April 23, 2024, 09:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chagas, Bed Bugs, Lice, and Death  (Read 2993 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 16, 2014, 12:16:30 AM »

Generations ago, there was a war against bed bugs.  The high brows found solutions.  IIRC, it was a simple as adding a small amount of pesticide to soft furniture like couches, chairs, mattresses...

Generations of Americans grew up without first hand experience of bed bugs.  Same with lice.  For generations, "No Nits" was the policy in school.  Past generations didn't want anyone to suffer from bed bugs or lice.

Then there were people worried about a little pesticide and those few people who might be sensitive.  The solution?  No pesticide and bed bug infestations pop up all over.

Then there were people that worried that some children might feel bad because they got sent home from school for having lice or nits.  Can't have any child feeling bad or learning about hygiene.  So, just send a note home and let every child get lice in school.  No more "No Nits" policies.  Having lice doesn't mean your icky or bad. 

It seems like the progressives among us would rather have people (especially poor people and children) living with bed bugs and lice than living parasite free.

What about Chagas?  I keep hearing that it's being spread by illegal aliens flooding the country.  The new lice/bed bug super parasite?  I've read that Chagas KILLS!

Facts -

The cause of Chagas disease is the parasite Trypanosoma cruzi, which is transmitted to humans from a bite from an insect known as the triatomine bug. These insects can become infected by T. cruzi when they ingest blood from an animal already infected with the parasite.

Triatomine bugs live primarily in mud, thatch or adobe huts in Mexico, South America and Central America. They hide in crevices in the walls or roof during the day, then come out at night — often feeding on sleeping humans.

Infected bugs defecate after feeding, leaving behind T. cruzi parasites on the skin. The parasites can then enter your body through your eyes, mouth, a cut or scratch, or the wound from the bug's bite.

Scratching or rubbing the bite site helps the parasites enter your body. Once in your body, the parasites multiply and spread.

read more here - http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chagas-disease/basics/causes/con-20030854

How are the Triatomine bugs hitching a ride north?  Soon to infest building like cock roaches?  How long before the parasite Trypanosoma cruzi jumps to ticks or bed bugs?

Fruit is rejected by foreign countries because of fruit flies.

Why are all these people being allowed to spread bugs and diseases? 

Emerald Ash Borers and Zebra mussels are major pests and treated like pests.

Chagas kills and it's ok?

What's wrong with this picture?

just my humble opinions and questions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »

whiskey girl

Will you please post photos, of the bugs?  It would be helpful.  I did not grow up with bugs, well, maybe water bugs. Smile

TIA

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:49:00 AM »

I didn't grow up with bugs.  Bugs lived outside and did not live inside or in our hair like lice.   For some reason, past generations wanted to live bug free and made it so.  At least for individual families.

Pictures?  I saw pictures that looked like Box Elder bugs to me.  Reported to be from mud huts in SA.  I wondered if the parasite in the bug fecal matter would spread to other bugs.  Apparently it does.

http://www.newsweek.com/bed-bugs-could-spread-deadly-heart-damaging-chagas-disease-285066

Past generations eradicated bed bugs and younger generations didn't know what 'bed bugs' were.  A bed bug was something in a rhyme "Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite."

It was previously thought that Chagas disease, which kills an estimated 50,000 people per year, was exclusively carried by an insect called the kissing bug. But new research shows that bedbugs can also spread the disease, at least among mice.

University of Pennsylvania epidemiologist Michael Levy says he’s worried that bedbugs could distribute the parasitic disease among people, although there is no proof yet that this is happening. 

Chagas disease is caused by a parasitic protozoan called Trypanosoma cruzi that slowly attacks internal organs like the heart. At first, it has very few outward signs. Then, about 20 years after infection, some 20 percent of infected people develop very serious problems, including arrhythmias and even sudden death from cardiac arrest, Levy tells Newsweek.

Read more at the link above.

I know there have been publicized bed bug outbreaks in hotel rooms, apartments, schools...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.