March 18, 2024, 09:48:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 383586 times)
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1040 on: June 22, 2005, 04:42:20 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
I have a feeling that fallout today from last night's interaction with NH's mom and the Van Der Sloots, along with the rest of the Greta show will create the real bombshells on tonight's Greta show.

There is a good bet of that since we didn't have shep going to greta like yesterday at 3pm. EST She must be BUSY.

Absolut and others.....was there a lot of hubbub on Arubian radio and in newspapers from last night's Greta? I think it was really motivating to help all remember the main goal...seeing both families in pain.....I think it had same effect in Aruba as here. Made it more personal. That's my opinion. I think because of that, people fell charged up again about the main goal. Find her; find out why; find out who; find out when.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1041 on: June 22, 2005, 04:42:54 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
::::ducking under table for cover::::

Has anyone thought, since the interrigations are lasting 11 hours at times that MAYBE, just maybe it could go something like we see when we watch video recordings of US police coercing confesions?

After so many hours, doesn't anyone think it plausible, just about anyone could agree to whatever story, is being asked or lead to? I mean, it does happen a lot. Heck, even happens in court a lot of the time, when someone made one statement but an attorney leads them under oath to another story by leading...

Just a thought of why we might get 10 changing versions...

Yep I have thought it and the down side for the detainee if you are told "we found a body but...." or something similar, they have no idea of what to believe. They are getting news and they can't read this forum. Sad

Many people have confessed etc to things not true just to go to bed or being promised to go home etc.. I think we all know where I go with this.. not saying it's what is happening but I for one after 11 hours would go nuts.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1042 on: June 22, 2005, 04:43:22 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
Has anyone given thought to what exactly Grate was up to last night bringing the 2 families together - as a lawyer was that a wise move - as a journalist it certainly was - but is she losing her objectivity - from a legal perspective was it a smart move - where are the recovering lawyers in the group.

It's been mentioned it might be witness tampering or some such thing.  Not sure.  I rather doubt Greta would do anything to put the case at risk. Plus, this visit was planned ahead.  Who knows though...sure hope not.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1043 on: June 22, 2005, 04:43:28 PM »

CaliGirl wrote:

Has anyone thought, since the interrigations are lasting 11 hours at times that MAYBE, just maybe it could go something like we see when we watch video recordings of US police coercing confesions?

After so many hours, doesn't anyone think it plausible, just about anyone could agree to whatever story, is being asked or lead to? I mean, it does happen a lot. Heck, even happens in court a lot of the time, when someone made one statement but an attorney leads them under oath to another story by leading...

This kind of interrogation is not allowed in the dutch justice system it`s very controversial here. It even could lead to dismissal by the judge on that fact alone.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: June 22, 2005, 04:43:32 PM »

Has anyone given thought to what exactly Grate was up to last night bringing the 2 families together - as a lawyer was that a wise move - as a journalist it certainly was - but is she losing her objectivity - from a legal perspective was it a smart move - where are the recovering lawyers in the group.

It is possible the VDS, the gov't and the police all knew they were coming and ok'd it in some form.
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: June 22, 2005, 04:43:43 PM »

i would still hold my breath for the possibility of recordings from GVS's and/or BHT's wireless lav mics while inside the VDS household Surprised

-as soon as they were spotted coming down the path out of the door, you could hear their audio which leads me to believe that their transmitter packs were left in the on position

think positive
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1046 on: June 22, 2005, 04:44:58 PM »

Abraham was with his wife & her friend. Mickey John was not at the SBF. If you go back in the interviews with his attorney, the woman attorney, and his mother, MJ was at the HI but left at midnight.

Thanks, cancunmole!

woman who just came back from Aruba, who recognized one as someone who bothered her

georgiablues, all she said he did was try some lame pickup lines on her on a couple of mornings when she was out jogging and she passed by. It may have seemed disturbing or odd to her, I don't know anything about her, but men do try to talk up women and in resort towns I don't think that it is a less common occurrence. I remember this came up before, and my comment was that it seemed more of an issue for the man's significant other than for law enforcement! Smile
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1047 on: June 22, 2005, 04:45:08 PM »

Ok bickering is probably not what we want CNN viewers to see when they drop by in the 30-45 mins to an hour.

Company is coming - everyone act like they like each other  Laughing
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1048 on: June 22, 2005, 04:45:30 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
CaliGirl wrote:

That is what I thought HannieC. Wasn't sure if they changed the law or something when I heard that verified last night in front of the prison. I thought it to be rumor, even when Anit VDS stated it. I about fell int he floor when I heard it regardless of how I feel about his being a minor.

This kind of interrogation is not allowed in the dutch justice system it`s very controversial here. It even could lead to dismissal by the judge on that fact alone.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1049 on: June 22, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »

::::ducking under table for cover::::

Yep I have thought it and the down side for the detainee if you are told "we found a body but...." or something similar, they have no idea of what to believe. They are getting news and they can't read this forum. Sad

Many people have confessed etc to things not true just to go to bed or being promised to go home etc.. I think we all know where I go with this.. not saying it's what is happening but I for one after 11 hours would go nuts.

