March 28, 2024, 10:34:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UVA Coed Hannah Elizabeth Graham Missing 9/13/14 in Charlottesville, VA#2  (Read 499861 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »

October 23, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/NBC29

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
UPDATE: @HenryGraff reports: police at Old Lynchburg Rd. crime scene say they've been told the area will likely open up this afternoon.

NBC29 @NBC29  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Fairfax Co. prosecutors are trying to get #JesseMatthew back to Northern Virginia. We'll explain why. Watch us live: http://ht.ly/DgF7q

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »

There is DNA connecting Jesse Matthew to Hannah Graham, Morgan Harrington and the Fairfax rape victim.  Why do some suspect that Matthew may have been involved in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy?

Janet

+++++

The 5 things people get wrong about Alexis Murphy and Jesse Matthew
October 23, 2014

<snipped?

Here are the five things people keep forgetting:

1. Taylor attempted to implicate another man, saying that man was with Murphy when she left Taylor’s camper. That man was cleared by police. We will not name him because he is not a suspect, but his name is not Jesse Matthew.

2. That man had cornrows, and allegedly sold Alexis Murphy marijuana. Repeat, he distinctly had cornrows, not dreadlocks as Matthew has. Again, that man was questioned by police, and found innocent.

3. That man drove a “burgundy Caprice with 22-inch wheels,” not a burnt orange Chrysler Coupe like Jesse Matthew drove.

4. The surveillance video from Liberty Gas Station the night Alexis Murphy disappeared shows her walking behind the back of an object some say looks like Jesse Matthew’s vehicle. It isn’t.

“FBI and Virginia State Police have re-examined that footage in light of these concerns and are confident that the orange object is not a vehicle, but a portion of a sign hanging from the window,” said Martin.

5.  People are forgetting the list of evidence against Taylor includes a bloody t-shirt found in his camper with Murphy’s DNA, eyelashes and ripped out extensions, her smashed cellphone found on his property and video of the two speaking at Liberty gas station the night she disappeared. That’s a lot of evidence, and wound up being enough for a murder charge.

The Murphy family has gone on record stating that they do not believe Matthew was involved in the disappearance and death of Alexis. Essentially, law enforcement is thoroughly checking all their bases. In addition to Taylor’s DNA, other unknown DNA was found inside Murphy’s vehicle. That evidence will be checked against Matthew’s DNA.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/23/the-5-things-people-get-wrong-about-alexis-murphy-and-jesse-matthew/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local/crime/harrington-s-t-shirt-could-be-key-connection-to-jesse/article_7b30be00-5e93-538a-8a43-071f9a677254.html
Harrington's T-shirt could be key connection to Jesse L. Matthew
October 23, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52:12 AM »

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2014/10/23/jesse-matthew-jr-to-come-to-fairfax-for-attempted-murder-sex-assault-trial/17767913/
UVa. suspect Jesse Matthew may come to Fairfax Co. for trial
October 23, 2014

FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA9) -- The man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham may come to Fairfax next week to face charges for a crime that happened there in 2005.

Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh tells WUSA9's Peggy Fox that authorities are trying to bring Jesse Matthew Jr. to Fairfax next week to face attempted murder, abduction and sex assault charges.
Thursday, a judge issued a bench warrant to make that possible. No court date has been set yet for Matthew in Fairfax County.

Forensic evidence links Jesse Matthew to the 2009 disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington in Charlottesville, which had previously been linked to the Fairfax rape, officials said. The death penalty is not available on the Fairfax charges because the victim is still alive.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »

I had speculated that maybe Jesse Matthew had provided the location of Hannah Graham's remains in a plea deal with investigators.  However ... according to the Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department sergeant in the following interview there was no plea deal.

Janet

+++++

Hannah Graham searcher says ‘God wanted’ them to find what they found
OCTOBER 18, 2014

The Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department sergeant who discovered human remains while searching for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham said he believed God wanted them to find what they found. Sgt. Dale Terry said his five-person team had finished their search mission near Walnut Creek Park around noon Saturday when something came over him to check nearby properties.

“I don’t know how else to explain it,” he said. “Something inside me just told me to continue to look.”

<snipped>

Video:
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/searcher-who-found-hannah-graham-remains-says-god-wanted-them-to-find-what-they-found/

If  Sergeant Dale Terry is to be believed ... it reasons that the tip had nothing to do do with searchers locating Hannah Graham's remains.

Janet

+++++

Man calls Hannah Graham tip line after sighting ’20-30 buzzards’
October 24, 2014

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/man-calls-hannah-graham-tip-line-after-sighting-20-30-buzzards/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »

please excuse if this is a re-post

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26883590/hannah-grahams-parents-visit-old-lynchburg-road-crime-scene

gut-wrenching

I remember you, Caylee.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/Parker8News

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 7m7 minutes ago

BREAKING: Human remains found in Albemarle County positively identified as UVA student Hannah Graham.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/t-shirt-could-be-the-link-between-hannah-graham-fairfax/article_586125fc-5b29-11e4-ae29-0017a43b2370.html

T-shirt could be the link between Hannah Graham, Fairfax cases and Morgan Harrington

Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:56 pm

The suspect in Hannah Graham’s disappearance could face trial in Fairfax County on separate charges before facing a judge in Charlottesville.

