March 18, 2024, 11:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#2  (Read 499147 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »

Prosecutor: No link between Jesse Matthew and Alexis Murphy
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 1:14 PM EST
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (WWBT) -

Nelson County prosecutors say DNA tests show no link between the suspect in the murder of Hannah Graham and the victim in a similar murder case, Alexis Murphy, reports NBC29.

The DNA tests found no link between Jesse Matthew and the Nelson County teen, according to a post on Twitter by Henry Graff of our sister station in Charlottesville.

Randy Taylor was convicted in Murphy's death, but in September his attorney asked prosecutors to compare DNA found in her car with Jesse Matthew's profile. Murphy's body has never been found and Taylor has maintained his innocence. Prosecutors have said they didn't think there was a credible connection between Matthew and Murphy.

<snipped>
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27925130/prosecutor-no-link-between-jesse-matthew-and-alexis-murphy?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

It's been shown there is no link, but I think it was important to check it out all the same. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:55 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203772092598155&set=a.1097353909432.2015025.1094157699&type=1

Coy Barefoot
4 hrs ·

BREAKING NOW. this statement was released moments ago from Albemarle County.

The Albemarle County Police Department and the Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney will be hosting a press conference on Tuesday, February 10th at 11 am. The press conference will be in Room A of the County Office Building located at 1600 5th Street, Charlottesville, Virginia. We will be providing an update in the Jesse Matthew case. Albemarle County Police Chief, Colonel Steve Sellers and Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney, Denise Lunsford will be speaking at the press conference. We will not be answering any questions prior to the press conference.
###

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2015/02/09/sources-jesse-matthew-charged-with-first-degree-murder-of-hannah-graham/

Sources: Jesse Matthew charged with first-degree murder of Hannah Graham

POSTED 10:53 PM, FEBRUARY 9, 2015, BY ROBB CROCKER, UPDATED AT 11:22PM, FEBRUARY 9, 2015

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – An 11 a.m. press conference in Charlottesville on Tuesday will reveal that Jesse Matthew Jr. has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Hannah Graham according to CBS 6 sources.

The Albemarle County Police Department and the Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney will host the press conference with Albemarle County Police Chief Col. Steve Sellers and Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney Denise Lunsford addressing the media. The Virginia State Police will also be present at the press conference in a non-speaking capacity.

Matthew, 32, is currently charged with the abduction with intent to defile, in Graham’s disappearance. She was in her second-year at the University of Virginia.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2015, 11:26:14 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/592613990883627

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
32 mins · Edited ·

BREAKING: I have just confirmed through Law Enforcement Sources that tomorrow's press conference is to announce that Jesse Matthew has been charged with Hannah Graham's Murder.

SPREAD THIS
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2015, 08:22:57 AM »

Jesse Matthew Jr. Will Be Charged With Murder in the Death of UVA Student Hannah Graham (Albermarle County PD & Prosecutor Press Conference at 11 AM)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/02/10/jesse-matthew-jr-will-be-charged-with-murder-in-the-death-of-uva-student-hannah-graham-albermarle-county-pd-prosecutor-press-conference-at-11-am/

JESSE MATTHEWS CHARGED WITH MURDER …

According to many news outlets, Jesse Matthews Jr. will been charged with first degree murder in the death of 18 year old University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. Matthews was arrested in September 2014 and has already been charged with abduction with the intent to defile in the case of Hannah Graham. The 18 year old UVA coed went missing on 9/13/14 in in Charlottesville, Virginia. Matthew is also charged in connection to a rape case in Fairfax  and police have forensic evidence that links Matthews to the 2009 disappearance and death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

Two independent sources tell NBC29 that Jesse Matthew has been charged with the first-degree murder of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

The Albemarle County Police Department and the Commonwealth’s Attorney have scheduled a press conference to be held Tuesday morning to announce updates to the Matthew case.

One has to wonder just how many murders this SOB has committed over the years.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-jesse-matthew-charged-murder-hannah-graham-report-n303351

Suspect Jesse Matthew Charged With Murder of Hannah Graham: Report

Jesse Matthew has been charged with first-degree murder in the killing of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, two independent sources told NBC News affiliate WVIR.

