March 28, 2024, 01:27:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jessica Chambers, 19 Courtland, Miss. Burned Alive 12/6/14  (Read 132165 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »

those pills/lortabs, the buyer would know the dif, i dont think there
are any OTCs that even come close to looking like the lortabs

what the lortabs look like
http://www.freedomdrugrehab.com/wp-content/themes/freedomdrugrehab/images/lortab.jpg

Sanford went to prison..10/21/14
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_XXFITW8AA98oo.jpg
http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/InmateTest.asp

Roger Hentz and his brother
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-circuit/1307055.html
http://law.justia.com/cases/mississippi/supreme-court/1997/conv3735.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »

some positive news, a little more $$, maybe someone will talk

District Attorney John Champion announced Monday that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has added $25,000 to the reward being offered for information concerning the Jessica Chambers murder bringing the total to $43,000. Chambers died from injuries on December 6 when she was found still alive next to her burning car with burns over 98 percent of her body. She died later that night. News of her plight has gone nationwide but no suspect has been arrested over a month after the incident even though federal and state agencies have joined Panola County Sheriff's Department and other local agencies in the investigation. Anyone with information concerning the incident should call Crimestoppers at 800-729-2169 or Panola County Sheriff's Department at (662) 563-6230
http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/384498/1180/breaking-news-1

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »

some positive news, a little more $$, maybe someone will talk

District Attorney John Champion announced Monday that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has added $25,000 to the reward being offered for information concerning the Jessica Chambers murder bringing the total to $43,000. Chambers died from injuries on December 6 when she was found still alive next to her burning car with burns over 98 percent of her body. She died later that night. News of her plight has gone nationwide but no suspect has been arrested over a month after the incident even though federal and state agencies have joined Panola County Sheriff's Department and other local agencies in the investigation. Anyone with information concerning the incident should call Crimestoppers at 800-729-2169 or Panola County Sheriff's Department at (662) 563-6230
http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/384498/1180/breaking-news-1

It is even more now.  I think this was the latest increase.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27919326/atf-adds-10k-to-jessica-chambers-reward

ATF Adds $10K To Jessica Chambers Reward

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 7:40 PM CST
Updated: Jan 29, 2015 7:40 PM CST

A new donation of $10,000 by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms has now raised the reward to catch Jessica Chambers' killer to $53,000.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE/photos/pcb.1604074043163074/1604073876496424/?type=1&theater

Justice For Jessica added 5 new photos.
8 hrs ·
Hello everyone... I sincerely apologize for not posting lately. I have tried to mask my feelings by busying myself.. I can not get jessica off my mind. Living states away masks my anxiety, I recently took a trip home & brought everything back to light. I feel completely lost and I just try not to talk about it. Unfortunately I don't have an update, We have no answers and have not been talked to or told anything in so long! I have reached out for help but so far I have been told the same thing over and over.. Everyone that wants to help needs full cooperation from the LE & it just seems they don't want help.. There has been no talk lately and as we come up on the 4 month anniversary of my Sisters attack/murder... I'd really like to ask everyone to just hold their loved ones as close as they can.. Mend relationships that are broken and let your family know how much you love them! Tomorrow is never promised, As another Holiday approaches I am reminded that I can not Call my sister just to say Happy Easter, I can not call her just to say hey.. I am reminded daily that I will never see her walk down the aisle to the man of her dreams or hold her first child... A piece of me is missing and again I apologize for not posting.. I want everyone to know my sister.. To know her story and to please if you know anything.. Please come forward! Thank you all for supporting and reaching out to get JUSTICEforJESSICA... We love you Jessica Lane!! Never forgotten

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2015, 03:03:18 AM »

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/03/12/jessica-lane-chambers-murder-case-the-mississippi-burning-hiding-in-plain-sight/

Jessica Lane Chambers Murder Case – The Mississippi Burning – “Hiding In Plain Sight”….