False confession is not as common as one would hear. It almost always involves lower mental capacity. Long interrogations are the result of hammering on inconsistencies given by the person getting interrogated. That's the key. When it's long, it's because during interrogation, initial one, there were many known untruths combined with finer changes and alterations of events. That's the reason they're long when they are long ones.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1050 on: June 22, 2005, 04:47:14 PM »

think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1051 on: June 22, 2005, 04:47:49 PM »

Quote from: "ScubaSteve"
Quote from: "jpepling"
Quote from: "xcptnl"
A couple of pages ago someone was talking about sharks around Aruba and I believe everyone said there are sharks around the island.  Now to my part that I cannot remember - wasn't it somewhere that it was said that Natalee wanted to go look at sharks?  Didn't one of the boys say that?  Isn't that a bit odd?

It would be ignorant to think there are no sharks around Aruba, but there really are not many at all.  I know people who have scuba'd and snorkled there for years and have seen at most only a few sharks between them.  There is a rumor going around about a shark feeding area on the north coast to keep them away from the tourists.  That is absolutely not true.  I remember seeing one post about her wanting to see sharks, but the truth is, living on the island, Joren would have very well known that he couldn't take her to the beach to see them.  Particularly at night.

Just want to clear the record on the shark theory...

Jp,

What infomation do you have to verify that the feeding area on the north coast is untrue?  I have heard the exact opposite.  And isn't it true the sharks feed during the night and early morning?  If anything it would be easier for him to take her to see them at night.. I think?

All I was trying to point out was that it was said by one of the three that Natalee wanted to go see the sharks (whether they exist or not is irrevelant).  I just got to thinking - how would Natalee know about the old feeding site??  I think a lot of people that even know alot about Aruba was not aware of the old dumping site.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: June 22, 2005, 04:48:56 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....

It's a theory, and not a bad one. What time did they get back to HI from dealing with the concert that ended at 11.
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1053 on: June 22, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Abraham was with his wife & her friend. Mickey John was not at the SBF. If you go back in the interviews with his attorney, the woman attorney, and his mother, MJ was at the HI but left at midnight.

woman who just came back from Aruba, who recognized one as someone who bothered her

georgiablues, all she said he did was try some lame pickup lines on her on a couple of mornings when she was out jogging and she passed by. It may have seemed disturbing or odd to her, I don't know anything about her, but men do try to talk up women and in resort towns I don't think that it is a less common occurrence. I remember this came up before, and my comment was that it seemed more of an issue for the man's significant other than for law enforcement! Smile

--MJ was hitting on her? He is the one who is married with kids, right? and was the tourist woman white?(just curious)

think positive
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1054 on: June 22, 2005, 04:49:15 PM »

It's always the little things in a person's version that cause their downfall. It's never like in the movies. In addition, there are loaded questions where the true answer is already known and undisputed; you then ask the perp, and they lie about it, and you know they are doing that because they are trying to lead you away. It's not like the movies. It's a fine art. And.....false confessions are truly almost non-exsistant.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1055 on: June 22, 2005, 04:49:21 PM »

True Rob. It is speculated Amy Bradley was taken in that manner, people who were traveling (aka band members employed on the ship...I think that is correct  Confused ). You might have something there.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: June 22, 2005, 04:49:34 PM »

BETTER ADD THE CONCERT SECURITY GUARDS TO THE LIST.  GUYS ON THE ROAD GET ANTSY AND LOOK FOR TROUBLE SOMETIMES.  

NOW, TELL ME WHAT IS NEW WITH THIS FOX TEASER?  I THOUGHT WE HEARD FROM ONE OF THE RELEASED SECURITY GUARDS THAT JORAN SAID THE KALPOES DROPPED HIM HOME AND WENT ON WITH NATALEE.  DOES THAT NOT BLAME THE KALPOES IMPLICITLY?  SO LEJUEZ GETS HIS CLIENT TO BAD MOUTH JOREN WIHT THE KALPOE VERSION (LEFT JOREN AND NATALEE AT MARRIOTT)  AND THE OTHER LAWYER GEST HIS TO DUMP ON KALPOES).  IS THIS WHAT JOREN'S ATTORNEY WAS DISCIPLINED FOR?  

WE KNOW THREE VERSIONS:  WHAT AP INITIALLY REPORTED AND PERHAPS WHAT THEY TOLD TWITTIES.  WHAT JOHN SAID ABOUT KALPOE AND WHAT JOHN SAID ABOUT JOREN.  

I SUSPECT GRETA IS VISITING THE KALPOES TODAY.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1057 on: June 22, 2005, 04:49:43 PM »

Can anyone confirm whether C&C's allows its patrons to leave their establishment with drinks in hand?
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1058 on: June 22, 2005, 04:50:31 PM »

That's very disturbing and not what I want to ponder.

:::sticking head in sand:::
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1059 on: June 22, 2005, 04:50:50 PM »

I heard on the tv for what that is worth that Joran's parents had a run in with the Brother's parents?  I was not really listening because I thought they were talking about Nat's stepday and VDS sr. at first, but then they talked about heated words between these parents.

Anyone else actually PAY ATTENTION, since obviously I did not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.