March 19, 2024, 02:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 383633 times)
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #440 on: June 22, 2005, 12:05:21 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "deepthroat2"
does anyone here remember EXACLTY what you did 18 days ago?  If you were questioned about it over and over and over, do you think your memory of 18 days ago could change a little?

Yes, I can and I was a victim of a crime on May 5, 2005 and believe you me I remember every detial, time, face, etc etc etc., so I can also remember exactly what I did or happened more than 18 days ago.  Wink

Ditto. I was taken in and questioned to determine the details of  terrible accident involving my own child.  How's that for double pressure? Smile  And I remembered every detail. Still do, ten years later. And the story has never varied.
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #441 on: June 22, 2005, 12:05:21 PM »

Morning All! I just came from Mountain Brook (the dentist, ugghh) and it is a beautiful sight. Nearly every mailbox and business has a yellow ribbon, it was very touching....

I tried to get some of the Hope For Natalee bracelets, but they were sold out. I am supposed to call tommorow to see if the new shipment is in yet....

Any new news or rumors?

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #442 on: June 22, 2005, 12:05:54 PM »

Looking forward to seeing what this 'JVDS changing stories' is all about. Most likely a rehash of what's already out there.

Having said that, I'm still wondering why the focus of the media attention is on JVDS. What about the Kalpoes? Why haven't we heard more 'seedy' details about them? Why haven't his parents been followed by cameras? Haven't they been in contact with their mother (from what I can gather, the parents are divorced and the mother remarried)? Wouldn't someone visit them when they were detained at the police station and later the prison?

Intuitively, whatever 'sources' the MSM have, they must be pointing towards JVDS being the primary suspect. I can't believe that the MSM would be taking the huge risk of identifying him as the primary suspect, without some solid basis.

The more we follow this case, the more we realize we don't know anything *sigh* just had to get that off my chest.

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #443 on: June 22, 2005, 12:06:10 PM »

does anyone here remember EXACLTY what you did 18 days ago?  If you were questioned about it over and over and over, do you think your memory of 18 days ago could change a little?

Yes, I can and I was a victim of a crime on May 5, 2005 and believe you me I remember every detial, time, face, etc etc etc., so I can also remember exactly what I did or happened more than 18 days ago.  Wink

Right, but these girls weren't victims of a crime, and probably had been drinking. I can easily see them forgetting or just simply being misinformed or making a mistake because of being on tv (the tzxi comment for intsance).  It makes a whole lot more sense to me than to say that they are lying about mundane details.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2005, 12:06:45 PM »

