October 18, 2019, 06:02:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 326823 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Catriana
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 249



« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2005, 12:13:21 PM »

I don't think this is staying in the news because Natalee is blonde, or because she is white.   This is staying in the news and our minds because of the determination of one strong individual and that is...

NATALEE'S MOTHER!


She won't let it die away or fade out... as she said, so many times, she isn't leaving Aruba without Natalee.

Period!
Logged

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2005, 12:15:19 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "Shellbell"
Quote

He didnt dart too far, he let them in.  And who can blame him for not wanting cameras in his home.  Yall are putting to much blame on them when they did nothing.


I'm not blaming them for anything. My first instinct would also be a request to remove the cameras. But that doesn't automatically equate with innocence or guilt. Without knowing his true motivation, it's meaningless.


Agreed LilOrphan.

Everyone reads so much into things that don't matter.

What has happened to anyone truly being moved by such a wonderful display of respect. How many familes involved in crimes (accussed, victims etc) come together NICELY on a common ground in a such a respectful manner.

I was touched and frankly, I am getting really tired of people spending a majority of their time, in what has been a new american past time it seems, picking apart people and their actions.

I swear it seems no one can do right in some of your eyes. They have son sitting in jail/prison. They are victims too. If their son has truly done something, is it right to convict the family too? No, it's not.

Furthermore, if you want to speculate etc. just keep in mind, everyone and I will repeat everyone on both side of this mystery can not keep their story/facts straight.


who made the vd sloots victims?   i think we all know... dont try that old trick of shifting the blame with me.. this reminds me of the mendez brothers, when being sentenced to prision the defense attorney had the gall to say" do nt be to harsh on these boys, after all they have no parents".....please.........
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2005, 12:15:30 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
I don't think this is staying in the news because Natalee is blonde, or because she is white.   This is staying in the news and our minds because of the determination of one strong individual and that is...

NATALEE'S MOTHER!


She won't let it die away or fade out... as she said, so many times, she isn't leaving Aruba without Natalee.

Period!


I dont blame the woman.. I have kids myself.. and I would do the same thing..I wouldnt leave until I had my child..
Logged
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 226


« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2005, 12:15:58 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Vorpman"
Aruba is finally playing the race card in its latest addition of is newspaper.   I was a supporter of this Island, but events over the last few weeks and now this article lend me to the belief that our tourism dollars should go else where.   Articles like this  give that crazy loon Dee Fine amo.


Odd because some would say the same things about being "lost" or "missing" in america. Yet now we wanna cut off Aruba for saying the same thing that minorities feel here.


If this is in reference to that article posted in the Aruba paper this morning, it might help us all to realize that it was written by Steve Yuhas, a gay conservative American writer from San Diego. It's appeared in several publications and is nothing more than shameless finger pointing and race baiting on his behalf. That's the only person it reflects badly on. In short, he's an ass.
Logged
lu1051
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 2


« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2005, 12:16:03 PM »

hi everyone!  i have just signed up, but have been reading for a long time now.

I have found a sight that also has some info that might be interesting. This sight is just a persons opinion, but i like reading everyones opinion!

http://www.misfitting.com/archives/cat_crime.html#000907
Logged
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2005, 12:16:08 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "inthepacific"
Quote from: "HannieC"
iquitos wrote:

Quote
And poor paulus took a while to come to the correct decision to get them in the house and away from the cameras. He hid behind a bush for a long moment trying to decide what to do then took the bull by the horns. very awkward, and very dutch. maybe he had to tell his wife to put her clothes on and tidy up the living room. dutch don't like surprise and go all deer in the headlights when in such situations. they are very orderly and private. and maybe he thought beth was a jehovah's witness.



You are absolutly right  there, b/c did you see paulus his hair looks wet?
Maybe he was taking a shower and was anita alone in the room and he had to put some close on



I agree with both of you, I think there are people here making a mountain out of a mole hill on this topic.

I mean, give me a break...how would any of you honestly act answering the gate to Mrs. Twitty under the circumstances. He wouldn't have known who the hell was at his gate. I'm sure he was flabergasted when he realized it was Mrs. twitty....last thing anyone would expect I'm sure. But hey!! He invited her in! Would any of you honestly have done that or would you have backed away and went back intp the house?  Rolling Eyes


There would have been at least 4 people at his gate and one has a big camera. Also he would not have known who greta is in all probability. Very slim chance.


so your saying that a camera is frightening? come on, the dutch have more fortitude than that.....


yes-camera men and reporters can be frightening!!!  even if you are
innocent or a victim!!
Logged

peace to all
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 384



WWW
« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2005, 12:16:15 PM »

Aruba - transit point for US- and Europe-bound narcotics with some accompanying money-laundering activity

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2086.html
Logged

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 862



« Reply #467 on: June 22, 2005, 12:16:31 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "HannieC"
Rob wrote:

Quote
so your saying that a camera is frightening? come on, the dutch have more fortitude than that.....


Sorry Rob I have to disagree on that. We are not used to have cameras in front of our nose,I know i as a dutch would react excactly the same, and by the way I don`t think it is typically dutch .



 if my son were innocent i would want the whole world to hear my side of it... ms twitty is getting a lotta face time... vd sloot missed his opportunity....


