March 28, 2024, 03:00:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 619797 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: September 29, 2014, 04:37:49 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2014/09/29/breaking-news-jesse-matthew-abduction-of-hannah-graham-also-linked-to-morgan-harrington-murder/

BREAKING NEWS: Jesse Matthew Abduction of Hannah Graham also linked to Morgan Harrington Murder

BREAKING NEWS- sources inside the investigation of both the murder of Morgan Dana Harrington and the abduction with the intent to defile of 2nd year student at UVA, Hannah Graham  have confirmed to S. Christina Stoy, Editor in Chief of www.blinkoncrime.com that DNA belonging to Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr matches the DNA link to that of a wanted suspect in the Harrington murder.

Further tests are being conducted to connect Mr. Matthew to a 2005 Fairfax sexual assault as well.

This is a developing story,  please check back for updates.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #681 on: September 29, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »

I think it will come out that his cabbie job helped him lure victims. 

Think of all the compromised women he had access to at the hospital.   

I've been wondering if his dad was a cab driver too?  IIRC, he had quite a few traffic issues in the court records.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:23 PM »

Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax 2005 attack: "a forensic connection between the two unsolved cases, but the sources said DNA evidence links them."

And now forensic connection between Morgan and Hannah's suspect.

Sounds like the Fairfax victim could be a valuable witness at Matthew's trial.

I agree Brandi.  Has the Fairfax rape victim been identified?

Janet

+++++

Help Us Catch a Killer
Unknown Offender Linked by DNA in Two Separate Cases

06/13/12

On a Saturday night in October 2009, college student Morgan Harrington left a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville and disappeared. It would be several months before her body was discovered in a field about 10 miles away.

<snipped>

DNA recovered in the Harrington case was linked to an unknown offender in a September 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City. A 26-year-old woman was attacked at night while walking home from a grocery store. The offender was scared away by a passerby—but the victim got a good look at him, enabling a Fairfax City Police artist to produce a sketch of the attacker.

“It was a remarkable break to get the DNA match,” said FBI Special Agent Jane Collins. The forensic evidence linked the two cases, so now we have a face to put with the suspect in the Harrington case. The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair (at the time of the 2005 attack). He is approximately 6 feet tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the Fairfax City assault.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/june/help-FBI-catch-morgan-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: September 29, 2014, 05:40:25 PM »

Evidence links suspect in Hannah Graham abduction to '09 case
Published September 29, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/29/evidence-links-suspect-in-hannah-graham-abduction-to-0-case/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: September 29, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »

I apologize.  I did not realize the image was so large.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: September 29, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773896/Police-claim-IS-forensic-evidence-linking-Hannah-Graham-suspect-Jesse-Matthew-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html

Forensic evidence links Hannah Graham suspect to TWO more attacks including rape and murder of co-ed five years ago

By Nick Fagge In Charlottesville, Virginia for MailOnline

Published: 12:01 EST, 29 September 2014 | Updated: 16:23 EST, 29 September 2014

The prime suspect in the abduction of Hannah Graham has been linked to the disappearance, rape and murder of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, it was revealed on Monday.

Virginia State Police this morning confirmed the arrest of Jesse ‘LJ’ Matthew had provided a ‘new forensic link’ to detectives investigating the disappearance of 20-year-old Morgan in October 2009.

Police described the dramatic development as a ‘significant break’.

Morgan’s brutal murder has already been linked by DNA to the rape of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax, Virginia in September 2005.

If the link between Morgan’s disappearance and Matthew is confirmed, the 32-year-old will be accused of the abduction, rape or sexual assault of at least four young women over a 14-year period.

The abduction ‘with intent to defile’ (a legal term for sexual assault) of UVA student Hannah Graham in September 2014.

The murder of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington in October 2009

Sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax, Virginia, in September 2005

Rape of a Liberty University student in October 2002

The disappearances of a further five young women from the area around Charlottesville, known as the Route 29 corridor, remain unexplained.

However a source with detailed knowledge of Matthew’s background alerted MailOnline to a likely link with Morgan’s disappearance as soon as he was charged with Hannah Graham’s abduction.

Speaking to MailOnline the source said: ‘After Morgan disappeared LJ [Matthew] started growing his hair and shaved off his beard.

‘I mentioned to him that he looked like the man in the sketch [of a suspect issued by police following Morgan’s disappearance].

‘It was the spitting image of him.

‘He didn’t reply, he just said “oh”, which was unusual. He normally always had something to say.

‘Even friends from elementary school said he looked like the man in the sketch.

‘At the time when the incident happened he had a beard and short hair. And he was a lot darker then.

‘But he grew his hair out and shaved his beard off.

‘He had his hair twisted. And then he grew it out into dreads and he wore it in a pony tail.’

Yesterday Virginia State Police confirmed this suspicion.

The 20-year-old was last seen trying to hitch a lift, according to Virginia State Police.

