April 28, 2024, 12:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #506 8/4 - 8/6/2006  (Read 164175 times)
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2006, 10:01:13 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

ROFLMAO!!! Wink

Bring Natalee home...
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2006, 10:03:46 AM »

Hey, Mishy.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2006, 10:05:20 AM »

Leslie,

Thanks for bringing that article...I had never read it and have long wondered where the "delicious" quote came from and in what context it was used...It still makes no sense to me for a mother to refer to her own son as delicious...It is an eye opening article and points out the fact that Joran feels like he can talk his way into or out of anything, and he's proud of it...

Obviously Natalee was not so easily convinced and it pi$$ed him off...

Bring Natalee home...
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2006, 10:05:32 AM »

It's sunny & warm here in NJ.  Was awakened by an early phone call, and have been reading here and elsewhere...now on 2nd cup of coffee.  

Peaches, I hope you are feeling okay today.

Reading the sexual adventures of JVDS at age 14 makes me see the island youth no different than the vendors hawking their souvenirs...just the opposite approach, sotospeak.  Naive, I may be, but it is bothersome to think that island youth are part of this game, which appears to be accepted.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Hey, Mishy.

Good morning Peaches....Howzit going in your neck of the woods?

Is it

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2006, 10:08:09 AM »

I'd love to have this sticker made up to put on all of the letters I mail, but wonder if that would be a copyright violation?

Bring Natalee home...
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2006, 10:09:38 AM »

It's going to be another scorcher I believe.  Sounds like a pool day to me.

Expect a miracle.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »

Well, I'm going to have to jet for a little while and take care of some odds 'n ends around the house...

I'd like to encourage anyone who hasn't already signed up, to get in on the prayer chain. The family needs prayers now, more than ever, and so do many of us here. The sign up thread is in the lounge, as well as a prayer request thread....

I hope everyone has a great day and stay cool!!

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2006, 10:59:14 AM »

GOODMORNING ALL!

I've created a label that can be used with standard AVERY address labels.

Please go to this thread for instructions and an email address you can use to get the label template from me in a Word template:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=157
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2006, 11:06:17 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
As requested:

http://www.bndestem.nl/binnenland/article213298.ece

Rough translation (by Iquitos at FOB) with assistance from babelfish. Still needs work.

' Joran is a delicious boy ' by Floor Ligtvoet Thursday 30 March 2006 -

After some flirting at Carlos n Charlie's and necking in the car, he explained, he brought Natalee back to her to hotel. Instead he left the little girl alone on the beach, he later admitted. The American media jumped on an all out hunt for Joran. Weekly photographs and old video of the Dutchman filled the American news shows. He is called a liar, a rapist, and an assassin. Joran's possible involvement in Natalee's disappearance proves to be a ratings hit. In one go the seventeen-year-old adolescent is world-famous. Who he is and from what kind of a nest he comes, is well known. Still for Anita van der Sloot, Joran’s mother, in the family house in the rural district of Noord where the dog smells the visitor before the gate opens. "Quiet", Anita quiets the loudly barking dog, "It is OK." The small blonde woman enters to a large dining table to sit. She is really not in the mood to talk. The family has already had so much crap poured out about them. But the flow of rumors concerning Joran does not stop. A day earlier a high-level police source whispered anonymously, that joran had been treated for lying. Nonsense, asserts Anita firmly. Her son has undergone only counseling to improve his study habits. Jorans father, former judge in training Paul van der sloot arrives after a long workday. Tired, he gives a deep sigh: "Joran lies no more than every other adolescent." Paul wants rest at home. The family has the last year stood under enormous pressure, he complains. Their oldest, Joran, is surely not an angel. Every detail from his personal life is entirely taken out of context. "We must refer to the disappearance not the murder." He talks gently and in a controlled way concerning his child, but Anita excites herself concerning the bad tales that circulate on the island. Joran gambling - and sex-addicted? He is simply a delicious youth! A delicious adolescent, who lives for friends, sport, and family. Oké, he has adolescent traits. Not always sticks to his appointments. If he is supposed to be home at one at night her turns off his cell so his parents can't call him. If he gets in trouble later, he gives his concerned mother three thick kisses. They don't have to worry, he is home now. Anita is enraged that her son is accused of rape. "He was in fact very loving with his girlfriends" Joran had always many little girls around him but the contact was frequently only friendly, she says. "They went with each other for as a brother and sisters" Paul wants to show Joran's room. However., friends, both little girls and boys, could always spend the night he says as he crosses the garden to the outbuilding. Since he was 15 Joran had here, beside the swimming pool and at a reasonable distance of the parental house, his own bedroom and bathroom. Paul opens the door carefully. "Look, here slept four or five during the sleepovers. It was always completely normal. On Aruba it is normal to sleep over at someone else's place. Minors are on the island entirely dependent on parents or friends with a driver’s license pick up and bring them. During a conversation in Arnhem Joran says he was always super-glad have his own room. “The privacy was very fine, especially if there were friends." Of course he had also ordinary friendships with girls, says he as he hears his parents reaction. "One girlfriend slept ten times in my bed without ever something happening between us." Attraction must come, as it happens, however, from two sides, finds he. If that is the case, however, he does not see, honestly said, the problem. Joran was already from age 14 having sex with girls. Also American. "On the island there lives a little the feeling that they are easy. There are guys who go to the beach to hook up with them. He has done that himself "but” he emphasizes, "I have always treated them with respect." So if the girl does not want sex, then OK, its back to the hotel." It should have been that way with Natalee but she wanted to stay on the beach, he says. Thus he left her behind. Joran has always affirmed he did not have sex that fatal night with natalee because he that evening had no condoms on him.

