April 26, 2024, 04:44:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq War Army Veteran Erica Odom 27, Missing since 9/13/14 SAFE!  (Read 1980 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 17, 2014, 05:01:01 PM »

http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Equusearch-assisting-in-search-for-missing-Iraq-5761677.php
Equusearch assisting in search for missing Iraq War vet
By Craig Hlavaty | September 17, 2014 | Updated: September 17, 2014 11:37am

Erica Odom, 27, has been missing since the early morning hours of Sept. 13, according to officials and family. She was last seen at a hotel in the 17700 block of the Southwest Freeway where she was living with her boyfriend.

The Houston-based Texas Equusearch group is assisting in the search of a missing U.S. Army veteran.

Erica Odom, 27, has been missing since the early morning hours of Sept. 13, according to officials and family. She was last seen at a hotel in the 17700 block of the Southwest Freeway where she was living with her boyfriend.

She is an Iraq War veteran who was medically-discharged due to illness.

Frank Black with Equusearch said that they will begin their search in the Humble area this afternoon near the 6600 block of Rankin Road. They are using The Lighthouse Church as a staging area for their work, Black said.

According to Black there is an interest in a wooded area and creek nearby. They are going on foot and ATVs to scour the area for signs of Odom.

Odom's family is assisting Equusearch in the operation. Black said he has learned that Odom and her boyfriend had been arguing just before she went missing.

Sheila Holder, Odom's grandmother, is at the church with Odom's extended family and others working on fliers to put out in the area.

"I received a phone call from her on Thursday night that her boyfriend had hit her, and that was the last I heard from her," says Holder. She says that they made tentative plans to meet up if things further escalated.

Joseph Hickman, her boyfriend, called Holder on Monday to say that Odom was missing, which is troubling to Holder. She says he's currently at the hotel where Odom was last seen.

Her granddaughter doesn't have a cellphone, according to Holder, so there is no way to ping for her whereabouts.

"She went to Iraq for six or eight months and they found she had ovarian cancer, along with PTSD, and she was sent home," Holder said. Since her return home and beating cancer, Holder says that Odom had some difficulties adjusting.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:03:38 PM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/texas-equusearch-looking-for-27yearold-iraq-war-veteran/28106298
Texas EquuSearch looking for 27-year-old Iraq war veteran
September 17, 2014

HOUSTON -
A Texas search and rescue organization is looking for a U.S. Army veteran in north Houston.

Texas EquuSearch said 27-year-old Erica Odom disappeared in Houston on Saturday. Volunteers began a search for her Wednesday morning near The Lighthouse Church at 6650 Rankin Road in Humble.

Odom is a veteran of the war in Iraq. She was last seen wearing a white T-shirt with black sleeves and black shorts. She has a large brown birthmark on the upper part of her left arm. She also has the name "Sheila Gayle" tattooed on her lower back.

EquuSearch says crews will be suspending their search by 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

Texas EquuSearch: Missing Iraq War veteran found at hospital
Updated On: Sep 17 2014 07:35:28 PM CDT
http://www.click2houston.com/news/texas-equusearch-looking-for-27yearold-iraq-war-veteran/28106298

HOUSTON -
A Texas search and rescue organization says they have found a missing U.S. Army veteran.

Concern was high Wednesday afternoon as a fifth day was passing without signs of 27-year-old Erica Odom, a missing Iraq War veteran, mother and cancer survivor.
snipped

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:52:53 PM »

It's good to know Erica Odom has been located.  Wishing her a good recovery and hope she receives assistance with her medical and other issues. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.