March 28, 2024, 12:02:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing Since 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#1  (Read 619850 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #860 on: October 10, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »

Sleeks YW, welcome back

if the info in the article about the cab is right,when the cab co. reported
it gone/stolen that should have been a red flag

cw618 , is there n article anywhere about the cab going missing and when it disappeared? I saw some comments on the article that sleeks posted about the cab being stolen or hidden but nothing other than the cab had been found 2 weeks ago. TIA

Darla no article, was JMO, since it was reported found in a field, but as was
said it could have been an old storage area, of the now defunct cab co.
and as far as the news reporting the info on seized cab, ect.
 JMO, there is prob a leak, and the statement from the VSP isnt really
denying or confirming anything, it reads like the info out there wasnt
an official statement from VSP
-------------------------------
Virginia State Police released the following statement regarding today's inaccurate information:

"Right now the disappearance and death of Morgan are the core focus of the Virginia State Police investigation. Release of information from anyone other than the Virginia State Police concerning this case is not official nor factually confirmed."
-----------------------------------------------------------

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: October 10, 2014, 12:28:28 PM »

Details Emerge about Matthew on Night of Harrington Disappearance
Oct 09, 2014

<snipped>

One taxi driver says a Charlottesville detective told him back in 2009 Morgan got into a cab the night she vanished. ....

We learned that authorities interviewed Matthew in 2009, following Harrington's disappearance, along with dozens of other cab drivers working on October 17. ....

<snipped>

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26747974/details-emerge-about-matthew-on-night-of-harrington-disappearance

Jesse Matthew questioned in 2009 Harrington disappearance
October 10, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WAVY) — Charlottesville NBC affiliate, WVIR, reports Jesse Matthew was one of dozens of cab drivers authorities questioned in 2009 after Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington went missing.

The report does not specify what authorities questioned Matthew, but according to a release from Virginia State Police, state police never questioned him.

<snipped>

http://wavy.com/2014/10/10/jesse-matthew-questioned-in-2009-harrington-disappearance/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: October 10, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »

The official police press release eleven days following Morgan's disappearance did not mention anything about Morgan being observed getting into a cab.

++++

Timeline detailing Harrington disappearance released
Oct 28, 2009

<snipped>

Details listed in the police press release:

Interviews with various arena staff and other people in the vicinity of the arena that night have placed a young woman matching Miss Harrington's description outside the facility from approximately 8:30 p.m. to approximately 9:30 p.m.:

8:20 - 8:30 p.m. - Miss Harrington is outside the arena near the main entrance and is attempting to re-enter the arena, but is told that arena policy requires her to have a ticket stub to do so.

8:30 - 8:48 p.m. - Witnesses recall seeing a woman fitting Miss Harrington's description outside the arena at various locations.

8:48 p.m. - Miss Harrington talks to her friends by cell phone.

8:48 - 9:00 p.m. - Additional sightings of her outside the arena are reported.

9:00 - 9:10 p.m. - Miss Harrington is seen walking through the University Hall parking lot towards Lannigan Field.

9:10 - 9:20 p.m. - Individuals report seeing Miss Harrington walking in the grassy, overflow parking lot at Lannigan Field. The lot is often used for RV parking.

9:20 - 9:30 p.m. - She is seen walking on the Copeley Road railroad bridge, between Ivy Road and the track at Lannigan Field. Investigators are asking for anyone who might have seen a young woman fitting Miss Harrington's description getting into a vehicle around this time or later to contact police. Also, anyone who might recall seeing a vehicle randomly stopped in the roadway on Copeley Road that night is asked to notify police.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/11398573/timeline-detailing-harrington-disappearance-released

I am not doubting that Jesse Matthew may taken Morgan away in his cab following the last reported sighting but according to the police release eleven days following her disappearance there were no witnesses to this happening.  Apparently ... a recent official release denies that Jesse Matthew was questioned at the time of Morgan's disappearance.

Janet

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: October 10, 2014, 12:40:49 PM »

State Police: Jesse Matthew not interviewed in 2009 in Harrington investigation
Published Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014

Media reports that Virginia State Police investigators interviewed Jesse Matthew in 2009 in connection with the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are not accurate, according to a statement from the state police late Thursday.

The statement from VSP: ....

<snipped>

http://augustafreepress.com/state-police-jesse-matthew-interviewed-2009-harrington-investigation/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: October 10, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »

sleeks on newer cars,i think 2005 on, there is a way to get some mileage
readings, like on the tire indicator sensor and oil change sensor if equipped
but i dont think you could track the mileage,unless you knew for sure, JM
did go here and here everyday, then it would just be a guesstemeant and
one of those reminder stickers the oil change service gives you would help
but still would just be a guess

about those tricky farm country roads and the trip to TX, JMO
JM prob has a gps program in his phone, or had/haves a gps device
if he had a gps device in 2009, he would have to subscribe to the
service for that unit/device for updates

one other thing, the damage to the front of the 1998 chrysler coupe
looks like it was enough to trigger the air bag, passenger side, but
it didnt look deployed in the imgs, maybe because it was more impact
on the side of fender than the front

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: October 10, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »

Could it be that there will be a plea deal offered/requested in exchange for the truth encompassing the disappearance of Hannah Graham?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »

Could it be that there will be a plea deal offered/requested in exchange for the truth encompassing the disappearance of Hannah Graham?

