March 19, 2024, 01:08:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#2  (Read 499155 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

http://www.wtop.com/41/3729621/Jim-Camblos-In-defense-of-Jesse-Matthew
Jim Camblos: In defense of Jesse Matthew
October 26, 2014

WASHINGTON -- In his first substantive interview, the lawyer representing Jesse Matthew in the Hannah Graham case says the past few weeks have been "very, very challenging," yet remains hopeful his client can get a fair trial.

"The last time I checked you were innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not the court of public opinion," says Charlottesville lawyer Jim Camblos.

Camblos, the former elected commonwealth's attorney for Albemarle County, Virginia from 1992 until 2008 and assistant prosecutor in Waynesboro, Virginia until early 2014, spoke by phone with longtime Charlottesville reporter Hawes Spencer, who provided the audio to WTOP.

Jesse Matthew's name became public when Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo declared investigators believed Matthew was the last person seen with 18-year- old University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, who was last seen on the downtown mall in the early hours of Sept. 13.

Matthew is currently charged in Charlottesville with abduction with intent to defile Graham. He is also suspected - and police say linked forensically - to the 2009 disappearance of murdered Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, who was last seen after attending a concert at UVa.

On Friday, Albemarle County police released a statement that Virginia's Office of Chief Medical Examiner had determined human remains found Oct. 18 behind a home on Old Lynchburg Road belonged to Graham, who was originally from Alexandria.

Camblos says he wasn't made aware of the ME's findings until a reporter -- Spencer -- told him.

"If you're asking did anyone officially call me and tell me, nobody did," says Camblos.

Camblos said he has not informed Matthew, who is at the Albemarle- Charlottesville Regional Jail, that forensic testing determined the remains were Graham's.

"I'm sure he knows because they've got TV that's on 24-7," says Camblos. "I'm sure he knows by now."

On Oct. 21, Camblos told WTOP he would not represent Matthew in Fairfax County, where his client was indicted for three felonies - attempted capital murder, abduction with intent to defile, and object penetration - for a 2005 sexual attack of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax City.

Yet, two days later, Fairfax County prosecutor Ray Morrogh, while seeking a bench warrant, told the judge Camblos had contacted him, saying Camblos would ask the court to appoint him to represent Matthew in Fairfax County.

Camblos says he had a change of heart.

"I've known several members of the family for a number of years," says Camblos. "That's why they called me, because they have faith in me."

With his client the chief suspect in the unsolved murders of Graham and Harrington, Camblos says he wants continuity in his client's defense.

"I feel on behalf of Mr. Matthew and the family I should stay with it," says Camblos. "He shouldn't be bounced around from one attorney to another."

Asked whether he'd asked to be court-appointed to represent Matthew if he's eventually charged with the Graham or Harrington murders, Camblos says "It's a wait and see kind of thing - we have to wait and see."

Camblos is determined to provide his client with a strong defense, especially knowing Matthew is being vilified by people who have not viewed the evidence - - evidence, which could eventually be used in a capital murder trial.

"I'm certainly hopeful that the system will give him a fair trial," says Camblos.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »

http://wvtf.org/post/matthews-defender-ready-his-closeup
Is Matthew's Defender Ready For His Closeup?
October 26, 2014
By Hawes Spencer

The lawyer representing Virginia's most embattled criminal suspect has a long track record, primarily on the prosecution side of the courtroom.

Is Jim Camblos the right lawyer for the man charged in the case of Hannah Graham, the 18-year-old University of Virginia student whose remains were publicly identified Friday afternoon?
Back in 2007, When seeking reelection as Albemarle County's top prosecutor, Jim Camblos posed with a coffee cup that read, "Reduce defense spending– plead guilty." Now, Camblos finds himself on the opposite side of the justice system, as he makes plans to defend Jesse L. Matthew Jr.

"I've known several members of the family for a number of years. That's why they called me, because they have faith in me."

Camblos is no stranger to controversial issues. Seven years ago, as the Albemarle Commonwealth's Attorney, he pursued charges against four teens accused of plotting a school attack, a case where journalists and even parents found themselves threatened with contempt for mentioning the matter.

"Having to use him as a defense attorney I wouldn't want him because all the things that were effective for him were intimidation and scaring, scare tactics," says Howard Barnett, whose son challenged those charges and won a jury acquittal in 2006, the year before voters unseated Camblos after 16 years in office.