Posted on March 12, 2015   by sundance

No new information has been released by officials in Courtland, Mississippi, regarding the investigation into the December 6th murder of Jessica Lane Chambers. However, the social media chatter has picked up extensively since District Attorney John Champion announced the timeline of Ms. Chamber’s activity on the day she was killed.

It is the community discussion around the missing hour of 6:30pm to 7:31pm which has brought clarity to events leading up to the tragic night she was killed.

However, given the latest admissions -by people of various degrees of consequence to the events of December 6th, and with the full understanding that concern for witness safety has surfaced as a paramount issue- a strong possibility exists.

It is with great sensitivity we have approached the known activity, behavior and associations of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers in the months prior to her death.

Regardless of her conduct, like all other similar murder victims, her memory deserves a genuine amount of respect and consideration. However, discussion must also accept reality of behavior without disposition toward judgment of it.

As the weeks have lengthened it has become more clear that Jessica Chambers engaged in some lifestyle and behavior risks. From the outside looking in it is easy to hastily judge her choices and decisions. However, for the sake of actually finding her killer – one must set aside judgment and approach with an keen sense of acceptance.

Jessica was known to have used various illegal narcotics beyond the more common teenage marijuana use. Those within her larger social circle admit and acknowledge her use of pills, tabs, meth and, on occasion, crack cocaine. She would not be generally described as a hardcore user, or addict, however she did frequently engage. It appears her use was generally within a social circle or with friends. But it is also generally accepted – she used alone.

In addition much like many other similarly engaged and attractive young women, she would sell sex as a source of financing her purchases. It may be a disconcerting reality to accept, but there is enough evidence -enough people with the same experience- to substantiate both the drug use and lifestyle choices.

An affirmation of sorts comes from a person in direct knowledge of Jessica who affirms Jess was trying to trade four Lortabs for $20 crack cocaine on the very day she was killed.

Once these ‘at risk behaviors’ are understood – the claims leading up to and surrounding her death begin to make more sense.

What follows below is the general story as it has played out over several recent weeks via a close geographic social circle. It should be noted that no-one outlined is officially identified as a person of interest, or suspect – nor are we making the claim as such.

Our research indicates this information is just as well known to investigators as it is to us; and now will be to you. Our efforts are to connect the disparate discussions into the general storyline as it is openly unfolding via social media.

Perhaps sunlight can provide a greater understanding.

On June 2nd 2014 Jessica had an altercation with her mom, Lisa Daugherty (Chambers). Described as a “simple assault” eventually this altercation led to Jessica going into an informal diversionary program, agreed by her family, at a place called Leah’s House. This is not a new revelation, we have discussed this before.

However, prior to that altercation with Lisa Daugherty, Jessica and her then boyfriend, Travis “Travo” Sanford, had a run-in with a rather seedy Courtland character named Roger Hentz, age 53.

As the story is told:

Jessica Chambers had arranged a prescription drug sale to Hentz for ¹approximately 100 Lortab pills. Lortabs are a combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen. They are generally prescribed by doctors for pain relief. On the street the Lortabs have a value of $5 each, which put the arranged deal at around $500.

[¹Scripts are usually written and filled for 90 to 120 pills. (90 = 3x daily 8/hours) (120 = 4x daily 6/hrs) the strength of the dosage generally determines the daily dose prescribed – which in turn changes the number of pills for average script - link]

It is currently assumed that Jessica was introduced to Roger Hentz through Charlotte Wilkerson, aka “Auntie Sha-Sha” who knows both Roger and his girlfriend, Annette Hill.

It is not exactly clear who was to provide the pills, either Jessica or Travis “Travo” Sanford.  However, what is clear is the pills Jessica and Travo brought to the deal were not actually the pharmaceutical “Lortabs”, they were fakes.

Two different people confirm the fake pills were OTC products gained from Freds Pharmacy in Batesville (475 Highway 6E, Batesville), either purchased or stolen.  It is claimed Jessica and Travo attempted to pass off the OTC pills as Lortabs and Roger Hentz became suspicious of them.

A reluctant Roger Hentz was forced to accept the deal by Travo.

