April 26, 2024, 07:37:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Years Old Peyton Blodgett Missing Since 10/25/14 in Macclenny, FL  (Read 4593 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: October 26, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »

Missing Child Alert Issued for 8 Years Old Peyton Blodgett Missing Since 10/25/14 in Macclenny, Florida

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/10/26/missing-child-alert-issued-for-8-years-old-peyton-blodgett-missing-since-102514-in-macclenny-florida/

A missing child alert has been issued for 8 year old Peyton Blodgett in Macclenny, FL. on Saturday morning, October 25, 2014.  Peyton Blodgett was last seen at his grandmother’s home in the area of the 6800 block of State Road 121 in Macclenny, Florida. The 8 year old is also said to be low functioning autistic.  The Baker County Sheriff’s Office says the grandmother and her boyfriend went out to do yard work while Peyton and his 5 year old sister watched TV.

A Florida missing child alert has been issued for Peyton Blodgett, a white male, 8-years-old, 4 feet tall, weighing 40 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes; last seen in the area of the 6800 block of State Road 121 in Macclenny, Florida, wearing white and a blue tie-dye t-shirt, blue jeans, black & white zebra-striped socks, and green tennis shoes.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this child, please contact the Baker County Sheriff’s Office at 904-259-2861 or 911.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »

Missing child alert issued for 8-year-old with autism

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/police-searching-8-year-old-autistic-boy-baker-cou/nhrqM/#sthash.cZquuFvG.dpuf

The Baker County Sheriff's Office says the grandmother and her boyfriend went out to do yard work while Peyton and his 7-year-old sister watched TV.

"They went in to find the child and the child was not in he house and that's the last time that they saw the child," said Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson.

The sheriff says deputies searched the grandmother's home over five times and couldn't find Peyton.

They called in K-9 units to track his scent, and brought in officers on four-wheelers to search the wooded area around the home.

The Baker County Sheriff's Office along with the FBI, The Florida Department of Law Enforment and Highway patrol are out again on Sunday.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's dive team is also being brought it to search and rule out surrounding ponds.

K-9 units will once again be brought out to search surrounding areas.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-child-autistic-boy/29345774

Search continues for autistic boy in Baker County
8-year-old Peyton Kyler Blodgett last seen at noon Saturday in Macclenny

Author: Heather Leigh, Mobile journalist, hleigh@wjxt.com
Nicholas Jones, Producer, njones@wjxt.com
Published On: Oct 26 2014 09:04:18 AM EDT   Updated  53 m

MACCLENNY, Fla. -

As the search for 8-year-old Peyton Blodgett entered a second day, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team joined the effort. The dive team searched two ponds. Nothing was found in those ponds.

A Florida Missing Child Alert was issued Saturday for 8-year-old Peyton Kyler Blodgett, who was last seen about noon Saturday on South State Road 121 in Macclenny.
Saturday afternoon, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office had joined the Baker County Sheriff's Office, contributing a helicopter and more K-9 teams to the effort.

" We appreciate the people who want to volunteer for the search. We have a day with all these agencies who have come here to assist. We have protocols set up today. We appreciate people wanting to volunteer. We have certain protocols set up first. After that we may have the need for volunteers," said Sheriff Joey Dobson.

The Baker County Press said the grandmother and her boyfriend, seven-time felon Jerry Carter, will be given lie-detector tests on Sunday. Most of Carter’s convictions are for non-violent offenses, although there was one aggravated assault count on a law enforcement officer, the sheriff said.

“I don’t think (the test) will turn out good,” he conceded.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 12:14:28 PM »

Peyton's moms facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/brittany.blodgett1

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-child-autistic-boy/29345774

Search for missing Baker County autistic boy to continue Monday
8-year-old Peyton Kyler Blodgett last seen at noon Saturday in Macclenny
Author: Heather Leigh, Mobile journalist, hleigh@wjxt.com
Nicholas Jones, Producer, njones@wjxt.com
Published On: Oct 26 2014 09:04:18 AM EDT   Updated  27 m

MACCLENNY, Fla. -

Local, state and federal officials with helicopters, K-9s and even a dive team found no trace of Peyton Blodgett, an autistic 8-year-old boy who disappeared from his grandmother's home in Macclenny at noon Saturday.

