March 19, 2024, 03:53:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#2  (Read 499161 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »

Interesting read imo.

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot/posts/10203221430951958

Coy Barefoot
Yesterday at 7:52am ·

BREAKING THIS MORNING. The following statement was released this morning at 607a by Albemarle County Sheriff Chip Harding, the man who pioneered the creation of Virginia's DNA Databank.

Friday. November 14, 2014

Hannah Graham – Another Unnecessary Victim

I have been advocating for several years that Virginia should expand our
DNA Databank to include all criminal convictions. Currently our databank mostly includes convicted felons. Every day we wait to expand the Virginia’s DNA Databank, we risk one of our loved ones falling victim to an attack from a violent predator that could have been prevented and a person wrongly convicted sits in prison.

New York State Governor Cuomo recently championed the initiative and it allowed his state to be the first to have an all criminal conviction databank. He pointed out that: In the 5 ½ years since petit larceny-the pettiest of crimes-has been a DNA eligible offense in N.Y. State , convicted offender samples have helped solve 965 crimes, including 51 murders, 222 sexual assaults, 177 robberies and 407 burglaries. DNA samples taken from individuals convicted of second-degree criminal trespass have been linked to 30 homicides, 110 sexual assaults and 121 burglaries, among other crimes.

On average, offenders linked to crimes in N.Y. State had three prior non-qualifying convictions before finally being convicted of an offense that required a DNA sample to be taken. My observation over my past 40 years in Virginia’s Justice System is the same. One can check the record of almost any Virginia serial predator and see the same –some examples are:

* Hannah Graham would have never met her accused abductor Jesse Matthew if his DNA had been collected when he was convicted of criminal trespass in Charlottesville in August of 2010. His DNA would have generated a “hit” at that time in the databank to the 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax. (Washington Post reports lab certificate on file in Fairfax Court) If convicted of that attack he most likely would have been in a jail cell at the time Hannah was walking on the Charlottesville Downtown mall.

* One of Charlottesville’s most notorious serial rapists in the past 30 years is Shannon Malnowski. Malnowski had a felony assault reduced to a misdemeanor in 1992 and a felony breaking and entering reduced to a trespass charge in 1994. In 1996 he raped a UVA student who was out jogging and in 1997 a 78 yr old professor’s wife in broad daylight in some bushes near the Culbreath Theater. In 2000 a student was raped on the Charlottesville High School track. Malnowski became a suspect and we obtained his DNA. It “hit” in all three cases. He was sentenced to life plus 50 years. If a DNA sample had been taken for the misdemeanors, he would have been caught after the first rape and the latter two rapes would have never occurred.

* If Nathan Washington had contributed a DNA profile when convicted of a misdemeanor in 1998, he never would have been the notorious “Charlottesville Serial Rapist” who raped at least 7 women over a 10 year period .His DNA would have “hit” from a rape in 1997 of a woman in Waynesboro. I would not have had to go into one of his victim’s homes and see blood spattered over three walls where he had beaten and raped her for hours. His 6 Charlottesville rapes would have never occurred.

* The famous “East Coast Rapist” who had 18 known victims. Half those victims would have been saved on Nov. 11, 2003 when, Aaron Thomas was convicted of a misdemeanor Assault and Battery. The 3 teenagers out on Halloween night in Dale City, VA would never have been assaulted.

I hope that all Virginian’s will consider contacting their representatives in the General Assembly and advocate for databank expansion. The time is now to allow DNA technology better protect our loved ones.

J.E. Chip Harding
Sheriff, Albemarle County, Virginia
###

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/officials-advocating-expanding-virginia-dna-data-bank-in-response-to/article_77627251-376b-5b68-934c-43a3fc2c60a6.html

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »

Laughs, Tears For U.Va. Student Hannah Graham
Posted: Nov 15, 2014 2:39 PM EST Updated: Nov 15, 2014 2:39 PM EST
http://www.wric.com/story/27394374/laughs-tears-for-uva-student-hannah-graham

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) - Laughs mixed with tears as students, friends, and family gathered to remember University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, whose disappearance two months ago prompted a massive month long search that ended in tragedy and criminal charges.

Nearly 1,000 members of the community attended a celebration of life ceremony Saturday at West Potomac High School, Graham's alma mater.