How Roger was “forced” is an unknown variable.  However, the total amount of money exchanged was reduced as a consequence of the suspicion the pills were fake.  Travo and Jessica reportedly left with approximately $400.

It is claimed within the networked community that Roger Hentz and Annette Hill were furious they had been ripped off.  Shortly before Jessica went to Leah’s House – Jessica was angrily and publically confronted by Roger’s girlfriend, Annette.

After Jessica left Leah’s House (late August 2014), Travo was in jail for another incident, when Jessica was again confronted by Roger and Annette at M&M First Stop Gas station.

During this encounter Jessica was threatened with a hammer – again publically.

There were at least two more violent confrontations witnessed by independent people between the M&M Gas station event, and the night Jessica was murdered.

In addition, Lisa Daugherty confirmed publically and to investigators that Roger Hentz and/or Annette Hill had angrily come to her house looking for Jessica, making threats and demanding restitution.

If you count the visit to Jessica’s home, there are at least five independently witnessed events where either Roger, Annette, or both together, were threatening or intimidating Jessica Chambers.

DA Champion admitted there was a physical assault at M&M Gas Station during one of the media interviews. Station owner, Ali Alsanai, aka Ali Fadhel, aka Basem Alsanai, also appeared in local media and confirmed his knowledge of the attack. However, at the time of this initial media report by Champion (confirmation by Ali) the name of the attacker was unknown.

It is now presumed this previously mentioned incident at M&M was with Roger Hentz.

No-one in the Courtland community want’s to be on the wrong side of Roger Hentz, and when you understand his history -and the history of his longstanding family- you begin to understand why the community fear him.

An intimidating influence.

The question quickly becomes was the murder of Jessica Chambers related to her and Travo double-crossing Roger Hentz and Annette Hill?

It would certainly appear that Jessica was held accountable for the fake Lortabs and subsequent rip-off.

Actually, with Travis “Travo” Sanford in jail it would appear Jessica was the only one who could be held accountable.

Does this explain the consistent issue raised about people being worried to come forward? Was this motive what was referenced by Charlotte “Sha-Sha” Wilkerson when she mentioned “they went too far“?

Was “they” actually Roger and Annette, or Roger  and another?

Was Jessica going to have to pay Roger Hentz back in other ways, and something went wrong?… Was this ‘leverage’ what convinced Jessica to arrange a meeting, or made her reluctantly willing to go somewhere?

There are just as many questions as there are reconcilable answers.  Obviously, the local, State and Federal investigators also know this information…. and yet.

The well known Jessica local circle of Charlotte Wilkerson, Boone Mister, Pat Mister and Denise Tutor, Ali Alsanai, The Rudds and The Sanfords et al would also know about Roger Hentz.

A person might reconcile the aforementioned unwillingness to discuss given the potential for intimidation…. or worse.

If you accept this narrative as generally accurate, then you might also see how unfortunately this reality also provides a rather extensive list of possibilities for reasonable doubt in a courtroom.

Can't find what they're being charged with yet, but am hoping it's about Jessica!

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=25000&agency=60&id=10620&searchType=offender

Offender Name: ROGER LYNN HENTZ
Offender ID:10620
Date of Birth:07/29/1961
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:  Panola County Sheriff's Department

Offender Name: ANNETTE VENTURA HILL
Offender ID:36479
Date of Birth:02/15/1967
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:  Panola County Sheriff's Department

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »

For me, it doesn't matter whether Jessica was involved in drug trade or not.  She deserves justice and she did not deserve to be so horrifically and painfully murdered. 

Rest in peace, Jessica.  May there be justice soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »

For me, it doesn't matter whether Jessica was involved in drug trade or not.  She deserves justice and she did not deserve to be so horrifically and painfully murdered. 

ITA!   

