September 22, 2018, 12:09:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jessica Chambers, 19 Courtland, Miss. Burned Alive 12/6/14  (Read 77716 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2018/08/21/oktibbeha-county-jurors-hear-second-quinton-tellis-trial/1053646002/

Jessica Chambers: Oktibbeha County jury to hear second Quinton Tellis trial in Batesville
Ron Maxey, Memphis Commercial Appeal
Published 1:59 p.m. CT Aug. 21, 2018 | Updated 4:29 p.m. CT Aug. 21, 2018

The retrial of Quinton Tellis for the 2014 burning death of Jessica Chambers will be in Batesville the same location as the first trial with a jury selected in Oktibbeha County, District Attorney John Champion confirmed Tuesday.

The Dispatch newspaper of Columbus and Starkville first reported Friday that an order entered in Oktibbeha County Circuit Court last week indicated the jury would come from there. The order calls for a jury pool of at least 300 to be drawn Sept. 24, the day the retrial is scheduled to begin.

The Batesville venue will remain the same, Champion said.

"None of that has changed," Champion said. "As far as I know, the jury will be selected there (Oktibbeha County), brought to Batesville and sequestered."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

...and Injustice for most

« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »

I will be happy when she gets justice and I can move this to SOLVED.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2018, 08:41:22 PM »

I will be happy when she gets justice and I can move this to SOLVED.

Agree. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2018/09/19/jessica-chambers-quinton-tellis-retrial-burning-death/1226105002/

Quinton Tellis retrial in Jessica Chambers' burning death set to begin Monday
Published 6:00 a.m. CT Sept. 19, 2018

The jury panel will be drawn from Oktibbeha County, some 120 miles southeast of Batesville. Batesville is about 60 miles south of Memphis.

Selection begins Monday morning in the Oktibbeha county seat of Starkville, where a pool of at least 300 potential jurors was called.

Attorneys on both sides hope a jury and alternates will be seated in a single day and transported Monday night to Batesville, where they will be sequestered for the duration of the trial. If that timeline holds, testimony will begin Tuesday.

The scenario is reminiscent of the first trial, when jurors were selected in South Mississippi's Pike County in one day then driven to Batesville for the trial.

Testimony is expected to focus largely on the same points as the first trial. Prosecutors are expected, however, to introduce at least one new witness who they believe will bolster their case. 

Alton Peterson of Jackson, who represents Tellis along with Darla Palmer of Jackson, said the defense case will continue to focus on the belief that someone named "Eric" committed the crime and not Tellis.

He said no new witnesses are expected for the defense, though that could change in the days before testimony begins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.