April 25, 2024, 09:12:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fed To Review Its Own Oversight Of Big Banks"  (Read 1566 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 23, 2014, 04:30:41 AM »

The Federal Reserve has unexpectedly announced it’s reviewing its oversight and regulation of Wall Street, to make sure bank supervisors are considering the right information when making judgments and new rules.

The Fed’s Inspector General will head up the review, and is tasked with figuring out whether supervisors are using the right methods to gather all the relevant information, and whether they consider dissenting views from staff. The goal is to make sure examinations of big banks are “consistent, sound, and supported by all relevant information,” the Fed said in a press release.

Critics, including some members of Congress, are concerned that the supervisors are making corrupt judgments and failing to enforce policies, because they’re too connected to the banking system.

Read more here - http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/22/fed-to-review-its-own-oversight-of-big-banks/

At the end of the article -

“There is a revolving door from Wall Street to the Treasury to the Fed and back again,” wrote Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul in a January op-ed published by Breitbart. “We have former Secretaries of the Treasury going from government to Wall Street and pocketing hundreds of millions of dollars.”

Who really gets special deals from the Fed?  When does the revolving door stop spinning?  When does the spin stop?  When do the American people get the truth?  Is the truth likely when the nation is flooded by millions of illegal aliens who collect welfare and vote to keep the good times rolling?

What happened to the promise of freedom?  The ability rise?  Live a comfortable life?  Why does the rug keep getting pulled out from under citizens of the United States of America?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:35:35 AM »

Senator Rand Paul: Audit The Fed

I rise today in opposition to secrecy, in opposition to the veil of secrecy that cloaks the money changing hands in the temple of the Federal Reserve. While the money changes hands, the monied class gets richer and the middle class gets short-changed. It is more than time to part the curtain that hides the trillions of dollars that change hands. There is a revolving door from Wall Street to the Treasury to the Fed and back again. We have former Secretaries of the Treasury going from government to Wall Street and pocketing hundreds of millions of dollars.

I have called repeatedly for transparency at the Federal Reserve so Americans can see what is being done with their money supply. Every time I’ve called for transparency, people from both sides have said that transparency would only undermine the independence of the Federal Reserve. But Congress does have a role in overseeing the Fed. Congress created the Fed and right now independence has come to mean no oversight.

Some say, Oh but the Fed is audited each year. The Inspector General responsible for auditing the Fed came before Congress in May of 2009, and here’s what she had to say to a question during a House Financial Services subcommittee hearing. A Congressman asked, “What have you done to investigate the off-balance-sheet transactions conducted by the Federal Reserve which, according to Bloomberg, now total $9 trillion in the last 8 months?”

Why is ground beef over $4 a pound?  Likely the elite, political class, wealthy don't really care how the little people eat.  Their voters are taken care of with more food stamps.  A few bucks for the working poor really do not make a difference in these times of hyperinflation.

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/01/15/Rand-Paul-Audit-The-Fed

I imagine many Americans will never earn more than a million dollars over a lifetime.

For some reason there are 'off-balance-sheet transactions at the fed worth TRILLIONS of dollars over just a few months.  What's wrong with this picture?

I read somewhere the fed has more than $200 TRILLION going on behind closed doors.  Really?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.