March 28, 2024, 05:07:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Ricks Sullivan (31) Missing San Diego, CA 10-13-14 BODY FOUND  (Read 5980 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: November 12, 2014, 10:16:13 PM »

http://wtkr.com/2014/10/21/navy-wife-from-hampton-reported-missing-in-san-diego/

Navy wife from Hampton reported missing in San Diego

POSTED 11:02 AM, OCTOBER 21, 2014, BY BECCA MITCHELL AND BRENDAN PONTON, UPDATED AT 04:35PM, OCTOBER 21, 2014

UPDATE: San Diego police confirm Sullivan was seen on Sunday morning on a soccer field in the city. She was wearing black pants and a gray sweatshirt. Police are still looking for her.

Police in San Diego are looking for a Navy wife and mother from Hampton who was reported missing last week.

Elizabeth Ricks Sullivan, 31, is reportedly a graduate of Kecoughtan High School. The mother of two young daughters was last seen at her home in Point Loma on October 13th.

According to police, her last contact was a text message sent that day. Police said her phone has been turned off since then.

Sullivan is described as an African American female, 5’3” tall, 130 pounds, with dark hair and brown eyes. It is unknown what she was wearing at the time she went missing.

Missing person flyer from the San Diego Police

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to contact SDPD’s Missing Persons Section at 619-531-2277 or SDPD Det. James Hunter at 619-531-2327 or jhunter@pd.sandiego.gov.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »

Video at link, father interviewed.

http://www.10news.com/news/search-for-missing-navy-wife-elizabeth-sullivan-reported-missing-oct-13

Search for missing Navy wife: Elizabeth Sullivan reported missing Oct. 13

10News Digital Team
5:50 PM, Oct 16, 2014
11:42 AM, Oct 18, 2014

SAN DIEGO - San Diego police are asking for the public's help in finding a Navy wife reported missing earlier this week.

Elizabeth Sullivan, a 31-year-old mother of two young daughters, was last known to be at her Point Loma home on Oct. 13, and her disappearance has her friends in San Diego and family in Virginia worried for her safety.

According to police, her last contact was a text message sent on that Oct. 13. Police said her phone has been turned off since then.

"We are all very worried and concerned," said friend Nathan Caracter.

Caracter told 10News he last spoke to Sullivan on Sunday night.

"We left it at 'talk to you tomorrow' … didn't hear from her again," he said.

He contacted police and filed a missing persons report.

According to Caracter, Sullivan and her husband Matthew, who is in the Navy, had been having marital problems. Caracter said her disappearance is a concern because she has not been in contact with anyone.

Tony Ricks, Sullivan's father, told 10News via phone from Virginia, "I texted her several messages and she didn't respond, and I haven't heard anything since then."

Ricks said he talks to his daughter sometimes two to three times a day. They sometimes disagree on issues, like what happened Monday on the phone, but they have a system to say they are OK.

"We always had a pact that because she was so far away from home that she would text me at least to say 'I'm OK' because she knew that I would worry if I didn't hear from her," Ricks said.

Police said Sullivan's car is in the garage and "it is unknown what form of transportation she was using that day [Oct. 13]."

"I just would want her to call home. No judgment, no blame; we just want you to be safe and OK and come home," Ricks said.

10News visited Sullivan's home to attempt to speak with Matthew Sullivan, but he was not home.

10News learned Sullivan's husband has been in touch with police and family members since the search began.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindElizabethSullivan

Missing: Navy Wife and Mother Liz Ricks-Sullivan

Her FB
https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.sullivan.756

Elizabeth Sullivan (Elizabeth Ricks)

Husband's FB
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.sullivan.564

Matthew Sullivan

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 10:28:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151504881876832&set=a.426750371831.223124.812406831&type=1&theater

Elizabeth Sullivan
April 22, 2013

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:42 PM »

http://www.people.com/article/missing-navy-wife-mom-husband-speaks-elizabeth-sullivan

'I'm at the End of My Rope,' Says Husband of Missing Mom Elizabeth Sullivan

BY SUSAN YOUNG @Suetube 11/12/2014 AT 03:05 PM EST

Halloween came and went without Elizabeth Sullivan taking her beloved young daughters out trick-or-treating. Now with Thanksgiving just around the corner, her Navy husband, Matthew, hopes his missing wife will find her way home.

"I'm at the end of my rope," he told PEOPLE in a rare interview from his home in Point Loma in San Diego. "I'm running on fumes right now, I don't know where to look. I'm always looking around the neighborhood, trying to catch a glimpse of her. Even if I got a phone call saying she's okay, it would put my mind at rest. But nothing at this point."

Elizabeth Ricks Sullivan, 31, disappeared on Oct. 13 and was reported missing by her friend after she failed to show up for an outing.

Police say there has been only one confirmed sighting of Elizabeth, at a nearby soccer field on Oct. 19, and that was from a bystander who did not know her personally. Elizabeth's cell phone stopped working immediately after her disappearance and her almost daily phone calls to her dad also ceased.

Searching for Answers

The mother of two girls, 4 and 2, had been going out with friends more often of late. Sullivan's husband Matthew, 29, admits the two were having marital problems, and that he was letting her "have her space."

She's never been gone more than an overnight in the past, he insists.