Undeterred, Camblos, whose father was a Charlottesville prosecutor, went right back to prosecuting in the nearby city of Waynesboro. Earlier this year, in what he says he envisioned as "semi-retirement," he opened a one-man law practice across the square from his old office in the Albemarle courthouse.

Camblos contends that Matthew faces uphill battles due to extensive media coverage including speculation about whether charges could be filed in the five-years-ago death of Morgan Harrington.

"The last time I checked you were innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, not in the court of public opinion."

Charlottesville legal analyst Scott Goodman suggests that-- at least in Fairfax, where Matthew was recently indicted for rape and attempted murder in a 2005 case-- bad publicity may be the least of Matthew's worries.

"The witnesses, the victim's description of what took place, those people that had contact with her that night, those people at the hospital that dealt with her and treated her as well as the forensic link. Surely, DNA evidence that links Mr. Matthew to that attack to the exclusion of anybody else. Not just that Mr. Matthew might have done it but that he's the only person on earth who could have done it. That's what DNA does, and so I'm sure that's the Commonwealth Attorney in Fairfax has. That's what makes that a very, very strong case."

Camblos says that after first telling a Washington-area reporter he wouldn't handle the Fairfax case, he changed course after listening to a talk on faith.

"He shouldn't be bounced around from one attorney to another, which is why I have requested of the courts in Fairfax that I be appointed to represent him up there."

Camblos says he met with Matthew at the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail earlier on Friday, the day that positive identification was made on Graham's remains. The lawyer says he wants the public to know that Matthew's family, the Carrs, are hard-working, devout, and saddened by the deaths of Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham.

Clickable 3:37 Audio

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »

http://wvtf.org/post/insanity-bid-experts-see-bleak-options-matthew
Insanity Bid? Experts See Bleak Options for Matthew
October 29, 2014
By Hawes Spencer

Experts suggest that Jesse L. Matthew Jr., the man authorities link to the Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington cases, stands no chance of bail and little chance of a life outside of prison-- even if he attempts an insanity defense.
This Friday's video arraignment in Fairfax will consist mainly of advising the 32-year-old Charlottesville man of his right to counsel as well formally informing him of his recent indictment for a 2005 rape, abduction, and attempted murder. What Jesse Matthew won't get is a bail hearing.

"This defendant's chance of getting a bail anywhere is nothing, it's zero."

That's Scott Goodman, a veteran Charlottesville defense attorney, who points out that Matthew -- now jailed in Charlottesville-- gave up any chance for bail when he recently fled to Texas. Goodman utters a similarly dire prediction about the outcome of the case.

"I believe his chance of freedom is very small, given the severity of the charges in Fairfax, the fact that all three of them carry a maximum life sentence. It seems like to me that based on what we know about the evidence that the rape case is extremely strong and his chance of being convicted is very high."

Matthew's attorney, former Albemarle prosecutor Jim Camblos, declines to lay out a defense strategy, but his expected Friday court-appointment makes some wonder if a psychiatric evaluation could be conducted.

"They could certainly try for that, and what it would require would be that his attorney would ask the court to appoint an expert, someone such as myself, to evaluate him on his mental status at the time of the offense."

That's Jeffrey Fracher, a clinical and forensic psychologist, who notes that Virginia courts typically consider insanity defenses only from the sickest offenders, such as 27-year-old Rashad Riddick, who killed three relatives in Madison County. Reportedly suffering from hallucinations and schizophrenia, Riddick pummeled his own lawyer during one hearing.

"The bar for being found not guilty by reason of insanity is a very high bar in Virginia."

Noting that police have announced forensic links among the Fairfax rape as well as the deaths of Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham, Fracher sounds a grim note-- whoever the perpetrator turns out to be.

“If you can link this many offenses, then you begin to worry about the possibility of a sexual sadist, a sexual murderer."

Such descriptions seems out of character for Matthew, whom  person friends routinely describe as a "gentle giant," an amiable young man whose image adorned "We love L.J." t-shirts back at Monticello High School among the class of 2000. If the concept of insanity helps bridge that disconnect, it may not win real freedom for a defendant.

"He gets to spend the rest of his life in Central State Hospital which is a bit better than better than spending the rest of his life in a supermax prison in Virginia, but it's certainly nowhere any of us would probably want to spend the rest of our life."

