March 18, 2024, 10:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 383591 times)
stlnative
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1380 on: June 22, 2005, 06:42:46 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
-  check out most viewed pictures on 95.1 link joran is right up there with the wet boxers and a simulated erotic act while dancing

Do you have a link?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1381 on: June 22, 2005, 06:43:21 PM »

Quote from: "arlee"
Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "jlspence"

SINCE WHEN DOES A NORTH-SOUTH TRIP OVER ONE TIME ZONE CAUSE JET LAG?  JET, LAG JET SCHMAG

The issue isn't the number of timezones...it's the actual time involved in travel.  I searched Expedia.com for flights between Birmingham, AL to Aruba and it returned the following flight times, which vary because of different connections.

[edit for space]

Being a frequent flyer in my job, I can vouch that this much time in airports, on planes and waiting in airport security IS very tiring.

Thought I heard it said that it was a charter that they took. 2 planes because so many? Charters that I've taken are direct.

Nope, no charters for teens or chaperons.  More confusion stemming from BH's chartered flight, I think.

There were so many teens that signed up later than the others, that no more could be booked on the same commercial flight.  Nor were there additional connections that would get them there at the same time.

So, two commercial planes, two different carriers.  One group flew out of B'ham to Atlanta to meet their connection, the rest took a bus to Atlanta to meet their connecting flight.  Half the chaperons went with one group, half with the other.

Sorry it took me so long to see this!

Thanks Arlee.. and I can understand that.. I went on a trip in high school my senior year.. not a senior trip but a BAND trip.. I have a younger brother.. we were on seperate flights.. tooks seperate routes to the airport as well... Chaperones were with some of us and the others.. and ALSO had to be on yet another route.. I understand that 100%.. God bless you for being as helpful as you are and God Bless your daughter and the family of NH and friends!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1382 on: June 22, 2005, 06:43:27 PM »

I have a two-pronged professional background, and this is one of the prongs.

I need me another prong Smile  I'm just a glorified geek Wink
Bas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1383 on: June 22, 2005, 06:43:52 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "Bas"
Hello all there! I'm following this board for a few days now. Great contributions here!

About the tour security guards: good job Rob  Cool
I wonder if the tour crew had rented some rooms at HI?

monica hall i believe did say that...

Thanks for the reply! While I was searching for some pictures of the guards on the internet I found this @ http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1104

NativeLingo Says:

June 10th, 2005 at 8:11 pm
Just heard on the news…..they are now also looking at the security guards that worked for the promoters of the SOUL BEACH FESTIVAL….
These guards also stayed at the holiday inn…
HLSlawyerchik
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1384 on: June 22, 2005, 06:44:21 PM »

Okay, I probably am just seeing what I want to see here, but does the guy in the red Von Dutch shirt halfway down on the right side of this page (from the Holiday Inn beach party that last day) look like Steve Croes?

(please don't make fun of me TOO bad if I'm crazy) LOL

http://www.kikotakiko.com/gallery1.php?album=226&item=Photogallery&bekijk=1
Rosalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1385 on: June 22, 2005, 06:44:22 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "da wench"
OMG...I popped my head in at page 54 to see if there was any new news and I am JUST NOW poppin back in to see if there was a response and now we're at page 64!  There is just no way I can work and be here.  {{{{{{monkeys}}}}}}} I'll try to catch up when the work day is done.  

God bless NH, her family and friends and all of you hear wanting answers.

Hey Wench.. dont feel bad.. I am sitting here and cant keep up!!!
Have a good day chicky!

Your behind. By the time I plunk out a post Im 14 pages behind. So I just jump ahead because I know Ill never catch up. By the way. Thank you. Last night you all went to bed and I didnt have to glean through 9000 posts of who lives in the smartest State. That was not funny.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1386 on: June 22, 2005, 06:45:48 PM »

Tom Says:

June 10th, 2005 at 8:52 pm
Native, were there pictures in the local papers of the outfits the guards from the Soul Festival were wearing?The concert ended at 11 pm, if I remember correctly, which would be probably when the guards would get off duty from the concert. This raises some interesting concepts.

Tom Says:

June 10th, 2005 at 8:54 pm
ArubaGirl

It would be a blessing for the island if the boys story held up and they found it was an off Island security guard who was involved in this.

NativeLingo Says:

June 10th, 2005 at 8:59 pm
If I’m not mistaken, the SBF guards wore black trousers and black T-shirts with “security” on them….

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: June 22, 2005, 06:45:56 PM »

Good eye, Bas.  If they're looking at security at that venue and there weren't background checks on file, I bet we'll hear about it.  That's a US company.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1388 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:06 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
what about the security guard who said he heard joran change his story?

He talked to Deepak, not Joran.