Quote from: "bgcntry72"
Comment
Aruba: Natalee Holloway Would Have Been a One Day Story if Her Name was Lateefah
by: Steve Yuhas
Michael Jackson was found not guilty, Scott Peterson is on death row, there is no “missing” bride to be and Nancy Grace doesn’t have much to talk (or cry) about so it was wonderful when the story of a missing American in Aruba fell right into cable news show laps. The problem with the coverage that 18-year-old Natalee Holloway’s “disappearance” is generating is not that it is being covered, after all it is a story when a person goes missing, but it has been at the top of virtually every newscast for over a month and even I (normally not a skeptical race carder) am wondering if Natalee was named Lateefah (African for gentle or pleasant) if the cable news world would be fixated on her disappearance.
Holloway went missing on May 30th, it is now almost the end of June and still her disappearance is leading the news as if President Bush did not announce he will visit Vietnam, the Congress remains embattled over nominations, American cities are on the verge of bankruptcy and that there is something particularly special about Natalee Holloway. In what should have been a one or two day story where nothing new has been learned, except that the black men taken into custody initially have been released and no charges were conferred against them, the media is fixated on Natalee Holloway and Joran van der Sloot – a 17-year-old being held along with three others in Aruba.
Van der Sloot is the son of an Arubian judge so a judge from a neighboring island, Curacao, was assigned to a case that is quickly growing out of control. Justice officials in Aruba say it is not unusual that in high profile cases that judges come from neighboring islands to assist local judges and keeping Van der Sloot in custody will give police time to either rule him out or create a case against him. Holloway, from Alabama, went to Aruba, a safe island that boasted only one murder in all of 2004, to celebrate her graduation from high school with 124 classmates and 40 chaperones. News appearances by her family suggest that Holloway is the epitome of virtue and that whatever befell her had to be the work of sinister forces, but one has to wonder – why Aruba?As stores sell out of yellow ribbons in her hometown and FBI agents and all of the resources of the Arubian government (including the Prime Minister of the Dutch colony, Nelson Oduber, who told a television audience that finding Holloway was the “number one goal” of the island) are focused on finding the US citizen questions concerning what Holloway was doing the night she presumably vanished have to be asked. It is not enough for Nancy Grace to cry every night or for Greta Van Susteren to take up residence in Aruba to cover the story – no we need more so every night for the last month no news means a full hour of talking about the same thing over and over again.
This is what we know: Natalee Holloway was visiting Aruba, she was staying at the Holiday Inn and on the night before she was to return to the United States she went to a Boyz II Men concert at Surfside beach, stayed until closing time (1:00am) at a bar called Carlos ‘N Charlie’s and was wearing a blue-and-green striped, low-cut blouse, denim miniskirt and sandals. That’s it – that is all we know yet every cable network has not only followed the story, but updates us every hour on the hour with no news to report and reporters are now making the peaceful and safe island of Aruba out to be something akin to visiting Mexico without sufficient bribe money for police officers.
Holloway is consistently described by news outlets as a “teenager” as if she was not of legal age or she had just received her driver’s permit. It is true that she is eighteen, but in Aruba that is old enough to get into bars and clubs and drink the night away (witnesses say that Holloway was drinking the night she disappeared and throughout her stay); Holloway is a missing person, a grown woman, and the idea that this case has become so blown out of proportion baffles me. There is nothing significant about it insofar as a grown woman is missing, there are tons of them all over the United States and the world, but for some reason the blonde hair and consistent statements of her family that she was a “good girl” and her disappearing is “out of character” for her continue to get air play.
I’m not so naďve not to understand that when the news is slow and when your fame and fortune depends on major, high profile cases falling into your lap so that your angry and vitriolic tone can help boost ratings for CNN that you don’t jump at the chance to cover and cry over a story (read: Nancy Grace), but for Greta Van Susteren to cover the case with such vigor is overkill for someone who typically balances out the sensational with the standard and mundane, yet important, legal issues of the day. Something has to explain what it is about Holloway that makes her disappearance so special and the disappearance of so many people that are just normal every day people that they make the headlines so often.
There is no other explanation for the coverage of Natalee Holloway’s disappearance from Aruba and the continuous coverage of it other than the fact that she is a pretty white girl who presumably went missing in Aruba at the suspected hands of an important justice official. Had Natalee been black and had she went missing in Jamaica, I hardly think that Nancy or Greta would be crying (well Nancy would cry because that is what makes Nancy Grace who she is) or taking up residence there. We’ve seen this story play out too many times for me not to believe that there is something about how a presumed victim looks that drives the coverage and that is a sad admission for me to make.
Holloway is a grown woman who went to Aruba because she wanted to have a good time, yes there were chaperones, but where were they when she was in a bar drinking with folks she may have known only for a few days or a week? Where were the chaperones when night fell and the bars closed knowing that she had a plane to catch the next morning to check on her to make sure she was okay? The chaperone to student ratio during her trip was better than the guest to staff rate at a five star hotel – surely someone should have noticed that she was not there. More importantly though: why did Holloway leave, as witnesses have accounted many times, in a car with people if she was the virtuous girl that she was when the bar closed when she should have gone to bed?These are questions that the news simply won’t ask a grieving family looking for their loved one, but someone has to start asking why this story is getting so much attention. Holloway is a grown woman who may have left Aruba on her own accord or may have been the victim of foul play – either way the story is old and tiresome and it almost makes me miss the days of slow speed helicopter coverage of the Michael Jackson convoy arriving at court or the Peterson jury deliberation clock that appeared when the jury was in session.
I’m not a race baiter and not someone who typically looks for trends concerning race, beauty or victim- hood, but in this case there is no other explanation for the amount of coverage Natalee Holloway received for not making her plane back to Mississippi from Aruba. I hate to say it, but there may be something to the notion that it pays to have white skin when it comes to disappearing because I don’t know the face of a single missing black or brown person, but I know plenty of white ones and the one I have seen for a full month has been Natalee Holloway.
I hope they find out what happened to her, if anything, and that she return home safely, but if that is not the case I find myself hoping that one day I’ll recognize a missing black woman when she disappears and hear her mother’s pleas for a safe return in the same volume as I’ve heard for a grown woman from Alabama.

IF YOU FOLKS DID NOT CATCH IT, THIS TOO WAS IN TODAY'S AM ARUBA.  IT IS THE ONLY STORY ON NATALEE IN THIS PUBLICATION TODAY,  AN ARUBA US PUBLISHED IN ENGLISH AND AND PRESUMABLY PASSED OT TO TOURISTS ON THE ISLAND.  NOT A PRETTY MESSAGE.BTW I AM NOT YELLING. THIS IS SO YOU CAN SEE ME BETTER.  IF I YELL YOU WILL NOTICE NO MATTER WHICH CASE.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #445 on: June 22, 2005, 12:07:08 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "Shellbell"

He didnt dart too far, he let them in.  And who can blame him for not wanting cameras in his home.  Yall are putting to much blame on them when they did nothing.

