March 28, 2024, 04:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 Year Old Jaimee Mendez Missing Since 11/6/14 in Swampscott, MA  (Read 18684 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: November 10, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »

25 Year Old Jaimee Mendez Missing Since 11/6/14 in Swampscott, MA

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/11/10/25-year-old-jaimee-mendez-missing-since-11614-in-swampscott-ma/

25 year old Jaimee Mendez has been missing since Thursday, November 6, 2014 in Swampscott, Massachusetts. Jaimee Mendez is a Type 1 diabetic who is in need of her medication and cannot go for this many days as she has been missing without it. Also, according to her family, she is the mother of a severely autistic 5 year old boy. Her family stated that she would never leave him for this long. Making matters worse, the family says police found items, including shoes, believed to belong to Mendez in a dumpster behind a Lynn, Mass CVS.

Law enforcement officers from Swampscott, Lynn, Salem, state police and The North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council are involved in the search for Jaimee Mendez. A search in Salem around 11:49 Sunday morning was conducted in a wooded area behind Technology Way (Map).
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »

Police search for missing Swampscott woman

http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-search-for-missing-swampscott-woman/29630600

VIDEO
Family members said police were searching a dumpster at CVS on Eastern Avenue in Lynn Sunday, where they found some of Mendez's belongings.

Mendez's family said they know who she was last seen with.

"She was worried, she was freaked out, she was with this guy and he was acting weird and she wanted to get out of there," said Alyssa Mendez, Jaimee Mendez's sister.

Family said Jaimee Mendez called a friend to pick her up, but never showed up when they were supposed to meet.

"The guy that she called went to pick her up and she never showed, and that's it, that's the last time anyone heard from her. Her phones been off until they found her phone, they found her phone, and her jacket and her ID," Alyssa Mendez said.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »

Family: Missing Mother in Massachusetts Last Seen With Sex Offender
Monday, Nov 10, 2014 • Updated at 12:32 PM EST

Police in several Massachusetts communities are looking for a missing woman whose father says she was last seen with a registered sex offender.

Twenty-five-year-old Jaimee Mendez of Swampscott was last heard from on Thursday. Family members say she called two friends, telling them she was with a male and felt uncomfortable.

Stephen Mendez said that the man with whom his daughter was last seen is a registered Level 3 sex offender.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Woman-Missing-in-Massachusetts-282077281.html
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 12:19:36 PM »

Police Search For Missing Swampscott Mother
November 9, 2014 11:59 PM

Then this weekend, the family says Jaimee Mendez’s jacket, cellphone, phone charger and ID were found in an industrial area next to some woods. Later, they said they made another disturbing discovery in a dumpster at a CVS in Lynn: Jaimee Mendez’s sneakers, some men’s clothing and part of a rug.

Alyssa Mendez said the rug matches one in a van belonging to the man her sister was last with. She says police questioned that man, and she did too.

“He had scratches on his face, he had scratches on his hands,” Alyssa Mendez said. “It just didn’t make sense, his story.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/09/police-search-for-missing-swampscott-mother/
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »

From her sisters Facebook page:

"We are tying make a time. line. If anyone seen this guy with my sister please let me know when and where. This is who she was last with but he wont give any info and is clearly lying. Also i seen scratches on his cheek and hands. He is about 50lbs lighter that this pic and has been convicted of os rape and child abuse. Jay fleury. Please share."

Included is an image of Jay Fleury, the man she was last with.  He has the look of a creeper, IMO.  Yuck.

https://www.facebook.com/sincitychick?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 08:37:02 PM »

That Facebook link wasn't working for me. But I took the name and looked for registered sex offenders with the name in the area... Add found this one from Lynn, MA (which the city where they found items in a CVS dumpster)

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/MA36878/Jason-James-Fleury.html

(Sorry if shouldn't post links to people's info)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:59 AM »

That Facebook link wasn't working for me. But I took the name and looked for registered sex offenders with the name in the area... Add found this one from Lynn, MA (which the city where they found items in a CVS dumpster)

You are fine, sex offender info is public info.

The fact that this girl was with a level 3 sex offender and now missing is just terrible.

Why are this felons allowed to walk among us?
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »

Search for missing Swampscott mom full of 'twists and turns"
Posted 16 hours ago

Steven Mendez noted the discovery of sneakers in a dumpster about 1,500 feet from the home of a man he suggests is a suspect in the disappearance.