And a T-shirt found five years ago could link both cases to the death of Morgan Harrington, the Virginia Tech student who disappeared in 2009.

A Fairfax County judge issued a warrant Thursday morning ordering Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, to appear in Fairfax on charges of attempted murder, abduction and sexual assault in a 2005 case. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »

BREAKING: Human remains found in Albemarle County positively identified as UVA student Hannah Graham.

Here's the confirmation we've been waiting for.  Thank you Klaas.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »

October 24, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/AlbemarleCoPD

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
We remain committed to this investigation and will work to ensure that justice is served.

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  9m 9 minutes ago
We are asking to hear from people who live along Old Lynchburg Rd or have any information. CPD tip line remains open at 434-295-3851

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  11m 11 minutes ago
We continue to work with our local, state and federal partners, specifically CPD, Fairfax City PD and VSP.

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  13m 13 minutes ago
Our focus is on the investigation and therefore, we will not be answering questions regarding the case or investigation.

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  14m 14 minutes ago
We ask for your cooperation as we move forward with the investigation. Detectives have been working to process the scene & preserve evidence

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  15m 15 minutes ago
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Graham family & Hannah’s friends during this incredibly difficult time.  Please respect their privacy

AlbemarleCoPolice @AlbemarleCoPD  ·  16m 16 minutes ago
The ME’s Office has confirmed that the remains discovered in Albemarle Co. on October 18th are those of Hannah Graham, 18, of Fairfax, Va.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »

Here's the confirmation we've been waiting for.  Thank you Klaas.

Yes, just got the news pop up on my phone.  I like everyone else, have been waiting and wondering.  Sadly knowing in my heart - it is Hannah.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »

Now I am waiting to see what the additional charges are against JLM.

Morgan - Hannah, and who else? 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »

Me too Sleeks
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »

October 24, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
Statement from @AlbemarleCoPD does not include ME's findings on cause and manner of death of #HannahGraham.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  13m 13 minutes ago
Statement from parents of  #HannahGraham

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  15m 15 minutes ago
According to @AlbemarleCoPD, #HannahGraham's parents were told after ME provided positive ID.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
BREAKING: ME says remains found in Albemarle County are #HannahGraham's

Neal Augenstein retweeted
 Bruce Leshan @BruceLeshan  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Eerie first look at abandoned home where police found body in #HannahGraham case. @wusa9 #jessematthew

Cemetery right next door to abandoned home where police found body. #hannahGraham #jessematthew. @wusa9

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Clearly locals are anxious to know, but there's only one chance to be sensitive to #HannahGraham family and protect/further prosecution

.@TerryBeigie true . many aaffected but family and prosecution come first

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Many tweeting #HannahGraham feel entitled to know ME's findings first. Many reasons police hold off -- next of kin, to make case.

The scene was wrapping. If parents wanted to see, they may know what public doesn't. Thats ok

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »

Me too Sleeks

Klaasend - I am so brokenhearted for the Grahams.  Words cannot even begin to express.  Felt the same way for Morgan's parents back when. 

Great he is off the street, but my heart keeps saying - he should have been locked away 14 years ago.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

October 24, 2014 Tweets

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
Statement from @AlbemarleCoPD does not include ME's findings on cause and manner of death of #HannahGraham.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  13m 13 minutes ago
Statement from parents of  #HannahGraham

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  15m 15 minutes ago
According to @AlbemarleCoPD, #HannahGraham's parents were told after ME provided positive ID.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
BREAKING: ME says remains found in Albemarle County are #HannahGraham's

Eerie first look at abandoned home where police found body in #HannahGraham case. @wusa9 #jessematthew

Cemetery right next door to abandoned home where police found body. #hannahGraham #jessematthew. @wusa9

Clearly locals are anxious to know, but there's only one chance to be sensitive to #HannahGraham family and protect/further prosecution

.@TerryBeigie true . many aaffected but family and prosecution come first

Many tweeting #HannahGraham feel entitled to know ME's findings first. Many reasons police hold off -- next of kin, to make case.

The scene was wrapping. If parents wanted to see, they may know what public doesn't. Thats ok

In tears after reading this.  Absolute tears.  I will continue to pray for the Graham's.  Heartbroken at work.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2014, 05:13:57 PM »

October 24, 2014 Tweets

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  2m 2 minutes ago
Statement from UVA president Teresa Sullivan on death of #HannahGraham http://bit.ly/1siXAa8 

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
Release from @AlbemarleCoPD make no mention of how #HannahGraham died. LE sources say typically autopsy would take longer than ID.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  7m 7 minutes ago
Police ask to hear from people who live on Old Lynchburg Rd or might have seen suspicious behavior after #HannahGraham disappeared

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  16m 16 minutes ago
WTOP: #JesseMatthew's atty Jim Camblos had not been told earlier of ME's findings on #HannahGraham's remains, declined other comment.

