April 23, 2024, 11:08:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Univ. of Illinois Student Vicente Mundo Missing Since 1/25/15 in Champaign, IL Deceased  (Read 3882 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: January 30, 2015, 05:52:23 PM »

20 Year Old, University of Illinois Student Vicente Mundo Missing Since 1/25/15 in Champaign, IL

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/01/30/20-year-old-university-of-illinois-student-vicente-mundo-missing-since-12515-in-champaign-il/

20 year old Vicente Mundo has been missing since Sunday, January 25, 2015 in Champaign , Illinois. Vicente Mundo, a junior at the University of Illinois, was last seen on campus, near the corner of Third and Chalmers at about 7:15 pm. on January 25. His roommate told Mundo’s family that Vicente left their off-campus apartment to meet someone near his car around 6:45 pm Cell phone records show he made his last call around 7:12 pm Sunday.

Mundo lives in the 300 block of East Chalmers Street, Champaign. He is described as a Hispanic man with black hair and brown eyes, 6-feet-tall and weighing about 165 pounds. He drives a silver Acura TL with Illinois license plate number 2557BD.

Vicente Mundo is 6 feet tall and 140 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and of Hispanic descent. He was last seen wearing a navy down coat with a Blackhawks baseball hat.

Mundo was last seen 7:15 p.m. Sunday when he left an apartment on the U of I campus and went to his car — a 2006 silver Acura TL with a special edition Bears license plate 2557. Then, he never returned.

His sister tells WGN he went to meet someone there — another student maybe — but they don’t know why. Also missing is the college junior’s wallet, iPad, phone, and Acura. His sister says his grades are good and she isn’t aware of any problems in his life.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »

Police looking for missing U. of I. student

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/27977914/missing

U. of I. Police are looking for Vicente Mundo, 20, of Champaign, who was reported missing on Jan. 27. He was last seen around 7 p.m. on Jan. 25 at a friend's campus-area apartment in the 900 block of South Third Street, Champaign. Witnesses said that he left the apartment to meet a friend.

Mundo lives in the 300 block of East Chalmers Street, Champaign. He is described as a Hispanic man with black hair and brown eyes, 6-feet-tall and weighing about 165 pounds. He drives a silver Acura TL with Illinois license plate number 2557BD.

Witnesses said that the absence is out of character for Mundo. U. of I. Police and Champaign Police are investigating, and other area law enforcement agencies have been informed of the attempts to locate Mundo. Anyone with information should contact the University of Illinois Police Department at 217-333-1216 or the Champaign Police Department at 217-351-4545.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:13:28 PM »

sad news

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-02-02/updated-body-found-was-vicente-mundo-death-was-homicide.html

Updated: Body found was Vicente Mundo; death was homicide
Mon, 02/02/2015 - 4:08pm

A body found Saturday in Savoy is that of missing University of Illinois student Vicente Mundo, his family said, and law enforcement officials confirmed they are treating his death as a homicide.

On a Facebook page in Mundo’s honor, the family posted Monday afternoon: “With full, heavy hearts we announce that the body discovered on Saturday is our beloved Vicente. Please share memories, positive thoughts of him, his life and support for his family.”

The Champaign County sheriff’s office confirmed the identity in a release a short while later.

“Since first responding to the scene, the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office has been treating this as a homicide and the Coroner’s Office has also confirmed this,” the sheriff’s office said.

The sheriff’s office said authorities are still looking for Mr. Mundo’s car, a silver 2006 Acura TL with black rims and dark tinted windows, with Chicago Bears license plate 2557 BD. Along with the sheriff and coroner’s offices, the FBI, Champaign police, University of Illinois police and the Champaign County state’s attorney’s office have been involved in the investigation.

“At this point in time, there does not appear to be any connection between Mr. Mundo’s murder and the missing former student, Christian Zamora,” the sheriff’s office said.   

Authorities haven’t released any details yet, but the victim’s sister, Julieta LaMalfa, told The News-Gazette: “We know, and I do want to say, he did not suffer.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-sheriff-missing-u-of-i-student-found-slain-south-of-champaign-20150202-story.html

Sheriff: Missing U. of I. student found slain south of Champaign
February 2, 2015, 4:32 PM

A missing University of Illinois student from the South Side has been found dead about 10 miles south of Champaign, and police said they are conducting a homicide investigation..

The body of Vicente Mundo, 20, was found Saturday morning along a rural road near the small town of Tolono, according to the Champaign County Sheriff's Office. Authorities said they were "treating this as a homicide" but would not say how he died.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-02-03/arrests-made-mundo-murder-case.html

Arrests made in Mundo murder case
Tue, 02/03/2015 - 12:14pm | Mary Schenk

CHAMPAIGN - A drug deal gone bad was the apparent motive for the fatal shooting of a University of Illinois student last week.

Reginald James Scott, 21, of the 1000 block of Francis Drive, Champaign, and Daniel Gonzalez, 21, of Cicero, both Parkland College students, were arrested Monday for the Jan. 25 murder of Vicente Mundo, 20, of Champaign.

Speaking at an 11 a.m. news conference, Champaign County Sheriff Dan Walsh said the murder was "part of a pre-planned armed robbery involving small amounts of marijuana and cash."

He refused to answer when asked if Mr. Mundo was selling cannabis, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.

Mr. Mundo was fatally shot inside Gonzalez's car in the parking garage of his own apartment complex in the 300 block of East Chalmers Street.His body was later dumped northwest of Tolono along a tree line near the intersection of county roads 1000 E and 900 N. He was discovered Saturday morning.

Both Gonzalez's car, a Dodge Neon, and the gun believed used to shoot Mr. Mundo have been recovered by police. Police also found Mr. Mundo's car in Champaign Monday.

Champaign Police Chief Anthony Cobb said the case involving a missing former UI student, Cristian Zamora, is "active."

Champaign County State's Attorney Julia Rietz said Scott and Gonzalez will be charged with first-degree murder.

Gonzalez was apparently a friend of Mr. Mundo, according to his sister, Julieta LaMalfa.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83911676/

7:30 am, July 2, 2015

A Champaign man who pleaded guilty to killing a University of Illinois student during a drug-related robbery was sentenced Wednesday to 55 years in prison.

Reginald Scott, 21, was charged with first-degree murder in the January 2015 shooting death of Vicente Mundo of Chicago.

Scott showed little reaction as Judge Tom Difanis imposed the sentence, which was five years fewer than that sought by the state.

The News-Gazette in Champaign reports Difanis called the case "an absolute tragedy for both families."

"Mr. Scott wasn't raised to be a cold-blooded murderer. Mr. Mundo's family didn't send Vicente down here to get murdered. These are two young men basically gone forever," Difanis said.

"This despicable act was not committed out of rage, or hate, or fear, nor any other strong provocation on the part of the defendants — just their cold, inexcusable, despicable greed," he said.

Mundo, 20, a junior majoring in statistics, was last seen Jan. 25 as he left a friend's apartment after receiving a call. Authorities say Mundo was shot in the head while trying to escape from the auto of Scott's accomplice Daniel Gonzalez, 21.

Police say the suspects took Mundo's body to an area northwest of Tolono and left the body near a tree line. A woman walking her dog on a country road days later found Mundo's body. By then, investigators had examined Mundo's cellphone, which they said established a link to Gonzalez, who had made arrangements to purchase cannabis from Mondo.

Gonzalez also faces a first-degree murder charge in Mundo's death. He has pleaded not guilty.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.