“I believe they were her sneakers,” he said, explaining they match the style she favored. He added that the vehicle belonging to the suspect has been taken as evidence by police.

There are also seeming contradictions between agencies. For instance, Blodgett’s office said that Mendez wasn’t reported missing until Saturday afternoon, but Steven Mendez said Friday and the Salem police log indicates that officers were searching for her near Technology Drive before 6 a.m. on Saturday.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/search-for-missing-swampscott-mom-full-of-twists-and-turns/article_ee53dd0a-6968-11e4-a060-9ba4e110acd8.html?mode=jqm
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 07:28:46 AM »

You are fine, sex offender info is public info.

The fact that this girl was with a level 3 sex offender and now missing is just terrible.

Why are this felons allowed to walk among us?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 07:43:46 AM »

Item exclusive: Sex offender denies involvement in case of missing Swampscott woman

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-exclusive-sex-offender-denies-involvement-in-case-of-missing/article_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html

The Level 3 sex offender with whom a missing Swampscott woman was reportedly last seen said he had nothing to do with her disappearance and last saw the woman walking away from his car after a drug deal.

“I didn’t hurt the girl. She and I are friends; unfortunately a little mom is missing, and I’m a Level 3 sex offender,” the man, Jason Fleury, told The Item in an exclusive interview Thursday. “I don’t blame [the family] for being angry, they’ve got to take blame on somebody and a Level 3 sex offender is a hell of a target.”

Jaimee Mendez, 25, was reported missing by her family on Saturday afternoon. Police said the family said they last saw Mendez Nov. 6 at around 6:40 p.m. Mendez’ family has said she was later was in the company of a man whom she said made her nervous, and she called a friend to pick her up. The friend showed up, but Mendez was nowhere to be found, the family told reporters earlier this week.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 07:46:27 AM »

Jason Fleury, Sex offender denies involvement in case of missing Swampscott woman

Fleury acknowledged he was with Mendez the night of her alleged disappearance. He said that Mendez was the go-between for him and a heroin dealer and, on the night of her disappearance, he picked up Mendez at 5:30 or 6 p.m. to buy drugs.

Fleury said they took the same trip they had taken twice before: Fleury said he would pick Mendez up at her Swampscott residence and drive her to the area of a Rite Aid on Lewis Street in Lynn. She would call somebody to arrange the drug deal when they arrived at the store, although Fleury said Mendez used his cell phone to make calls on Nov. 6 because hers was running out of battery power. He would then allegedly give her the money and she would bring him drugs. Fleury said he last saw Mendez walking away from his car at approximately 6:30 or 7 p.m. on Nov. 6.

“She was with me 30 minutes tops,” Fleury said.

Fleury said he then did what any heroin user would do: “I went home and fried my brain.”

Fleury insisted he did not kill Mendez, saying he had no motive to hurt her. He said he believes the drug supplier is the person who knows what happened to Mendez. But he admitted he did not know this person, as it was Mendez’ job to ensure he didn’t know the drug dealer, he said.

Criminal Record of Fleury:
As for a criminal record that includes 22 cases in Lynn since 2002, according to court records, Fleury said he is a heroin addict and “petty criminal,” but not violent. He said he was convicted in Virginia in 1997 when he was 18 for having sex with a 13-year-old girl, and that he was designated a Level 3 sex offender after a conviction in 2007 for failing to register in Massachusetts. (The 1997 conviction is recorded on the sex offender registry website but does not cite the age of the victim). Fleury served six months in a house of correction for the 2007 conviction, according to a spokesperson for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »

Divers search pond for missing Swampscott mother

http://www.wcvb.com/news/divers-search-pond-for-missing-swampscott-mother/29799182

VIDEO

As Massachusetts State Police divers searched a pond along Route 107 in Lynn Tuesday, the family of a missing Swampscott woman said they believe she is dead.

Divers were looking for evidence connected to her disappearance at Floating Bridge Pond near the Salem line
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 01:38:55 PM »

Search for missing mom Jaimee Mendez continues in Swampscott, Revere today

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/search-for-missing-mom-jaimee-mendez-continues-in-swampscott-revere/article_39bbfa34-71a2-11e4-87ca-bb4ab0c6c2a7.html

The search for missing Swampscott mom Jaimee Mendez continued in a pond in Swampscott and in the skies over Revere Friday.

