April 25, 2024, 11:07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18 Year Old Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell Missing Since 3/3/15 in Norfolk, VA  (Read 40796 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-anjelica-hadsell-n324491

Justice for AJ!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:03 PM »

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/27/aj-hadsells-mother-arrested-accused-of-buying-alcohol-for-minor/

AJ Hadsell’s mother arrested, accused of buying alcohol for minor
POSTED 7:03 PM, APRIL 27, 2015, BY MARISSA JASEK

Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Police have arrested Jennifer Hadsell, the mother of murdered teen Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. She’s accused of buying alcohol for a minor. We now know it was Jennifer’s ex-husband, Zach Hoffer, who filed that charge over the weekend.
Hoffer is AJ’s former step-father and says he raised her until she was a teenager. Hoffer says he also shares custody of their two daughters.

The day investigators found AJ’s remains he spoke only with NewsChannel 3.

“It was a broken home by the time she was see 9 yeah so she was still loved very much so,” he told us.

In a text about Jennifer’s charge, Hoffer said: “All I can say is I am doing this to protect my daughters and would not have done it if I didn’t strongly feel their wellbeing has been compromised.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 06:10:07 AM »

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/27/aj-hadsells-mother-arrested-accused-of-buying-alcohol-for-minor/

AJ Hadsell’s mother arrested, accused of buying alcohol for minor
POSTED 7:03 PM, APRIL 27, 2015, BY MARISSA JASEK

Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Police have arrested Jennifer Hadsell, the mother of murdered teen Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. She’s accused of buying alcohol for a minor. We now know it was Jennifer’s ex-husband, Zach Hoffer, who filed that charge over the weekend.
Hoffer is AJ’s former step-father and says he raised her until she was a teenager. Hoffer says he also shares custody of their two daughters.

The day investigators found AJ’s remains he spoke only with NewsChannel 3.

“It was a broken home by the time she was see 9 yeah so she was still loved very much so,” he told us.

In a text about Jennifer’s charge, Hoffer said: “All I can say is I am doing this to protect my daughters and would not have done it if I didn’t strongly feel their wellbeing has been compromised.”

This poor girl (AJ) had 4 "parents" and all of them seem to put themselves first.  Woulda coulda shoulda.  Too late.   

AJ should not die without us learning from her life, she had much to teach us and her voice was cut off way too soon.  Hug your kids now, tomorrow is not promised.     This is so very sad, each one in his or her own way let her down.     Now they all miss her. 

There are so many questions, I find myself asking why after so many things that have happened here.  Not one parent was close enough to know she had a person she was terrified of.  Why?  Why make someone who has a history of hurting women your child's "father?"  This question is not just for AJ's family, but for the other potential AJ's out there.  Your relationship with someone should not cloud your judgment as you decide what is best for your child.  If you are angry at your spouse, get someone who is completely independent and trustworthy to help you make decisions.  Stop using your children as game pieces.  This is real life.  Not a game. 

It is interesting her father has "game over" tattooed on his eyelids.  They were playing war games with an innocent child who had her whole life ahead of her.  She was very talented and a valuable contributor to the world around her, especially for someone so young.  Some selfish individual had to have her to himself and not let anyone else have her.  Why take her away?   Why?   

Prayers for all who love her.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 02:03:55 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/anjelica-hadsells-death-linked-heroin-poisoning-n383051

First published June 27th 2015, 12:01 pm

Anjelica Hadsell's Death Linked to Heroin Poisoning

Norfolk's Chief Medical Examiner has determined Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell died from "acute heroin poisoning."

Norfolk police spokesman Sam Shenouda said Friday that the manner of death is still undetermined.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »

http://wtkr.com/2015/06/29/aj-hadsells-father-believes-her-final-text-messages-were-sent-by-someone-else/

AJ Hadsell’s father believes her final text messages were sent by someone else

POSTED 6:35 AM, JUNE 29, 2015, BY MARISSA JASEK, UPDATED AT 06:55AM, JUNE 29, 2015

Norfolk, Va. – For the first time since Anjelica ‘AJ’ Hadsell`s body was found, her adoptive father Wesley Hadsell spoke exclusively with NewsChannel 3 from behind bars.

