July 23, 2018, 10:41:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 297226 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #1060 on: June 22, 2005, 04:50:55 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Rob"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....


It's a theory, and not a bad one. What time did they get back to HI from dealing with the concert that ended at 11.


i dont even know if this works bc of the changing stories, depends on which story is current i guess.....
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #1061 on: June 22, 2005, 04:51:31 PM »

Yesterday I wrote of something that happens here a while ago.

The guys were suspects of murdering a woman here in Holland.
The interrogation was |I think a bit the same as what we talked about, but fact of the matter is they both plaid guilty...... because of pressure and supposedly the cops that interrogate said things like;  We watch your wife , we watch your children go to school we post at your house. etc.

The spent over 6 years in prison while they were innocent!!

Only becuase they couldn`t handle the pressure and say that they did it!

So that leaves you wondering ...what a 17 year old could say if adults can`t handle that kind of pressure also!!
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1062 on: June 22, 2005, 04:51:49 PM »

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2

I thought Natalee was an honors student with like a 4.0+ gpa?
Logged
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 226


« Reply #1063 on: June 22, 2005, 04:52:04 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote


There is NO WAY Greta or any good journalist will give an email like this any serious look without verification.  It's the same thing many of us asked for here.  Journalists receive all kinds of emails from people claiming to be someone, they are used to doing a full check on the emails validity.  Without header and IP tracking info, this will never get attention.

The best thing you can do is to find the person who received the email, have them send the full email, including header to the authorities and media too...

Edited to add:  The FBI is the LE agency who handles email and Internet transmissions as they are sent across state and country borders.


I said pretty much the same thing last night. No journalist worth their salt will bother with what amounts to (in the form we saw it, anyway) a phantom story that could have been written by anyone.  

So if anyone has anything that turns the email from myth to concrete fact and wants to see the story grow legs, best forward it to the media outlets already in possession of said note.
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1064 on: June 22, 2005, 04:52:47 PM »

Scaredmonkeys got bumped by Breaking news from UTAH Brennan press conferance.
Logged
KerinTX
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1142


« Reply #1065 on: June 22, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....


THIS is the first post I see when I come back to the forum!!! OK...WHOA...stop the presses!!!
Logged

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 862



« Reply #1066 on: June 22, 2005, 04:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
It's always the little things in a person's version that cause their downfall. It's never like in the movies. In addition, there are loaded questions where the true answer is already known and undisputed; you then ask the perp, and they lie about it, and you know they are doing that because they are trying to lead you away. It's not like the movies. It's a fine art. And.....false confessions are truly almost non-exsistant.


I know of more than I can count on my hands that have been in the news, so I have to disagree there.

That's the whole reason those law students opened up (grr forgot the name) the free legal research outlet. I know of many schools who have followed suit to their lead.
Logged
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #1067 on: June 22, 2005, 04:54:09 PM »

cali check your pm
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #1068 on: June 22, 2005, 04:54:13 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote


There is NO WAY Greta or any good journalist will give an email like this any serious look without verification.  It's the same thing many of us asked for here.  Journalists receive all kinds of emails from people claiming to be someone, they are used to doing a full check on the emails validity.  Without header and IP tracking info, this will never get attention.

The best thing you can do is to find the person who received the email, have them send the full email, including header to the authorities and media too...

Edited to add:  The FBI is the LE agency who handles email and Internet transmissions as they are sent across state and country borders.


I said pretty much the same thing last night. No journalist worth their salt will bother with what amounts to (in the form we saw it, anyway) a phantom story that could have been written by anyone.  

So if anyone has anything that turns the email from myth to concrete fact and wants to see the story grow legs, best forward it to the media outlets already in possession of said note.


We have a whole thread just for the email and the discussions related to it.
Logged
Ting
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 362



« Reply #1069 on: June 22, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »

Quote
MJ was hitting on her? He is the one who is married with kids, right?


I don't remember which one she said it was, and I would assume that he was just messing around, not actually attempting to hit on her, and would probably have been quite discombobulated had she said oh yeah let's go, rock my world baby.
Logged
Red
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 240


« Reply #1070 on: June 22, 2005, 04:54:32 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "sandy"
Has anyone given thought to what exactly Grate was up to last night bringing the 2 families together - as a lawyer was that a wise move - as a journalist it certainly was - but is she losing her objectivity - from a legal perspective was it a smart move - where are the recovering lawyers in the group.


