March 28, 2024, 10:33:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 17 - 6/22/05  (Read 384133 times)
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1500 on: June 22, 2005, 07:40:16 PM »

Quote from: "RubaRiba"
there seems to be security guards all over the place, no wonder everyone felt safe  Very Happy

In my opinion, this false sense of security may have very well played a roll in all of this.  Just a thought.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1501 on: June 22, 2005, 07:41:08 PM »

Yes Angie, it was a compliment.

And the transcript of Greta's interview is on Fox's site - however I have the weird assed feeling something is missing from it...
pybird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1502 on: June 22, 2005, 07:42:08 PM »

Quote from: "HLSlawyerchik"
Don't know if anyone found a photo of security at the Soul Beach event yet, but I found a photo of one guy in a black T-shirt that says "Security" on the back:

http://www.kikotakiko.com/gallery1.php?album=223&item=Photogallery&bekijk=7

Good catch, HLS!
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1503 on: June 22, 2005, 07:43:05 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Does anyone know if the 3 are in agreement (at least according to what we are told are their stories) on how Natalee came to be in the car with the three of them?

Were Deepak and Satish at the bar? Did they arrive at the bar as it was closing to pick Joran up, by prior arrangement? By happenstance?

It doesn't appear that a single one of the other kids is able to state definitively that they saw her in the car with all 3 of them. Or any of them. There are differing reports of whether she was in a car with some people who were not visibly identifiable, or in a taxi.

- deepak and satish not reported observed to have been at bar but if not how did joran get there?  As to the trip back it could have been a chance meeting or a prearrangement assuming there was intent to take natalee for a ride.  (see deepak email which says they all went)

- some saw her get into a grey car they thought was a taxi  (see arlees account posted by me earlier today off an aruba board)

-
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1504 on: June 22, 2005, 07:43:23 PM »

Quote from: "RB"

And the transcript of Greta's interview is on Fox's site - however I have the weird assed feeling something is missing from it...

OK RB.. Then thank you for the compliment.. I am having a hard time keeping up.. I thought work at 911 was bad.. and multi tasking.. ALthought I am no longer there cause my child was struck by a vehicle...and I had to do my OWN police work...another story in its self... but thanks..  Laughing
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1505 on: June 22, 2005, 07:43:24 PM »

LOL RB, well my lips don't zip. And it seems to me that the only thing any of the other kids have been able to do is point out Joran as someone with whom Natalee was dancing, had spoken to, and one young lady said she saw her with someone tall with dark hair that she believed was Joran shortly before the bar closed.

Have any of the kids been able to point out Deepak and Satish and say they also saw her with them?
melrose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1506 on: June 22, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »

someone here must have tivo'd it.  they also have that disclaimer about the transcript might not be accurate
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1507 on: June 22, 2005, 07:44:02 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
RE:  TAXI vs. CAR

I have read several people say that in Aruba, the taxis look like regular cars.  MB people have said that eye witnesses assumed Natalee was in a taxi when she left.

The report I saw say her friends offered her a ride but she wanted to stay with Joran and the Kalpoes.
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1508 on: June 22, 2005, 07:44:17 PM »

Island & Angie,
That's a point I've brought up a few times.  Dash told me the taxis that lined up in front of the HI were not uniform but looked like individual private cars.  Of all the stories initially circulated, all we heard was that she'd gotten in a taxi with somebody.  I think that may be why there was not more alarm among her classmates.  The girl also said there were groups of them waiting for other taxis.

It wasn't until BH made one of the first tv appearances that we learned it was a private car.  The color was the same in both stories, but after BH's statement, everyone then referred to it as "his car."

So F.E.'s statement & correction suggests she was one of the ones who'd thought it was a taxi.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1509 on: June 22, 2005, 07:44:53 PM »

Yes I heard that the parents had some type of confrontation also.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1510 on: June 22, 2005, 07:45:16 PM »

Have any of the kids been able to point out Deepak and Satish and say they also saw her with them?

Nope, that I have seen.  But I reserve the necessary right to be wrong...
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1511 on: June 22, 2005, 07:45:17 PM »

Anyone see Beth Holloway on Fox today? Seems like she still thinks Joran and the Kalpoes are the ones responsible after her meeting with Jorans parents. Shocked
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1512 on: June 22, 2005, 07:45:25 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Okay, the security guards in black t-shirts were from the "first concert night," which featured Wyclef. The photos from the beach during the day had guys in what looked like white security t-shirts. But I don't think there was a concert of any type during the day event, so who knows what entity those white t-shirt guys were working for.