Wesley Hadsell believes his own family is setting him up – making it look like he murdered AJ.

We recently learned the 18-year-old died of acute heroin poisoning, but the circumstances surrounding her death are still undetermined.

He also named specific people who he thinks is responsible for AJ’s disappearance and death.

But a lot of the conversation focused on his drug use – and whether AJ had a drug problem.

Wesley shared new details about AJ’s final text messages to him – messages he believes were sent by someone else.

“The text messages from Anjelica were saying that she used heroin two week prior to her disappearance. ”

“Wait a minute. What text messages?”

“Oh you don`t know about those then. Anjelica texted us throughout the day of March 2nd after no one physically saw her after 2 pm I guess. Anjelica’s phone communicated with my phone and her mother’s phone. That`s why in the beginning I said that was not my daughter texting, someone had her phone. I can`t prove that but that person texted us and came out in little bits and pieces that she had used heroin two weeks prior to her death.”

Wesley stood firm in his belief that AJ never had a drug problem – but thinks someone tried to make it look like she did.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 08:26:40 AM »

http://wavy.com/2016/03/04/new-witness-comes-forward-in-hadsell-case/

New witness comes forward in Hadsell case
By Kevin Green
Published: March 4, 2016, 11:50 am  Updated: March 4, 2016, 6:24 pm

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A new witness could testify against Wesley Hadsell in connection with the disappearance and death of his adopted daughter Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell, according to court documents.

In a motion filed Thursday, Hadsell’s public defender Keith Kimball requested for leave to withdraw as his counsel.

Kimball states that another client represented by the same office has come forward with information as well as interests “adverse to those of Mr. Hadsell.”

Federal lawyers believe this witness has information that could directly tie Wesley Hadsell to AJ’s death.

Police arrested Wesley Hadsell on an unrelated charged during their investigation. He became a person of interest in the investigation of AJ’s death — but never a suspect.

“The investigators themselves have been surrounded by this evidence, been wanting to pursue this, wanting to put the person responsible behind bars for AJ Hadsell’s family,” said Officer Daniel Hudson, who would not say if the department was building a case against Mr. Hadsell.

The documents filed Thursday say the witness has already provided information to law enforcement in the hopes of getting a reduction in his or her sentence in a different case.

Wesley Hadsell was set to be sentenced March 18, after he pleaded guilty to a federal weapons charge last November.

There’s no word if his sentencing will be postponed.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »

http://wavy.com/2016/03/02/special-report-the-mysterious-death-of-anjelica-hadsell/

The Mysterious Death of AJ Hadsell: One Year Later
By Joe Fisher
Published: March 2, 2016, 7:22 am  Updated: March 2, 2016, 7:55 pm

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Loved ones are still waiting for closure one year after Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell disappeared.

The girl who family and friends say had bright future vanished on March 2, 2015. She was last seen by a neighbor near her home on Millard Street in the Tarralton neighborhood.

The star athlete, college freshman and loving daughter, sister and friend was later found dead on an abandoned property 50 miles from her home. To this day, no one in the public knows how she got there.

“She’s always on my mind,” said Jennifer Hadsell, who says she thinks about the case everyday. “You don’t stop thinking about it … Some days you play over things that ‘were there signs? What would you do differently?'”

Mrs. Hadsell says she believes text messages sent from her daughter’s phone in the two days following her disappearance were being answered by someone else. Then, communication cut off and was never reconnected.

In the midst of the search, police arrested Wesley Hadsell, her adoptive father, on unrelated charges. He became a person of interest in the case — but never a suspect.

Mr. Hadsell admitted to 10 On Your Side from jail that he broke into a home to investigate his daughter’s mysterious absence and found the jacket she was last seen wearing.

Mr. Hadsell has maintained his innocence when asked by 10 On Your Side’s Joe Fisher  if he was involved in his adopted daughter’s case.

April 9, 2015, the 38th day of the search, police say “their investigation” led them to an abandoned home on Smiths Ferry Road in Franklin. They found human remains that were positively identified as Hadsell the next day.

In June, the medical examiner said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning, but her manner of death was ruled undetermined.

