March 18, 2024, 08:55:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 383578 times)
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #720 on: June 22, 2005, 02:01:14 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "icey"
I guess my concern is that the Holloway family is combing Aruba, and soon the waters nearby for Natalee's body.  I would be horrified at the thought of spending so much time in a body search, when she may be hidden (alive) on the island, or taken to another country. At this point the kidnap trail could be very cold.

I hope and pray Natalee is safe somewhere, but it seems like that's not possible at this point. (I don't think she ran away.)

Why am I concerned? Because this could happen to anyones teenager, and with graduation parties held/planned all over the US this story strikes home with 10's of millions of families. In this situation, it seems like we have a chance to resolve it (3 suspects who saw her last and lied.), as a opposed to a situation where no one is suspect. We don't want to see the possibility of a resolution slip away in this case!

icey

Someone should make sure they are feeding her if she is alive.

With that said on an ISLAND, 97,000 people, wouldn't someone, somewhere know something 3 weeks later. If she is alive and being held they have the wrong people in custody.

Well most likely that SOMEONE, if holding her or knows where she is, is not gonna tell. She could easily be tied up in someones cellar or basement, someone unknown to LE

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #721 on: June 22, 2005, 02:02:37 PM »

MSNBC is reporting they have "breaking news" from Aruba.  We've heard THAT before, but you might want to tune in to see if it's recycled or new, news.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: June 22, 2005, 02:02:47 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Actually he said he had heard about him, not about a scuffle.

a big blonde hair kid stated that he got into a scuffle with him( joran) and when they discovered that she was no where around.. he saidhi mind went immediaely to joran........thats how joran came into the picture...

NOW WOULD THAT BE BEAU?
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #723 on: June 22, 2005, 02:02:57 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
You'll probably get a thousand responses to this, but I was told a few days ago that the chaperones or "a chaperone" did the packing that morning.  I was definitively told by someone on this board about mid-last week.  Have no idea what thread that would be in.

WoW~ it must be true, then!  Laughing
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #724 on: June 22, 2005, 02:03:19 PM »

You guys are really splitting hairs with this stuff about her not being in her room that night. I can think of a ton of reasons why no one would have noticed till that morning.

1. A lot of them were probably drinking and not paying attention to this sort of stuff. When you are out partying you tend not to think about where everyone is at every sinle point and time.

2.  Some of her roommates may have gone to sleep expacting her to show up later.

3.  Most of them would probably just assume she was with someone else, its not like they had cell phone they could contact each other with, so it would have been pretty time consuming to go around asking everyone if they had seen her.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #725 on: June 22, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
While on the trip.. have any of the MB kids stated at anytime during the trip before NH went missing.. IF she stayed out all night and didnt return any of the other days? Maybe this was asked long ago.. I know when I was younger.. things like that happened.. and friends covered our backs.. I was curious to know ??

I have asked repeatly and never gotten an answer.

To my knowledge, this has not been answered, more like dodged.I would love to ask, if they are claiming that they were not worried because everyone was switching rooms etc etc.. but Natalee is not everyone. She's been said to be responsible, level-headed etc. Would love to know if she had switched room prior to them thinking this. Otherwise, I have a problem with that claim IMHO because normally, someone as she has been described as, would tell someone....gotten something out of the room. Her bags were packed and left on her bed. I think that to be disturbing. Yeah, girls borrow clothes etc etc but she was already packed up and not there. Just odd that no one when waking up wondered why Natalee bags were packed and still ont he bed prior to meeting at the bus.

My point exactly Cali and Karin..Im not blaming her roomates or anything like that.. I know what we did on our senior class trip.. close friends knew if we wernt going to be in our room that night..You know how girls like to tell one another everything... I guess it made me think back to my trip which was years ago. 1983 exact.. Just made me wonder if her friends may know of other evenings she may have not come back to the hotel and thought nothing of her bag being packed on the bed.. figuring perhaps shes been on all night before one of the days..?? Confusing as hell!
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #726 on: June 22, 2005, 02:04:24 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "bamabelle11"
Re: HELP - POLICE?! how to contact?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you both for the information! You're right, they're not likely to tell me anything, but I don't know what else to do. Our city paper finally published the story but with less details than we already know. The rumors are pretty awful. The girl was last seen about 54 hours ago, outside of Carlos and Charlies. Thank you for your prayers. Praying is likely the best we can do.