Justice for Jessica!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/28723834/sheriff-rumors-about-arrests-in-jessica-chambers-case-are-false

Sheriff: Rumors about arrests in Jessica Chambers case are false
Posted: Apr 05, 2015 8:30 AM CDT
Updated: Apr 05, 2015 9:13 AM CDT
By Michael ClarkCONNECT

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) -
Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby says overnight Internet rumors about arrests in the ongoing Jessica Chambers case are false.

WMC Action News 5 received several calls and emails from viewers about possible arrests in the case.

Darby says his team continues to work leads daily, but said no arrests have been made.

Names mentioned in online postings may have been brought into the jail for unrelated charges, but Darby emphasized the individuals were not brought in for the Chambers case.

Monday will mark four months since the 19-year-old was found badly burned next to her car.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2015, 01:26:28 AM »

Well crap!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »

almost 7 months, and nothing new, sure hope someone
is trying to connect the dots behind the scene

R.I.P. Jessica
sometimes justice is slow
 an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2015, 07:05:35 AM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/29291655/fox13-investigates-lead-investigator-updates-jessica-chambers-murder-case

FOX13 Investigates: Lead Investigator Updates Jessica Chamber’s Murder Case

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 8:38 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 10, 2015 8:38 PM CDT

Six months have passed since the murder of Jessica Chambers. The 19-year-old was found burned alive next to her car in rural Courtland in Panola County on the evening of December 6.

For the first time, the public will hear from the lead investigator in the case. Major Barry Thompson sits down with FOX13 to bring the very latest information in the murder investigation.

That interview can be seen on Good Morning Memphis, beginning at 5 a.m. on Thursday.

Interview here:  http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/category/240066/good-morning

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2015, 11:47:21 AM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/29295628/jessica-chambers-case-stretches-into-the-6th-month

Jessica Chambers Case Stretches Into The 6th Month

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 9:05 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 11, 2015 9:26 AM CDT
By Tom Dees, Reporter

PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. (FOX13) - The lead investigator in the Jessica Chambers murder case is giving FOX13 the indication they may be closing in on suspects in the gruesome murder six months after the Mississippi woman was burned alive.

Jessica's father spoke with FOX13 about his grief and the added grief he has had to take on.

Ben Chambers says he has had enough, and now he has hired an attorney.

"We are having a problem with my insurance company not wanting to pay off on my daughter because they said that she wasn't a student in school. I have my insurance through Met Life and they are not wanting to pay off now," said Chambers.

Major Barry Thompson, the lead investigator in the Chambers murder says he has been told the payoff is being held because the murder remains unsolved.

Thompson wrote a letter on behalf of the Panola County Sheriff's Department, and in it he clearly states Ben Chambers is not nor has he ever been  a suspect.

But Thompson did offer some insight into suspects.

“I would say from a confidence standpoint, the team of investigators working on this case have a level of confidence that we have not had before now," Thompson said. "There is a direction that we are going in now that we haven't gone before, and it seems to be a good direction that we are headed in yes sir," he continued.

A good direction he says after six months of so many dead ends. Who could have burned a young woman alive?

"I can't say 100 percent that it was somebody that she knew but just the sheer hatred of the crime tells me it took it to another level," continued Thompson.

The clues stop there leaving the investigation ongoing.

Six months after his daughter was killed there have been no arrests and Ben Chambers says he owes $10,000 in funeral expenses, and he is fighting for his daughter's life insurance and that is not all.

"And the car insurance they wouldn't pay off because they say she wasn't killed by another car, so they won't pay off," Chambers said."You know its unbelievable how somebody can be murdered but they say she didn't die the right way," Chambers continued.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2015, 08:16:08 AM »

ITA!   

Justice for Jessica!   

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2015, 05:53:24 PM »

i was checking on new news for Jessica, and ran across this
very long article, that has statements with Lisa mother, Ben
father, Bryan ex boyfriend, Bryans mother, and more
just took a couple of snips, havent had time to look into cell
towers, to see how many the FBI are dealing with, and havent
looked to see what town is 5 miles away, that Jessica went to
Six months ago, a teenager was burned alive in a tiny Mississippi town. Police say they still don’t know who killed her or why, leaving the mystery in the hands of amateur online sleuths who may be doing more harm than good. When does a private tragedy become a public pastime?
Katie J.M. Baker
BuzzFeed News Reporter
posted on Jun. 24, 2015, at 8:18 p.m.