Matthew was working as a taxi driver at the time of Morgan’s disappearance and would offer lifts for free to girls, according to a source with detailed knowledge of his past.

The source told MailOnline: ‘LJ got in trouble with work because he would pull up in his cab alongside girls walking along and he would ask random girls.

‘He would say; “hey do you want a ride. I’ll take you wherever you want to go for free”.

‘One time he tried to follow one girl into her home.’

Meanwhile the search for Hannah Graham continues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2773896/Police-claim-IS-forensic-evidence-linking-Hannah-Graham-suspect-Jesse-Matthew-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3EkGxP0WQ

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #686 on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »

Hannah may have been saved if this person had alerted police when the sketch first came out and how LJ changed his appearance. So sad.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: September 29, 2014, 06:17:49 PM »

September 29, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  2h 2 hours ago
I'll try to explain prior tweet re: #JesseMatthew #HannahGraham at 5:30 on @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6 @ChelseaCBS6 @BillFitzCBS6

If #JesseMatthew DNA evid is what seems, prosecutors have 3 strong trials; Fairfax, C'ville x2; & admit evid of all 3 in each trial. @CBS6

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  5h 5 hours ago
Would make sense for both sides MT @SarahWW: @toddbstone @MelissaCBS6 @CBS6 @ChelseaCBS6  Plea to avoid death penalty:confess & disclose all

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  6h 6 hours ago
#morganharrington prosecution could happen before #hannahgraham depending on results.  @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6 @ChelseaCBS6

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: September 29, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »

Video 2:13

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web-extra-interview-with-harringtons-about-link-with-hannah-graham-disappearance/28321158
WEB EXTRA: Interview with Harringtons about link with Hannah Graham disappearance
POSTED: 05:17 PM EDT Sep 29, 2014

Gil and Dan Harrington, the parents of Morgan Harrington, talked to WDBJ7's Jean Jadhon on Monday.  Earlier Monday, Virginia State Police confirmed a forensic link between Jesse Matthew, the suspect in the disappearance of Hannah Graham, and the Morgan Harrington case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: September 29, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  56m 56 minutes ago
Rain is not putting a damper on the search for Hannah Graham Monday in Albemarle County; it actually helped. http://ht.ly/C5p9b

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: September 29, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »

A link to the Harrington case?  That's it?  What about the fairfax rape case?  Is there a link to the official new release?  Was there only one official news release today?

Gil Harrington?  I never fails to amaze me in regards to the grace/strength shown by parents of missing children.  It must be God-given.

Janet

+++++

State police: Forensic link found between Hannah Graham, Morgan Harrington cases
September 29, 2014

<snipped>

Last week’s arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., on charges of abducting Hannah Graham, “provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link” to the Harrington case, state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said in a news release Monday.

Details of the type of forensic evidence — which suggests that the same person was involved in the Harrington and Graham cases  — were not immediately clear.

“There is still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation,” Geller said.

But the news gave hope to Gil and Dan Harrington of Roanoke County, who have been waiting for the past five years for an arrest of the person responsible for their daughter’s death.

“We’re relieved that justice for Morgan may be coming,” Dan Harrington said Monday.  He declined to elaborate on what the Harringtons have been told by police, saying, “I think the focus needs to be on trying to find Hannah Graham.”

<snipped>

http://www.roanoke.com/news/state-police-forensic-link-found-between-hannah-graham-morgan-harrington/article_9a4d7f2f-967e-5a51-b6b6-92ca94e10819.html

_____

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: September 29, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »

I wonder what he said to Hannah that night?

He was a cab driver and could take her to wherever she wanted to go?

This is one reason I worry about UBER drivers.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: September 29, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »

Video 11:59

http://wavy.com/2014/09/29/full-interview-morgan-harringtons-mom-discusses-hannah-graham-case/

Full interview: Morgan Harrington’s mom discusses Hannah Graham case
By Catherine Rogers Published: September 29, 2014, 4:48 pm   

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WSLS) — WSLS (NBC 10 of Roanoke/Lynchburg) sent a reporter to Charlottesville, who spoke with Gil Harrington for an exclusive interview on Monday after Virginia State Police announced the suspect in the Hannah Graham abduction case has been linked to the 2009 murder of her daughter, Morgan Harrington.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: September 29, 2014, 09:32:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff @HenryGraff     ·  7h 7 hours ago   
JUST IN: statement from Fairfax City Police in light of #jessematthew connection to #MorganHarrington case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: September 29, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »

Todd Stone
@toddbstone
Lawyer, TV (WTVR-CBS), Radio Legal Analyst and completely newbie tweeter (so forgive my twitter faux pas & over-tumbling: http://toddbstone.tumblr.com )
Richmond, VA
 scdlawyers.com
 Joined January 2012

https://twitter.com/toddbstone

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  34m 34 minutes ago
It's true #JesseMatthew is presumed innocent & we don't have all facts. But a heart to heart talk w lawyer is NECESSARY. @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  36m 36 minutes ago
If true, time is NOW for #JesseMatthew.Wait for police to find #HannahGraham & you're NO USE anymore. 2 Death Penalty cases possible. @CBS6

Likely more charges in the future for #JesseMatthew. All accusations.  Still innocent until proven guilty. @CBS6 @MelissaCBS6 @ChelseaCBS6

Twas public knowledge that Fairfax case & #MorganHarrington shared same foreign DNA. What's it say if #JesseMatthew reoffended despite that?