Eric Korslund, who represented Mr. Hadsell on various state charges before they were dropped, says the undetermined death could prove to be difficult for investigators.

“I think the biggest unknown is ‘was she murdered?'” said Korslund. “If [police] tried to prove or persuade anybody that Wesley Hadsell was responsible for her death they are going to have to show that he put heroin in her body without her permission [and] without her consent. That would be the only way they could prove homicide against Wesley Hadsell in my opinion.”

Korslund believes the best evidence against Hadsell are GPS coordinates from his work truck that put him just feet from the home where AJ’s body was found.

“It raises suspicioun, absolutely,” said Korslund. “There is that connection there; but again, nobody knows what happened inside that house.”

Norfolk police says there’s been progress behind-the-scenes, but they did not release any new details for this story in fear of compromising the case.

Mrs. Hadsell is hoping persistence from the authorities will eventually pay off in the form of an arrest.

“No matter how fast the charges are brought and the charges are done nothing is going to bring her back,” said Mrs. Hadsell. “Get it right. So the person who did it is held accountable for what they did.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 08:58:10 AM »

Older article, discussion of new possession of heroin charge.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-hadsell-charged-with-possession-of-heroin/

Documents: Authorities believed Hadsell abducted AJ
POSTED 7:45 AM, OCTOBER 8, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, UPDATED AT 09:25PM, OCTOBER 8, 2015

Norfolk, Va. -  Wesley Hadsell is now facing a new charge for possession of heroin, NewsChannel 3 has learned.

The charge was filed Wednesday.

Hadsell has been in jail for the last 8 months on charges that arose from the police investigation into the disappearance and death of his adopted daughter Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell.

"There`s no question that they`re looking at him under a microscope and they have been for a very long time," says Eric Korslund, Hadsell's attorney for the heroin charge.

Investigators have never publicly named Hadsell as a suspect, but new federal court filings reveal they believed Hadsell abducted AJ. The documents say for a week in March detectives conducted surveillance on him.

They watched Hadsell driving erratically, changing his clothes, at one point even wearing a mask to hide his face. The records say police used that as probable cause to then search Hadsell's hotel room.

We've known for a while federal agents found bullets -- last month he was charged with possession of ammunition as a felon. However, for the first time we're learning what else police found in his room that day.

"9 millimeter rounds, white socks, a game system, lap top, shoes paperwork and duct tape. No heroin is listed whatsoever," Korslund says.

Investigators also found suspected drug residue during a search. After formal analysis by the Virginia Division of Forensic Science, the substance was confirmed to be heroin. We still don't know where police discovered the heroin, only that they found it on the same day they searched Hadsell's hotel.

"I think this evidence applies to other individuals," Korslund says. "There was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ who had a closer relationship than just her step dad. He`s one piece of the puzzle."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »

Another older article with good info imo.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/

The mystery behind the discovery of AJ Hadsell’s body
POSTED 7:20 PM, OCTOBER 28, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, MIKE MATHER AND MARISSA JASEK, UPDATED AT 06:32PM, OCTOBER 30, 2015

Southampton County, Va. - Law-enforcement sources are telling NewsChannel 3 that investigators in April used tracking data stored inside a GPS taken from Wesley Hadsell’s work van to find his adopted daughter’s body.

Our sources said that when they examined that data, it led them directly to a house on Smiths Ferry Road in Southampton County. There, on April 9, Norfolk police and other agents assisting them found human remains later identified as those of Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. She had been missing a month and was the subject of a massive search.

At the time, police declined to say what led them to that abandoned brick ranch near the North Carolina line, but now sources are revealing they essentially followed a trail stored in a GPS unit.

Those sources said the trail showed the GPS typically used by Wesley Hadsell indicates the unit traveled south on Smiths Ferry Road, past the abandoned house, and continued into North Carolina. There, according to the sources, the track shows the GPS unit turned around and traveled back into Virginia. The track took the GPS into the driveway of the house.

Wesley Hadsell has told NewsChannel 3 repeatedly he was familiar with that area of Southampton County because his work for a company called Quality Plumbing and Mechanical often took him there. But in an interview with NewsChannel 3’s Marissa Jasek, he denied he had ever been to that house.