Friends shared stories of Graham's sharp, dry wit. Her parents thanked the community for its support.
<snipped>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot/posts/10203221559475171

Coy Barefoot
Yesterday at 8:35am ·

BREAKING NOW. Fairfax Court names Circuit Court Judge David S. Schell to preside in the case of Jesse Matthew beginning Monday March 9. Judge Schell was appointed in 2008 by Governor Tim Kaine.

http://judgepedia.org/David_Stanford_Schell

David Stanford Schell is a circuit court judge for the 19th Circuit in Fairfax County, Virginia.[1] He has served as a judge on the court since September 4, 2008.[2]

Education

Schell received his undergraduate degree in music education from the University of Southern Mississippi and his J.D. from the American University Washington College of Law.[3]

Career

2008-Present: Judge, 19th Circuit
1991-2008: Judge, Fairfax Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court
1979-1991: Attorney in private practice[2]

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2014, 04:49:10 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Virginia-college-student-s-cause-of-death-withheld-5901653.php
Virginia college student's cause of death withheld
November 18, 2014

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — The Virginia medical examiner's office says it is withholding the cause of death for a University of Virginia student.

The agency said Tuesday that the Charlottesville Police Department requested that 18-year-old Hannah Graham's cause or manner of death not be released yet.

The man Graham was last seen with, 32-year-old Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., is charged with abduction with intent to defile Graham. Authorities said DNA evidence linked Matthew to a 2005 sexual assault case in Fairfax. DNA evidence in the Fairfax case has been linked to the 2009 disappearance and death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/544632795681747

Parker Slaybaugh 8News

13 mins ·

BREAKING: Albemarle Co. Police say they have determined a cause of death in the Hannah Graham case. The cause of death is homicidal violence of undetermined etiology. The manner of death is homicide.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2014, 07:21:32 PM »

November 22, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/savethenextgirl

HelpSaveTheNextGirl @SaveTheNextGirl  ·  Nov 22
In Loving Memory of #HannahGraham. @hokiedokie24 will be leaving this tribute at the house where Hannah was found.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot/posts/10203275559905148

Coy Barefoot
6 mins ·
BREAKING NOW. WTOP's Neal Augenstein reports that Jesse Matthew's scheduled December 4 hearing in Charlottesville on charges of abducting Hannah Graham will be postponed until after his Fairfax rape trial.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2014, 02:52:17 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot/posts/10203181714239065?comment_id=10203181765120337&offset=50&total_comments=75

Coy Barefoot As I said on CNN last week, we must all take a moment to recognize the courage of the Fairfax victim- after having been raped and nearly beaten to death, she voluntarily subjected herself to a rape kit test: she was scraped, swabbed, poked, prodded, and her entire body photographed. It's a grueling, invasive process that can take up to 4 hours. But she did it. Too often, victims are silenced by fear and shame. But that did not happen here. And the evidence she brought forward may in fact be the evidence that convicts a serial killer.
November 6 at 2:13pm

What a courageous young lady.  Blessings to her and her support folks!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »

December 1, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  5h 5 hours ago
#JesseMatthew Thurs hearing for abducting #HannahGraham delayed to 3/26 (doc tweeted by @HenryGraff)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Hearing-Postponed-for-Suspect-in-UVa-Student-Abduction-284467181.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand
Hearing Postponed for Suspect in U.Va. Student Abduction
December 2, 2014

A preliminary hearing has been postponed for a man charged with abducting a University of Virginia student.
Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr.'s hearing was scheduled for Thursday in Charlottesville. Media outlets report that the hearing has been rescheduled for March 26.
Matthew is charged with abduction with intent to defile Hannah Graham.

Earlier this month, a hearing in Albemarle County for Matthew on a reckless driving charge was rescheduled for March 23.
Matthew also faces trial March 9 in Fairfax County on attempted capital murder and other counts stemming from a 2005 sexual assault.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »

December 5, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  13h 13 hours ago
CONT: #JesseMatthew's Grandma's obit: http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Christine-Hicks-Carr-101913767 … @CBS6

Laura French @lfrenchnews  ·  13h 13 hours ago
#JesseMatthew's Grandma, Christine Hicks Carr, has passed away. Carr's last words to @CBS6 were, "They've got the wrong person."

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »

May she Rest in Peace. I can understand her wanting to believe that the police have the wrong person. But they don't and may all his victims have justice.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot/posts/10203181714239065?comment_id=10203181765120337&offset=50&total_comments=75

Coy Barefoot As I said on CNN last week, we must all take a moment to recognize the courage of the Fairfax victim- after having been raped and nearly beaten to death, she voluntarily subjected herself to a rape kit test: she was scraped, swabbed, poked, prodded, and her entire body photographed. It's a grueling, invasive process that can take up to 4 hours. But she did it. Too often, victims are silenced by fear and shame. But that did not happen here. And the evidence she brought forward may in fact be the evidence that convicts a serial killer.
November 6 at 2:13pm

What a courageous young lady.  Blessings to her and her support folks!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »

May she Rest in Peace. I can understand her wanting to believe that the police have the wrong person. But they don't and may all his victims have justice.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »

January 8, 2015 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff retweeted
 Julie Carey @JulieCareyNBC  ·  Jan 8
More on #JesseMatthew camera in court ruling: Prosecutor told judge the victim is "really, really vehemently opposed to a camera in court"

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  Jan 8
JUST IN : cameras will not be allowed in the #JesseMatthew attempted murder case in #FairfaxCo

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 8
A Fairfax judge is set to hear arguments today about allowing cameras inside the courtroom for Jesse Matthew's trial. http://ht.ly/GZYFa

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »

January 9, 2015 Tweets
https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  23h 23 hours ago
The defense team for #JesseMatthew might not be ready in time for his Fairfax trial March 9. We will explain on @NBC29 News at 6.

