April 19, 2024, 01:48:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bud and June Runion - South Georgia - January 23, 2015/ Deceased  (Read 15586 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »

Police: Vehicle, bodies found in search for missing Cobb couple
5:40 p.m. EST January 26, 2015

<snipped>

According to investigators, Elrey and his 66-year-old wife June Runion were last was heard from on Thursday, Jan. 23.

In a news conference on Monday afternoon, Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said the vehicle of the missing couple was found submerged in a body of water. Two bodies -- one man and one female -- were found nearby. Those bodies have not been identified, and their causes of their deaths have not been determined.

Earlier on Monday, a suspect in the case was taken in police custody.

Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns turned himself in to the Telfair County Sheriff's Office. Steverson said the suspect's father arranged a meeting with his son and investigators, and Towns was taken into custody at that meeting.

Sunday afternoon, Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said investigators had identified a suspect. There were two active warrants out for Towns -- one for making false statements to investigators and the other for criminal attempt to commit theft by deception. Steverson emphasized these were the only charges against Towns, but said that authorities are working to determine if other charges are involved.

Steverson said that he believes Towns had something to do with the couple's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/2015/01/24/police-searching-for-missing-couple/22283503/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »

So sad. 
Thanks for the updates, Tamikosmom.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/suspect-in-custody-in-case-of-missing-marietta-cou/njxGW/

Heartbreak as Marietta couple’s bodies found
8:50 p.m. Monday, Jan. 26, 2015

Jay Towns, 28, was arrested Monday in connection with a missing Marietta couple. (Photo: Telfair County Sheriff’s Office)

Towns surrendered late Monday morning accompanied by family members, Steverson said. He has “little to no” criminal history, Steverson said. Charges could be upgraded against Towns depending on the continuing investigation. Autopsies will be conducted on the couple, Steverson said.

“For now, he is the only subject that we are seeking,” Steverson said. “However, that could change.”

Steverson called Towns’ arrest uneventful. But around the same time, investigators found the Runions’ vehicle, a 2003 champagne-colored GMC Envoy, submerged in water. Later in the day, the two bodies were recovered nearby, police said.

The Runions had lived for more than three decades in their Marietta home, where they raised their children and more recently welcomed their grandchildren. June was a longtime second-grade teacher in Cobb County and was still working as a preschool instructor at Johnson Ferry Baptist, a daughter said Monday. Bud, retired from AT&T, used to collect old bicycle parts, restore them and build new bikes that he would deliver to underprivileged children at Christmas.

The GBI and Cobb County police assisted with the investigation.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 03:58:19 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/car-belonging-to-missing-georgia-couple-found-in-lake/ar-AA8BuIw

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »

Sheriff: Bodies identified as missing Georgia couple; suspect charged with murder, robbery
Published January 27, 2015

Officials Tuesday identified two bodies found near their car in a Georgia pond as as an elderly couple who had driven to the area to buy a classic Mustang.

Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said 69-year-old Elrey "Bud" Runion and his 66-year-old wife, June, were shot to death and that 28-year-old Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns of McRae has been charged with malice murder and armed robbery.

Steverson said robbery does appear to be the motive for the couple's killings, but he would not say whether the Runions were carrying cash or disclose other details about the case. On Monday, he said investigators had found no evidence that Towns owned the sort of classic car Runion was seeking.

Residents of McRae, a tiny city about 80 miles southeast of Macon, were stunned, trying to understand what happened to a young man who was known as a "very smart" and "good kid."

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/27/sheriff-bodies-identified-as-missing-georgia-couple-suspect-charged-with-murder/?intcmp=latestnews

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:51 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 08:39:58 PM »

Sheriff: Bodies identified as missing Georgia couple; suspect charged with murder, robbery
Published January 27, 2015

<snipped>

Towns appeared in court on Tuesday where a judge formally charged him with two counts of malice murder and armed robbery. Towns was denied bond and returned to Dodge County jail where he will remain until his next court appearance.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/27/sheriff-bodies-identified-as-missing-georgia-couple-suspect-charged-with-murder/?intcmp=latestnews

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »

Funeral Saturday for Marietta couple killed in Telfair County
Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015

The funeral for the Marietta couple killed on a trip to South Georgia to buy a Ford Mustang advertised on Craigslist will be Saturday, Channel 2 Action News reported.

The service for Bud and June Runion will be at 1 p.m. at Mt. Paran North Church of God, Marietta, the news station reported Wednesday.

<snipped>

A close friend and neighbor of the Marietta couple found shot to death called the Runions “the epitome” of the perfect neighbors.

I think we’re still in shock,” Tom Murphy said Wednesday. “Angry.”

<snipped>

When Murphy’s family moved next door to the Runions in 2006, “they greeted us the first 24 hours we were here, and June had a pie with her, and they were always there for us,” he told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, adding that the Runions “were the epitome of what you would like to have as a neighbor, somebody that’s warm and welcoming.”

Bud Runion “pretty much devoted his life to helping other people out,” Murphy said. “If I needed something, he was the first one there. Even if he was in the middle of something, he would drop what he was doing and come over and help.”