Authorities in November declared Graham's death a homicide. The 18-year-old UVA student's body was found in October near Charlottesville, Virginia, where the university is based, after she'd been missing for more than a month.

Matthew, 33, was previously charged with abduction with intent to defile in connection with Graham's killing. He pleaded not guilty in November to attempted murder and two other felony charges in an unrelated 2005 sexual assault case in Fairfax County, Virginia. 

2 4 1
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »

You can watch the briefing live on NewsChannel 8 and online at news8.net at 11 AM

http://www.wjla.com/news/newschannel-8/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2015, 11:09:47 AM »

https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  16m 16 minutes ago
JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports copy of grand jury indictment for #JesseMatthew on #HannahGraham murder.
  Embedded image permalink

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports abduction with intent to defile grand jury true bill.
  Embedded image permalink

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
Jesse Matthew's first appearance on new Albemarle charges will be via video on February 18th.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  18m 18 minutes ago
Abrupt ending to the news conference and officials depart, many there without saying anything including CPD's Chief Tim Longo.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
Lunsford notes that 1st degree murder and abduction with intent to defile both carry very long prison sentences.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  20m 20 minutes ago
Lunsford declines to comment on evidence specifics because of ethical obligations.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  20m 20 minutes ago
Lunsford says they're still trying to work out the order of prosecutions between the NOVA rape charges and these new ones.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
Lunsford says it's an Albemarle County murder case because Hannah Graham's body was found there.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  22m 22 minutes ago
Lunsford underlines the efforts of "Team Hannah" as police agencies worked together to build their case against Matthew. Thanks all involved

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
Lunsford says this is not the appropriate time to charge Matthew with anything related to the Harrington case.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  24m 24 minutes ago
Lunsford says she has spoken with the Graham family about this but will not comment on her conversation with them. Asks for privacy for them

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  25m 25 minutes ago
Lunsford says most questions will remain unanswered until the case against Matthew goes to trial. Notes this is a 1st degree not cap murder.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  26m 26 minutes ago
Lunsford says the difficult process will continue past this point towards justice.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  26m 26 minutes ago
Albemarle Commonwealth's Attorney Denise Lunsford says Matthew has been indicted for the abduction and 1st degree murder of Hannah Graham.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  27m 27 minutes ago
Sellers says Jesse Matthew has been served with four indictments.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  28m 28 minutes ago
ACPD Col Steve Sellers thanks community for search and investigation into the Hannah Graham case.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  34m 34 minutes ago
Standing by for news conference on latest Jesse Matthew update. Watch it live on NBC29 and streaming on http://NBC29.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: February 10, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10/murder-charges-reportedly-filed-against-jesse-matthew-in-hannah-graham-case

Jesse Matthew charged in Hannah Graham's murder; DA will not pursue death penalty
Published February 10, 2015

Jesse Matthew Jr., a former hospital worker, was indicted Monday on a count of first-degree murder in the abduction and killing of Hannah Graham, a University of Virginia student, who was missing for weeks before her body was discovered, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.

Albemarle County prosecutor Denise Lunsford said that the state will not seek the death penalty, and that Graham's family has been informed about the state's decision.

Lunsford declined to say why Matthew was not charged with the higher count of capital murder. The abduction and first-degree murder charges are punishable by up to life in prison. Matthew, 33, was already charged with abduction with intent to defile the 18-year-old.

Police have said forensic evidence also links Matthew to the 2009 disappearance and death of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, whose body also was found in the county. Lunsford said "there are no pending charges" against Matthew in the Harrington case.

"The simple fact is the case involving Hannah Graham was ready to be charged first," she said.

After police named Matthew a person of interest in Graham's disappearance, he fled and was later apprehended on a beach in Texas. He was charged with abduction with intent to defile, a felony that empowered police to swab his cheek for a DNA sample. That sample connected Matthew to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax County, according to authorities. He has pleaded not guilty in that case.

The DNA evidence in the Fairfax sexual assault, in turn, linked Matthew to the Harrington case.