It's been mentioned it might be witness tampering or some such thing.  Not sure.  I rather doubt Greta would do anything to put the case at risk. Plus, this visit was planned ahead.  Who knows though...sure hope not.


I am struggling with that one. I hardly doubte that rating are not just a little more important than anything to the media.
Logged
KerinTX
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1142


« Reply #1071 on: June 22, 2005, 04:54:51 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2

I thought Natalee was an honors student with like a 4.0+ gpa?


Could be like in TX...a 4.0 student, but on a 6.0 scale.
Logged

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
tuberide
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 182



« Reply #1072 on: June 22, 2005, 04:54:57 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....


not dismissing any possibility in what you said Rob, but would like to add that in my experience working on island productions, alot of the time the satging equip and other gear is traveled via ship...also many times the staging crew, lighting crew as well as the security is crewed by one of several prominent inter-island prodcution companies
Logged

think positive
georgiablues
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 96



« Reply #1073 on: June 22, 2005, 04:55:17 PM »

Quote from: "melrose"
Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "georgiablues"
 
Yeah...I remember having questions about this way back:  It was stated early on that HI security didn't wear black, nor (I think) did those of the agency hired by the Allegro.  BUT, the guards for the concert/music fest did wear black and that they were "flown in" from somewhere else.  I remember wondering if this angle was checked out.



hmmmm, flown in... thats kinda weird... did they arrive on a private jet?

you know where im going....


where were they imported from?


I would love to go back & find this but I think it was over in the blog section before we moved "over here" Shocked  Shocked ....there are thousands of miles of posts over there from those days ....no easy way to search, is there?

<<Cali - we used that word in HS - only ours was co-inkidink  Very Happy >>
Logged
CancunMole
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1074 on: June 22, 2005, 04:55:26 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Anyone knows what time the festival ended?


That Sunday night was the last night of the Festival............

I've wondered about that possibility..........
Logged
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 862



« Reply #1075 on: June 22, 2005, 04:56:20 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Yesterday I wrote of something that happens here a while ago.

The guys were suspects of murdering a woman here in Holland.
The interrogation was |I think a bit the same as what we talked about, but fact of the matter is they both plaid guilty...... because of pressure and supposedly the cops that interrogate said things like;  We watch your wife , we watch your children go to school we post at your house. etc.

The spent over 6 years in prison while they were innocent!!

Only becuase they couldn`t handle the pressure and say that they did it!

So that leaves you wondering ...what a 17 year old could say if adults can`t handle that kind of pressure also!!


Agreed HannieC!!

People seem to lose compassion and forget it happens. Sorry, if it only happens once, it's one time too many. There has been many cases, not to mention of people jsut pleading to deals afraid of trials.

Justice can still be blind either for victims or those accused in the end. That's a whole other topic though! lol  Wink
Logged
cancon
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 179


« Reply #1076 on: June 22, 2005, 04:56:27 PM »

if Joran is pointing at the brothers now, clearly they don't get Fox News in jail or he would know his own mother told Greta that his story is he left Natalee on the beach near the Marriott........
Logged
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1


« Reply #1077 on: June 22, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »

My school give a chord to honor graduates--and they have to have a certain average.

Other students can even make the a honor roll every time and not quite be high enough to have that chord.  

Honor graduate and honor student not always equal.
Logged
CancunMole
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #1078 on: June 22, 2005, 04:57:05 PM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"
I think if I were 17 y/o and was being questioned for 11 hrs. a day for days at a time I might change my story a few times too. That is a type of torture (i.e. sleep depravation, ect.) As a matter of fact, I might just even attempt suicide! A lot of seasoned criminals can't even last as long.  Could you?


The attorney that walks around with Greta said last night that they cannot interrogate from 10 PM to 8 AM.
Logged
da wench
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 352



« Reply #1079 on: June 22, 2005, 04:57:30 PM »

^Poppin my head in^  Any new news???
Logged

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 0.151 seconds with 19 queries.