2:34 video clip

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »

October 26, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm

Matt Talhelm retweeted
 Cavalier Daily Photo @CavDailyPhoto  ·  Oct 26
Photo: The Hannah Graham Memorial at the Whispering Wall this evening

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »

Thought this was an interesting read.......

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/30/victim-in-fairfax-rape-could-testify-against-hannah-graham-suspect-jesse-matthew/

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »

The entire article is a good read.

Suspect charged in Hannah Graham case to appear in court
POSTED 1:14 PM, OCTOBER 30, 2014

The man charged with abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham — whose body was later found on an abandoned farm — is scheduled to face a judge Friday in a separate case in Fairfax, Virginia.

Jesse Matthew will appear for the brief procedural hearing via video from the jail where he’s being held in Charlottesville, Virginia, officials say. In that separate case — in which a young woman was sexually assaulted — Matthew faces charges of abduction, sexual assault, and attempted capital murder.

He may also face more serious counts beyond the abduction charge in the Graham case, in light of the discovery of the 18-year-old’s body October 18.

But analysts say he may be tried first in Fairfax, because authorities there have had more time to build their case, and they have both DNA evidence as well as a potential eyewitness.

<snipped>

http://fox4kc.com/2014/10/30/suspect-charged-in-hannah-graham-case-to-appear-in-court/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2014, 06:28:44 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2014, 09:11:23 AM »

Good Morning folks:

Waiting for some justice, for Hannah, her family, Morgan & her family and all the other countless victims.

Thank God for this brave woman who will be returning in two weeks.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27169642/fairfax-judge-appoints-counsel-for-jesse-matthew-sets-motions-hearing-date

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2014, 10:11:56 AM »

Good Morning folks:

Waiting for some justice, for Hannah, her family, Morgan & her family and all the other countless victims.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27169642/fairfax-judge-appoints-counsel-for-jesse-matthew-sets-motions-hearing-date

I will second that Sleeks

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2014, 10:41:40 AM »

Good Morning folks:

snipped from above link

Fairfax Judge Appoints Counsel for Jesse Matthew, Sets Motions Hearing Date
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 6:18 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 31, 2014 10:33 AM EDT
Prosecutors say Matthew attacked a woman on September 24, 2005 as she was walking home from a Giant Food Store. Investigators on the case say Matthew grabbed the victim from behind along Rock Garden Drive, carried her near a pool, and sexually assaulted her. It happened about 10 p.m. that night. The victim in the case was 26-year-old at the time.

map and area, only pool close by on the rock garden dr
https://www.google.com/maps/place/11151+Rock+Garden+Dr,+Fairfax,+VA+22030/@38.8604257,-77.3302938,3a,62.5y,280.55h,83.63t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1saVUO_fbqExhNwOOTEcI5eQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b64edf221db12f:0xaa7e98bf7911571

https://goo.gl/maps/J3npn

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »

Attorney wants UVa abduction suspect Jesse Matthew evaluated
Posted: Oct 31, 2014 6:02 AM PDT
Updated: Oct 31, 2014 9:52 AM PDT

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) -- An attorney for the man accused of kidnapping University of Virginia student Hannah Graham is asking that his client undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Attorney James Camblos made the request Friday at an arraignment for Jesse Matthew in Fairfax County Circuit Court, where Matthew's charged in an unrelated sexual assault from nearly a decade ago.

Matthew was indicted earlier this month on charges including attempted capital murder in connection with a September 2005 sexual assault on a 26-year-old woman who was walking home from the supermarket in Fairfax.

Authorities have said the assault was linked by DNA to the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington. Fairfax authorities charged Matthew shortly after authorities linked the Harrington case to Graham's abduction.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/27174144/jesse-matthew-to-appear-in-court-via-video-link

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2014, 01:15:48 PM »

Jesse Matthew arraigned in 2005 sex assault case via video in Fairfax court
October 31 at 10:38 AM

The man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham could soon face a trial in Fairfax County on separate charges that he sexually assaulted and tried to kill a woman in 2005.

Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, was arraigned in the case Friday in Fairfax County Circuit Court, making his appearance in a striped jumpsuit via videoconference from a Charlottesville area jail where he is being held. He did not enter a plea.