I disagree - I had a nasty situation happen last Fall where a matter I was involved in was on the front page of our local paper every day and I was being called by the press to comment - I refused because, although I could have defended myself, I felt any discussion in the public had a reasonable chance of being twisted further against me - by the way, I got the last laugh.


No matter what they say, it's going to bring wrong. Their address was on TV, people know where they live. If we get angry and nasty in this forum IMAGINE what they must go through everyday! I am sure they get nasty mail etc.

Does anyone not see how MSM has created people wanting drama in everything? Reality TV, trash magazines, etc etc. Everyone wants some drama.
Logged
DT
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2005, 12:17:51 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "deepthroat2"
does anyone here remember EXACLTY what you did 18 days ago?  If you were questioned about it over and over and over, do you think your memory of 18 days ago could change a little?


Yes, I can and I was a victim of a crime on May 5, 2005 and believe you me I remember every detial, time, face, etc etc etc., so I can also remember exactly what I did or happened more than 18 days ago.  Wink


Right, but these girls weren't victims of a crime, and probably had been drinking. I can easily see them forgetting or just simply being misinformed or making a mistake because of being on tv (the tzxi comment for intsance).  It makes a whole lot more sense to me than to say that they are lying about mundane details.


But when you decide to put yourself on the air, I think you would tend more to go with the known and verified facts.

Like I have always said, I am different. I most certainly would have remember the morning no one could find her. I am curious if they were the ones to report it and immediately give information, why does BH and all of us have a completely different timeline, picture etc.


Well most of the details that they were sketchy on were from that night, hence the drinking comment.  Plus people I think are inclined to get things like times and dates wrong, I do it a lot personally, and I can't imagine what I might say if I was on national tv.  I just tend to think that their is a more innocent explanation for their discrepencies, since I don't see any clear reason for them to lie. I'd still be interested in exactly what the story is though now.
Logged
Getagrip
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 52



WWW
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2005, 12:17:56 PM »

I didn't bother reading the 'race card' story. Not worth my time, just another diversion which shows how desperate some are to get rid of the scrutiny.

Dan Rheil had a good insight about the intense coverage:
Behind the scenes I know that some - and certainly some fellow bloggers have questioned the motivations for my Natalee Holloway coverage.

The fact is that from the time I wrote the initial news piece from wire reports, this is what I have always feared. Thanks to the reader with a family member named in this story. Readers name witheld by request.

    Families of those who become crime victims in some foreign countries often learn a hard lesson about getting justice and what little the United States can do about it.


I think that's right on. The fact that the legal system is so different (i.e. we have little or no information), that there is no body, and that we can all identify because it could have happened to any of us (or our children) is what keeps us following this case.
Logged

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
melrose
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 50


« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2005, 12:18:02 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
the hysterical on the beach rumor has been floating for a few days.  story was she became hysterical on the beach and joran left her there.  now anita has modified it to sleeping on the beach (after she became hysterical she went to sleep?).  same beach, marriott, where they searched and where deepak says he left them (unconfirmed)  there is a subsequent hysterical woman taken from the front of the HI by two men rumor.  don't discard them but don't take them as fact either.  now we know from mother's mouth that joran told her he left natalee sleeping on the beach.  is that right?


Is anything known of who Natalee was dancing/drinking with before Joran arrived at C&C?  They arrived there shortly before closing and soon after Natalee left with them.  Maybe someone else at C&C 's had an ulterior motive and Joran arrived and  cut them off at the pass.  Might explain her histerical/sleeping behaviour if she ws slipped a drug shortly before he arrived.
Logged
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 862



« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2005, 12:18:03 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "Shellbell"
Quote

He didnt dart too far, he let them in.  And who can blame him for not wanting cameras in his home.  Yall are putting to much blame on them when they did nothing.


I'm not blaming them for anything. My first instinct would also be a request to remove the cameras. But that doesn't automatically equate with innocence or guilt. Without knowing his true motivation, it's meaningless.


Agreed LilOrphan.

Everyone reads so much into things that don't matter.

What has happened to anyone truly being moved by such a wonderful display of respect. How many familes involved in crimes (accussed, victims etc) come together NICELY on a common ground in a such a respectful manner.

I was touched and frankly, I am getting really tired of people spending a majority of their time, in what has been a new american past time it seems, picking apart people and their actions.

I swear it seems no one can do right in some of your eyes. They have son sitting in jail/prison. They are victims too. If their son has truly done something, is it right to convict the family too? No, it's not.

Furthermore, if you want to speculate etc. just keep in mind, everyone and I will repeat everyone on both side of this mystery can not keep their story/facts straight.


who made the vd sloots victims?   i think we all know... dont try that old trick of shifting the blame with me.. this reminds me of the mendez brothers, when being sentenced to prision the defense attorney had the gall to say" do nt be to harsh on these boys, after all they have no parents".....please.........


People like you make them victims. <click>
Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2005, 12:18:27 PM »

Quote from: "lu1051"
hi everyone!  i have just signed up, but have been reading for a long time now.

