March 28, 2024, 10:10:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 384127 times)
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »

and th mother slipped with some more infomation about joran saying that he left nat on the beach hysterical/sleeping so now that is actually confirmed...so the story yet, changes again, so where do they go from there ya know..........

Kelly
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »

Joran's mom's statement would be hearsay at best.  I don't know that this qualifies as a new version of the story.  Just an observation.
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2005, 08:59:44 AM »

Quote from: "sandy"
I have been struck by Beth Twitty's change in demeanor since her visit to the Van Der Sloot home - is there not a maxim somewhere to the effect 'I have met the enemy and the enemy is me' - haven't got that dead on but... - these families are suffering together in this - I have always felt this to be true - Beth is somewhat down - I feel for her.

Yes, it has been a wake-up call to many of us to check our objectivity and to consider the perspectives of the other families involved.

I hope that this new dimension in this relationship of parents gives them all at least a tiny bit of peace and that the energy spent on mutual mistrust can now be turned in a positive direction.
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2005, 09:00:13 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"
I have been struck by Beth Twitty's change in demeanor since her visit to the Van Der Sloot home - is there not a maxim somewhere to the effect 'I have met the enemy and the enemy is me' - haven't got that dead on but... - these families are suffering together in this - I have always felt this to be true - Beth is somewhat down - I feel for her.

I believe it is fair to say all of the mothers whose children are involved in this case, whether the suspects mothers, or Natalees mother are suffering. I am sure no one wants to believe their child is capable of causing so much harm, and anguish to any family. As a mother myself, I know it would be very hard for me to accept a little boy i raised would be capable of anything so horrible. Natalees mom is suffering very much, and her actions are understandable, but I am sure talking with Jorans mother brought home the issue that his mother is upset also.
It in no way excuses the responsibilty of whoever took Natalee and I do believe they were involved. A knee jerk reaction would be to cover your butt, and lie and say you dropped her off at her hotel. But to continue the lie knowing your facing jail time makes no sense unless you are truelly hiding SOMETHING more. Just my opinion anyway.

I agree.  I feel badly for both mothers.  If my son told me he was innocent; I would believe...it's something that is innate in mothers.  Am I saying JVDS is innocent?  I really don't know, but if we aren't sure of his inocence, I bet his parents will stand behind him 100%.  Who would want to believe their child is guilty of "possible" murder?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2005, 09:00:32 AM »

the only stories that matter are the ones that have been given to the police.

we don't know how many stories there are and who's been changing them. according to the AP story this am, croes is co-operating with police (whatever that means)

The state of the condition insults my intuition
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2005, 09:00:37 AM »

Quote from: "Bill"
Joran's mom's statement would be hearsay at best.  I don't know that this qualifies as a new version of the story.  Just an observation.

If you say so bill.  If Joran told his mother that he had nothing to dowith it and just left her on the beach..and Greta was there when she said it, how would that not be credible? Not saying its true what he said, ya know

Kelly
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2005, 09:01:51 AM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "iquitos"
I think she finally put up the entire email and went to bed leaving the rest slack jawwed.  the first part appear to be carefully crafted.  the last part put up is just plain american email bable text that casts a bad light on what goes before.  I don't understand why this was thrown out just as the Greta thing reached its climax.  I would have to conclude that it is not authentic and believe any serious person putting it out would not be so coy about would be more open about its procedence.  And why would it be put out only here, it must also be swirling around the web in Aruba, an apparently well wired place?

hi iquitos, i hopped on the site last night when this "email" was floatin around and didnt find much truth to it...i dont understand why someone would do that...i mean....like u said (and reason why i am responding to your post) is that why would it be on this forum and no where else!!  Were there multiple emails put up since last night? Is this a reacurring email thing goin on ???

I gave up in dismay and disgust last night after the email and the Greta show but as far as i know only wonderwoman had this.  it does not appear to be a campaign.  more like an aspiring author trying his/her  stuff out on these gullible monkeys.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2005, 09:01:59 AM »

Quote from: "mojo"
the only stories that matter are the ones that have been given to the police.

we don't know how many stories there are and who's been changing them. according to the AP story this am, croes is co-operating with police (whatever that means)

where did you hear about croes cooperation wiht the police?

Kelly
Ed Gewise
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:12 AM »

Are you saying that you think Beth feels guilty for all of this??  As Beth has said, she left their house with "confirmation" -- and she feels that "more individuals" know about Natalee's disappearance and that "more individuals" should be detained.  She has said all along that she thought Joran's father knew more than he was telling.  I think she left that meeting with the Van der Sloots confident that she has been right all along.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:31 AM »

and th mother slipped with some more infomation about joran saying that he left nat on the beach hysterical/sleeping so now that is actually confirmed...so the story yet, changes again, so where do they go from there ya know..........

