulation, mainly using her disability as leverage. So, I'd venture to say she is not that delayed. Nothing against anyone who is in fact DD. Just my observations about one person.

JM -- he might not be highly intelligent or organized, but the "slowness" might also be an act or a possible defense strategy. I believe "luck" has been on his side until now. I always thought once they had Morgan's perp's DNA and linked it to another crime and a sketch, it was a clock ticking very loudly. Time seems to be running out. Is it running out for JM? Tick tock. We shall see. 

I remember you, Caylee.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: September 29, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »

thanks Brandi, i thought about that,it might be the father

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: September 29, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

RE: the developmentally delayed or disabled possibility -- I know someone who is said to be DD and even draws a disability income. But that someone is strangely perfectly able to make decisions when it is of benefit to her and to sway matters in her favor through manipulation, mainly using her disability as leverage. So, I'd venture to say she is not that delayed. Nothing against anyone who is in fact DD. Just my observations about one person.

JM -- he might not be highly intelligent or organized, but the "slowness" might also be an act or a possible defense strategy. I believe "luck" has been on his side until now. I always thought once they had Morgan's perp's DNA and linked it to another crime and a sketch, it was a clock ticking very loudly. Time seems to be running out. Is it running out for JM? Tick tock. We shall see. 

From this map, it looks like (and I'm hoping) they are covering area now in the search that will include the Ponderosa Trail address that JM listed when he was cab driving, and the area where Morgan Harrington's remains were found about six miles away.

The search area has now been widened to wooded areas south of Charlottesville principally between routes 29 and 20

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773311/Police-search-teams-scour-dense-woodland-hunt-missing-British-student-Hannah-Graham.html#ixzz3EihiU4Av

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #638 on: September 29, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

Good Morning all!

Praying today is the day that Hannah is found! Prayers for her precious family. I know the waiting is excruciating!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: September 29, 2014, 12:46:52 PM »

O M G!

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/518201074991586

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
21 mins · Edited ·

HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Forensics collected from Jesse Matthew linked to Morgan Harrington.

SPREAD THIS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.