I have found a sight that also has some info that might be interesting. This sight is just a persons opinion, but i like reading everyones opinion!

http://www.misfitting.com/archives/cat_crime.html#000907


Hello Lu.. and thank you for that link!
Logged
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2005, 12:18:42 PM »

Quote from: "lu1051"
hi everyone!  i have just signed up, but have been reading for a long time now.

I have found a sight that also has some info that might be interesting. This sight is just a persons opinion, but i like reading everyones opinion!

http://www.misfitting.com/archives/cat_crime.html#000907


well you found us.. so welcome.... Wink
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2005, 12:19:02 PM »

Quote
I believe the report from over a week ago, that "something bad happened" and "he will lead us to the body" were actually correct, but someone told the suspect/s to shut-up.


I always find these "facts" the oddest. Then entire statements that weekend from being lead to body, confession, something bad happened, "I killed her" were retracted. Yet some pick and chose apart parts that would still be fact. Why wouldn't everything that was retracted be true?
Logged
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 862



« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2005, 12:20:24 PM »

Hi Angie I didn't see you!!

Has Kerin been in??
Logged
Rob
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12469



WWW
« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2005, 12:20:51 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "deepthroat2"
does anyone here remember EXACLTY what you did 18 days ago?  If you were questioned about it over and over and over, do you think your memory of 18 days ago could change a little?


Yes, I can and I was a victim of a crime on May 5, 2005 and believe you me I remember every detial, time, face, etc etc etc., so I can also remember exactly what I did or happened more than 18 days ago.  Wink


Right, but these girls weren't victims of a crime, and probably had been drinking. I can easily see them forgetting or just simply being misinformed or making a mistake because of being on tv (the tzxi comment for intsance).  It makes a whole lot more sense to me than to say that they are lying about mundane details.


But when you decide to put yourself on the air, I think you would tend more to go with the known and verified facts.

Like I have always said, I am different. I most certainly would have remember the morning no one could find her. I am curious if they were the ones to report it and immediately give information, why does BH and all of us have a completely different timeline, picture etc.


Well most of the details that they were sketchy on were from that night, hence the drinking comment.  Plus people I think are inclined to get things like times and dates wrong, I do it a lot personally, and I can't imagine what I might say if I was on national tv.  I just tend to think that their is a more innocent explanation for their discrepencies, since I don't see any clear reason for them to lie. I'd still be interested in exactly what the story is though now.


so what, i ll be there on saturday and would never just show up at someone house... expecting little dutch cookeis and tea...
Logged

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2005, 12:20:51 PM »

Quote from: "Getagrip"
I didn't bother reading the 'race card' story. Not worth my time, just another diversion which shows how desperate some are to get rid of the scrutiny.

Dan Rheil had a good insight about the intense coverage:
Behind the scenes I know that some - and certainly some fellow bloggers have questioned the motivations for my Natalee Holloway coverage.

The fact is that from the time I wrote the initial news piece from wire reports, this is what I have always feared. Thanks to the reader with a family member named in this story. Readers name witheld by request.

    Families of those who become crime victims in some foreign countries often learn a hard lesson about getting justice and what little the United States can do about it.


I think that's right on. The fact that the legal system is so different (i.e. we have little or no information), that there is no body, and that we can all identify because it could have happened to any of us (or our children) is what keeps us following this case.


You should read it, it actually outside of the race and attention issues ask some questions of people are not the usual targets in this. No victims rights in that article.
Logged
iquitos
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2005, 12:21:41 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "deepthroat2"
does anyone here remember EXACLTY what you did 18 days ago?  If you were questioned about it over and over and over, do you think your memory of 18 days ago could change a little?


Yes, I can and I was a victim of a crime on May 5, 2005 and believe you me I remember every detial, time, face, etc etc etc., so I can also remember exactly what I did or happened more than 18 days ago.  Wink


Right, but these girls weren't victims of a crime, and probably had been drinking. I can easily see them forgetting or just simply being misinformed or making a mistake because of being on tv (the tzxi comment for intsance).  It makes a whole lot more sense to me than to say that they are lying about mundane details.


But when you decide to put yourself on the air, I think you would tend more to go with the known and verified facts.

Like I have always said, I am different. I most certainly would have remember the morning no one could find her. I am curious if they were the ones to report it and immediately give information, why does BH and all of us have a completely different timeline, picture etc.


I STILL THINK THESE TWO ARE CLOSER TO NATALEE THAN OTHERS AMONG US WHO HAVE SPOKEN.  THEY WERE ALMOST SHY, HESITANT, NOT REAHEARSED.  THAT MADE THEM MORE CREDIBLE FOR ME.  RADIO NEWS COMING.  BTW, THEY WERE COMPLIMENTARY OF MRS. TWITTY'S ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT YESTERDAY.  


NOW THEY ARE REPORTING THAT THEY ARE QUESTIONING THE AMERICAN KIDS WHO WERE WITH NATALEE ON ARUBA ...
Logged
lu1051
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 2


« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2005, 12:21:41 PM »

I think its been great listening to everyone and I only hope we all know what has really happened to NH and let these parents have some piece of mind.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 2.137 seconds with 20 queries.