March 28, 2024, 11:36:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahizya Osceola 3yrs old missing from Hollywood Florida 3/19/15  (Read 13273 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 20, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »

http://www.local10.com/news/police-search-for-missing-3yearold-in-hollywood/31893770

Police search for missing 3-year-old in Hollywood
Boy last seen Thursday morning in 5400 block of Johnson Street

Author: Peter Burke, Managing Editor, pburke@local10.com
Published On: Mar 19 2015 02:02:14 PM EDT   Updated  1 h

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -

Police are searching for a missing 3-year-old boy in Hollywood.

Ahziya Osceola was last seen about 10 a.m. in the 5400 block of Johnson Street. He was last seen wearing a Florida State University sweatshirt and burgundy sweatpants.

Hollywood police, Seminole police and Broward Sheriff's Office deputies were all assisting in the search.

The boy's mother, Karen Cypress, said her son is "very adventurous" and is known to wander off.

"I'm just hoping that he's going to magically appear somewhere," Cypress said.

Hollywood police Chief Frank Fernandez said his officers "are leaving nothing to chance."

Kenneth Tommie said his grandson was being watched by the boy's stepmother when he disappeared. He was last seen sleeping in his room.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:08:27 AM »

http://www.wsvn.com/story/28563961/hollywood-police-searching-for-missing-3-year-old

3-year-old still missing as police suspend search, investigate
Posted: Mar 19, 2015 11:06 AM PST Updated: Mar 19, 2015 7:35 PM PST

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (WSVN) -- Hollywood Police have ceased an active search for an endangered 3-year-old boy after issuing a statewide alert for the child who has been missing since Thursday morning.

Ahziya Osceola, a member of the Seminole tribe, was last seen at his home, located at 5420 Johnson Street in Hollywood, at around 10 a.m., Thursday. But as of 6:30 p.m. Thursday, approximately six hours after initially searching for the boy, the search had been suspended in the immediate area but police taped off the family home interviewed the family.

Earlier on Thursday, Broward Sheriff's Office helicopters were seen flying over areas that may not be accessible on the ground and brought out bloodhounds to assist in the search.

Hollywood Police Chief Frank Fernandez said his department and others are assisting in the search and they need the public to get involved. "It is extremely important that we all work together as a community to bring this child back home where he belongs," said Fernandez. "We received a call through the Seminole Police Department reporting that a 3-year-old child had been missing. It appears the child was last seen between the hours of 9 a.m. and noon. He was inside the house, and somewhere between those hours, the child was reported missing. We've done significant searches throughout the neighborhood. We've gone door to door, house to house, by air and on foot knocking on every door, looking into every yard."

Fernandez continued, "We also had the dogs that were tracking down a scent from the child."

According to police, the boy was living with his stepmother and father, and he disappeared while his father was at work. "All I want is my baby back," said the boy's mother, Karen Cypress. "That's all I want ... He's very friendly, and he'll talk to anybody. I just don't want him harmed ... He's very adventurous, so I'm hoping he's gonna just magically appear somewhere. He just kind of wanders off if you're not paying too close attention to him."

The father, step-mother and other family members are said to be cooperating with the police investigation. According to authorities, the father and step-mother were last at a Hollywood police station.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 07:05:38 AM »

http://qa1.miamiherald.com/news/article1704522.html

Police: Search ends for missing 3-year-old Hollywood boy

the Hollywood Police Department issued a statement saying that the search has ended "due to developments" in the case.

I have a bad feeling about this.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »

http://qa1.miamiherald.com/news/article1704522.html

Police: Search ends for missing 3-year-old Hollywood boy

the Hollywood Police Department issued a statement saying that the search has ended "due to developments" in the case.

I have a bad feeling about this.

BBM
I agree TBM.  I've got a feeling the 8:30 news conference is going to deliver some very sad news.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Hollywood-Toddler-Reported-Missing-Police-296908841.html

Missing 3-Year-Old Found Dead Inside Home: Hollywood PD

The exhaustive search for a missing 3-year-old boy has ended, as Hollywood, Florida, police have confirmed that the toddler is dead.

Police made the heartbreaking announcement in a press conference Friday morning.  Chief Frank Fernandez said the body of 3-year-old Ahizya Osceola was discovered in an "obscure location" inside his father's home located at 5420 Johnson Street in Hollywood.

A criminal investigation is now underway, police say.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/03/19/missing-child-alert-hollywood-ahizya-osceola/25031403/

Missing 3-year-old Florida boy's body found

WFOR CBS 4 Miami, and WTSP 10 News 9:35 a.m. EDT March 20, 2015

HOLLYWOOD, Florida (CBSMiami) -- Police in Hollywood, Florida say they have found the body of a 3-year-old boy who has been missing since Thursday morning.

Ahizya Osceola's grandfather told CBS4's Gaby Fleischman over the phone that his grandson's body was found at the boy's home.

The home is roped off with yellow police tape and a criminal investigative unit was parked out front early Thursday.

