April 24, 2024, 08:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22yrs - abducted 11/2/14 from Philadelphia, PA  (Read 12035 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« on: November 04, 2014, 12:50:12 AM »

Philly monkeys check this video and imgs

Carlesha Freeland-Gaither

WATCH: Chilling Video Shows Woman's Abduction in Philadelphia
Nov 3, 2014, 5:01 PM ET
ABC News

A chilling video was released by authorities today showing a woman's abduction in Philadelphia.

The missing woman -- identified by police as 22-year-old Carlesha Freeland-Gaither -- was abducted at 9:40 p.m. on Sunday in Germantown, Philadelphia's 6ABC reported.

The three-minute video shows someone park a gray or silver car. That's when a man is seen getting out of the car, briefly going out of camera view.

Moments later, he can be seen on the surveillance video approaching Freeland-Gaither, then dragging her down the street.

Although there was no audio with the video, police said the woman was yelling for help, 6ABC reported.

She is seen struggling with the man before the car speeds away. Police said the passenger side rear windows were busted open during the struggle.

Freeland-Gaither's glasses and cellphone were found lying on the street where the incident took place, the station reported.

Police are still looking for the abductor.
To submit a tip to Philadelphia Police, call (215) 686-TIPS or text "PPD TIP" or 773847. All tips will remain confidential.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/harrowing-video-shows-womans-abduction-philadelphia/story?id=26663931  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:46:50 PM by klaasend » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 12:53:02 AM »

Abduction 100 block of West Coulter St DC# 14 14 086747
PhiladelphiaPolice
PhiladelphiaPolice

Published on Nov 3, 2014
Northwest Detectives Division is asking for the public’s help in identifying and located the suspect who abducted a 22 year-old female in Germantown – Penn Knox.

On Sunday, November 2, 2014, at approximately 9:40 PM, Police responded to the 100 block of West Coulter Street for a report of an abduction. A witness was located and stated that he observed a female, identified as the complainant, Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, yelling for help, and being forced into a 4-door vehicle, possibly a grey colored Ford Taurus. As the complainant was being forced into the vehicle the complainant’s glasses and cell phone were dropped onto the highway. Just before the vehicle pulled off the driver and passenger side rear windows were broken out by the complainant.

Complainant: Carlesha Freeland-Gaither 22 year old black female from the 100 block of W Hansberry Street.

Suspect Description: Unknown black male, 5’10″, medium-heavy build, 25-30 years-of-age, medium brown complexion, wearing a dark colored jacket with a dark colored hood possibly a hooded sweatshirt underneath, dark colored hat, and dark colored pants.

Vehicle Description: 2000-2002 dark gray metallic 4-door Ford Taurus with an unknown PA license, an unknown plate on the front bumper, rear spoiler, and both driver and passenger side rear windows broken out. Vehicle is missing inspection stickers and has an unknown item in the center bottom of the front windshield.

If you see this suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
All tips will be confidential.

If you have any information about this crime or this suspect, please contact:
NorthwestDetective Division
215-686-3353/3354
Det. Sloan #891
DC# 14-14-086747

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:47:06 PM by klaasend » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »

22 Year Old Carlesha Freeland-Gaither Missing Since 11/2/14 in Philadelphia, PA … Abducted In the City’s Germantown Section Sunday Night Caught on VIDEO

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/11/04/22-year-old-carlesha-freeland-gaither-missing-since-11214-in-philadelphia-pa-abducted-in-the-citys-germantown-section-sunday-night-caught-on-video/

22 year old  Carlesha Freeland-Gaither is missing after her apparent abduction that was caught on surveillance video. Carlesha Freeland-Gaither was last seen around 9:40 p.m. Sunday, November 2, 2014 in the 100 block of West Coulter Street in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Freeland-Gaither is described as a black female, five feet, three inches tall, 125 pounds with brown eyes. Police say she has braided hair and has a tattoo on her lower back, and was last seen wearing a light blue jean jacket, a gray and white sweater, carrying a black backpack.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Philadelphia Police. Tipsters in Philadelphia should call 911, and those outside of the city should call 215-686-TIPS.

Pretty brazen attack
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:47:23 PM by klaasend » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »

Could some one help me ...

The car at the end of the video that turned down the street where Carlesha Freeland-Gaither was attacked and abducted ... they backed up and drove away? Are you telling me at the very least they could not have gotten a license plate #?