I'm not blaming them for anything. My first instinct would also be a request to remove the cameras. But that doesn't automatically equate with innocence or guilt. Without knowing his true motivation, it's meaningless.

Agreed LilOrphan.

Everyone reads so much into things that don't matter.

What has happened to anyone truly being moved by such a wonderful display of respect. How many familes involved in crimes (accussed, victims etc) come together NICELY on a common ground in a such a respectful manner.

I was touched and frankly, I am getting really tired of people spending a majority of their time, in what has been a new american past time it seems, picking apart people and their actions.

I swear it seems no one can do right in some of your eyes. They have son sitting in jail/prison. They are victims too. If their son has truly done something, is it right to convict the family too? No, it's not.

Furthermore, if you want to speculate etc. just keep in mind, everyone and I will repeat everyone on both side of this mystery can not keep their story/facts straight.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2005, 12:07:59 PM »

Quote from: "Cherry6905"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Cherry6905"
am aruba.  another american busted.  nice way to get back. start arresting americans doing nasty things on the island.

http://www.arubaam.com/~victor/am22jun05.pdf

It just said he was born in America. You don't really want to get back at us. We just want Natalee found. You do that and we'll come down in droves!!

Yesterday's lead story in the same publication was about thearrest of an american with a bunch of coke on his person transitting the airport.  may be coincidence but could be start of campaign.  you want crime on aruba, well look what your people are doing here.

I know Aruba is a drug stop over becuase of it location. We don't want crime on your island. I know the DEA works closely with your government. We only want Natalee returned. If you can help with that, you'd be helping Aruba.

ladies and gentleman.. i would like to set the record straight on this issue... first of all at the airport there are two or three planes that have that dish thing on top. they search the skies for drug trafficers. it is not an easy as you might think to bring drugs in to aruba.. second they have a coast guard, they have a huge ship with giant guns on the front..its not so easy to get drugs into the country...you can find drugs anywhere, but at least i see them making an effort to keep em out....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #447 on: June 22, 2005, 12:08:10 PM »

written by steve yuhas. that's why I wanted to slap the sh*t out of him

"Leave no stone unturned"
Vorpman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #448 on: June 22, 2005, 12:08:26 PM »

Aruba is finally playing the race card in its latest addition of is newspaper.   I was a supporter of this Island, but events over the last few weeks and now this article lend me to the belief that our tourism dollars should go else where.   Articles like this  give that crazy loon Dee Fine amo.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2005, 12:08:45 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Rob wrote:

so your saying that a camera is frightening? come on, the dutch have more fortitude than that.....

Sorry Rob I have to disagree on that. We are not used to have cameras in front of our nose,I know i as a dutch would react excactly the same, and by the way I don`t think it is typically dutch .

I've got to agree with Hannie on this.  No one knows what it's like to have national and international media descend on your community unless you've been there.  I've been on a story where this happened for an extended period of time.  It is a huge presence and far different than having one camera clicking!!!  It's a huge invasion even for tough Amercan cities.  And most of them not great reporters doing in-depth coverage of a story.  They are there for soundbites and quick fixes.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #450 on: June 22, 2005, 12:08:48 PM »

I swear it seems no one can do right in some of your eyes. They have son sitting in jail/prison. They are victims too. If their son has truly done something, is it right to convict the family too? No, it's not.

Agree completely.
icey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #451 on: June 22, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »

Here's my worry....

If there is a possibility the Natalee is still alive, it would seem that the local police, FBI and the families are not persuing it. For example if there was a small hint of a kidnaping and a trip off the island, I would think we would hear about the inquires and searches conducted elsewhere.  I would find this possibility almost more horrific than an a possible kiiling. No trail, no leads, have to search everywhere, continual horror for Natalee that would probably eventually lead to her death anyway, possibily years later.

Everyone seems to be focused on Aruba, so that leads me to believe that the police, fbi and possibly the family believe Natalee is no longer alive and that a body needs to be found to make the charges stick.

I believe the report from over a week ago, that "something bad happened" and "he will lead us to the body" were actually correct, but someone told the suspect/s to shut-up.

I would think the 4th suspect either supplied the drugs or a boat, or both. I believe the body was dumped in the ocean, possibly a couple miles out. That would provide the suspects with the convidence to shut up. Perhaps let them know a water search is under way with "special equip", and maybe someone will get nervious.