“Eric did this to me,” Jessica told medics over and over again in a raspy whisper, although no one knows whom she meant. (Authorities won’t confirm her last words on the record, but that’s what they told her father and a few potential leads.) Then, she stopped talking. She died in the hospital a few hours later.

“You know how we’ve got a town of about 500?” Lisa asked. “There are maybe 50 that ain’t suspects.” She was kidding, of course: The authorities have been clear that there are absolutely no official suspects. But for the most part, they haven’t corrected the misinformation floating online in hopes that will make it easier to find the real perpetrator. For example, it’s widely believed — mistakenly — that the murderer poured lighter fluid down Jessica’s throat, Darby said. But it’s also widely — and mistakenly — believed that some of the people closest to Jessica had something to do with her murder.

“I’m not going to be intimidated by what the public says,” said Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby. “They don’t understand how the process works. They don’t know that we have top investigators working on this 24/7.”

Both Darby and Champion said they’re confident they’ll eventually solve the case, especially with the help of the FBI’s cellular technology. If they could only figure out where Jessica was during her last moments — and whom she was with.

Both Lisa and Ben said Jessica made comments that people thought she was “snitching” to the police in the weeks before she died. Afterward, gang members offered their condolences, her parents said. Lisa said some of them knocked on her door in the middle of the night in the weeks after Jessica died to ask whether the “snitching” rumors were true. They seemed to know as little as Lisa did.

“I think Jessica got in over her head with some people and found out some things she shouldn’t have known, because she was smart off her own mouth,” Ben said. Both her parents said they wish they had tried harder to find out who thought she was snitching, or what she was snitching about. But they didn’t. Because Jessica was just being Jessica, and it wasn’t unusual for Jessica to be in some sort of fight or another, drama being one of few activities to pass the time in Courtland.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/who-set-jessica-chambers-on-fire-the-internet-is-trying-to-f#.vbZJJpZ58d

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2015, 09:05:38 PM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/Clip/11774401/new-hope-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case
Video

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/29825211/fox13-investigates-update-on-the-murder-of-jessica-chambers-case

FOX13 Investigates: Update on the murder of Jessica Chambers case

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 2:11 PM CST
Updated: Aug 18, 2015 4:21 PM CST
By Tom Dees, Reporter

It has been a little over eight months since 19-year-old Jessica Chambers was set on fire and left to die on a Panola County back road.

A FOX13 investigation uncovered what appear to be new leads and a renewed hope in the case.

Panola County Lead investigator Barry Thompson was in court all day and could not speak on camera, but he did say he felt good about the case. He added investigators are still tying some things together.

The sense of optimism has spilled over to Jessica's father, Ben Chambers.

"My thoughts right now are more positive, and I have new hope right now since the investigation,” Chambers said. “I talked to the investigator and he gave me some good information.”

FOX13 has learned that 12 to 15 more people have recently been interviewed by investigators. We were also told investigators are still looking for key evidence, but they are keeping that information closely guarded.

Ben Chambers told us he thinks he knows who killed his daughter, and he thinks the law knows too.

"Oh yes sir; it's definitely coming to a close,” Chambers said. “They know who done it and they got proof. They just need some more proof.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/08/19/jessica-chambers-father-were-near-end/31984879/

Jessica Chambers' father: "We're near the end"
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 11:49 a.m. CDT August 19, 2015

At this point, Chambers said, he's got a good feeling about the case, and after eight grueling months, he's ready to see justice done.

"I believe it’s going to be who we thought it was from the front. I really believe it," Chambers said, adding that he thinks it's going to come down to a situation where Jessica "beat" someone over $500.

When asked to elaborate on the situation, Chambers simply said, "I believe it's all going to boil down to that."

Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby wouldn't confirm what Chambers said.