Thank you Leslie for the article.

Who goes to counseling to improve their study habits.  This woman lies like a rug.
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2006, 11:10:23 AM »

HI EVERYONE --

what a super idea about the mailing labels and stamps!!
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »

Klaas -- is there any way I can get my avatar back (the old Gretarocks one).  Don't know how to do it ...
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2006, 11:20:41 AM »

Quote from: "Windsor"
Klaas -- is there any way I can get my avatar back (the old Gretarocks one).  Don't know how to do it ...

I'm not Klaas but you have to have the image, host it on Photobucket and paste it in the third spot in your profile.  Geez, I am no help.

Expect a miracle.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »

Just stopped by to say hi!   Everyone have a good weekend and hopefully something good will happen for Natalee's family soon..   bye
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »

thanks for the info, Peaches -- but I'm computer stupid ...

well, I e-mailed Klaas about the mailing label template, and I'm going to plaster those suckers all over my mail

gotta go, monkeys ... later  Cool
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2006, 11:27:58 AM »

Windsor do you have your icon on your computer hard drive?  If you do then you have to host it on a public server such as the one Peaches mention.. Its free and I will give you the url for it.. http://www.photobucket.com/   Once you post it there you have to picked the third option in Scared Monkeys Your Profile:

Here are the choices:

1.Upload Avatar from your machine:  
2.Upload Avatar from a URL:
3.Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image, it will be copied to this site.  
4.Link to off-site Avatar:
Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to.

Choose 3..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2006, 11:29:06 AM »

Quote from: "Windsor"

Copy the link BELOW, then go to your profile and paste it into the THIRD option in your profile in the AVATAR area.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/klaasend/gretarocks2-1.gif
Windsor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »

YIPPEEE -- thanks, everyone!  

ok; now I really have to go; have a meeting; gotta love working for yourself ...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2006, 11:34:48 AM »

I've sent the template to everyone that has emailed me so far.  Please check your email  Wink
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2006, 11:36:28 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Leslie,

Thanks for bringing that article...I had never read it and have long wondered where the "delicious" quote came from and in what context it was used...It still makes no sense to me for a mother to refer to her own son as delicious...It is an eye opening article and points out the fact that Joran feels like he can talk his way into or out of anything, and he's proud of it...

Obviously Natalee was not so easily convinced and it pi$$ed him off...

I too thank Leslie for this article. I especially thank her for it being in English'  Wink
It disgusts me that any Mother would describe her son as....'delicious'. That is just plain gross. I am about the farthest in your imagination of being a prude. Never have been, never will be and when my Son was in his teens I gave him much more leaniancy than I should have, but I made a promise to myself I would never confine him in the way I was confined. I had to lie and sneak out in order to do anything, anything at all!! I did not want him to have to go through what I did as a teen growing up. With as much leaniancy as Joran was given as an early teen, I find it hard to believe he had to ever 'sneak out' to do anything. Just another lie.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.