No arrests have been made at this time, but Hollywood Police Chief Frank Fernandez said they are interviewing people who had access to the household.

"We are treating it as a criminal investigation until proven otherwise," Fernendez said.

Fernandez said the boy's body was found after an "exhaustive search of the house" in an "obscure section not readily visible to the average person."

He added, "The child did not place himself in that position."

Ahizya's body is being examined by the Medical Examiner's Office.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »

OMG. So sad. Another innocent taken by a monster.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »

OMG. So sad. Another innocent taken by a monster.

So true

GOD BLESS AMERICA
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »

OMG I had a feeling that was gonna be the outcome...poor poor baby....ugghh

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 08:38:20 PM »

I wonder who did it...the step Mother or the Dad....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »

I wonder who did it...the step Mother or the Dad....

higherhopes ... could the implication be that the father was not at home when Ahizya life came to a tragic end between 9 AM and noon?  How old are his siblings.

++++++

Siblings of Ahizya Osceola placed with relatives after child's death
March 21, 2015

As authorities investigate the death of a 3-year-old boy whose body was found inside his family's Hollywood home, his siblings have been placed with relatives.

<snipped>

The body of toddler Ahizya Osceola was found late Thursday in an "obscure" place within the house on the 5400 block of Johnson Street where he lived with his father and stepmother, Hollywood police said. They have not said how he died, and no arrest has been made.

The body's discovery followed a 12-hour search by detectives and bloodhounds that began just before noon Thursday, when a family member reported the child missing. Nelson Osceola said the child disappeared while his wife was sleeping.

<snipped>

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-hollywood-boy-death-folo-20150321-story.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

A TIMELINE

Boy, three, reported missing found dead 'in obscure location' inside Florida family home
20 March 2015

<snipped>

The body of a missing three-year-old boy was found inside his Florida family home where he lived with his father, step mother and two siblings.

Ahizya Osceola's body was discovered in an 'obscure location' inside the home late Thursday night, according to Hollywood Police Chief Frank Fernandez.

Authorities had been searching for the boy since he was reported missing on Thursday at approximately 11.48am. ....

Nelson, 24, told authorities he had last seen his son at 4am on Thursday when he went to check on his eight-month-old daughter at the home located on Johnson Street.

He said his wife, who has not been identified, was awake and the boy was still sleeping when he left home at 7.30am.

He was in contact with his wife for a couple of more hours that morning before she fell back asleep with the baby, and woke up realizing he had disappeared. She told Osceola that Ahizya was missing through a text message. ....

Chief Fernandez would not give further details on whether the child's body had possibly been hidden in this 'obscure location' or if he died accidentally while hiding there, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

However, he said on Friday morning during a press conference that a criminal investigation was ongoing.

<snipped>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3004457/Boy-3-dead-obscure-location-Florida-home.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »

Ahizya Osceola: Four Abuse Claims Against Parents Of Dead 3-Year-Old Investigated, Report Says
Posted: March 22, 2015

Little Ahizya Osceola, a 3-year-old toddler, was found dead in his father’s Hollywood, Florida, home Thursday night under mysterious circumstances, and police say they are investigating the boy’s death as possible criminal. On Saturday, news reports revealed that the boy’s parents had been investigated for abuse or neglect claims four times in the three years that the boy was alive.

In fact, the Department of Children and Families in Florida investigated Nelson Osceola and the boy’s mother, Karen Cypress — who now live apart — at least one time in every year of Ahizya Osceola’s all-too-brief life.

The most recent report occurred only last month, but according to a report in the Florida Sun-Sentinel newspaper, no signs of bodily harm to the boy were discovered at that time, nor in any of the three prior investigation.

<snipped>

http://www.inquisitr.com/1945249/ahizya-osceola-parents-abuse-report/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »

This little guy never stood a chance.

Toddler found dead inside Hollywood home mourned amid investigation
Posted: Mar 21, 2015

<snipped>

Broward Sheriff's Office is investigating on behalf of the Department of Children and Families. DCF officials said they have investigated Ahizya's family every year since he was born.

In 2014, Ahizya was removed from his mother's care after authorities found him wandering in a lobby while Cypress "was under the influence in her [hotel] room."

Ahizya was then placed under his father's care. Last month, DCF ordered an investigation of the family again. According to reports, "It was suspected that abuse was occurring at the father's residence." ....

As he exited the courtroom Saturday, Osceola declined to comment about the ongoing investigation. "I just want to get this court handled, and that's it for right now," he said before walking away from reporters.

<snipped>

http://www.wsvn.com/story/28580863/dependency-hearing-delayed-for-father-of-toddler-found-dead-amid-investigation

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 11:52:31 AM »

Reported red flags were there ... reported red flags that implied Ahiza was at risk but ... the system failed this baby nevertheless.

++++

Siblings placed with relatives after boy found dead in Hollywood
March 21, 2015

Before his little body was found hidden inside his father's home Thursday night, Ahizya Osceola had long been on the radar of the Department of Children and Families, which looked into allegations he had been abused or neglected four times in his three short years of life.

