April 25, 2024, 06:51:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JORAN PICTURE AND ARTICLE, ON SLAGFEST SITE  (Read 3180 times)
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« on: June 21, 2005, 11:30:55 PM »

HIS PICTURE IS IN THE MIDDLE...I came across a website, that talks about Joran playing guitar with a band, called Boilersuit at one time, and that he is being held in disappearance of Natalee etc. and has a picture of him with black tape over eyes(but you can tell its him before a haircut) picture of him at 16 yrs old maybe? anyways the artical is in Dutch,and i understood MOST of it, HOWEVER, If anyone out there is better at Dutch than me, perhaps you could translate it better for others? thanks!! address is...http://slagtfest.web-log.nl/log/2787784
wbvious
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 04:35:24 AM »

no, one of the two in "blackface" would be joran (probably  the one on the left)...most likely the one in glasses in the live performance shot of the band to the far right as well...
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 06:00:30 AM »

to wbvious ...  I never said he was in the live shot picture.... he played with this band AT ONE TIME, which couldn't have been that long ago( since he IS only 17 now ) ALSO, that's what i meant by he's in the middle ( i meant the middle picture, obviously we ALL know that Joran is not black, but thanks for letting me know that, lol)
bamarez
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:14:11 AM »

Not sure this helps since you already know Dutch, and I'm sure someone fluent in the language can make this alot smoother. But for others that may be wondering, online translator says:

"Gitarist Joran not at action from (NL)
Some days circulate the news already round that boilersuit boilersuit-gitarist Joran has been taken up during its holiday on Aruba. Joran are stuck on Aruba because he something with the disappearance of 18 person whose birthday it is American make little girl Natalee Holloway. Natalee were seen for last in the company of Joran and two surinamers. By these turbulent developments from is strike as forced for the second time on file Slagtfest without Joran."

Nice find, I haven't heard anything about him being in a band, but also can never manage to review all the posts.
Daniel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 09:07:17 AM »

It's a prank. This is not the same guy.

The Dutch guitar player's name is Joran Kok. Joran is a fairly rare name and it's not surprising if people with that name become the subject of jokes because one of their namesakes got in trouble. The joke would be immediately obvious to Dutch people because in the photo he is playfully flanked by two zwarte pieten ('black Peters' - santa's fictitious helpers in the Dutch Saint Nicolas tradition).
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.