March 19, 2024, 04:16:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 383644 times)
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« on: June 22, 2005, 06:33:11 AM »

A new thread for news and discussions. NEW name for thread.. RBN #...

Please try to stay on topic.  If you feel the need to "chit chat" please feel free to use our new "CHIT CHAT" topic while you wait for news.

PLEASE visit the link below with Tom and Red's WEBLOG for summaries of the information gathered here.

www.scaredmonkeys.com

Please be sure to read the TROLLS announcement. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A gentle reminder, that at times we get heated and angry over something we read. Perhaps something someone else says. When you feel yourself typing out things you would "never say to a person if they were standing in front of you", well.. that is the time to step away.

Get a coffee, watch some TV, hug your hubby/wife, take a walk, take a shower.... take a break. Go watch the sunset.

This is a highly emotional issue that has dragged on for weeks (and might go for weeks more).

Remember, we are all real people with real feelings. Sometimes, when we type out "words" they aren't taken in the same context that we meant them.

Give others the same latitude you would like them to give you. Don't assume the worst, look for how that person could have meant something other than the worst.

Life's too short. We are not lost... our loved ones know where we are.

Be thankful.

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
nitjus4fun
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 06:58:57 AM »

For anyone wanting to make donations to support the Hollway family in their quest to find Natalee......

Contributions may be made at any AmSouth Bank or by mail to Natalee Holloway Trust, AmSouth Bank, P.O. Box 11426, Birmingham, AL 35202. Specify on the check that the donation is for the search effort.
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 07:12:12 AM »

New to posts here but have been following for some time. After reading Wonderwomans email post, some issues came to mind re the authenticity of the email. I have noticed the following and wonder what your thoughts are: 1) police was spelled with the American spelling. Isn't it spelled polis in Aruba? Why would an Arubian spell it differently? 2). Van der Sloot is spelled VANDER SLOOT in the email. If this was your friend, wouldn't you spell his name right? 3) References to "God". Don't the Surinam practice Winti, Hindu and Muslim religions in most cases.  
Just a thought. Sorry if I'm off base

"Leave no stone unturned"
nitjus4fun
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 07:19:14 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
New to posts here but have been following for some time. After reading Wonderwomans email post, some issues came to mind re the authenticity of the email. I have noticed the following and wonder what your thoughts are: 1) police was spelled with the American spelling. Isn't it spelled polis in Aruba? Why would an Arubian spell it differently? 2). Van der Sloot is spelled VANDER SLOOT in the email. If this was your friend, wouldn't you spell his name right? 3) References to "God". Don't the Surinam practice Winti, Hindu and Muslim religions in most cases.  

That is likely the best review of that E-mail I have seen.... ALL GREAT POINTS.....
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 07:19:24 AM »

I would agree...I think that e-mail is a hoax. I was discussing it last night it was copied and pasted with no header information or IP addresses and no way to even verify if it came from Aruba.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 07:31:37 AM »

Good points. Some Hindu's do name God, as do all Muslims.
Still I think the e-mail is bogus.
However I do find some of the references to his family's distress troubling. His father's high-blood pressure, mother crying all the time, his older bother trying to reassure him -  it has a ring of truth.
Very disturbing. Confused

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 07:38:48 AM »

from hasibokos this am - largely a recap of what's been discussed -

Beth Holloway meets with the van der Sloots: Hasibokso.com has learned that the mother of Natalee Holloway, Beth Holloway, met with Paulus and Anita van der Sloot on Tuesday.  According to Novum (Dutch press), Beth Holloway did not go into details afterwards, she only described the meeting with Jorans parents as “positive”.

UPDATE 32:The Dutch media is also reporting that 17 (volunteering) search experts from Texas EquuSearch will arrive in Aruba on Wednesday to search for Natalee Holloway. According to the newsreports, the experts are coming with dogs, scuba gear and sonar instruments. One of the volunteers, Joe Houston, said that the fact that they are going to search for Natalee does not mean that the search efforts until now have been conducted poorly. According to Houston, they have a lot of experience with searching for persons who are dead or alive. In this case the volunteers will try to find Natalee to bring the family some peace. Depending on the donations, the volunteers will remain at least one week in Aruba. The Aruban government doesn’t have any problems with the volunteers that, according to spokesperson Ruben Trapenburg, will be treated as tourist. Trapenburg declared that the specialized equipment that the volunteers are bringing is definitely welcome. Mariaine Croes from the Public Prosecutioin indicated that the volunteers will play, just as the FBI, only an advisory role. The head of the investigation will remain in the hands of the Aruban police who have to present anytime some (potential) evidence is found. Otherwise these will not be permissible in court.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
north-of-north
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 07:39:25 AM »

Quote from: "nitjus4fun"

That is likely the best review of that E-mail I have seen.... ALL GREAT POINTS.....

Yes!
I went to sleeep thinking of this.
And I had seen on one of the brothers ticklesites, I think, as religion was Hindu...
And thats a good point on the spelling of the name.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 07:58:18 AM »

Good morning everyone! Anything new happening over night? The search team arrives today right? Anyone know if they immediately begin their search today or will it be tomorrow? Just wondering....

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 08:02:24 AM »

Good morning momto5. According to CNN the search team was delayed due to problems with chartering a plane and restrictions on bringing the search dogs in. Arrival now expected on Friday

mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 08:04:23 AM »

momto5 - they plan to meet with aruban authorities to go over what's been done, etc.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/21/aruba.holloway/index.html?section=cnn_latest

this article from cnn this am explains about the search, the legal brief filed by natalee's family and about certain experts brought in to observe the interrogations.

edited to make link clickable - hope i don't blow the margins.

momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 08:04:41 AM »

Good morning momto5. According to CNN the search team was delayed due to problems with chartering a plane and restrictions on bringing the search dogs in. Arrival now expected on Friday

Ok thanks for the update much appreciated!!
Been trying to keep up here, but its hard with so many posts on the board. I think Im doing alright tho.

mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 08:09:44 AM »

tkubi7 - i'm confused. is CNN reporting that and have not yet updated their site?

thx

another monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 08:15:10 AM »

Fox News is going to have someone in Aruba of the search team from Texas on in just minutes. Guess CNN was wrong about their postponing til Friday!
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 08:17:24 AM »

thx anothermonkey for clarifying that because as you can see, the story above says they were to arrive last night!

momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 08:19:04 AM »

Quote from: "another monkey"
Fox News is going to have someone in Aruba of the search team from Texas on in just minutes. Guess CNN was wrong about their postponing til Friday!

Thank you. I thought I heard on fox they were taking the red eye. I guess they did after all. Hope they can find her!!

tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 08:20:51 AM »

mojo, here's the link if I did it right.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/22/aruba.holloway/

roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 08:24:26 AM »

Did wonderwoman post the rest of the email lastnight?
When I left lastnight she only posted half.
Please let me know I don't want to wade through 300 posts to find it

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »

Quote from: "CNN"
Meanwhile, Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, told an Aruba television station that she had met by chance with the parents of 17-year-old Joran Van Der Sloot, one of four suspects in custody.
Twitty said she met Van Der Sloot's mother, Anita, while handing out prayer cards and fliers on behalf of her daughter in the parents' neighborhood, and she was invited into the family's home.

Huh?  Greta said she took Beth to the VDS home  Question
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 08:27:37 AM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"
Did wonderwoman post the rest of the email lastnight?
When I left lastnight she only posted half.
Please let me know I don't want to wade through 300 posts to find it

Yes, RL, she did.  

::edit:   AMiller has provided a link on page 2, post #3)   edit::
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.