True, this can happen anywhere, but it seems somehow the kids would use more caution elsewhere. The kids were made to feel it was a completely safe environment, even to walk around while drinking. This girl had no idea she was in danger until it was too late. And we parents back home were assured it was safe.

We are still stunned, grieving, trying to be hopeful.

Thank you for your thoughts.

http://bb.visitaruba.com/showthread.php?s=0ae475b09470d0273a7ffeeeb57c18ce&t=2244

now I am really confused! Could this poster have meant 4 or 5 hrs instead of 54

This was posted later... on June 1 or 2 I believe

ah excuse me, I see the poster first posted on 5/31 and that was several posts later. That could explain the 54 hr thingy. Sorry.

WHO WOULD THIS POSTER BE, MRS TWITTY?

According to DASH....it is her mom (Dash).  Iquitos don't get your panties in a bunch, it's not becoming.
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #727 on: June 22, 2005, 02:05:05 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you both for the information! You're right, they're not likely to tell me anything, but I don't know what else to do. Our city paper finally published the story but with less details than we already know. The rumors are pretty awful. The girl was last seen about 54 hours ago, outside of Carlos and Charlies. Thank you for your prayers. Praying is likely the best we can do.

True, this can happen anywhere, but it seems somehow the kids would use more caution elsewhere. The kids were made to feel it was a completely safe environment, even to walk around while drinking. This girl had no idea she was in danger until it was too late. And we parents back home were assured it was safe.

http://bb.visitaruba.com/showthread.php?s=0ae475b09470d0273a7ffeeeb57c18ce&t=2244

Nope, 54.  That was me.  Natalee was last seen 2:00 a.m. on 5/30.  I didn't post this until Wed. June 1 right before 10:00 cst.  My math is not the best (in fact it's the worst) but that's in the ball park.

I started that thread on the visitAruba board because we couldn't find any info & had been losing our minds over it.  I was hoping to find an email address for a police station in case a PIO could give us any info at all.  The rumors we were hearing were horrible & we had virtually no official means of getting info.  I had never used a message board before & just gave it a shot.  Turns out another MB lady was starting a thread at tripadvisor at almost the same time.  A poster at visitaruba directed me there, & I found this board after someone posted links at one or both.

You'll note in there that we'd heard the suspect was a career criminal & ws unresponsive in interrogation.  This turned out to be VDS, who is not a career criminal and was not being interrogated.  We also had googled the article about the previous month's kidnapping in Aruba.  You'll see a lot of early discussion on that.  That's why I posted yesterday when I got official word that the case was in Aruba, IRAQ.

As an aside:
This serves as an example of how inconsistencies in stories can happen easily, something we've discussed on the boards for a couple of days at least.  And how something you hear from one person and believe and repeat can turn out to have been something else altogether.  It doesn't mean you were lying when you said it.  And it doesn't mean you're suspiciously changing your story when you correct it, having found a more reliable source.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #728 on: June 22, 2005, 02:06:05 PM »

if natalee is alive, the aruban authorities dont appear to willing to have her found, now delaying the search team for bogus reason....this might be my last trip there, i just dont like the way the handle things...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #729 on: June 22, 2005, 02:06:14 PM »

Whoops, 1:30 a.m., not 2
jlspence
Scared Monkey

« Reply #730 on: June 22, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »

The friends were pretty clear last night, and stated that they were setting the record straight of the how and when Natalee met VDS.