They saw a woman being kidnapped and drove away, REALLY?  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:47:41 PM by klaasend » Logged
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »

I thought the same thing, Red.  What has the world come to that we just turn our heads when something like this happens?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:48:00 PM by klaasend » Logged
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 12:44:20 PM »

The car at the end of the video that turned down the street where Carlesha Freeland-Gaither was attacked and abducted ... they backed up and drove away? Are you telling me at the very least they could not have gotten a license plate #?

all these opportunities to help no one did, other than prob call LE

@ 2:01 you can see someone, in the next block behind the attacker
run into the street then back across the street again

@2:36 someone runs up from the dir, that the other person was @ 2:01
then they run up street from where the bus came from

@ 2:53 near end of vid,you can see another car pull into W coulter as
the other car backs around the corner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:48:19 PM by klaasend » Logged

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »

some maps and google map img of area

overhead shot of area, a big park to the west
https://goo.gl/maps/bQpR4

where perps car was parked
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0310571,-75.1727605,3a,44.5y,53.49h,85.55t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sRkruax1XSJSeQoSOpxo4yA!2e0!6m1!1e1

corner view
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.031464,-75.1723534,3a,75y,235.61h,82.7t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIQdL4mqSkXc8-3ThFI-U0A!2e0!6m1!1e1

at the 1st intersection, Knox st. it is a one way too
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0303717,-75.1734462,3a,75y,177.15h,89.37t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNsnehUe3W0Kbcoz275VjHg!2e0!6m1!1e1

store at W coulter and wayne, has cams if it is still an open store

Progressive Supermarket Inc
5348 Wayne Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19144
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0292201,-75.1746196,3a,24.1y,160.08h,94.07t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdrUZTHuNtEq9yGHBb3xnKg!2e0
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:48:38 PM by klaasend » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/carlesha-freeland-gaither_n_6101886.html

Carlesha Freeland-Gaither's ATM Card Used In Maryland A Day After Philadelphia Abduction: Police
AP    | By SEAN CARLIN
Posted: 11/04/2014 2:22 pm EST

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A bank card belonging to a woman abducted from a Philadelphia street was used the next morning in Maryland, police said Tuesday as relatives tearfully pleaded for her return.

Detectives said security images showed a man using Carlesha Freeland-Gaither's card at 6 a.m. Monday at an ATM just off a highway exit for Aberdeen, about 75 miles from Philadelphia. The transaction occurred less than nine hours after the reported abduction Sunday night.

Chief Inspector Dennis Wilson said Philadelphia police were working with Maryland authorities and the FBI to search the area.

It was a fresh lead in a case that quickly gained attention after police released black-and-white surveillance video showing the 22-year-old woman flailing in vain as a man rushed her along a sidewalk to a parked car.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 05:17:30 PM »

WHY!!!!

Bank card belonging to abducted Philadelphia woman used in Maryland
POSTED 7:09 AM, NOVEMBER 4, 2014

Philadelphia — Two days after a Philadelphia woman’s abduction was captured on video, police say they have a lead across the state line: Someone used her bank card Tuesday morning in Maryland.

A male used Carlesha Freeland-Gaither’s ATM card at 6:01 a.m. a bank in Aberdeen, Maryland, about a 75-mile drive southwest from the Philadelphia street where she was forced into a car on Sunday night, Philadelphia police Chief Inspector Dennis Wilson told reporters

Wilson didn’t say how the card was used or whether cash was withdrawn. But he said surveillance video showed a male “similar” to the man who police say dragged and abducted the 22-year-old woman Sunday night.

<snipped>

Police didn’t immediately release the bank video. But authorities earlier released a video that they say shows Freeland-Gaither being accosted by an unknown man in Philadelphia’s Germantown-Penn Knox area around 9:40 p.m. on Sunday.

Police described the abductor as an unknown black man of medium-heavy build, 25 to 30 years old. The video shows him wearing a dark jacket with a hood, a dark hat and dark pants.

<snipped>

http://fox4kc.com/2014/11/04/chilling-video-of-philadelphia-abduction-released-police-ask-for-publics-help/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

There is a known witness.

Janet

+++++

Bank card belonging to abducted Philadelphia woman used in Maryland
POSTED 7:09 AM, NOVEMBER 4, 2014

<snipped>

That video, released Monday, shows a man approaching a woman near an intersection and then grabbing her and dragging her down a street, toward the camera.

The released footage doesn’t include audio, but a witness reported that Freeland-Gaither yelled for help, police said. The video shows Freeland-Gaither tussling on the ground with her abductor and being forced into a four-door vehicle, which police say may be a gray Ford Taurus.

<snipped>

http://fox4kc.com/2014/11/04/chilling-video-of-philadelphia-abduction-released-police-ask-for-publics-help/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »

New Clue Found in Woman's Violent Abduction from Philadelphia Street as Reward Increases
Reward up to $47,000 in the case as officials are led to Maryland to investigate a new lead
By Vince Lattanzio
Tuesday, Nov 4, 2014 • Updated at 6:37 PM EST
The search for a young woman violently abducted off a Philadelphia street has expanded to two states as officials release photos of a person of interest and federal agents throw additional resources behind finding her and the kidnapper.