A Salem Police Dive Team was heading to Foster's Dam in Swampscott, an Essex District Attorney's spokesperson said. The pond is in a somewhat remote neighborhood in the western part of town, to the south of Aggregate Industries quarry in Swampscott. The pond is located in the area of Windsor Avenue and Foster Road.

Essex District Attorney spokesperson Carrie Kimball Monahan said the pond is "within the area of interest," but there was no particular information leading to the search there.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 12:45:50 PM »

Two bodies found in Brockton in wooded area
Remains of woman were dismembered, DA says
DECEMBER 30, 2014

BROCKTON — The bodies of two people, one dismembered and another badly decomposed, were discovered in the woods along a dead-end road here in recent days, Plymouth District Attorney Timothy J. Cruz said Monday.

The first body found belonged to a woman around 20 years old, with medium-length brownish hair, Cruz said. The woman’s body was dismembered, and resting beneath it were the skeletal remains of another body, so severely decomposed that its age and gender were not immediately clear.

“One of the bodies was obviously there longer than the other and therefore was in a different stage of decomposition than the body that was on top,” Cruz said. It is also possible but not clear, he said, that the older body had also been dismembered.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/12/30/two-bodies-one-dismembered-found-brockton-woods/WsAJvqXfvXC94zsK4Hy0mM/story.html
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »

Two bodies found in Brockton in wooded area
Remains of woman were dismembered, DA says
DECEMBER 30, 2014

BROCKTON — The bodies of two people, one dismembered and another badly decomposed, were discovered in the woods along a dead-end road here in recent days, Plymouth District Attorney Timothy J. Cruz said Monday.

The first body found belonged to a woman around 20 years old, with medium-length brownish hair, Cruz said. The woman’s body was dismembered, and resting beneath it were the skeletal remains of another body, so severely decomposed that its age and gender were not immediately clear.

“One of the bodies was obviously there longer than the other and therefore was in a different stage of decomposition than the body that was on top,” Cruz said. It is also possible but not clear, he said, that the older body had also been dismembered.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/12/30/two-bodies-one-dismembered-found-brockton-woods/WsAJvqXfvXC94zsK4Hy0mM/story.html

Still waiting to ID the other second body. The first was a woman from Brockton. Sorry I added it to the thread.. Figured there was a small chance it was connected.

One of two bodies found in Brockton woods identified
Published On: Dec 31 2014 06:18:02 AM EST
Updated On: Dec 31 2014 11:35:26 PM EST

BROCKTON, Mass. -
One of the two bodies discovered in a wooded area of the city has been identified as a 20-year-old Brockton woman missing for four weeks, the Brockton Enterprise reported.

Watch the report

The Plymouth County District Attorney's Office said Wednesday that the victim was Ashley Mylett. Her dismembered remains were found off North Quincy Street near the Abington line.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/discovery-shocks-brockton-man-who-came-upon-remains-near-his-yard/30470442
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 05:54:06 AM »

That's ok Samantha...thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:10 AM »

DA:‘Body parts’ washed up on Swampscott beach
Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Swampscott Sgt. Detective Timothy Cassidy said the dog walker found human remains about 8 a.m. on the snow-covered sand near lobster traps that had washed up on shore.

Swampscott mother Jaimee Mendez, 25, vanished in November.

On the beach today, an officer hugged Mendez’s mother, Michelle, after briefing her. She left shortly afterward, declining to comment.

A law enforcement source told the Herald the body parts were bones, including a skull.

The body parts will be examined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. An identity is unknown, said Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.

https://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/01/da_body_parts_washed_up_on_swampscott_beach
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »

Human remains found identified as missing Swampscott mom
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 5:50 PM EST
Updated: Jan 30, 2015 5:57 PM EST

SWAMPSCOTT, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- The human remains found in Swampscott Wednesday have been identified as Jaimee Mendez.

The identification was made through dental records, according to the Essex District Attorney's Office.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/27988501/human-remains-found-in-swampscott-identified
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 09:02:24 PM »

A little more insight into Jason Fleury, the last person to see Jaimee. 

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-checks-record-of-man-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868
5 Investigates checks record of man possibly connected to missing mom
Published  10:02 PM EST Nov 13, 2014

Detectives have been investigating in Lynn where Jason Fleury lives.

