April 25, 2024, 10:05:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leveling the Field on Immigration? Making Up For 'Lost' Time?  (Read 1455 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 25, 2014, 05:25:34 AM »

“Please understand that the immigration system has for generations been skewed,” Rivera said. ”First it was designed to be anti-Chinese. Then it was designed to be anti-Southern European. Then it was never an Ellis Island for Latinos. You have to understand that they are trying to make up ground.” (RELATED: Dem Rep: Republicans Wants To Use ‘Xenophobia’ And ‘Bigotry’ Against Latinos [VIDEO])

“There has been — and everyone admits it, and I hate to raise a flag that says racial preference or anything like that — but there is clear history that we wanted Northern Europeans, we didn’t want southern Europeans, we definitely didn’t want Africans or Chinese or South Asians. We prioritized. And now there is a leveling of the field.”

“I maintain that as a nation of immigrants, this process will sort itself out,” he continued. ”Some people have had one leg up on the system. Others have been disadvantaged historically. It will work itself out.” (RELATED: NBC/WSJ Poll Shows Latinos Divided On Executive Amnesty)

read more here - http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/21/geraldo-rivera-executive-amnesty-a-racial-leveling-of-the-field-video/

Does any one ask why they wanted Northern Europeans?  Where is the influx of Southern European illegal aliens?  How does an influx of illegal aliens from Central and South America level the field exactly?

I recall seeing documentaries about the earliest immigration welcome mat in North, Central, and South America. 

Why import people?  What was wrong with the millions that were already here?  The Aztecs, Mayas, and others already here didn't make good slaves.  They fought among themselves, enslaved each other, and didn't want to work for the new people.  Would 1600's Native Americans have welcomed millions coming from Central America?  1800's Native Americans?  Looting the pillaging their stuff?  I don't think so.

IIRC the governments were looking for people to build things, infrastructure.  Where do you find skilled people to build great buildings, bridges, roads, and other Northern European structures?

What were the Aztecs, Incas, Mayans and other people doing while all this immigration was going on?  Did they care about moving to the United States?  Did they even know the United States existed?

North, Central, and South America competed for immigrants from Europe.  Central and South America had many from all over Europe, Japan, elsewhere.  They built infrastructure.  For a long time, many prospered.  Early immigrants came in a time before the cradle to grave welfare state.  There was no welfare check greeting them on Ellis Island.

It seems like today's immigrants, legal and illegal, come for the cradle to grave welfare system.  Many came and stole or used bogus identities, Social Security numbers, took advantage of the welfare state.  What's to stop them in the future?  Setting up multiple identities and welfare recipients?  Would they come if they had to live without welfare?

I recall reading many times that 75% of past immigrants returned to their country of origin due to 'failure to thrive'.  No welfare and it was hard work to make a living in America.  Live was easier where they came from.

Why aren't today's immigrants leaving at the 75% rate?  Yesterday's immigrants had the opportunity to leave.  Why aren't today's immigrants leaving?

it's an occupation, an invasion.  I read it's the cartels organizing the massive influx.  It's all about raping, pillaging, and plundering.  It's not about fairness. 

Today's ruling class want's more power, greater opportunity to rape, pillage, and plunder from working people.  The American dream was hard work.  For many, it's easier to rape, pillage, and plunder.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:56:58 AM »

How would immigration advocates have reached out to the ancestors of all those people from Central and South America?  Those that came from remote villages?  TV?  Travel?  I imagine if it is not safe today, likely it would have been even more dangerous for strangers 100 years ago. 

Why does the USA have to be the dumping ground for global poverty?  The USA was an amazing place for generations.  Today, it is being turned into just another third world country.  More poverty, government and political corruption, crime, devastation, a dream for every day people lost forever...

Why aren't the immigrants being asked to pay back past welfare payments?  Reconcile their assets and eligibility?  If citizens on welfare make to much they lose it, the government collects the overpayment or takes their assets.

Where did the American Dream go wrong?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.