"The girls need their mom. She's never been gone this long, nowhere near this long. She's been with them their whole lives, while I was at work or on deployment, she was always here," he says, fighting back tears. "They definitely are not used to [her being gone]."

A Husband Devastated

The serviceman says he "feels lost." Matthew initially took leave, but recently went back to work in an attempt to get back to normal.

"It's killing me. I've lost 25 lbs. It's taking a toll physically and mentally," he says. "I think about her constantly, I can't stop. The girls are my biggest concern right now. I have to keep going, try to do what I have to do for them, and keep praying."

And some negative statements by those who do not know the family have caused added stress.

"I don't want negativity, I don't want her to be seen in a bad way. She's a good mom," Matthew says, adding that any little piece of information on her whereabouts, "I'll be thankful for."

Leaning on Friends

Matthew has been getting a lot of support through the Navy and his community, he says.

"Friends have reached out in social media, I've seen the flyers and people are getting out there and looking," Matthew says. "The girls are getting counseling. They don't grasp the situation and I avoid talking about anything around them because they soak up everything like sponges. I'm trying not to let it affect them."

"I know when they see her, they are going to be so happy."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Father-Pleads-for-Safe-Return-of-Missing-Navy-Wife-282028951.html#

Father Pleads for Safe Return of Missing Navy Wife
Elizabeth Sullivan, 31, was spotted in Liberty Station a few days after her disappearance but has not been seen since
By Danya Bacchus

Saturday, Nov 8, 2014 • Updated at 3:47 PM PST

A father is pleading for help in finding his daughter, who went missing on Oct. 13 in San Diego.

"It's still pretty much a mystery,” said Edward Ricks, Elizabeth Sullivan's father.

The Navy wife and mother of two hasn't had any contact with her family or friends and was last seen at her home near Liberty Station on Oct. 13.

"I feel like she's in trouble, and I've come out here from Virginia to look for her and to let her know we're here,” Ricks said.

The missing woman's car was found at home, and her cell phone has since been turned off.

Just days after Sullivan was reported missing, police say she was spotted at the soccer fields at Liberty Station. But since then, there has been no communication or sightings. Police say they have no new leads, but her father says the family still has hope.

“I have hope. I have faith. I walk by faith,” Ricks said.

That faith has brought him thousands of miles to help with the search.

If in any way she hears this and can get to a telephone or in some way reach out to me, we will come and get her, and that's what I want her to know,” Ricks said.

He’s asking San Diegans to be on the lookout for his daughter.

“It can happen to you. When it does, it gets very personal, and it takes on a whole new light when it happens to you," he said. "You get a strength like you never had before because that's my daughter and I'm bringing her home.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindElizabethSullivan/photos/a.1560692444149719.1073741828.1558241124394851/1560692414149722/?type=1&theater

Missing: Navy Wife and Mother Liz Ricks-Sullivan
October 26 ·

We are offering a $1,000 REWARD to the person who provides accurate information that leads to Elizabeth’s current whereabouts. She is a beloved mother, daughter, sister, niece, and cousin. If you have information that could lead to her current location, please contact Detective James Hunter of the San Diego Police Department at 619.531.2327 or jhunter@pd.sandiego.gov.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 07:21:57 AM »

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 11:47:40 AM »

Former Navy Service Member Arrested for San Diego Wife’s Murder

Elizabeth Sullivan, 32, disappeared in October 2014; two years later, her body was found in the San Diego Bay

By Monica Garske and Rory Devine

Published at 10:53 AM PST on Jan 31, 2018 | Updated at 3:09 PM PST on Feb 1, 2018
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Husband-Matthew-Sullivan-Arrested-for-2014-Murder-of-Elizabeth-Sullivan-471986023.html
LISTEN TO VIDEO!!
Police have arrested a former U.S. Navy service member for the killing of his wife, whose body was found in the San Diego Bay in 2016 after she had been missing for two years.
Matthew Sullivan, 32, was arrested Wednesday morning by police outside his home in Wyoming, Delaware, for the murder of Elizabeth Sullivan, 31.

San Diego Police Department (SDPD) Lt. Mike Holden said San Diego detectives were present during Matthew’s arrest. The lieutenant said the department has been committed to the case since it began more than three years ago.

“We have the right person,” Holden told NBC 7. “We’re happy to bring someone into custody and get the judicial process going. Hopefully we’ll be able to bring justice to Elizabeth and her family.”
The SDPD said the suspect will eventually be extradited to San Diego.

Elizabeth was reported missing on Oct. 14, 2014. She was last seen one day earlier near San Diego’s Liberty Station, the area where she lived. A text message sent on Oct. 13, 2014, was the last contact Elizabeth had with loved ones. Her phone was then turned off. Detectives found her car at home, but no trace of Elizabeth. 

On Oct. 6, 2016, the case experienced a major break when Elizabeth’s decomposed body was found floating in the San Diego Bay near Farragut Road, about a half-mile from where she had last been seen alive years earlier.
The SDPD determined she had been a victim of a homicide.

On Wednesday, Holden said investigators believe Elizabeth was murdered around the time of her disappearance in 2014. When Elizabeth’s body was discovered, it was in an advanced stage of decomposition but investigators believe it had not been in the bay since her death.

At this point, it is unclear where her body was from the time she was killed until the time she was found in the bay.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.