Matthew previously had been accused of raping students at Liberty University and Christopher Newport University in 2002 an  2003. Matthew had played football at both schools. The cases were dropped after the women declined to press charges.

Matthew's first court appearance on the newest charges in the Harrington case is scheduled for Feb. 18, Lunsford said. He will appear by video link from Fairfax County, where he is in jail awaiting trial in the 2005 rape case.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2015, 01:10:50 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/june-trial-set-for-man-charged-in-hannah-graham-death/article_5ae23d39-326b-5b0f-9089-ca64dbdb4117.html

June trial set for Jesse Matthew Jr., man charged in Hannah Graham death
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. will stand trial early this summer on charges he abducted and murdered University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

The three-week jury trial is scheduled for June 29 through July 17. A hearing for a pretrial motion was also scheduled for March 4. Matthew’s attorney requested to not have a jury, but was overruled by the state.

Matthew, 33, of Albemarle, was indicted on charges of first-degree murder, abduction with the intent to defile and reckless driving earlier this month.

He appeared in Albemarle County Circuit Court on Wednesday by video link from Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. Jim Camblos, who is representing Matthew in Fairfax on unrelated sexual assault charges and, until recently, in Charlottesville on a since-dropped abduction charge, was appointed as Matthew’s attorney. Judge Cheryl Higgins also appointed the public defender’s office as co-counsel. Deputy public defender Liz Murtagh was in court with Camblos.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:24 AM »

Jesse Matthew Appears In Court By Video Tuesday
By Ilya Grossman Published: February 18, 2015, 7:05 pm Updated: February 18, 2015, 7:07 pm
http://wric.com/2015/02/18/jesse-matthew-appears-in-court-by-video/

Jesse Matthew appeared in court via video Tuesday, appearing relaxed. He didn’t say much but did ask that Jim Camblos, the man that has been representing him, continue to be his defense attorney. We also got an indication that we could see a lot of evidence in this trial as the Commonwealth’s Attorney says it will take them two weeks to present their case. The trial is scheduled for 3 weeks.

While the hearing only lasted a few minutes but Matthew will face a lengthy trial for the abduction and murder of Hannah Graham. His case is scheduled to be argued in front of a jury, at the request of the commonwealth, starting June 29th. At Tuesday’s hearing the Commonwealth’s Attorney said she plans on flying some witnesses in to testify and also said she hopes to have subpoenas sealed in order to protect potential witnesses from the media.
<snipped>

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »

RIP sweet Hannah, angel up above. an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2015, 11:59:53 PM »

http://1061thecorner.com/news/064460-19th-anniversary-of-hannaha-grahams-birth/

Hannah Graham Would Have Turned 19 Today

Wednesday would have been the 19th birthday of Hannah Graham. The University of Virginia student was born February 25th, 1996 in England.

Her remains were found last October in Albemarle County. 33-year-old Jesse Matthew has been charged with first-degree murder and abduction in connection with her death. He’s facing those charges in Albemarle in addition to being accused of raping a woman in Fairfax County almost ten years ago.

- See more at: http://1061thecorner.com/news/064460-19th-anniversary-of-hannaha-grahams-birth/#sthash.Y2gfBxZ8.dpuf

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:29 PM »

http://wric.com/2015/03/03/jesse-matthews-lawyers-ask-for-delay-in-trial/
Jesse Matthew’s Lawyers Ask For Delay In Trial
By Associated Press Published: March 3, 2015, 10:57 am
Attorneys for Jesse Matthew, the man charged with abducting and killing a University of Virginia student are asking a judge to delay his trial.

Matthew’s lawyers filed a motion for a continuance Monday. They also asked the state to provide a DNA expert.

