April 30, 2024, 05:26:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beverly Carter, 49, Scott Arkansas, 9/25/2014  (Read 15647 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« on: September 27, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »

Fears for missing real estate agent who disappeared two days ago after leaving to show a house to mystery buyer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2772023/Police-hunt-real-estate-agent-disappeared-house-showing-potential-buyer-two-days-ago.html

Beverly Carter, 49, was showing a home in Scott, Arkansas, on Thursday
Husband went looking for her after she didn't come home
Found door to the house wide open and her car and purse left behind
Later received unusual texts from her phone number

Police have launched a hunt for a real estate agent who disappeared while showing somebody a house.

Beverly Carter, 49, vanished from the property in Scott, near Little Rock, Arkansas, after meeting an unknown person at the address on Thursday afternoon.

She was reported missing by her husband Carl after she didn't make contact with her family for three and a half hours after the 5.30pm appointment.

When Carter went to the property to look for his wife, he found her car, a brown Cadillac, containing her pursue, outside of the house, which had a wide open door. There was no trace of her inside.

Police investigators say there was no evidence of a crime being committed. Mrs Carter is blonde, has green eyes, is 5' 2" tall and weighs around 145lbs, according to search effort descriptions.

( Snipped )

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/realtor-reported-missing-in-pulaski-county-after-s/12190/kMq81BUXmESo8Ism0cfGNg

Realtor Reported Missing in Pulaski County after Showing House

09/26/2014 09:07 AM
09/26/2014 06:06 PM

SCOTT, AR - A Pulaski County realtor has been reported missing after showing a home on Old River Dr. early Thursday evening.

Beverly Carter, 49, of Scott was reported missing by her husband when she didn't return home by after dark, according to the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office (PCSO).

Carl Carter told deputies that he had last spoken to his wife around 5:30 p.m. Thursday as she prepared to show a home to an unknown person.

According to a PCSO incident report, Mr. Carter became worried by 9 p.m. Thursday and went to the address of the home she was scheduled to show. That's where he found her vehicle parked in the driveway, her purse inside, and the door to the home open.

He searched inside the home but found nothing and then called the PCSO.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

Her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/beverly.l.carter.3
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »

Husband's OR son's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/carl.carter.39
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/web-extra-i-just-want-my-wife-back-missing-realtor/38683/_YNtHP8an0ya6eAMKzNOFA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 04:55:56 PM »

September 27, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/JBontke_KATV

#BeverlyCarter recovery fund at Centennial Bank. Routing number for online donation. pic.twitter.com/DkZXAUsWSl

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »

Seems quick for that?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »

http://www.**/news/2014/sep/27/volunteers-gather-search-missing-realtor/

Volunteers gather to search for missing Realtor

By Gavin Lesnick

This article was published today at 9:41 a.m. Updated today at 1:24 p.m

SCOTT — More than 100 volunteers gathered Saturday to begin searching by foot and all-terrain vehicle for a Realtor who disappeared after she was scheduled to show a house Thursday in Scott.

The Pulaski County sheriff's office says Beverly Carter, 49, an agent for Crye Leike Realtors in North Little Rock, told her husband by phone she was going to show someone a home at 14202 Old River Drive. When she didn't return home later that night, Carter's husband went to the house and found her sport utility vehicle parked outside with her purse in it and the door to the home open. But there was no sign of Carter.

Police spent Friday searching the area and questioning residents to see if anyone had seen anything while volunteers, including a number of real estate agents, handed out fliers with Carter's photo and descriptors

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 05:13:03 PM »

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

UPDATE: Strange texts sent from missing real estate agent's phone

3:59 p.m. CDT September 27, 2014

Her husband said he received a text from his wife around 1 a.m. Friday but that it didn't sound like her at all.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…We just want our mom back, and my wife of 35 years…I need her."

Friend and family told THV11 Friday night that they're praying and hoping Carter comes home soon and that investigators find answers.

"Beverly is very fun-loving," said Brenda Rhoads, principal broker with Crye-Leike in North Little Rock. "She's kind of like the sunshine in the office. Everybody loves Beverly, so everybody's trying to get together to see what we can do… [Realtor safety] is not something that we take lightly, and Beverly's very aware and tells people where she's going and what she's going to do. It is an important thing that we all need to think about as realtors."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »

Observation:  within the last year or so she's lost a lot of weight, looks like a different person.  Also, someone noted that the husband said they had been married 35 years, if she's 39 that would mean they have been married since she was 14?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »

Observation:  within the last year or so she's lost a lot of weight, looks like a different person.  Also, someone noted that the husband said they had been married 35 years, if she's 39 that would mean they have been married since she was 14?

