March 18, 2024, 11:06:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 383598 times)
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1080 on: June 22, 2005, 04:57:32 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
It's always the little things in a person's version that cause their downfall. It's never like in the movies. In addition, there are loaded questions where the true answer is already known and undisputed; you then ask the perp, and they lie about it, and you know they are doing that because they are trying to lead you away. It's not like the movies. It's a fine art. And.....false confessions are truly almost non-exsistant.

I know of more than I can count on my hands that have been in the news, so I have to disagree there.

That's the whole reason those law students opened up (grr forgot the name) the free legal research outlet. I know of many schools who have followed suit to their lead.

I know of only two, both were lower mental capcity and events were long ago. I have been in the middle of more interrogations than I can count; it's an art; they're good to the point, it's scary.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1081 on: June 22, 2005, 04:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "Rob"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....

not dismissing any possibility in what you said Rob, but would like to add that in my experience working on island productions, alot of the time the satging equip and other gear is traveled via ship...also many times the staging crew, lighting crew as well as the security is crewed by one of several prominent inter-island prodcution companies

wasnt alilah killed on a plane that was overloaded with equipment doing basically the same type of tour..?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1082 on: June 22, 2005, 04:58:15 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"

There is NO WAY Greta or any good journalist will give an email like this any serious look without verification.  It's the same thing many of us asked for here.  Journalists receive all kinds of emails from people claiming to be someone, they are used to doing a full check on the emails validity.  Without header and IP tracking info, this will never get attention.

The best thing you can do is to find the person who received the email, have them send the full email, including header to the authorities and media too...

Edited to add:  The FBI is the LE agency who handles email and Internet transmissions as they are sent across state and country borders.

I said pretty much the same thing last night. No journalist worth their salt will bother with what amounts to (in the form we saw it, anyway) a phantom story that could have been written by anyone.  

So if anyone has anything that turns the email from myth to concrete fact and wants to see the story grow legs, best forward it to the media outlets already in possession of said note.

We have a whole thread just for the email and the discussions related to it.

Whose quote is in the center?  I never wrote that?
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1083 on: June 22, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »

false confessions may be rare but they happen enough to be a concern, esp when you have police officers under tremendous pressure to get a conviction and they've haven't kept an open mind in the investigation........

a confession obtained under duress can be thrown out as evidence, the cops have to tread a very fine line
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1084 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:19 PM »

CancunMole wrote:

That Sunday night was the last night of the Festival............

I've wondered about that possibility..........

Yes but I mean what time that sunday night? b/c people are likely to stay on the beach after this is my guess. There must have been people around on the beach maybe also the blackdressed guards etc.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1085 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:33 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2

I thought Natalee was an honors student with like a 4.0+ gpa?

Could be like in TX...a 4.0 student, but on a 6.0 scale.

In her grad pics she was wearing the honors cord thingy w/ her cap & gown *shrugs*

Does it really matter?

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1086 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:35 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....

not dismissing any possibility in what you said Rob, but would like to add that in my experience working on island productions, alot of the time the satging equip and other gear is traveled via ship...also many times the staging crew, lighting crew as well as the security is crewed by one of several prominent inter-island prodcution companies

Ship...that would work as well.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1087 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »

Scaredmonkeys got bumped by Breaking news from UTAH Brennan press conferance.

Scared Monkeys can certainly live with getting bumped by a great human interest story that had such a positive and happy out come.

There is always tomorrow ... tune in same Monkey time ... same Monkey channel ...
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1088 on: June 22, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »

i d start looking at that tour group... i think they got as much outta those three idiots as they can....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1089 on: June 22, 2005, 05:00:16 PM »

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2

Interesting find, absolut.  I never heard she was 4.0, just that she was a good student. Looks like they only had a handful of honors students, so perhaps the standards were pretty high.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1090 on: June 22, 2005, 05:00:22 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"

There is NO WAY Greta or any good journalist will give an email like this any serious look without verification.  It's the same thing many of us asked for here.  Journalists receive all kinds of emails from people claiming to be someone, they are used to doing a full check on the emails validity.  Without header and IP tracking info, this will never get attention.