Albemarle County Circuit Judge Cheryl Higgins is expected to consider the requests at a hearing Wednesday.
<snipped>

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2015, 06:58:07 AM »

This family has suffered long enough, as have the victims and the families of the other victims.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/06/new-evidence-leads-to-capital-murder-charge-in-u-va-case/21180204/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D758254383

Matthews headed back to court as charges are being upgraded to capital murder.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2015, 07:41:03 AM »

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/05/jesse-matthew-trial-date-hearing-capitol-murder/
Jesse Matthew Jr. to face capital murder charge in U.Va student Hannah Graham’s death
Posted May 5, 2015, Updated May 6, 2015

Matthew was brought into the courtroom around 5 p.m. Monday, and the court informed everyone that Matthew had been served an indictment earlier that day. He now faces capital murder under first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile.

With the upgraded charge, Matthew is now entitled to two capital certified attorneys. There is also an automatic appeal for capital murder cases, said WTVR CBS 6 legal analyst Todd Stone.

Capital defender Doug Ramseur from Richmond will lead the case.  Michael Hemenway from Charlottesville and unidentified counsel from Norfolk will also be part of the team.

Graham’s parents were in the courtroom, along with Gil Harrington, whose daughter Morgan was killed in 2009. Gil Harrington said she believe Matthew was responsible for Morgan’s death. A warrant reveals a DNA connection between Matthew and Morgan Harrington, but no charges have been filed against Matthew in  Harrington’s disappearance.

The judge denied Matthew’s request to keep his public defender Jim Camblos, as a fourth member of counsel.

“I am not on the team anymore. I have nothing to say,” Camblos said outside of court.

Camblos remained co-counsel in Matthew’s Fairfax attempted capital murder and sexual assault trial. That is scheduled to begin June 8.

WTVR CBS 6 reporter Laura French said that Matthew entered the courtroom and made direct eye contact with Graham’s parents, and with Harrington.

Harrington, as well as John and Susan Graham, had a front row seat at Tuesday’s hearing to face the man they believe killed their daughters.

“I’ll be satisfied if this particular predator never is able to hurt anyone again that was always my intent to save the next girl. Unfortunately, we couldn’t save Hannah Graham,” said Harrington.

Matthew’s mother, father, uncle and girlfriend were all present at Tuesday’s hearing and left the courtroom with no comment.

In March, Matthew’s July trial date was pushed back after a judge granted his defense attorneys’ motion to hire their own forensics experts. Matthew’s defense said their experts would need time to challenge DNA evidence the prosecution intended to enter at trial.

If Matthew enters a plea for first-degree murder he would not be eligible for appeal, said Stone.

Matthew will return to court at 1 p.m. on June 25.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »

Judge continues hearing in Jesse Matthew case
By Justin Jouvenal May 22 at 4:42 PM

A judge will decide shortly before a high-profile trial whether the victim in a 2005 Fairfax County sexual assault will have the opportunity to attempt to identify her attacker in open court.

Circuit Court Judge David S. Schell on Friday continued a motion by attorneys for Jesse L. Matthew Jr. to suppress the identification during the trial, which is slated to begin June 8. Schell said he will now tentatively take up the issue June 4.

Defense attorneys moved to suppress the identification, saying the victim only offered a vague description of the attacker at the time. They argued if she is able to identify Matthew now it is because his image has been widely distributed because of media coverage of the Graham case.

The victim, who is from India, will be available to testify during the June 4 hearing. Matthew has been linked to the crime via DNA evidence found beneath the victim’s fingernail.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/judge-continues-hearing-in-jesse-matthew-case/2015/05/22/ede51136-00b7-11e5-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/jesse-matthew-lawyers-seek-ban-media-pretrial-hearing-31496700

Jesse Matthew Lawyers Seek to Ban Media at Pretrial Hearing

FAIRFAX, Va. — Jun 3, 2015, 12:32 PM ET
 Associated Press

A victim in a 2005 sexual assault is expected to testify at a pretrial hearing Thursday in Fairfax.

Thursday's hearing is to determine whether the victim can reliably identify Matthew as her attacker. Matthew's lawyers believe her recollection of the decade-old attack has been corrupted by pretrial publicity that has frequently shown Matthew's photo.

In a motion filed this week, Matthew's lawyers requested to ban reporters from Thursday's hearing, saying press coverage just days before his scheduled jury trial will taint the juror pool.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »

Praying for strength for her tomorrow.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.