Murphy said Bud Runion had a charity called “Bud’s Bikes,” where he fixed up bikes or got new bikes and took them to kids who couldn’t afford them, sometimes delivering bikes to underprivileged children as far away as Kentucky and West Virginia.

A Vietnam veteran, Bud Runion flew an American flag from a pole in his front yard. Murphy said that after learning of the couple’s deaths, he and another neighbor came over and lowered the flag to half-mast.

“I thought it was appropriate,” he said.

<snipped>

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/runions-were-the-epitome-of-perfect-neighbors/njyXp/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 11:20:53 PM »

"As we continue our efforts, we wanted you to know that we will appear on Good Morning America and Inside Edition tomorrow and Fox and Friends Tuesday. Keep praying- 'the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective' (James 5:16)"

"Update: Ronnie Adrian "Jay" Towns in custody. Continue praying that he releases all information and for the safety and return of Bud and June."

"UPDATE: As several of you are aware, the Telfair County Sheriff's Office just held a press conference. They positively located the Runion's vehicle this morning submerged in a body of water. Nearby they also located two bodies. The investigation is still on going and the family and I will updated you all as soon as more information is released. During this heartbreaking time I ask that you keep the family and friends in your thoughts and prayers."

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. -1 Corinthians 13:13

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her -Ephesians 5:25

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. -1 John 4:7

Bud & June had an amazing love. They loved God and that is evident in how they lived.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

Mourners say a final goodbye to Runions
Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015

Elrey “Bud” and June Runion were remembered Saturday by hundreds who gathered in the couple’s church home of 28 years as people of strong faith, whose charity and generosity “was an expression of Christ’s love.”

Mourners began filing into Mt. Paran North Church of God in Marietta at 11:15 a.m., nearly two hours before the service was to start.

Ushers brought in sprays of roses, carnations, lilies and mums while friends of the Runions hugged and consoled each other.

Pink and red flowers adorned a shiny bicycle at the edge of the pulpit. It was reference to Bud’s Bicycle ministry, a charity he’d run for years restoring old bikes and giving them to children whose parents couldn’t afford to buy them new ones.

<snipped>

Just before the service began, video monitors across the front of the sanctuary flashed photos of the Runions through the years. In one, June held a grandchild. In another Bud mugged for the camera, a Christmas ribbon stuck to his forehead. Each image told the story of a couple and two generations of their family, one that appeared loving and happy.

In a video message to the congregation, Stephanie Bishop, Bud Runion’s oldest daughter and June’s stepdaughter, thanked parishioners for coming, telling them she wished she and two sisters could hug them all, but that talking to anyone but family now was “too hard.”

Among the mourners were members of an antique car club.

As the room filled, a choir rehearsed a song they would sing for the service.

“When He calls my name, I will rise. No more sorrow, no more pain. I will rise,” they sang.

During the service, Bud was remembered as someone who loved to sing hymns, and June as someone who could “actually sing.” She was a member of the church choir that sang every Sunday, with Bud sitting on a pew raising his voice along with her.

Pastor Mark Walker, who eulogized the couple, recalled how Bud had once told him that his preference in hymns ran toward the traditional, because those are the ones he sung when he served in Vietnam.

“They gave him the strength to survive,” Walker said.

One of their favorites was “Nothing But the Blood” of Jesus, which the congregation sang at the start of the service. In the first pews sat the Runions’ daughters, Stephanie, Virginia and Brittany, who were flanked by their husbands.

Walker alluded to the couple’s fate a in his remarks, saying that they were good people who lived “in a fallen world where death and evil are real.” But he admonished the mourners to take heart in what he believed would prove true, that “evil has not won the day. Justice will prevail.”

<snipped>

“Time and the Lord will allow us to heal and they will also allow us to forgive,” Walker said. “Bud and June walk hand in hand with their Lord and maker right now.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/mourners-gather-to-say-a-final-goodbye-to-runions/nj2Wj/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 08:42:35 PM »

Friday, Jan. 30, 2015 | Posted: 4:34 p.m. Friday, Jan. 30, 2015
GBI joins search for weapon that killed Cobb County couple

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is helping authorities in middle Georgia search for the weapon used to murder a Cobb County couple.

Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne had exclusive access as agents joined Telfair County deputies to search for the gun used to kill Bud and June Runion.

Deputies have charged Ronnie Towns, 28, with killing the Runions.

<snipped>

Friday, Winne spent the day with GBI agents as they executed a search warrant at a farm and a trailer tied to Towns.

"I'll continue to look for a weapon until we identify the weapon used in this crime," said Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson.

GBI agents from three field offices working with DNR officers helped with the search.

Authorities seized several guns and transported them to the GBI crime lab, according to Special Agent Eve Rodgers.

She asked any residents in Telfair County to report any discarded guns or possible evidence in the case.

The GBI plans to continue to search the area through the weekend, as family members gather for the Runion's funeral.

<snipped>

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/gbi-joins-search-weapon-killed-cobb-county-couple/njz8T/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »

Rest in Peace, Bud and June.   an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

Photos: Mourners bid farewell to Runion's at funeral

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/mourners-gather-to-say-a-final-goodbye-to-runions/nj2Wj/
Mourners say a final goodbye to Runions
2:56 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.