"We're still exploring leads, and there are a lot of leads to look into," he said. "When you've got possibilities, you've still got to be able to prove it."

Authorities are still looking for what they say is one missing piece. The investigation has taken them out of the county and even out of the state. Some investigators have traveled thousands of miles to try to put the pieces of what happened on Herron Road together.

? 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15535.msg1599722#msg1599722

Jessica Chambers had arranged a prescription drug sale to Hentz for ¹approximately 100 Lortab pills. Lortabs are a combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen. They are generally prescribed by doctors for pain relief. On the street the Lortabs have a value of $5 each, which put the arranged deal at around $500.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2015, 06:30:15 PM »

Remembering Jessica, and praying for Justice. 

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/events/924051564345597/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article48331100.html

DECEMBER 6, 2015

One year later: Jessica Chambers case far from cold

BY THERESE APEL
The Clarion-Ledger

Just a year ago, a tiny blonde ex-cheerleader named Jessica Chambers worked at Goody's in Batesville.

The sassy 19-year-old had a dog named Roscoe at the home she shared with her mom, and she was getting ready for Christmas -- her favorite holiday. She was like so many other teenage girls.

Dec. 6, 2014, started off like a normal Saturday. After hanging out with friends, Jessica went to the store. She took a nap on the couch. Then she got a phone call and left her house for what would be the last time.

That night, Jessica died a gruesome death, leaving a crater in the world around her.

Just after 8 p.m., Chambers was doused with gasoline and set on fire in her car next to the gate of some private land on Herron Road, under several trees that still bear the burns from the heat of the flames. She got out of the car and was found on the road with burns over most of her body. She was able to give firefighters a name, but after interviewing more than 150 people, authorities still haven't been able to pin it to a specific person.

Her family isn't the same. Her friends, her community, the law enforcement on the case -- they've all been changed by the labyrinthine investigation that began that night.

'It has tormented me'

"It has been a year that I cannot find the words to express the loss of Jessica. It controls my every thought," Daugherty said. "I have been trying to keep her out in the spotlight. I have fought to remove people from profiting off of her name. My life is, every day, hoping I will wake up and hear my daughter has justice."

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2015, 10:01:25 PM »

Read an article this morning about Jessica.  Sure doesn't appear that local police can/will solve this case.  In a small town it should be easy to solve this.  I don't put much stock in their law enforcement.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-investigation-into-jessica-chambers-teen-burned-alive-yields-gun-drug-arrests/

crimesider
By CRIMESIDER STAFF CBS/AP  December 17, 2015, 11:24 AM
FBI: Investigation into teen burned alive yields gun, drug arrests

JACKSON, Miss. -- The investigation into the murder of a Mississippi teen who was burned alive has resulted in the arrests of 17 suspected gang members, though none are charged in her death, reports The Clarion-Ledger.

The FBI says the men have been charged in north Mississippi as a part of a major operation targeting suspected gang members called "Operation Bite Back."

FBI Special Agent in Charge Don Alway announced the indictments on Tuesday.

Officials say the operation focuses on Panola County and is a byproduct of the deep investigation that has come through the probe into the death of Jessica Chambers, a 19-year-old woman burned alive on Dec. 6, 2014, in Courtland. Just after 8 p.m., Chambers was doused with gasoline and set on fire in her car next to the gate to private land, police said. She got out of the car and was found on the road with burns over most of her body. She died hours later at a hospital in Memphis.

Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby told The Clarion-Ledger Tuesday's arrests are not directly related to Chambers' death, but to information gathered as authorities have interviewed more than 150 people and sorted through more than 20,000 phone records trying to find her killer.

FBI spokesman Jason Pack said as the FBI assisted state and local investigators, suspected illegal activity came to light and resulted in the indictments and arrests Tuesday morning. The indictments in both the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi and Mississippi's 17th Circuit Court District charge the 17 suspects on a variety of violations ranging from child endangerment, possession of stolen firearms, narcotics sales and felon in possession of a firearm to possession of counterfeit currency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.