Family members said Mendez was with Fleury the last time anyone had contact with her.

On Tuesday they spent two hours searching his Lynn home and a dumpster before towing this van, which 5 Investigates learned is registered to Fleury.

Fleury is a level 3 sex offender. He was convicted in 1997 of having sex with a minor in Virginia.

Since then, 5 Investigates found he has racked up a lengthy history of arrests in Massachusetts.

As many as 21 different criminal cases were opened against him in Lynn District Court. Many were dismissed.

Court records show Fleury was charged in 2002 with indecent assault and battery. The alleged victim told doctors she was "raped at knifepoint."

That case was dropped.

There was a 2007 conviction for failure to register as a sex offender.

Since 2002, at least eight restraining orders were taken out against him.

One woman sought help from the courts in 2006 saying she was "in fear of my life" because Fleury was 'threatening to throw acid in my face."

That same year another woman said he "attacked me from behind."

While Fleury is no stranger to police, authorities are saying nothing to tie him -- or anyone else -- to Mendez's disappearance, as the investigation continues.

"I don't comment on suspects or persons of interest," said Blodgett.

5 Investigates attempted to reach Fleury for comment but was unable to reach him.

He has not been named as a suspect or person of interest in Mendez's disappearance.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

Rest in peace, Jaimee.   an angelic monkey

Prayers of peace and comfort for her loved ones, and for guidance for LE to get justice for her.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/01/30/remains-found-swampscott-beach-belonged-missing-woman/MP0lLmY6QCprYVKYNIRMNL/story.html

Remains found in Swampscott belonged to missing woman

By Evan Allen and Melissa HansonGLOBE STAFF | GLOBE CORRESPONDENT  JANUARY 30, 2015

SWAMPSCOTT POLICE DEPARTMENT
Jaimee Mendez

The skeletal human remains found entwined in lobster traps on King’s Beach in Swampscott Wednesday have been identified as belonging to local mother Jaimee Mendez, 25, who has been missing since November, according to the Essex district attorney’s office.

“We are relieved for Jaimee’s family that she has been located and identified. We will continue to work diligently to determine the circumstances of her death,” Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said in a statement Friday. “Our thoughts are with the Mendez family during this difficult time.”

Mendez’s family was “absolutely destroyed” emotionally Friday night, Michael D. Newton, 50, the paternal grandfather of Mendez’s son, said through a Facebook message. He said he was too distraught to talk by phone. Other family members could not be reached for comment.

Newton said Mendez, of Swampscott, was a hard-working woman who loved to take her young son to the park and on car rides. She also had a great laugh, he said.

“She was a good, honest, loving, person who gave everything to her son,” Newton said. “To me, she was family in every sense.”

Since Mendez’s disappearance, her family has maintained a public Facebook page to post messages about her and organize searches for her body. On Friday morning, before the identification was made, one of her parents posted a note about receiving the call that remains had been found on the beach after this week’s blizzard.

“I know that’s Jaimee and I know she made herself known so she could help ease my pain,” read the note. “I know my daughter,and she knows me. I would never stop looking for her and she would never stop trying to get where I could find her. All it took was the perfect storm and power to get her to wash up on the sand and she came all the way up right up to the sea wall, but that’s my girl. Strong even in spirit. I love you Jaimee and I know you’ll always be right beside me and your baby.”

Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for the Essex district attorney, said the chief medical examiner’s office has not yet determined the cause and manner of Mendez’s death and could not say whether she was killed. She was identified through dental records .

“We don’t know how she died,” Monahan said.

A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said authorities consider the sex offender a suspect in Mendez’s disappearance.

The sex offender could not be reached for comment Friday.

Mendez has a 5-year-old son with autism, her family said. Her sister Alyssa has said she was devoted to the boy and described Mendez as a strong and beautiful person who would have fought to come home.

Since Mendez’s disappearance, the district attorney’s office, State Police, and Swampscott, Salem, and Lynn police have been conducting searches throughout the area to try to find her. The State Police Dive Team, K-9 Units, and AirWing, as well as the North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council, also have helped in the search.

Her remains, which Monahan described as “body parts,” were found by a dog walker around 8 a.m. Wednesday.

Mendez’s mother came to the beach Wednesday to watch investigators work in the whipping wind. She stood up on the hood of her car as a dump truck holding her daughter’s remains left the scene.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.