March 29, 2024, 07:14:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 384368 times)
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1100 on: June 22, 2005, 05:03:26 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"

georgiablues, all she said he did was try some lame pickup lines on her on a couple of mornings when she was out jogging and she passed by. It may have seemed disturbing or odd to her, I don't know anything about her, but men do try to talk up women and in resort towns I don't think that it is a less common occurrence. I remember this came up before, and my comment was that it seemed more of an issue for the man's significant other than for law enforcement! Smile

Ting - ??   Someone else's question?
Fluffy Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1101 on: June 22, 2005, 05:03:27 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
I think if I were 17 y/o and was being questioned for 11 hrs. a day for days at a time I might change my story a few times too. That is a type of torture (i.e. sleep depravation, ect.) As a matter of fact, I might just even attempt suicide! A lot of seasoned criminals can't even last as long.  Could you?

The attorney that walks around with Greta said last night that they cannot interrogate from 10 PM to 8 AM.

Does anyone besides me find this rule amusing?  Gee, we can hammer them for 11 hours a day, but GOD no,  not after 10 pm.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1102 on: June 22, 2005, 05:03:51 PM »

some thing is telling me that this scenario is almost the perfect crime.. and that has been what we ve been saying,, how could joran and deepak and satish do it... maybe its the tour sec guards....they had three weeks to dissappear.. i always heard that carnival workers did similar stuff....where the professor?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1103 on: June 22, 2005, 05:04:09 PM »

One of the news stations said today that Joran can be interrogated for up to 14 hours a day. Yesterday there were several little leaks relating to his interrogation, involving hot and cold rooms, cream and electrodes, etc.

I have stated in a previous post that I believe every effort is being made to be sensitive to American culture, as well as to reassure the US public that the FBI is indeed actively involved in the case.
Ella's Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1104 on: June 22, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
My school give a chord to honor graduates--and they have to have a certain average.

Other students can even make the a honor roll every time and not quite be high enough to have that chord.  

Honor graduate and honor student not always equal.

Hi all-I am new here been lurking for while.  (Hopefully I wasn't one of the guests loading up the system.)  Started at two of the other crime news sites and ending up finding this one to be most interesting and informative.  

Anyway In response to this post, I did see natalee wearing a yellow honor cord with her cap and gown in one of the pictures from her graduation.
Ed Gewise
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1105 on: June 22, 2005, 05:05:17 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "absolut"
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2

I thought Natalee was an honors student with like a 4.0+ gpa?

Interesting find, absolut.  I never heard she was 4.0, just that she was a good student. Looks like they only had a handful of honors students, so perhaps the standards were pretty high.

Someone who has graduated more recently from MBHS that I did might be able to confirm this (although it doesn't really matter) -- but MBHS has weighted grades, an A+ gets, I think a 4.5.  There were lots of people in my class with 4.0 and above, so only the higher 4.0s (i.e., 4.2 or whatever) were "honors."  I think the highest average you could have was 4.5 -- but it's been a lot of years   Wink
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1106 on: June 22, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
some thing is telling me that this scenario is almost the perfect crime.. and that has been what we ve been saying,, how could joran and deepak and satish do it... maybe its the tour sec guards....they had three weeks to dissappear.. i always heard that carnival workers did similar stuff....where the professor?

simple enough to run them down if they were registered at HI right? While they are at it I guess they should also question all the members of Boyz2Men, etc.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1107 on: June 22, 2005, 05:06:06 PM »

rosalie.. your on the right track....keep going

+++

PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1108 on: June 22, 2005, 05:06:07 PM »

Bye, All; Keep up the good work. Your passion and compassion is contageous!!!!
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1109 on: June 22, 2005, 05:06:36 PM »

Do we know if Seteve Croes had friends performing or was maybe moonlighting at the Concert??  Wink

Steve = DJ
DJ = usually knows musicians?

Hmmm
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1110 on: June 22, 2005, 05:08:59 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"

simple enough to run them down if they were registered at HI right? While they are at it I guess they should also question all the members of Boyz2Men, etc.

some could be off the tour, new guys on...

+++

CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1111 on: June 22, 2005, 05:09:54 PM »

Just to add...

It has been described to me (and I have seen it from another blog) that KIA is described to be like the turkish prison in the novel Midnight Express

:::cringes:::

May I also add it doesn't air... I can only imagine what conditions are there.. yikes!
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1112 on: June 22, 2005, 05:09:58 PM »

Natalee is an honors student.  I have heard the fractions vary, but hers adds up to a 4.0 on a 4.0 scale.  It gets tricky because so many MB students take advanced placement classes.  These are weighted heavier than the regular classes.  So an A in an AP counts a good bit more than a regular A & would probably cancel out a regular B.  It's confusing, I've never been able to work out my daughter's true GPA.