The Baker County Sheriff's Office has provided a new briefing to the media late Sunday afternoon.

Police said Blodgett's father was with police and deputies searching wooded areas near where the boy was last seen. Authorities say the father may be able to assist in the search and point out places that the autistic child may hide.

Earlier in the day, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team joined the effort searching two nearby ponds. Nothing was found in those ponds.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:23:34 AM »

I was checking in here and with the news to see if Peyton has been located.  Nothing so far, but it's early morning.   I hope he can be found safe.  This is a long time for a child to be missing, even more so for Peyton.  Hoping for good news with the light of day.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »

Peyton Blodgett’s mother speaks
October 27, 2014
http://www.news4jax.com/news/peyton-blodgetts-mother-speaks/29355520

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »

11 agencies assisting in search for missing 8-year-old autistic boy
Monday, Oct. 27, 2014

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/fbi-search-team-continues-search-8-year-old-autist/nhsLy/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 03:20:39 PM »

8-year-old Peyton Blodgett found alive
Monday, Oct. 27, 2014

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/fbi-search-team-continues-search-8-year-old-autist/nhsLy/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »

8-year-old Peyton Blodgett found alive
Monday, Oct. 27, 2014

<snipped>

A deputy with the Baker County Sheriff's Office found Peyton Blodgett under a bush about a half-mile behind his home Monday afternoon.

Sheriff Joey Dobson said the boy appeared dehydrated and scared.

"Best day I had in 18 years," said Dobson, who led an all-out search for the little boy since family members reported him missing Saturday afternoon.

The boy's mother told Action N ews reporter Deanna Bettineschi that she knew it all along that he would be found alive.

Peyton is being moved to Wolfson Children's Hospital for further treatment.

<snipped>

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/fbi-search-team-continues-search-8-year-old-autist/nhsLy/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »

Missing 8-year-old boy found alive in Baker County
Oct 27, 2014

A missing 8-year-old Baker County boy with autism has been found alive following a weekend-long search that had been expanded on Monday, according to the Baker County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Joey Dobson confirmed that Peyton Kyler Blodgett has been taken to Fraser Memorial Hospital for treatment after days of exposure in the woods. The sheriff said they found the boy near his home, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission helicopter spotting something and radioing the spot down to ground searchers.

"We have found him alive and hopefully he will be OK. He is probably dehydrated when I looked at him," Dobson said. "... They saw what appeared to be something and they said 'We found something' and our ground people went that way and one of our investigators found him."

Peyton and his sister were visiting his grandmother on Saturday at a residence in the 6800 block of Florida 121 South in Macclenny when the woman realized the boy was missing about noon, Dobson said. The boy’s mother lives in Gainesville, and the boy was in Macclenny for a short visit.

<snipped>

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2014-10-27/story/missing-baker-county-boy-found-alive

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm so happy Peyton has been found alive, and hope he has a good and full recovery.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »

Found alive! 

https://twitter.com/ActionNewsJax
ActionNewsJax @ActionNewsJax     ·  59m 59 minutes ago   

NEW PICTURE: 8-year-old boy with autism found alive, now being moved to Wolfson Children's Hospital #anjaxbreaking

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 06:42:43 PM »

Awesome news!   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »

Peyton Blodgett’s mother speaks
October 27, 2014

http://www.news4jax.com/news/peyton-blodgetts-mother-speaks/29355520

Brittany Blodgett - Payton's Mom - October 27, 2014

"I took the gloves off because I knew I wasn't going to need them," she said. "Thank you Jesus, thank you everybody in Baker County, thank you for your prayers, thank you, thank you, thank you."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/10/27/missing-child-found-safe/18014641/

an angelic monkey

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a fully recovery.  an angelic monkey

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/fbi-search-team-continues-search-8-year-old-autist/nhsLy/

Updated: 9:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 27, 2014 | Posted: 5:48 a.m. Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
Peyton Blodgett found alive after 49-hour search; is in critical condition at Wolfson Children's Hospital

Peyton was moved to Wolfson Children's Hospital for further treatment. As of Monday night, he was still listed as being in critical condition.