.... and the murder of Morgan Harrington and ... the Fairfax rape case.  All cases were connected by DNA.

Could it be that the victim in the Fairfax rape case who assisted in a composite of her attacker may be able to identify Jesse Matthew?

Janet

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: October 10, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »

in this img of JM and the cab, there is a i think a reflection of something
in the back window, and if you look to the right of the steering wheel it
looks like a heat vent or maybe a phone or gps device? i cant tell
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/09/1412892842358_wps_3_File_photo_of_Jesse_Matth.jpg

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: October 10, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »

in this img of JM and the cab, there is a i think a reflection of something
in the back window, and if you look to the right of the steering wheel it
looks like a heat vent or maybe a phone or gps device? i cant tell
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/09/1412892842358_wps_3_File_photo_of_Jesse_Matth.jpg

cw618

Your research skills are amazing.  Thanks

Janet

_____

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #870 on: October 10, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »

Just pray for peace for Hannah's parents.  It is now a month (almost).  It has to be beyond devastating for them and their family. 

Does anyone know how many people in total - or approximate total will be searching this weekend?

I am also very curious to know what if anything the "roommates" told LE about times, demeanor, etc.  They couldn't all be on different schedules to such a degree that someone didn't know something. 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: October 10, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »

Just pray for peace for Hannah's parents.  It is now a month (almost).  It has to be beyond devastating for them and their family. 

Does anyone know how many people in total - or approximate total will be searching this weekend?

I am also very curious to know what if anything the "roommates" told LE about times, demeanor, etc.  They couldn't all be on different schedules to such a degree that someone didn't know something. 
BBM.
Can't tell you how many in total will be searching, but these groups will be participating from Hampton, which is about 150 miles ES of Charlottesville:

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Some of Hampton’s first responders will be helping in the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

The Hampton Police Division and Fire & Rescue Division are responding to a request for search and rescue assistance from the Charlottesville Police Department.
<snipped>
On Friday, about 25 people from the HPD and HFD will head to Charlottesville to help the search effort over the weekend. The following resources will be involved:

The Hampton Police Dive Team
    Bloodhounds from the Hampton K-9 Unit
    ATV’s for additional search capabilities
    Medical response assistance
    Equipment to help with interoperable communications
http://wavy.com/2014/10/09/hampton-first-responders-to-help-search-for-hannah-graham/
Updated: October 10, 2014

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: October 10, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-2-pm-briefing-on-search-for-hannah-graham/29053258
POSTED: 01:49 PM EDT Oct 10, 2014    UPDATED: 01:53 PM EDT Oct 10, 2014

WATCH LIVE: 2 p.m. briefing on search for Hannah Graham

Investigators will give a 2 p.m. update on the search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: October 10, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »

Preparing for a live briefing about the search:
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-2-pm-briefing-on-search-for-hannah-graham/29053258

Apparently, they are running behind schedule.

You can watch it live at the above URL.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: October 10, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »

October 10, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/FrankieJupiter

Frankie Jupiter Jr. @FrankieJupiter  ·  28m 28 minutes ago
#HannahGraham briefing to start at 2p

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: October 10, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »

Muffy and Brandi

Thank you for the heads-up regarding the press conference.  I missed most of it.  Story of my life.  Anyways ... I will read updates later.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #876 on: October 10, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »

Good read, imo.

http://www.c-ville.com/misinformation-media-frenzy-around-hannah-graham-case/#.VDheomddW8A

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: October 10, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203030011646595&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1

Coy Barefoot
40 mins ·
FOUR WEEKS AGO TONIGHT, University of Virginia student Hannah Graham went out with some friends here in Charlottesville. When they separated, she made plans to meet up with them later. But that never happened. We know Hannah, for reason that may never be explained, walked downtown instead. At about 145am someone remembered seeing her walking away into the night under the arm of Jesse Matthew. The eye witness with whom I spoke says Hannah looked like she was having trouble walking on her own. She was slouched against Jesse as she walked, as if he was holding her up. That's the last time anyone remembers seeing Hannah Graham. The past four weeks have been a gut-wrenching experience for this little city I love— but most especially for Hannah's family and close friends, who are at this moment enduring an unspeakable horror. Jesse Matthew has since been arrested and charged with Hannah's abduction. Investigators continue to explore his possible connections to other crimes. The heroic searchers continue to walk the woods around Charlottesville, looking for any sign of Hannah. Our community has been confronted with so much pain and tragedy. But never doubt our resolve to do whatever we have to do to find Hannah and bring her home to her mom and dad. She is out there, right now, somewhere. We will never forget that. And we will never stop looking. w/ Help Find Hannah Graham, Help Save The Next Girl.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: October 10, 2014, 08:20:43 PM »

I don't know how taxi companies work.. Like if you can own the car but work for the company(or why one would do that). Just that it would make more sense if the cab ended up being abandoned or something... If he was the owner and not the company.