Chief Judge Dennis J. Smith said he wanted the trial to go forward “relatively soon” because the case had gone unresolved for so long ,and Matthew’s attorney indicated he wanted a mental health evaluation of his client.

<snipped>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/jesse-matthew-to-make-first-appearance-in-fairfax-court-in-sex-assault-case/2014/10/30/c092d54e-606a-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »

Victim in Fairfax rape could testify against Hannah Graham suspect Jesse Matthew
OCTOBER 30, 2014

<snipped>

In the Fairfax case, authorities say that on September 24, 2005, a young woman returning from a grocery store was grabbed from behind by an assailant and sexually assaulted.

“The offender was scared away by a passerby,” the FBI said in a statement, “but the victim got a good look at him.”

The victim helped authorities draw up a composite sketch, and now she could potentially be called as a witness at trial.

“I’d rather not say where she is, but she is cooperative,” Fairfax County Prosecutor Ray Morrogh said last week.

<snipped>

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/30/victim-in-fairfax-rape-could-testify-against-hannah-graham-suspect-jesse-matthew/

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »

(From Yesterday)
October 31, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HawesSpencer

Hawes Spencer @HawesSpencer  ·  7h 7 hours ago
Strong follow-up to my @WVTFRADIOIQ story exploring insanity defense by @AugensteinWTOP: http://goo.gl/Ky0sel

Hawes Spencer @HawesSpencer  ·  Oct 31
Watchable. @AugensteinWTOP Raw video of #JesseMatthew arraignment http://bit.ly/1wNbGVC  #HannahGraham #MorganHarrington

Wide view. @AugensteinWTOP #JesseMatthew & Camblos appear by video before Ffx Co Circuit Co judge Dennis Smith http://bit.ly/1wNbGVC

Interesting pic. @AugensteinWTOP Atty Jim Camblos and #JesseMatthew in video arraignment.   

Insanity defense #HannahGraham suspect #JesseMatthew  http://wvtf.org/post/insanity-bid-experts-see-bleak-options-matthew

Hawes Spencer retweeted
 Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  Oct 31
Judge has appointed joint counsel for #JesseMatthew in 2005 Ffx rape. Public defender will be lead, with Jim Camblos in 2nd seat

Hawes Spencer retweeted
Judge Dennis Smith said Jim Camblos can take lead in trial, but during pretrial public defenders are lead counsel

Hawes Spencer retweeted
#JesseMatthew asked Ffx Co judge to appoint Jim Camblos, saying "we've built a relationship with cases down in Charlottesville"

Hawes Spencer retweeted
Ray Morrogh says victim in 2005 rape is "absolutely" open to testifying against #JesseMatthew. She is no longer in the country.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2014, 06:18:06 PM »

(Yesterday)
October 31, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP

Contrary to reports, #JesseMatthew's lawyer hasn't filed motion for evaluation yet. He gave to prosecutor, not clerk, which angered judge.

In #JesseMatthew's arraignment, public defender Todd Petit said Dawn Butorac and Robert Frank would be repping him, w Jim Camblos assisting

#JesseMatthew, atty Jim Camblos appear by video before Ffx Co Circuit Co judge Dennis Smith http://bit.ly/1wNbGVC 

Raw video of #JesseMatthew arraignment http://bit.ly/1wNbGVC  #HannahGraham #MorganHarrington

#Jesse Matthew barely moved as judge read indictment for attempted capital murder, abduction, object penetration

Co-counsel Jim Camblos and #JesseMatthew during video arraignment for 2005 rape in Ffx Co

Atty Jim Camblos and #JesseMatthew in video arraignment.

After, Ray Morrogh was asked to elaborate on connections btwn Ffx and CVille/Albemarle cases -- he declined #HannahGraham #MorganHarrington

Judge asked Jim Camblos if there was a connection btwn 2005 Ffx case and Charlottesville cases. Camblos said there was, w-o elaborating.

#JesseMatthew was arraigned for 2005 Ffx rape, but not asked for plea. Judge appointed public defender, with Jim Camblos as co-counsel.

#JesseMatthew showed no emotion as charges for 2005 Fairfax rape were read. He was motionless.

During arraignment #JesseMatthew was not asked to enter a plea for 2005 Ffx rape case.

Judge Dennis Smith: "Mr Camblos, let me tell you how we do business here," and said motion for evaluation will be handled in time.