You also would have to know that MB has an accelerated school system.  My daughter was in the gifted program in her old school but had to work harder at everything when we moved to MB.  It has a high ranking nationally & is the reason many people move here, despite perhaps a bit of financial struggle (us, for example).  So you have a school that's full of some of the smartest, most high-achieving kids in the state.  (I'm not saying there aren't super-smart, high-achieving kids elsewhere!  There are!  MB just has an uncommonly high concentration of them, many having moved there deliberately for that reason.)

So, when you speak of an honors student there, that probably covers a whole lot of the graduates.  There are only so many you can give the special graduation spots to!  Natalee definitely wore honor cords on her graduation gown.  In her graduation photo, that gold tassel on her mortar board is an honors designation.  Regular graduates got white ones.  

In a typical school system, Natalee would have been a valedictorian.  As it is, she finished well within the top 25% -- no small feat.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1113 on: June 22, 2005, 05:10:16 PM »

iquitos wrote:

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: FAR REACHES OF THE REALM  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE THE DUTCH STANDARDS OF INTERROGATION ARE BEING FOLLOWED BUT I WOULD NOT BE SO SURE. THIS IS NOT THE METROPOLE. THIS IS THE FAR REACHES OF THE REALM. FROM WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED ABOUT PRISON CONDITIONS IN ARUBA, WE MIGHT EXTRAPOLATE ABOUT TINTERROGATION STANDARDS TOO. IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE DUTCH ARE REAL STINGY WITH THEIR POSSESSIONS. THEY INVEST AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. IS THERE A LAW FACULTY IN THE NED ANTILLES/ARUBA? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO IMPORT SO MANY DUTCH JUDICIAL PERSONNEL (LIKE PAULUS V/D SLOOT)?

If they don`t follow the standard  dutch laws concerning interrogation, then there is a very good possibility that the judge can dismis this, so I hope not ! And if it`s true what they are doing with the interrogation then it is b/c of al the media attention there is for this case, that the feel pressured in a way, but i doubt that.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
nisxan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1114 on: June 22, 2005, 05:10:25 PM »

This theory about the tour security guards is the most intriguing I've heard in a while, and I think it definitely deserves a look.

IMHO
melrose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1115 on: June 22, 2005, 05:10:41 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"

and "Miss" Hill
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1116 on: June 22, 2005, 05:10:46 PM »

<<I thought Natalee was an honors student with like a 4.0+ gpa?>>

Her high school looks to have a lot of achievers.  Average of over two Advanced Placement tests taken per graduate.  Full academic scholarships to top-tier universities don't grow on trees.
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1117 on: June 22, 2005, 05:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Just to add...

It has been described to me (and I have seen it from another blog) that KIA is described to be like the turkish prison in the novel Midnight Express

:::cringes:::

May I also add it doesn't air... I can only imagine what conditions are there.. yikes!

~~CRINGE~~ - no sh##.  That's the only movie I've ever walked out on.  Could not take those scenes & I'm pretty tough.
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1118 on: June 22, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
think about it.... holy shit... these guys in the black shirt.. say they are from the concert. they are staying at the holiday inn. they are also leaving the next day, the tour they are on is prolly going to other islands, and they prolly have a lotta trunks for clothing and equipment...they could easily leave the island with natalee in a trunk....aboard their own (tour promoters) plane...thats why you see no trace of her anywhere....

not dismissing any possibility in what you said Rob, but would like to add that in my experience working on island productions, alot of the time the satging equip and other gear is traveled via ship...also many times the staging crew, lighting crew as well as the security is crewed by one of several prominent inter-island prodcution companies

wasnt alilah killed on a plane that was overloaded with equipment doing basically the same type of tour..?

funny you mention aliyah, i was actually called to work on that video shoot a couple of days prior in miami.....#1-bahamas are wayyy far north from alot of carribbean islands  #2-it was a video shoot, not a concert  #3-generally with an american prodcution company contracted by the record company, they use american technical people as well as gear which is rented from a rental house in sout florida and sent via cargo plane  #4-her plane contained too many people(i guess)and whatever personal items they had

think positive
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1119 on: June 22, 2005, 05:12:39 PM »

Hello Ella`s mom welcome Smile

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.