The best thing you can do is to find the person who received the email, have them send the full email, including header to the authorities and media too...

Edited to add:  The FBI is the LE agency who handles email and Internet transmissions as they are sent across state and country borders.

I said pretty much the same thing last night. No journalist worth their salt will bother with what amounts to (in the form we saw it, anyway) a phantom story that could have been written by anyone.  

So if anyone has anything that turns the email from myth to concrete fact and wants to see the story grow legs, best forward it to the media outlets already in possession of said note.

We have a whole thread just for the email and the discussions related to it.

Whose quote is in the center?  I never wrote that?

LilOrphan wrote: looks like to me.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1091 on: June 22, 2005, 05:01:06 PM »

Awwwww, little Brennan such a cute guy. Soooo happy he's home, safe!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1092 on: June 22, 2005, 05:01:16 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
CancunMole wrote:

That Sunday night was the last night of the Festival............

I've wondered about that possibility..........

Yes but I mean what time that sunday night? b/c people are likely to stay on the beach after this is my guess. There must have been people around on the beach maybe also the blackdressed guards etc.
concert was from 7-11

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1093 on: June 22, 2005, 05:01:49 PM »

I know you are busy so this is not a whine.

did anyone else hear about a confrontation between the boys families?
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1094 on: June 22, 2005, 05:02:31 PM »

I HOPE THE DUTCH STANDARDS OF INTERROGATION ARE BEING FOLLOWED BUT I WOULD NOT BE SO SURE.  THIS IS NOT THE METROPOLE. THIS IS THE FAR REACHES OF THE REALM.  FROM WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED ABOUT PRISON CONDITIONS IN ARUBA, WE MIGHT EXTRAPOLATE ABOUT TINTERROGATION STANDARDS TOO.  IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE DUTCH ARE REAL STINGY WITH THEIR POSSESSIONS.  THEY INVEST AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.  IS THERE A LAW FACULTY IN THE NED ANTILLES/ARUBA?  WHY DO THEY HAVE TO IMPORT SO MANY DUTCH JUDICIAL PERSONNEL (LIKE PAULUS V/D SLOOT)?  

FINALLY, THEY ARE REAL MOTIVATED TO MAKE CHARGES STICK ON THESE GUYS,  IF THAY CAN'T THEY WILL HAVE TO START OVER FROM SCRATCH.  THAT WILL NO BE PRETTY IF IT HAPPENS.  

BY THE WAY, ALL CITIZENS OF THE REALM CARRY DUTCH PASSPORTS, INCLUDING ARUBANS.  SURINAMERS WHO LEFT BEFORE INDEPENDENCE IN NOVEMBER 1975 ARE ALSO DUTCH CITIZENS.  OTHER DUTCH POSSESSION S IN THE AREA INCLUDE BONAIRE, ST MAARTEN, ST EUSTATIUS, AND SABA.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1095 on: June 22, 2005, 05:02:35 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
I know you are busy so this is not a whine.

did anyone else hear about a confrontation between the boys families?

Yes, I did on Fox.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1096 on: June 22, 2005, 05:02:37 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Scaredmonkeys got bumped by Breaking news from UTAH Brennan press conferance.

Scared Monkeys can certainly live with getting bumped by a great human interest story that had such a positive and happy out come.

There is always tomorrow ... tune in same Monkey time ... same Monkey channel ...

AH MONKEY POO!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1097 on: June 22, 2005, 05:02:40 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"

Interesting find, absolut.  I never heard she was 4.0, just that she was a good student. Looks like they only had a handful of honors students, so perhaps the standards were pretty high.

I think I was going off dash' comments either here or on Bill O.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1098 on: June 22, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Another K;
I think we'll hear more about it tonight on Greta. She's been laying low all day.
Rosalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1099 on: June 22, 2005, 05:03:19 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"

THIS is the first post I see when I come back to the forum!!! OK...WHOA...stop the presses!!!

Just got back. If this is a repete -- sorry. The other woman on another island that vanished, wasnt there a reggae band mentioned ??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.