When Jim Camblos mentioned motion to have #JesseMatthew evaluated for insanity at time of offense was with prosecutor he was scolded (1/2)

Atty Jim Camblos says he's "developed a very good relationship with Mr Matthew" and had "great reluctance" to co-counsel, judge disagreed

Ffx Co prosecutor Ray Morrogh echoes judges hope of prosecuting #JesseMatthew for 2005 rape within 6 months.

Ray Morrogh says victim in 2005 rape is "absolutely" open to testifying against #JesseMatthew. She is no longer in the country.

Jim Camblos grimaced but said nothing as judge appointed co-counsel

Judge Dennis Smith said Jim Camblos can take lead in trial, but during pretrial public defenders are lead counsel

#JesseMatthew asked Ffx Co judge to appoint Jim Camblos, saying "we've built a relationship with cases down in Charlottesville"

Judge has appointed joint counsel for #JesseMatthew in 2005 Ffx rape. Public defender will be lead, with Jim Camblos in 2nd seat

#JesseMatthew is wearing striped jumpsuit, sitting next to bow-tied atty Jim Camblos, before video arraignment starts

Hearing hasn't started for #JesseMatthew, but he's seated next to attorney Jim Camblos in Albemarle jail #HannahGraham

Follow @JohnAaronWTOP. We'll both be in Ffx Co courtroom as #JesseMatthew is arraigned by video from Albemarle jail, at 830a. #HannahGraham

Will be in court for #JesseMatthew 8:30am arraignment for 2005 Ffx Co rap. He's also charged w kidnapping #HannahGraham.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »

(Yesterday)
October 31, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  Oct 31
CONT: Judge appoints 2 public defenders as co-counsel. Camblos: preferred to represent #JesseMatthew alone. Status hearing 2 weeks @CBS6

CONT #JesseMatthew: "I wanted to confirm Mr. Camblos to be my attorney because I have built a relationship with him." @CBS6

#JesseMatthew arraigned this am in FFX for 2005 assault. Judge expects trial soon. Atty wants mental eval. @CBS6

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2014, 11:18:23 PM »

Jesse Matthew arraigned in Fairfax on sex assault charges
October 31, 2014

The man who is a suspect in the case of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham made his first court appearance in Fairfax County by video Friday morning. Jesse Matthew faces charges related to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax County.

Matthew, in a black and white jumpsuit and with his attorney Jim Camblos sitting next to him, appeared in court at 8:30 a.m. from the Albemarle County Regional Jail where he is being held. He was indicted for attempted capital murder, abduction with intent to defile, and sexual penetration with an object for allegedly sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman almost 10 years ago.

On Friday, Judge Dennis J. Smith ruled Matthew would be represented by a public defender, and appointed attorney Jim Camblos as co-counsel. Camblos and public defender Todd Petit were fighting for the right to represent Matthew. Smith said he wanted two attorneys to help accommodate a speedy trial.

Smith said he wants to have the trial soon. He set motions day for two weeks.

Additionally, Smith would not hear a motion for evaluation of insanity for Jesse Matthew.

<snipped>

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2014/10/31/jesse-matthew-hannah-graham-suspect-court-sex-assault-fairfax-co/18230807/

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »

(Yesterday)
October 31, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP

Contrary to reports, #JesseMatthew's lawyer hasn't filed motion for evaluation yet. He gave to prosecutor, not clerk, which angered judge.

In #JesseMatthew's arraignment, public defender Todd Petit said Dawn Butorac and Robert Frank would be repping him, w Jim Camblos assisting

#JesseMatthew, atty Jim Camblos appear by video before Ffx Co Circuit Co judge Dennis Smith http://bit.ly/1wNbGVC 

Raw video of #JesseMatthew arraignment http://bit.ly/1wNbGVC  #HannahGraham #MorganHarrington

#Jesse Matthew barely moved as judge read indictment for attempted capital murder, abduction, object penetration

Co-counsel Jim Camblos and #JesseMatthew during video arraignment for 2005 rape in Ffx Co

Atty Jim Camblos and #JesseMatthew in video arraignment.

After, Ray Morrogh was asked to elaborate on connections btwn Ffx and CVille/Albemarle cases -- he declined #HannahGraham #MorganHarrington

Judge asked Jim Camblos if there was a connection btwn 2005 Ffx case and Charlottesville cases. Camblos said there was, w-o elaborating.