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  45m 45 minutes ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham/posts/731678216902429

Help Find Hannah Graham shared Albemarle County Police Dept.'s status.
about an hour ago

On Saturday, October 18th human remains were discovered in southern Albemarle County. The remains were sent to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Richmond for examination and positive identification. The Medical Examiner’s Office has confirmed that these are the remains of Hannah Graham, 18, of Fairfax, Va.

Following the positive identification, Albemarle County Police Chief, Colonel Steve Sellers and ACPD Detective Sergeant Terry Wall notified Hannah’s parents, John and Sue Graham. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Graham family and Hannah’s friends during this incredibly difficult time. We ask that you respect their privacy.

We also ask for your cooperation as we now move forward with the death investigation. Since the discovery along Old Lynchburg Road, officers and detectives have been working around the clock to process the scene and preserve evidence. Our focus is on the investigation and therefore, we will not be answering questions regarding the case or investigation. We do ask that people continue to call in with tips or information. We are specifically asking to hear from individuals who live along Old Lynchburg Road or who might have seen suspicious behavior in the area following Hannah’s disappearance. The Charlottesville PD tip line remains open at 434-295-3851.

We continue to work with our local, state and federal partners. We are working with the Charlottesville Police Department, the Fairfax City Police Department and the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s Appomattox Field Office which is the lead agency on the Morgan Harrington investigation.

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support during this difficult time. We remain committed to this investigation and will work to ensure that justice is served.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/hannah-grahams-parents-statement-on-remains-positively-identified/

Hannah Graham’s parents: The light UVa. college student ‘radiated can never be extinguished’
POSTED 4:54 PM, OCTOBER 24, 2014, BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 05:47PM, OCTOBER 24, 2014

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. — The parents of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham released a statement after the human remains discovered at an abandoned property in Albemarle County last weekend were positively identified as their daughter.

When we first met Chief Longo he promised to find our precious daughter, Hannah, and during five long weeks his resolve to fulfill that promise never wavered. When we started this journey together we all hoped for a happier ending. Sadly that was not to be, but due to the tenacity and determination of Chief Longo, Hannah is coming home to us and we will be eternally grateful to him for this.

The search for Hannah would not have been successful were it not for the many, many people who helped, including Mark Eggeman and VDEM, local, state and federal law enforcement officers, the staff of the City of Charlottesville, and the dedicated members of numerous volunteer search and rescue groups. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We also give our heartfelt thanks to all those who took part in the community search, to the citizens of Charlottesville, and to the individuals, businesses and organizations, both local and national, who provided untold resources to help support the search for Hannah. We would also like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to those who provided support to us and to our family throughout this ordeal, including the staff and students of the University of Virginia, our friends, neighbors and work colleagues, the staff and students of West Potomac High School, Hannah’s friends, and the countless kind people who have sent us messages of support. We thank you all.

We are devastated by the loss of our beautiful daughter, Hannah. Over recent weeks Hannah has been described by those who know her as bright, witty, thoughtful, loyal and fun to be around. She was all those things and more. Put simply, Hannah lit up our lives, the lives of our family and the lives of her friends and others who knew her. Although we have lost our precious Hannah, the light she radiated can never be extinguished. We will hold it in our hearts forever and it will help sustain us as we face a painful future without her. We are so very proud of Hannah and all that she achieved. Although only 18 years old, Hannah had just started her second year at the University of Virginia when she disappeared and was excelling academically. She loved U.Va. and the City of Charlottesville, and was very happy to return there after the summer break. Hannah had intended to pursue a career in global public health, she wanted to help others, and it is heart-breaking for us that she was robbed so tragically of the opportunity to fulfill her dream.

In closing we would like to draw attention to the fact that, although the waiting has ended for us, there are other families both in Virginia and beyond who have not been as fortunate in that their loved ones are still missing. Please continue to hold these families in your thoughts and prayers.

We do not intend to make any further statements at this time, nor to comment on the ongoing criminal investigation. We ask the media to respect our privacy and that of our family as we continue to grieve. — John and Sue Graham

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »

http://news.virginia.edu/content/president-sullivan-s-statement-regarding-hannah-graham

President Sullivan’s Statement Regarding Hannah Graham

OCTOBER 24, 2014

To the University Community:

It is with tremendous sadness that I write to inform you of the confirmed death of second-year U.Va. student Hannah Graham, who had been missing since early on the morning of September 13.

Hannah showed great promise as a student and as a young woman. She brought immense energy and delight to her learning at the University, and she was a source of friendship and joy for so many people here at the University and abroad, particularly her friends on the ski team. Thomas Jefferson wanted students here to fulfill “destinies of high promise.” For Hannah’s young life to end so tragically, and for her destiny of promise to be left unfulfilled, is an affront to the sanctity of life and to the natural order of human events.

This is a sorrowful day in the life of the University, and our entire community is grieving with the Graham family. We offer our sincere condolences for their loss, and we will continue to hold them in our thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.

Teresa A. Sullivan
President

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.