No, that's right. When Abraham Jones, who was in the same jail as Joran,  was released, he said J told him that the bros dropped J off first then were going to drop NH off. Sorry, I forgot about that one......
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1389 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:12 PM »

Quote from: "HLSlawyerchik"
Okay, I probably am just seeing what I want to see here, but does the guy in the red Von Dutch shirt halfway down on the right side of this page (from the Holiday Inn beach party that last day) look like Steve Croes?

i saw snoop dog and steve croes.....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1390 on: June 22, 2005, 06:47:53 PM »

Oh sorry, Bas. I have been searching the old forums. Didn't see you were too!  Smile

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1391 on: June 22, 2005, 06:48:22 PM »

looks to me as if there is a possilitiy that they just grabbed the wrong sec guards...

+++

absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1392 on: June 22, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »

And white security t-shirts.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1393 on: June 22, 2005, 06:49:35 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Yikes, did anyone just see ex-Aruban detective Elio Nicholaas on The Abrams Report??  He was implying that Natalee probably ran away (quoting her Freebird quote in her yearbook).  Then he said it could be a Lacey Peterson thing.  Dan Abrams was annoyed and asked him what the heck that even means.  He said they need to question the family, and talked about looking closer at the step-father.  Dan was pretty really ticked, and said he wants an apology when he turns out to be wrong.

i graduate in 1984 , everyone in my class had that saying in their quotes section.. the mindless twits....

Rob.. I graduated in 1983.. I know what you mean about saying in yearbooks.. My mother freaked on my butt when she read some of what others wrote in mine.. Kids are kids..they write crap that is meaningless to be cool!

I must be old, most of used "The Long and Winding Road" lyrics Rolling Eyes
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1394 on: June 22, 2005, 06:49:57 PM »

I wonder whatever happened to Natalee's key to her room....and one would assume she carried what all girls carry; a purse of some sort. Maybe?
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1395 on: June 22, 2005, 06:49:58 PM »

And you know what? They may have gotten the color wrong. The shirts typically aren't "black" from Executive, but charcoal (like a medium to darker gray.) Or blue, but that's a lighter color.

But it is a FACT that security guards in black security t-shirts worked at the Soul Beach Music Festival - at least with Wyclef Jean. I posted a link to the photographic proof a couple of pages ago:

http://www.kikotakiko.com/gallery1.php?album=223&item=Photogallery&bekijk=7
Interesting because you can see a grey walkie talkie on his back...hmmm
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1396 on: June 22, 2005, 06:49:59 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
I am sorry, as another poster pointed out earlier, I did not even take into account the date which would make that statement correct. I apologize again. I also commend you on your lovely daughter she is a credit to her parents and her friend, Natalee. Please accept my apology that I did not intend to mistake anything you said. I didn't even realize it was you until a post or 2 above yours.

Oh!  I just now saw this.  I did not see anything in your post that would cause offense.  I hope I didn't sound irked at you.  The "aside" thing was meant as general commentary, not as an answer to an inferred slight.   The opener -- "Nope, 54.  That was me" -- wasn't meant to sound brusque, either, but maybe it did.  So *I* am the one who's sorry.  I hope I did not hurt your feelings!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1397 on: June 22, 2005, 06:50:06 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

And white security t-shirts.

those guys look like ticket takers or something...the are standing behind some type of counter...

+++

iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1398 on: June 22, 2005, 06:50:08 PM »

Quote from: "arlee"
Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "jlspence"

SINCE WHEN DOES A NORTH-SOUTH TRIP OVER ONE TIME ZONE CAUSE JET LAG?  JET, LAG JET SCHMAG

The issue isn't the number of timezones...it's the actual time involved in travel.  I searched Expedia.com for flights between Birmingham, AL to Aruba and it returned the following flight times, which vary because of different connections.

[edit for space]

Being a frequent flyer in my job, I can vouch that this much time in airports, on planes and waiting in airport security IS very tiring.

Thought I heard it said that it was a charter that they took. 2 planes because so many? Charters that I've taken are direct.

Nope, no charters for teens or chaperons.  More confusion stemming from BH's chartered flight, I think.

There were so many teens that signed up later than the others, that no more could be booked on the same commercial flight.  Nor were there additional connections that would get them there at the same time.

So, two commercial planes, two different carriers.  One group flew out of B'ham to Atlanta to meet their connection, the rest took a bus to Atlanta to meet their connecting flight.  Half the chaperons went with one group, half with the other.

Sorry it took me so long to see this!
Thank you

I was only saying that jet lag is about time zones and travel exhaustion is from a long trip.  As we all know when you combine long and time zones it is really debilitating.  i guess they are the same thing.  sorry for the yiddish.    

They departed on two different flights too.  Which on was Natalee supposed to be on.  Did they try ot rebook her if she missed the early flight?  What time was the predeparture assembly"?
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1399 on: June 22, 2005, 06:50:15 PM »

Rob, anything new?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.