I'm pretty sure she is 49. I noticed some comments on the UK Daily comment thread that made the same connection. Strange story so far.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »

Klaas - O/T

Did I see a post about a year or so ago that said billb died? Someone logged into his account and made the announcement if I remember correctly. Maybe a daughter. Then a little while back I see that billb made a comment in Natalee's thread. I saw that you put a question mark under that post.

Am I imagining all that or did it actually happen? By the way, you can delete this post after you read it.

You did not imagine it.  I'm as confused as you.  Looks like it's possible that billb decided to return, lol.   

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:44:15 PM by klaasend » Logged

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »

Rob - yes, it's a strange case.  Also, why would a professional realtor be wearing shorts to a showing?  That doesn't make sense to me. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »

Quite a transformation in 3 years, IMO.  She is looking better and better each year. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

UPDATE: Second day in search for missing real estate agent comes to end

7:45 p.m. CDT September 27, 2014

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – Police are in their second day of looking for clues in the disappearance of a central Arkansas real estate agent. More than 250 volunteers were out helping authorities search for clues Saturday.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is searching for 51-year-old Beverly Carter. She was reported missing by her husband September 25 after she was supposed to meet an unknown person at a home on Old River Road in Scott to show a house around 5:30 p.m. After three and half hours of no contact, her husband went to the home and found his wife's car with her purse and wallet inside, but she was nowhere to be found, and investigators have found no trace of a crime.

Saturday's volunteers were divided into two groups -- one group searched Old River Road, where Carter's car was found, and the other group was sent to I-30 and Highway 161. Some searched by foot, others by ATV. Deputies received dozens of requests from search crews to check on items that could possibly lead to clues, but so far, no evidence has turned up.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »

Rob - yes, it's a strange case.  Also, why would a professional realtor be wearing shorts to a showing?  That doesn't make sense to me. 

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/09/28/49-year-old-beverly-carter-missing-since-92514-in-scott-arkansas/

Hey, I had to do a little double take on that one.

Beverly Carter is blonde, has green eyes, is 5′ 2″ tall and weighs around 145lbs. She was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Also, since when don't Real Estate agencies take the name, addresses, etc of those they are going to show a house to? This was not an open house, it appeared to be a scheduled one.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »

Arrest warrant issued in missing realtor case
Posted: Sep 28, 2014 7:35 PM EST Updated: Sep 28, 2014 10:43 PM EST
By Janelle Lilley, Reporter - email

http://www.katv.com/story/26648630/arrest-warrant-issued-in-missing-realtor-case

The Pulaski County District Court has issued a warrant for the arrest of Aaron Lewis. Lewis is wanted on one count of kidnapping in relation to the disappearance of Realtor Beverly Carter.

According to the Pulaski County Sheriff's office, Lewis, 33, may have kidnapped Beverly Carter, the Realtor who disappeared after meeting a potential client at a home in Scott.

Pulaski county says Lewis was a person of interest before he was involved in a Sunday afternoon car accident. Following the accident, Deputies took a picture of Lewis' facial injuries. Because of his injuries, he was taken to Baptist Health in Little Rock before the arrest warrant was issued by a Judge.

( snipped )

+++

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindBeverlyCarter

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 07:02:11 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/09/28/49-year-old-beverly-carter-missing-since-92514-in-scott-arkansas/

Hey, I had to do a little double take on that one.

Beverly Carter is blonde, has green eyes, is 5′ 2″ tall and weighs around 145lbs. She was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Also, since when don't Real Estate agencies take the name, addresses, etc of those they are going to show a house to? This was not an open house, it appeared to be a scheduled one.

BBM

When I was out apartment hunting with one of my sons, each of the complexes asked for our driver's license, which they either kept in the office or made a copy and left in the office until we returned from looking.  That said, I was driving through a smaller town in Texas and saw a house for sale and I called the realtor listed on the sign from my cell and she drove out and showed it to me.  I had given my her name and she had my cell number, but that was all.  It was in the middle of now where.  What if I had been a baddie with intent on harm?  How would she know it was really my own name I gave her?  And what if it was a stolen or throw away phone?   Maybe smaller realtor offices etc. don't have safeguards in place?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.