Action News spoke to Peyton Blodgett's mother Brittany on Monday night and she said doctors are monitoring his kidneys closely.

"If the kidneys do fail, that just means they're going to have to do dialysis. That is a big word and we don't know what it means, but we know it is not death and Peyton will come out of it," Brittany Blodgett said.

Brittany Blodgett said the family needs continued prayer.

"I'm thanking God number one and all these people that seeked out and helped me and helped Peyton and begged God and the people that are still asking him now."

Peyton's mom said though he is suffering severe dehydration, he's a fighter and she knows he will make it through stronger than ever.

"This is the hospital that he had a team of doctors here six years ago and this is the hospital that kept him alive when he was born, so I'm confident he is at the best place he can be," she said.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »

Mother recalls scary hours of her autistic son's disappearance
October 28, 2014

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Eight-year-old, Peyton Blodgett, who lives with autism, is listed in critical condition Monday night after spending 49 hours alone in the woods.

Blodgett was found conscious Monday afternoon.

The Baker County Sheriff's Office estimates he found less than a half-mile from his grandmother's house, where he disappeared from Saturday afternoon.

<snipped>

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/10/28/mother-recalls-sons-dissapearance/18040847/

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:11 PM »

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a fully recovery.  an angelic monkey

Updated: 9:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 27, 2014 | Posted: 5:48 a.m. Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
Peyton Blodgett found alive after 49-hour search; is in critical condition at Wolfson Children's Hospital

Peyton was moved to Wolfson Children's Hospital for further treatment. As of Monday night, he was still listed as being in critical condition.

Action News spoke to Peyton Blodgett's mother Brittany on Monday night and she said doctors are monitoring his kidneys closely.

"If the kidneys do fail, that just means they're going to have to do dialysis. That is a big word and we don't know what it means, but we know it is not death and Peyton will come out of it," Brittany Blodgett said.

Brittany Blodgett said the family needs continued prayer.

"I'm thanking God number one and all these people that seeked out and helped me and helped Peyton and begged God and the people that are still asking him now."

Peyton's mom said though he is suffering severe dehydration, he's a fighter and she knows he will make it through stronger than ever.

"This is the hospital that he had a team of doctors here six years ago and this is the hospital that kept him alive when he was born, so I'm confident he is at the best place he can be," she said.

continued prayers for this precious child and his family.

an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.news4jax.com/news/boy-wouldnt-have-made-it-another-cold-night/29386200

Boy 'wouldn't have made it another cold night'
Published On: Oct 28 2014 02:57:11 PM EDT   Updated On: Oct 28 2014 07:14:17 PM EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - 
An 8-year-old boy with autism who was missing for more than two days is making a speedy recovery at Wolfson Children's Hospital, his parents said Tuesday.

Peyton's parents said the toxins in their son's bloodstream have decreased every time the doctors check his kidneys. They said he won't need a kidney replacement or dialysis, and his condition has been upgraded from critical to serious.

"At 4:30 this morning, he asked me, 'Where's Bo?' That's our dog. So that tells me that his mind is getting away from being in shock and pain, so now he's recovering," Brittany Blodgett said.

She expects Peyton to remain in the hospital for the next several days and anticipates he'll be released by Monday.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »

Hoping for continued recovery to good health and a happy life...  an angelic monkey

Video at the link

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/peyton-blodgett-good-condition-could-go-home-frida/nhw2f/

Updated: 5:48 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, 2014 | Posted: 5:48 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, 2014
Peyton Blodgett leaves hospital

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —
The Baker County autistic boy who survived for 49 hours in the woods has left the hospital.

Eight-year-old Peyton Blodgett was wheeled out of Wolfson Children's Hospital just after 5 p.m. Friday.

His mother shared new photos of Peyton on her Facebook page Thursday and Friday.  He spent Halloween at the hospital.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.