Prosecutors would consult w #HannahGraham & #MorganHarrington families regarding trading info for life if that situation arises. @CBS6

Still early, but IF DNA points to #JesseMatthew in all 3 cases then defense may shift to avoid death penalty. @CBS6 @WildAboutTrials

Todd Stone @toddbstone  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Fairfax sexual assault victim may be an unsung hero for coming forward despite some societal pressures. #JesseMatthew @CBS6 @ChelseaCBS6

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: September 29, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »

http://www.wsls.com/story/26658292/gil-harrington-responds-to-new-forensic-link-to-jesse-matthew
Gil Harrington responds to new forensic link to Jesse Matthew
Posted: Sep 29, 2014 6:27 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 29, 2014 7:32 PM CD

"These women were not asking for it. They were stolen from us they were taken from us," Gil Harrington said.

Gil Harrington said she's spent sleepless nights wondering if the person who killed Morgan would also kill again.

"I'm relieved. If this is the person who killed Morgan. He is in custody and he's likely not to ever be able to harm another human being. I'm very pleased to know that," Harrington said.

Here's some connections:
* Jesse Matthew accused of sexual assault at Liberty University on October 17, 2002.
* Morgan Harrington went missing October 17, 2009.
Although, no evidence links these cases:
* Missing Orange County 19-year-old Samantha Clarke went missing September 13, 2010.
*Missing UVA student 18-year-old Hannah Graham went missing September 13, 2014.

This is Harrington's response about Matthew's connection to other missing girls: "I would not be surprised to hear that. I would be saddened but this is what predators do, they kill," Harrington said.

Harrington reminds the community to keep focusing on finding Hannah Graham.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: September 29, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »

BBM Say what?!  JMHO  Definition of "empathy": 
em·pa·thy
ˈempəTHē/Submit
noun
the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

https://twitter.com/SolomonReports

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  3h 3 hours ago
"We're hoping to find out w/ due process where the guilt lies but I think we should start off w/ empathy,"  ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ family Pastor. ‪#‎NBC12‬ #HannahGraham
... http://fb.me/1B3prSmJc

After “threats & menacing behavior”  #JesseMatthew defense fundraising site is now disabled. It reached nearly... http://fb.me/2KyfeexYO

Brent Solomon retweeted
 Michael Pegram @MichaelDPegram  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Great team coverage guys! @CurtNBC12 @solomonreports @SusanNBC12 @ChrisNBC12

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  10h 10 hours ago
State police now confirms link of Jesse Matthew to Harrington death. #bringhannahhome #nbc12

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Source: Forensic evidence links #JesseMatthew to #MorganHarrington case. #nbc12 #bringhannahhome

Brent Solomon @solomonreports  ·  13h 13 hours ago
#JesseMatthew launches page to raise money for defense. #BringHannahHome #NBC12 http://fb.me/3mBXcWvkv

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: September 29, 2014, 10:27:30 PM »

Well, it looks like most of the tweet I posted ended up bolded.  While I feel JM should have his day in court, I am currently stopping short with having "empathy" for him at this time, given the information we've been given so far. Yes, due process.  I'm wondering if folks like JM's pastor is part of the reason there may be at least three crimes against young women he's been linked to through DNA?  JMHO

This is what got me:

"We're hoping to find out w/ due process where the guilt lies but I think we should start off w/ empathy,"  ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ family Pastor. ‪#‎NBC12‬ #HannahGraham
... http://fb.me/1B3prSmJc

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: September 29, 2014, 10:32:04 PM »

Here's the link to the definition of "empathy":
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition%20of%20empathy

It just irks me, to put it mildly.  Just what is it we're supposed to try and understand about JM and what he is currently in jail for, awaiting charges, after being tied to three cases against young women?  In the case of Morgan Harrington, it's reported she had "shattered bones" .  She was found murdered.  Hannah Graham still missing.  Then there's the Fairfax case.  What am I supposed to feel empathetic toward JM for?  Grrr.... rant over

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #699 on: September 29, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »

Here's the link to the definition of "empathy":
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition%20of%20empathy

It just irks me, to put it mildly.  Just what is it we're supposed to try and understand about JM and what he is currently in jail for, awaiting charges, after being tied to three cases against young women?  In the case of Morgan Harrington, it's reported she had "shattered bones" .  She was found murdered.  Hannah Graham still missing.  Then there's the Fairfax case.  What am I supposed to feel empathetic toward JM for?  Grrr.... rant over

You aren't alone Muffy Grrrr is right.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.