#JesseMatthew was arraigned for 2005 Ffx rape, but not asked for plea. Judge appointed public defender, with Jim Camblos as co-counsel.

#JesseMatthew showed no emotion as charges for 2005 Fairfax rape were read. He was motionless.

During arraignment #JesseMatthew was not asked to enter a plea for 2005 Ffx rape case.

Judge Dennis Smith: "Mr Camblos, let me tell you how we do business here," and said motion for evaluation will be handled in time.

When Jim Camblos mentioned motion to have #JesseMatthew evaluated for insanity at time of offense was with prosecutor he was scolded (1/2)

Atty Jim Camblos says he's "developed a very good relationship with Mr Matthew" and had "great reluctance" to co-counsel, judge disagreed

Ffx Co prosecutor Ray Morrogh echoes judges hope of prosecuting #JesseMatthew for 2005 rape within 6 months.

Jim Camblos grimaced but said nothing as judge appointed co-counsel

#JesseMatthew is wearing striped jumpsuit, sitting next to bow-tied atty Jim Camblos, before video arraignment starts

Hearing hasn't started for #JesseMatthew, but he's seated next to attorney Jim Camblos in Albemarle jail #HannahGraham

Follow @JohnAaronWTOP. We'll both be in Ffx Co courtroom as #JesseMatthew is arraigned by video from Albemarle jail, at 830a. #HannahGraham

Will be in court for #JesseMatthew 8:30am arraignment for 2005 Ffx Co rap. He's also charged w kidnapping #HannahGraham.

thanks for the updates Muffy   

I total hears the highlighted portions.  These are things that go bump in the night!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27184775/uva-womens-chorus-sings-a-tribute-to-hannah-graham

UVA Women's Chorus Sings a Tribute to Hannah Graham

Posted: Nov 01, 2014 8:39 PM CDT
Updated: Nov 01, 2014 9:41 PM CDT

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va (WVIR) -

Director Kae Renae Mitchell says she heard the song "Avila" several weeks ago and shared it with the chorus members, who decided to sing it at a performance Saturday night. Michell hopes the lyrics, “We will not wait for the violence to come calling", carry a message beyond just the UVA community.

"We also extend this song into all places in the world where there is no peace and where there is no safety and with hopes that this will inspire all to work towards a more peaceful world,” said Michell.

The song was originally written by the Wailin' Jenny's. Mitchell says the band was happy to have the chorus sing it and even change a few of the lyrics for tribute to Graham.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/suspect-in-u-va-case-linked-to-earlier-assault-via-dna-from-victims-fingernail/2014/11/06/e1efd010-65d9-11e4-bb14-4cfea1e742d5_story.html

Suspect in U-Va. case linked to earlier assault via DNA from victim’s fingernail

By Justin Jouvenal and T. Rees Shapiro November 6 at 2:37 PM

The man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham has been linked to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax County via DNA evidence collected from one of the victim’s fingernails, according to court records.

The Virginia Department of Forensic Science’s comparison of DNA taken from Jesse L. Matthew Jr. and the sample taken from the woman at the time of the attack concluded that there is a “1 in greater than 7.2 billion” chance the DNA might belong to another person, according to the court records. Such a scientific finding, which eliminates almost the entire world population outside of Matthew, is likely to be central to the criminal case against him.

The analysis was performed in late October, following Matthew’s indictment on several charges related to the Sept. 24, 2005 attack on a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax City, court records show.

The sample collected from the victim jibes with a description of the attack sources provided to The Washington Post. They said the woman vigorously fought her attacker and that she may have scratched his face during the encounter; they initially described the suspect as possibly having scratches. Skin cells and blood from a facial scratch can provide enough evidence for a DNA match.

Matthew, 32, of the Charlottesville area, has been charged with attempted capital murder, abduction with intent to defile and sexual penetration with an object in the case.

Authorities had previously said forensic evidence also linked the Fairfax City sexual assault to the disappearance of another college student, Morgan Harrington. Harrington disappeared after leaving a Metallica concert on the campus of the University of Virginia in October 2009. Her body was discovered months later on a farm southwest of Charlottesville.

Sources have told The Post that the cases were tied by DNA evidence.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.