Police released these surveillance photos from an ATM in Aberdeen, Maryland of a person of interest in the abduction of Carlesha Freeland-Gaither.

At 6:01 a.m. Monday, Carlesha Freeland-Gaither's ATM card was used by a man at an Aberdeen, Maryland PNC Bank, located right off Interstate 95, police said.
That's less than 8 hours after the abduction and some 70 miles south from the scene.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 07:26:15 PM »

more imgs vid and article @ the link i posted above, another snip

At a news conference asking for the public's help, Philadelphia Police erroneously said the ATM card was used Tuesday morning. They amended their statement later in the day.
It's the first new clue investigators have found since the 22-year-old nurse’s aide was forced into a gray metallic Ford Taurus in the Germantown section of the city late Sunday.
She tried to fight off the 5-foot-10-inch tall man with a medium-heavyset build, but was unable. Once inside the car, she kicked or punched out the car's rear windows in an attempt to escape, witnesses told NBC10.
more
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 08:04:10 PM »

New Clue Found in Woman's Violent Abduction from Philadelphia Street as Reward Increases
Reward up to $47,000 in the case as officials are led to Maryland to investigate a new lead
By Vince Lattanzio
Tuesday, Nov 4, 2014 • Updated at 6:37 PM EST
The search for a young woman violently abducted off a Philadelphia street has expanded to two states as officials release photos of a person of interest and federal agents throw additional resources behind finding her and the kidnapper.

Police released these surveillance photos from an ATM in Aberdeen, Maryland of a person of interest in the abduction of Carlesha Freeland-Gaither.

At 6:01 a.m. Monday, Carlesha Freeland-Gaither's ATM card was used by a man at an Aberdeen, Maryland PNC Bank, located right off Interstate 95, police said.
That's less than 8 hours after the abduction and some 70 miles south from the scene.

Thanks cw618

It make sense that surveillance video at ATM would capture clearer images.

Anyways ... maybe this time the grainy image will help.  I just heard on my vehicle radio that investigators are keeping it close to the vest whether or not the kidnapper is known to Carlesha.  (Pretty name.)

Janet

_____

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 10:43:49 PM »

Someone will know this guy.  It's just a matter of time before he gets caught.  Too brazen and too dumb.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 03:55:21 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »

Found alive! 

Woman in Philadelphia Abduction Found Alive, Police Say
Nov 5, 2014, 6:40 PM ET

The woman who was kidnapped on Sunday off a Philadelphia street -- a crime that was caught on a surveillance video -- has been found alive, police said today.

Law enforcement officials will hold a news conference tonight, where they are expected to give out further details in the case.

This comes as Philadelphia police have learned the identity of the person of interest they are seeking in the case, Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey told ABC News.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »

Found alive! 

Woman in Philadelphia Abduction Found Alive, Police Say
Nov 5, 2014, 6:40 PM ET

The woman who was kidnapped on Sunday off a Philadelphia street -- a crime that was caught on a surveillance video -- has been found alive, police said today.

Law enforcement officials will hold a news conference tonight, where they are expected to give out further details in the case.

This comes as Philadelphia police have learned the identity of the person of interest they are seeking in the case, Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey told ABC News.

That's wonderful news

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 06:51:23 PM »

From what I can gather, a former boyfriend is involved in this case.  There's new images from inside a store and a video of the press conference.

http://7online.com/news/abducted-woman-found-alive/381590/
22-YEAR-OLD CARLESHA FREELAND-GAITHER FOUND ALIVE
November 5, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/VinceLattanzio/

Vince Lattanzio retweeted 
NBC10 Philadelphia @NBCPhiladelphia     ·  15m 15 minutes ago   

WATCH LIVE: Police reveal new details on abducted Philly woman found alive in Maryland: http://on.nbc10.com/68rUCo4 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 06:59:39 PM »

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Abducted-Woman-Found-Alive-in-Maryland-Police-Source-281698261.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand

Wednesday, Nov 5, 2014 • Updated at 7:01 PM EST
Woman Violently Abducted Off Philadelphia Street Found Alive in Maryland

Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, the 22-year-old woman violently abducted from a Philadelphia street on Sunday, has been found alive in Maryland, Philadelphia detectives confirm.

The woman was located in Jessup, Maryland on Wednesday evening, officials said. She is said to be doing fine and is overjoyed, police sources tell NBC10.

•New Surveillance Video Released in Woman's Abduction

Howard County, Maryland Police said she was found along Route 175 in the town. Jessup is 115 miles south of Philadelphia, below Baltimore.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.