I think perhaps the friends last night were setting the record straight AS THEY KNEW IT.  I believe the apparent contradiction is probably due to them not being aware that Natalee and JVDS met earlier.  Natalee's parents have clearly said and Aruban LE officials have been quoted as saying that Natalee met Joran two days before she disappeared.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: June 22, 2005, 02:06:23 PM »

While on the trip.. have any of the MB kids stated at anytime during the trip before NH went missing.. IF she stayed out all night and didnt return any of the other days? Maybe this was asked long ago.. I know when I was younger.. things like that happened.. and friends covered our backs.. I was curious to know ??

To my knowledge, this has not been answered, more like dodged.I would love to ask, if they are claiming that they were not worried because everyone was switching rooms etc etc.. but Natalee is not everyone. She's been said to be responsible, level-headed etc. Would love to know if she had switched room prior to them thinking this. Otherwise, I have a problem with that claim IMHO because normally, someone as she has been described as, would tell someone....gotten something out of the room. Her bags were packed and left on her bed. I think that to be disturbing. Yeah, girls borrow clothes etc etc but she was already packed up and not there. Just odd that no one when waking up wondered why Natalee bags were packed and still ont he bed prior to meeting at the bus.

My point exactly Cali and Karin..Im not blaming her roomates or anything like that.. I know what we did on our senior class trip.. close friends knew if we wernt going to be in our room that night..You know how girls like to tell one another everything... I guess it made me think back to my trip which was years ago. 1983 exact.. Just made me wonder if her friends may know of other evenings she may have not come back to the hotel and thought nothing of her bag being packed on the bed.. figuring perhaps shes been on all night before one of the days..?? Confusing as hell!

This has been said before, but I believe I heard someone say that they packed her bags for her in the morning.  Thinking she was with someone else.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #732 on: June 22, 2005, 02:07:43 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Actually he said he had heard about him, not about a scuffle.

a big blonde hair kid stated that he got into a scuffle with him( joran) and when they discovered that she was no where around.. he saidhi mind went immediaely to joran........thats how joran came into the picture...

NOW WOULD THAT BE BEAU?

i believe his name was beau....

+++

CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #733 on: June 22, 2005, 02:08:10 PM »

No. I have a copy of this post. The 54 is correct.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #734 on: June 22, 2005, 02:08:58 PM »

if natalee is alive, the aruban authorities dont appear to willing to have her found, now delaying the search team for bogus reason....this might be my last trip there, i just dont like the way the handle things...

Rob, darling, dear.. lol

Since we can not know anything going on in the investigation, we would not know what they are doing.  Wink

Don't give up on them so easily.
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #735 on: June 22, 2005, 02:09:05 PM »

Quote from: "jlspence"

The friends were pretty clear last night, and stated that they were setting the record straight of the how and when Natalee met VDS.

I think perhaps the friends last night were setting the record straight AS THEY KNEW IT.  I believe the apparent contradiction is probably due to them not being aware that Natalee and JVDS met earlier.  Natalee's parents have clearly said and Aruban LE officials have been quoted as saying that Natalee met Joran two days before she disappeared.

Good Point, maybe those two didn't see her w/ Joran earlier *shrugs*

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #736 on: June 22, 2005, 02:09:26 PM »

iquitos, he was the first person to be interviewed...on day one , day two at the latest...

+++

Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #737 on: June 22, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
MSNBC is reporting they have "breaking news" from Aruba.  We've heard THAT before, but you might want to tune in to see if it's recycled or new, news.

For those of us stuck at work please let us know what the news is...

Thanks!!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #738 on: June 22, 2005, 02:10:20 PM »

Rob, darling, dear.. lol

Since we can not know anything going on in the investigation, we would not know what they are doing.  Wink

Don't give up on them so easily.
dear they are delaying the search team.. thats a fact.. ok

+++

DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: June 22, 2005, 02:10:53 PM »

Quote from: "DT"

This has been said before, but I believe I heard someone say that they packed her bags for her in the morning.  Thinking she was with someone else.

No, as I heard it Nat packed her bags the night before, the Chaperones just took them to the airport/bus in case she overslept & was running late

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.