Also, I agree that if they said she was getting into a cab that night, and they questioned cabbies and even him.. I'm surprised they never got a DNA test for him even secretly.. (since articles have even said friends told him he looked like the sketch and that he'd get upset about it.. So he had a couple potentially linking him to both Morgan and the rape case.)

I hate second guessing but I just think of those that could have been protected from him if he had been caught.

I'd been wondering if he owned the cab too.

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot/posts/10203023323079385

Coy Barefoot
22 hrs · Edited ·
LATEST. Tonight on CNN I shared the news that law enforcement has, after an extensive search, recovered the van taxi that Jesse Matthew was driving for Access Taxi in October 2009 when Morgan Harrington was abducted. I've learned that Mr. Matthew had actually owned the van, drove it as his own car years ago, and contracted with Access as a cab driver. At this point only the State Police has the records that would establish whether or not Jesse was actually driving on that Saturday night, October 17 when Morgan was last seen— though everyone with whom I have spoken who would know, has concluded that it was very likely (with the Metallica Concert going on, Saturday night, etc)— but that specific question: was he driving his cab that night, has not been confirmed by police; and the other obvious question: did he pick up Morgan? (confirmed witnesses say she was on UVA's Copeley Road Bridge thumbing for a ride). well, I think only one person now knows the answer to that question.
There have been some reports that Morgan was seen getting in a van. I have been cautious to report this, as I'm not convinced this is part of the original eye-witness accounts. There are some who are simply repeating this, having heard it somewhere in the last five years. Others say they heard the police say it years ago. I'm not saying it's not true, I'm saying I can't confirm it IS true, and honestly appears to be the kind of story that has been repeated enough times that people start believing it. I am simply exercising a little caution.
I can confirm that the original records and all copies thereof from Access Taxi from that time time period were taken years ago by state police in their investigation into Morgan's disappearance. The staff and drivers for Access Taxi are currently being interviewed by state police in their effort to more fully develop what they have confirmed is a "forensic link" of some kind between Jesse Matthew and the abduction and murder of Morgan Harrington. This may or may not lead to new charges.
I also broke the news on CNN tonight that when the police released a sketch of the man who was wanted in Morgan's disappearance, Jesse's coworkers at Access Taxi teased him for looking like the man in the sketch. None of those coworkers with whom I have spoken actually believed he was capable of being in any way related to Morgan's disappearance— but they did tease him for looking like the man in the sketch. I have been told that he laughed it off.
Sources close to the search for Hannah Graham tell me that next week we can expect a transition to a new phase in the search— now that the 8-mile radius has been searched by the team. Specific, pointed areas will be selected for closer inspection. There will be a two-day "stand down" period on Monday and Tuesday, after which a new phase of the search will begin. We will be learning more about this in the coming days. The tip line is 434-295-3851.
We continue to benefit from the hard work and dedication of some amazing people who are engaged in a herculean task— nearly all of whom work for our local or state governments. These are police officers, public safety professionals, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, the State Police, and on and on. Many of the men and women in law enforcement who are helping to search for Hannah are COMPLETELY volunteering their time, by the way. These are some incredibly good people, public servants and heroes all.
we WILL find her. we WILL bring her home. don't give up hope. it is too precious.
have a great night, and y'all be good to each other.
Coy

Is this the taxi van?  You can see a little more of it in the video at the link.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26669644/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered

In April 2010, UVA student Meredith Gilmore was trying to get a ride to the Foxfield Races, but all of the Yellow Cab taxis were taken. She says Matthew pulled up to the UVA Chapel, where her group of friends was waiting, introduced himself as LJ and offered them a ride at a flat rate.

"I think looking back on the situation, what scares me the most is that we were so ready to trust someone without thinking twice about his credentials as a taxi driver or was he actually on duty at the time, that we got in the car just because he was jovial and was friendly and had that demeanor and we needed a ride somewhere just like Morgan, just like Hannah,” Gilmore said.

Gilmore also added that she remembers Matthew giving all the people in the car his number in case they ever needed a ride.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #879 on: October 10, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »

Texasmom... That does look like a van (the door behind the girl on the right) and it looks like a taxi van because of the orange light that's above the windshield (very left of photo)

Another report that it was a van that he was driving:

Jesse Matthew Was Working as a Cab Driver the Night Morgan Harrington Went Missing
10/10/14 @9:53am

<snip>
Carter offered more details about Matthew, revealing to The Roanoke Times that the man charged in Graham's disappearance had been driving a van cab for Access Taxi in 2009.
<snip>

http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/2014/10/10/jesse-matthew-connection-to-morgan-harrington-hannah-graham/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.