As for the changing stories, it make it look like they are covering up a more serious issue like a death.

If they really "sold" or traded her for a drug/gambling debt, it would be an easy story to tell. Just say that they were "on the beach, and guys with guns took her away and threatened to kill us if we talked". No need for real details, just enough to show that a death did not occur and put the authorities on another path with no real details

icey
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2005, 12:09:27 PM »

Quote from: "UGAmom"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "Fluffy Monkey"
Quote from: "momto5"

So why not just tell the truth if they dont have anything at all to hide?

I see I am thinking like several others of you here  --  because 'nothing to hide' is relative.  

The thing I keep thinking about is that I am reading he said "she was sleeping and hysterical" or something like that when he left her on the beach.  Avoiding the obvious contradiction here, I can easily see him trying to throw moves on her  and her winding up crying and telling him to 'leave her alone'  'go away' , things like that. Now, he thinks, in addition to being in trouble for sneaking out, clubbing, and drinking...   this girl may claim attempted rape.

See I dont see what she would be hysterical about? It leaves alot of room for speculation. Plus like you said the obvious contradcition you cant sleep and be hysterical at the same time. Unless she was convulsing or something like that. Still though I wouldnt consider that hysterics.

If she was given some drug, say she freaked out, passed out, and that's when he leaves.  Maybe calls the 4th suspect, because that's where he got the drug, and the 4th one takes over.  Finds NH unconscious  or ? and either arranges for her to be hidden, taken off the island or disposed of.

Possible, but again this is all speculation at this point  Confused
The 4th suspect I dont know, everything I have read about him, seems as if he overheard something, or just covered for them. Maybe there is more to it, but I would have to think as an older person (hes 26 right) with a child he would have far more to lose. That leads me to believe he would sing like a bird to cover his own butt.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2005, 12:10:17 PM »

Has anyone heard from DJTAYLOR she hasn't posted since Monday, just wondering if she had her baby...
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2005, 12:10:31 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "HannieC"
Rob wrote:

so your saying that a camera is frightening? come on, the dutch have more fortitude than that.....

Sorry Rob I have to disagree on that. We are not used to have cameras in front of our nose,I know i as a dutch would react excactly the same, and by the way I don`t think it is typically dutch .

if my son were innocent i would want the whole world to hear my side of it... ms twitty is getting a lotta face time... vd sloot missed his opportunity....

I disagree - I had a nasty situation happen last Fall where a matter I was involved in was on the front page of our local paper every day and I was being called by the press to comment - I refused because, although I could have defended myself, I felt any discussion in the public had a reasonable chance of being twisted further against me - by the way, I got the last laugh.
Vorpman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2005, 12:10:50 PM »

iquitos, no justification for this article.  What do they want to do, tell tourists not to come to Aruba?
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2005, 12:11:11 PM »

written by steve yuhas. that's why I wanted to slap the sh*t out of him

"Leave no stone unturned"
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #457 on: June 22, 2005, 12:11:59 PM »

Quote from: "DT"

Right, but these girls weren't victims of a crime, and probably had been drinking. I can easily see them forgetting or just simply being misinformed or making a mistake because of being on tv (the tzxi comment for intsance).  It makes a whole lot more sense to me than to say that they are lying about mundane details.

But when you decide to put yourself on the air, I think you would tend more to go with the known and verified facts.

Like I have always said, I am different. I most certainly would have remember the morning no one could find her. I am curious if they were the ones to report it and immediately give information, why does BH and all of us have a completely different timeline, picture etc.
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2005, 12:12:36 PM »

the hysterical on the beach rumor has been floating for a few days.  story was she became hysterical on the beach and joran left her there.  now anita has modified it to sleeping on the beach (after she became hysterical she went to sleep?).  same beach, marriott, where they searched and where deepak says he left them (unconfirmed)  there is a subsequent hysterical woman taken from the front of the HI by two men rumor.  don't discard them but don't take them as fact either.  now we know from mother's mouth that joran told her he left natalee sleeping on the beach.  is that right?

I also wonder about the rumors that he was brused up the next day.  If he WAS injured, couldn't possibly someone else have been involved who he is afraid of and who could have beat the crap out of him?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2005, 12:12:53 PM »

Quote from: "Vorpman"
Aruba is finally playing the race card in its latest addition of is newspaper.   I was a supporter of this Island, but events over the last few weeks and now this article lend me to the belief that our tourism dollars should go else where.   Articles like this  give that crazy loon Dee Fine amo.

Odd because some would say the same things about being "lost" or "missing" in america. Yet now we wanna cut off Aruba for saying the same thing that minorities feel here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.