Henry Graff @HenryGraff  ·  Jan 9
Full details from the #JesseMatthew hearing about his Fairfax charges when we join you live from Fairfax tonight on @NBC29 HD News at 5/6.

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 9
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports: #JesseMatthew ordered to stay at Fairfax Jail until trial in March barring any issues.

Fairfax, VA
 Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 9
JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports prosecute in #JesseMatthew Fairfax case talks to media about upcoming trial.

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 9
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports: judge denies gag order in #JesseMatthew Fairfax case.

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 9
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports: Defense DNA expert money granted for #JesseMatthew.

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 9
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports: judge approves modified discovery order for #JesseMatthew defense. Due in two weeks.

Henry Graff retweeted
 NBC29 @NBC29  ·  Jan 9
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports: #JesseMatthew father at hearing. Said "it was good to see my son."

BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports: Defense DNA expert money granted for #JesseMatthew.

JUST IN: Attorney Jim Camblos speaking with client #JesseMatthew right now at Fairfax Adult Detention Center.

Heading to Fairfax County right now for #JesseMatthew court hearing. Reports on @NBC29 News at noon/5/6.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2015, 10:11:52 AM »

Prayers for the Fairfax victim.  May she stay strong. 

If she doesn't want cameras in the court, so be it.  Hopefully the media will let her have her privacy.  Hopefully. 

She is a true warrior.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2015, 04:12:16 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/jesse-matthew-will-get-dna-expert-in-case/2015/01/09/6fa04376-983f-11e4-8005-1924ede3e54a_story.html

DNA expert will help attorneys for Jesse Matthew, suspect in Fairfax City sex assault

By Justin Jouvenal January 9 

A DNA expert will assist the defense of the man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham when he stands trial on unrelated charges in a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City.

A Fairfax County judge on Friday granted the request by attorneys for Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, but dismissed a second defense motion to place a gag order on both sides in the high-profile case. The judge also granted another motion to seal the case file.

Public Defender Dawn Butorac argued that the expert was necessary because the DNA evidence is crucial to the prosecution’s case. She said authorities had conducted 17 DNA tests on eight suspects during the investigation.

“The only piece of evidence the commonwealth has linking this defendant [to this case] is DNA scraped from underneath one fingernail of the defendant,” Butorac said in court.

After the hearing, Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh declined to comment on Butorac’s characterization of the evidence, saying it might jeopardize the defendant’s right to a fair trial.

Matthew was indicted on charges of attempted capital murder, abduction with intent to defile and object sexual penetration in the case in October. A subsequent DNA comparison between Matthew and material collected from beneath one of the victim’s fingernails concluded that there was just a “1 in greater than 7.2 billion” chance the DNA belonged to anyone besides Matthew.

The defense also argued that the case file should be sealed and a gag order placed on attorneys involved to avoid poisoning the jury pool, since the case is receiving intense media attention. The judge granted the first motion but rejected the second.

The defense motions come one day after Fairfax County Circuit Court Judge David Schell also denied a media request for cameras to be placed in the courtroom for the trial. He said state law forbids cameras in the courtroom during proceedings in sexual assault cases.

Authorities have also said that the Fairfax assault case has a forensic link to the case of college student Morgan Harrington, who disappeared and was found dead in 2009.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »

Prayers for the Fairfax victim.  May she stay strong. 

If she doesn't want cameras in the court, so be it.  Hopefully the media will let her have her privacy.  Hopefully. 

She is a true warrior.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »

Prosecutor: No link between Jesse Matthew and Alexis Murphy
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 1:14 PM EST
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (WWBT) -

Nelson County prosecutors say DNA tests show no link between the suspect in the murder of Hannah Graham and the victim in a similar murder case, Alexis Murphy, reports NBC29.

The DNA tests found no link between Jesse Matthew and the Nelson County teen, according to a post on Twitter by Henry Graff of our sister station in Charlottesville.

Randy Taylor was convicted in Murphy's death, but in September his attorney asked prosecutors to compare DNA found in her car with Jesse Matthew's profile. Murphy's body has never been found and Taylor has maintained his innocence. Prosecutors have said they didn't think there was a credible connection between Matthew and Murphy.

<snipped>
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27925130/prosecutor-no-link-between-jesse-matthew-and-alexis-murphy?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.