March 28, 2024, 12:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nathan Long, 11 of Nashville, TN Last Seen 10/20/14 SAFE  (Read 1510 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 21, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26842168/police-searching-for-missing-11-year-old-in-north-nashville
Police searching for missing 11-year-old in north Nashville
October 21, 2014

Nathan Long, 11, was last seen at 5 p.m. Monday.

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
Metro police are searching for an 11-year-old who was last seen in north Nashville on Monday evening.

Nathan Long, who has a benign brain tumor, was last seen at 5 p.m. at the Cumberland View Apartments on 26th Avenue North.

Long got out of school at the Nashville Academy of Computer Science around 4:30 p.m., went to an after-school program and then went home with his two younger siblings.

They said he changed clothes, put his backpack on and then left the apartment, telling them he would be back soon.

His mother, Telika Harris, said she did not get home until around 7:30 p.m. and started looking for him as soon as her younger children told her he had left.

"I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was at a friend's house or something," Harris said. "So I went up there, and they hadn't seen him."

After an unsuccessful search, she called police around 12:45 a.m.

"He's 11. He hasn't been home; he has no coat on. I don't know if he's eaten. I don't know if he's all right. He has a brain tumor," Harris said. "I'm just worried about him in general and just want him to come home and be safe with us."

Long's mother said he has some motor and cognitive skill issues.

Neighbors have pitched in by posting flyers, hoping someone in the community will bring Long home.

His mother told Channel 4 that he has never left home like this before.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/21/police-seek-missing-nashville-boy/17673957/
Police seek missing 11-year-old Nashville boy
October 21, 2014

Nashville police are looking for an 11-year-old boy who has been missing since Monday night.

Nathan Long was last seen around 6 p.m. leaving around his home on 26th Avenue North in the Cumberland View public housing complex, according to Metropolitan Nashville Police. His siblings told police that he took his backpack after emptying it of school supplies.

Kris Mumford, a Metro Police spokeswoman, said Long was wearing a green and blue short-sleeve shirt, blue jean shorts and gray sneakers. His mother reported him missing at 12:45 a.m. this morning. No foul play is suspected, she said.

Mumford said detectives are interviewing Long’s friends and checking surveillance video from cameras at businesses near his home.

Police said the boy is known to ride the MTA bus system and is familiar with bus routes.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:05 PM »

October 21, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/chrisconte

Chris Conte @chrisconte  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Happening now: Nathan Long's teachers have showed up to help distribute flyers for the missing 11-year-old @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte  ·  5h 5 hours ago
A mother's emotional plea for help to find her missing 11-year-old son. The latest next at 5pm on @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte  ·  9h 9 hours ago
More: Nathan's mom says he has a benign brain tumor, motor skills are slow. He's been known to take MTA busses @NC5

Chris Conte @chrisconte  ·  9h 9 hours ago
MISSING: Nathan Long was last seen around 7p Monday. Police are searching for him off Clarksville Pike. @NC5

Chris Conte retweeted
 NewsChannel 5 @NC5  ·  10h 10 hours ago
BREAKING: 11-year-old boy reported missing in north Nashville. More soon on http://NewsChannel5.com

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:48:46 AM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26866272/missing-11-year-old-found-in-atlanta

Missing 11-year-old found in Atlanta
 Posted: Oct 22, 2014 4:09 PM EDT Updated: Oct 22, 2014 9:58 PM EDT
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
Missing 11-year-old Nathan Long was found safe in Atlanta on Wednesday, Metro police said.
Atlanta police saw Long, who had been missing from his North Nashville home since Monday night, in downtown Atlanta early Tuesday morning.

Long did not tell police his real name. When they could not verify who he was, Long was placed in custody of the Division of Family and Children Services in Atlanta.

Nathan told authorities that he took a Megabus from Nashville to Atlanta and that he lived in Indianapolis.

A DFCS worker learned of Long's disappearance in Nashville and sent a photo of him to detectives who, along with Long's mother, positively identified him.

Police said Long's mother also spoke to her son by phone after he was identified.

Metro police confirmed earlier Wednesday that surveillance video showed Long boarding an MTA bus at 28th Avenue North and Buchanan Street just after 7 p.m. Monday. They said he got off at the downtown terminal.
  more...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »

What a relief Nathan's been found safe!! 

In one of the first articles, Nathan's mom said he had never done anything like this trip before. In the latest article posted by Nut, it's said he is adventurous.  I wonder now  as Nathan continues to grow up, if he's going to be a challenge to his mother and others to help keep him safe and from further adventures, especially if there is truth in what the article said, which was saying he may not fully understand the consequences of his leaving like he did.  There are so many things that could happen to him.  It's interesting he wasn't truthful when asked by police what his real name was. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.