Law-enforcement sources also told NewsChannel 3 they have records and a video showing Hadsell bought gas not far from the abandoned house. The sources said the video shows Hadsell looking around nervously as he fueled his van. That video is mentioned briefly in a federal court filing by Hadsell’s attorney, Keith Kimball. However, Kimball wrote the video depicts “nothing.”

Before AJ’s body was found, Norfolk police charged Hadsell with interfering in their investigation. Hadsell admitted he broke into a neighbor’s house, where he told NewsChannel 3 he found AJ’s college jacket. That neighbor told us police later questioned him about AJ’s disappearance. He told investigators he had nothing to do with it and that he passed a lie-detector test.

Police later dropped Hadsell’s state charges, but federal prosecutors indicted Hadsell for being a felon in possession of ammunition. Police said when they arrested Hadsell at a hotel, they found bullets in his room. A search of his cell phone later uncovered a video showing him and AJ at a Chesapeake shooting range in December, 2013.

Norfolk detectives have refused to talk about this case in public. But court filings make it clear they were investigating Hadsell for AJ’s disappearance. A Norfolk police search-warrant, filed under seal, says police wanted to search Hadsell’s hotel room. Under the crime they were investigating, they wrote, “murder,” according to federal court filings. The medical examiner said AJ died of acute heroin poisoning. No one has been charged in her death.

Those federal court filings also show police seized and searched Wesley Hadsell’s iPhone 6. The documents for that search have been sealed. But our sources say investigators were able to see that Hadsell’s cell phone, and AJ’s cell phone were together around the time she was last seen. The sources would not be more specific. From court filings, it appears AJ’s phone wasn’t used after she vanished. Hadsell has said he was not with AJ on March 2, the day she was last seen. Hadsell told Jasek in an interview he and his wife began receiving strange texts from AJ’s cell phone that day, indicating she had been using heroin. Hadsell told us he believes someone else was sending those messages.

NewsChannel 3 contacted the Norfolk Police Department for a comment to this story. Public affairs Officer Melinda Wray sent this statement:

"The Norfolk Police Department wants to ensure the public that Anjelica's case is both active and open. Norfolk detectives have been and will continue to pursue each and every lead presented. NPD remains committed to providing Anjelica and her family the justice they deserve, and the department's work is not complete until that day comes."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 10:03:41 AM »

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/mycity/norfolk/wesley-hadsell-sentenced-to-20-years-in-federal-prison/352381637

Wesley Hadsell sentenced to 20 years in federal prison

13News Now Eric Kane has the story

Staff , WVEC 6:25 PM. EST November 15, 2016

(Photo: Booking photo)

NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- A federal judge sentenced Wesley Hadsell to 20 years in prison Tuesday for an ammunition charge that dated back to 2013.

Hadsell pleaded guilty to the charge earlier this year.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Court Judge Arenda Wright Allen considered the totality of Hadsell's criminal history, which began when he was 12, and ruled he was an armed career criminal.

The classification increased the minimum sentencing guideline for Hadsell from 10 years to 15 years.

The judge's sentence of 20 years is five more years than the prosecution requested, and surprised Hadsell's defense attorney Jason Dunn.

"Obviously we're disappointed today in the court's ruling today on the armed career criminal classification of my client that enabled her to double his sentence," said Dunn. "He was only going to be subject to to 10 years before that and we intend to appeal."

Hadsell first came into the spotlight after his stepdaughter, 18-year-old Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell disappeared in 2015.

Police discovered the ammunition while searching the hotel room where Hadsell was staying.

Judge Wright found it "mind-boggling" and "brazen" for Hadsell to knowingly possess ammunition given his criminal record.

"There's no question in the court's mind that we're safer as a society if you're not here for a while," Wright said.

Hadsell has not been charged in his stepdaughter's death.

Investigators found Hadsell's body in April 2015 near an abandoned home in Southampton County. The medical examiner's office determined she died from acute heroin poisoning.

Hadsell, 38, still faces another charge for the heroin police found in the hotel where he kept the ammo.

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.