I believe it would have been the 2nd "concert night" that took place on Natalee's last night in Aruba. With Lauryn Hill and Boyz II Men. Those photos are here:

http://www.kikotakiko.com/gallery1.php?album=228&item=Photogallery&bekijk=0

I notice that Wyclef is listed as a guest star at that event too. The only security guard I could find in this last set of photos is a guy standing way back from the crowd wearing a white UNIFORM (not t-shirt) and a badge. I think that photo is on page 2, 2/3 of the way down (security guard is in the background).

Maybe the guy(s) in black security t-shirts are part of Wyclef's personal security/entourage?

LMAO Kerin! LArissa was at the concert! Hmmmm wonder if Joran went?

Yeah I am wondering that too! Don't you feel like you almost know Larissa we have seen her so much??

LMAO Yes! Aside from Joran being everywhere..this girl is too..

And on top of that where was Larissa at 1:30am? Everyone else on the island was out and about.

Ahhhh haw! ::;getin out her flashlight and looks for Larissa::::

she was at Lorenzo's...

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1513 on: June 22, 2005, 07:46:32 PM »

I have read several people say that in Aruba, the taxis look like regular cars

And if memory serves me, others have said that no, the taxis are not all one kind of car, but are clearly marked as taxis.

This seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to clear up, if any of the posters in Aruba are around.
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1514 on: June 22, 2005, 07:46:42 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
RE:  TAXI vs. CAR

I have read several people say that in Aruba, the taxis look like regular cars.  MB people have said that eye witnesses assumed Natalee was in a taxi when she left.

Do people drive on right or left there?  Steering wheel on right/left?
harleymom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1515 on: June 22, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »

Hi all,
Are the taxis in aruba marked and obviously taxis?  Here they just use regular cars with a phone number on the door and a 12" round medalion stuck on the rear fender. Do the taxis all show up and hang by the clubs at closing time?  Could it have been easy for Natalee's friends to assume it was a taxi?

Also do they sell bouncer t-shirts and Security T-shirts at the tourist shops?  I know some places have a touristy versions of these shirts.
melrose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1516 on: June 22, 2005, 07:47:27 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Okay, the security guards in black t-shirts were from the "first concert night," which featured Wyclef. The photos from the beach during the day had guys in what looked like white security t-shirts. But I don't think there was a concert of any type during the day event, so who knows what entity those white t-shirt guys were working for.

I believe it would have been the 2nd "concert night" that took place on Natalee's last night in Aruba. With Lauryn Hill and Boyz II Men. Those photos are here:

http://www.kikotakiko.com/gallery1.php?album=228&item=Photogallery&bekijk=0

I notice that Wyclef is listed as a guest star at that event too. The only security guard I could find in this last set of photos is a guy standing way back from the crowd wearing a white UNIFORM (not t-shirt) and a badge. I think that photo is on page 2, 2/3 of the way down (security guard is in the background).

Maybe the guy(s) in black security t-shirts are part of Wyclef's personal security/entourage?

LMAO Kerin! LArissa was at the concert! Hmmmm wonder if Joran went?

Yeah I am wondering that too! Don't you feel like you almost know Larissa we have seen her so much??

LMAO Yes! Aside from Joran being everywhere..this girl is too..

And on top of that where was Larissa at 1:30am? Everyone else on the island was out and about.

Ahhhh haw! ::;getin out her flashlight and looks for Larissa::::

she was at Lorenzo's...
fact?
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1517 on: June 22, 2005, 07:48:22 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

OK RB.. Then thank you for the compliment.. I am having a hard time keeping up.. I thought work at 911 was bad.. and multi tasking.. ALthought I am no longer there cause my child was struck by a vehicle...and I had to do my OWN police work...another story in its self... but thanks..  Laughing
OMG!! Hope your child is okay!!

Need a rose emoticon.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1518 on: June 22, 2005, 07:48:34 PM »

Nope, that I have seen. But I reserve the necessary right to be wrong...

OK, so who "fingered" the Kalpoes?
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1519 on: June 22, 2005, 07:48:42 PM »

Also do they sell bouncer t-shirts and Security T-shirts at the tourist shops? I know some places have a touristy versions of these shirts

Don't but if they do I need one.  I'll give it to absolut with a big piece of duct tape under the SECURITY part with Sharpie lettering:

Scared Monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.