Reports were made of abuse at the hands of both his father and mother, who are separated. In each case — including the most recent one, reported last month — no signs of physical injuries were found, records from the child welfare agency show. ....

Reports were made of abuse at the hands of both his father and mother, who are separated. In each case — including the most recent one, reported last month — no signs of physical injuries were found, records from the child welfare agency show.

The Department of Children and Families' first investigation of the family, which came in 2013, was based on reports of substance misuse and physical abuse on Cypress' part. The agency found the allegations were unfounded.

Then, in January 2014, Ahizya and his siblings were taken out of their mother's custody after he was found "wandering the lobby" of a hotel where the family was living while Cypress was "under the influence in her room."

As a result, Osceola was given custody of the children, with Cypress allowed visitation rights.

An April 2014 report of physical injury to Ahizya with his father as the alleged perpetrator was investigated but not substantiated. Last month, investigators were again checking out reports of physical injury to the boy.

"The alleged perpetrator was unknown," the report said, "however it was suspected the abuse was occurring at the father's residence."

No signs of physical trauma were found, and the investigation was closed.

<snipped>

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-hollywood-boy-death-folo-20150321-story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

POLICE SUSPECT FOUL PLAY IN AHIZYA OSCEOLA'S DEATH, ACCORDING TO REPORT
MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2015

Nelson Osceola, the father of Ahizya Osceola, the three-year-old boy found dead in his Hollywood home last week, is set to go before a Broward judge Monday after he requested an attorney over the weekend. Osceola had been in court Saturday to learn if he would retain custody of Ahizya's three siblings, but the judge postponed that hearing after Osceola requested an attorney. According to multiple reports, Hollywood Police are treating Ahizya's death as a possible criminal investigation.

Over the weekend, reports began to surface that Ahizya's parents — who are separated — had been investigated for abuse and or neglect at least four times during the boy's lifetime.

According to WSVN, the Department of Children and Families in Florida investigated Nelson, and Ahizya's mother, Karen Cypress, at least once every year during Ahizya's three years of being alive. The most recent time the parents were investigated was last month.

<snipped>

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/police-suspect-foul-play-in-ahizya-osceolas-death-according-to-report-6913252

_____

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »

why in the world was this child handed right back to the same people that had neglected him, makes me so mad, poor children!!

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »

why in the world was this child handed right back to the same people that had neglected him, makes me so mad, poor children!!

So many times we ask this.  Understaffed, overworked, no better placement available, need to keep the family together?   Too often it ends this way!     
 an angelic monkey
RIP little one.  No one can harm you again.         
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »

Sad situation. 

http://www.wsvn.com/story/28593241/dad-of-deceased-toddler-denied-custody-of-2-other-kids

Dad of deceased toddler denied custody of 2 other kids
Posted: Mar 23, 2015 3:35 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 23, 2015 4:17 PM CDT

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A judge has ordered that a father stay away from his two other children as police continue to investigate the mysterious death of his 3-year-old son.

"Your visits are suspended as to both children," the judge told 24-year-old Nelson Osceola, Monday afternoon.

Later that evening, police said, investigators found the 3-year-old's body underneath a pile of clothes inside the residence.

The stepmother, who lived in that house with the boy, has been hospitalized in a psychiatric ward since Friday. Whether police have been able to talk her or not remains unknown.

Osceola remained quiet as he left court, Monday afternoon. "Excuse me, excused me," he said as walked past reporters asking him questions.

Osceola's attorney, Hilliard Moldoff, said his client is very upset. "When your 3-year-old son is dead, and they're accusing you and/or your loved ones with abuse, he's distraught, rightfully so."

Hollywood Police are the agency in charge of the investigation into the little boy's death. Monday afternoon, they said they had no updates to reveal, as the investigation remains ongoing.

Osceola's loss of custody is not permanent. He was told that he may be able to see his children as early as Thursday.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 10:28:58 AM »

As cops investigate toddler's death, father, stepmother barred from seeing siblings
March 23, 2015

<snipped>

Broward Circuit Court Judge Hope Tieman Bristol suspended visitation rights for Nelson Drew Osceola, 24, the deceased toddler's father, and his wife, Analiz Rodezno Osceola, 24, the boy's step-mother.

Osceola was in Tieman Bristol's chambers Monday. Cindy Bruschi of the Attorney General's Office said Rodezno Osceola had checked into a psychiatric ward Friday, when authorities removed the children from the couple's home.

The woman remained hospitalized Monday for reasons that were not disclosed, according to testimony.

After the hearing, when asked what happened to the baby, Nelson Osceola said, "I have to talk to my lawyer, you know what I'm saying? I don't want anything being [misunderstood]. I just buried my son yesterday. I'm just trying to find peace with myself right now, you understand? My son is gone."

<snipped>

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-hollywood-boy-death-custody-20150323-story.html

_____

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.