I thought that Anita VDS wasn't allowed to discuss the case with Joran, when she visited him. So, this is clear proof that she violated that rule. I wonder if he discussions with Joran in prison were monitored. If not, then this is an opportunity to cook up a believable story and to pass information along to him on the progress of the investigation.
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:36 AM »

I gave up in dismay and disgust last night after the email and the Greta show but as far as i know only wonderwoman had this.  it does not appear to be a campaign.  more like an aspiring author trying his/her  stuff out on these gullible monkeys.

I just hope so many pages on this thread don't "go there" again today.  I got tired of reading all of that last night Confused  Smile
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:52 AM »

Quote from: "Bill"

If you say so bill.  If Joran told his mother that he had nothing to dowith it and just left her on the beach..and Greta was there when she said it, how would that not be credible? Not saying its true what he said, ya know

Because it's Joran's mom saying what she remembers Joran saying.  Third hand info, and subject to telephone message syndrome.  This would not be valid eveidence in any court.  Why take it as fact?  I sure don't.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:56 AM »

I think she finally put up the entire email and went to bed leaving the rest slack jawwed.  the first part appear to be carefully crafted.  the last part put up is just plain american email bable text that casts a bad light on what goes before.  I don't understand why this was thrown out just as the Greta thing reached its climax.  I would have to conclude that it is not authentic and believe any serious person putting it out would not be so coy about would be more open about its procedence.  And why would it be put out only here, it must also be swirling around the web in Aruba, an apparently well wired place?

hi iquitos, i hopped on the site last night when this "email" was floatin around and didnt find much truth to it...i dont understand why someone would do that...i mean....like u said (and reason why i am responding to your post) is that why would it be on this forum and no where else!!  Were there multiple emails put up since last night? Is this a reacurring email thing goin on ???

Yeah i couldnt believe that when i saw that, if this is legite, then was it turned over to police? and if it was legite and turned over to police, there is no way they would allow it resurface and float around random forums..Just my opinion!

Kelly
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2005, 09:04:09 AM »

First of all, of course CNN is not going to mention that a competitor 'scooped" them regarding the meeting between Natalee's Mom and the Van Der Sloot parents. They had to report this event, but no way are they going to mention on their network that Fox is responsible for this meeting, nor would they allow Beth to say that either.

As for the email....I do believe that it could be authentic. If we could see the headers from the email, it would prove it or disprove it. Even if it is authentic, it doesn't mean what he is saying is necessarly true, it is just his "version" of what happened, and we don't know if this "version" is the truth, or the story the guys cooked up for a statement of what happened.
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2005, 09:05:27 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"

I thought that Anita VDS wasn't allowed to discuss the case with Joran, when she visited him. So, this is clear proof that she violated that rule. I wonder if he discussions with Joran in prison were monitored. If not, then this is an opportunity to cook up a believable story and to pass information along to him on the progress of the investigation.

Joran could have told Anita that prior to him being detained.
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2005, 09:05:35 AM »

Quote from: "amillerwvu"
Do you think there should be a thread for that letter, so the people who get on today who didn't get to see it can go read it?  THen they can debate on that thread its authenticity?  I don't know how to create a thread Embarassed

I think that's a good idea - tho I don't know how either.  That said, people probably wouldn't use it anyway and will spend pages and pages debating it here. Rolling Eyes
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2005, 09:05:36 AM »

well on the fox news special last night..they said that the father had met with joran at one point and was saying dont talk anymore, or say anything to authorities and this and that, and authorites had it wired (obviously being in jail things are monitored) and they caught him sayin that so that is why they wont give him permission agian to talk to his son......................

Kelly
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2005, 09:06:08 AM »

Yes Mrs. Twitty and the stepmother (a much more genuine person) and  were all sweetness and smiles yesterday, no demanding, no tantrums, no name calling, everybody cooperating.   Do they know something or have they changed antidepressants?
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2005, 09:06:13 AM »

Quote from: "amillerwvu"
Do you think there should be a thread for that letter, so the people who get on today who didn't get to see it can go read it?  THen they can debate on that thread its authenticity?  I don't know how to create a thread Embarassed

I think that is a great idea. All you need to do is click on new topic I think.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2005, 09:06:38 AM »

I was under the impression this was discussed before he was arrested? Because she did say she wasnt allowed to talk to him about the case during visits. This would lead to me to conclude if it is in fact true, she asked him prior to his arrest. If that is true, then he was already trying out new stories, and possibly tried it out on his mother. At this point IF they have all changed stories (which we simply DONT know they have its all rumor) I would have no reason to believe them. As my mother used to say "So which lie is true?"

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.