March 28, 2024, 02:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Man: Eric Franks - MI - 3/21/2011  (Read 6241 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 22, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »

Name: Eric Franks

Date of Birth: 09/18/1972
 Date Missing: 03/21/2011
 Age at time of disappearance: 39
 City Missing From: Saginaw
 State Missing From: Michigan
 Race: Caucasian
 Height: 6' 1"
 Weight: 175
 Hair Color: Black
 Hair/Other: Hair may be short to chin-length
 Eye Color: Brown
 Complexion: Fair

Identifying Characteristics: His ears are pierced and his left large toe was partially cut off and has no nail. Eric has full dentures. The last time his family, saw him, Eric was heavier than he appears in the photos.

Circumstances of Disappearance: Eric was last seen leaving Miller's Motel in Bridgeport, MI driving a dark bronze (brown) four-door 2001 Chevy Malibu with Ohio registration EMH4902.

Investigative Agency: Michigan State Police, Sgt. Gary Thomas
 Agency Phone: 989-495-5555
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;board=3.0

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:45:02 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:48:18 AM »

http://www.abc12.com/news/headlines/New-information-in-disappearance-of-Eric-Franks--295398021.html

Witness says missing person was threatened

Updated: Fri 5:23 PM, Mar 06, 2015

BRIDGPORT TOWNSHIP (WJRT) - (03/06/15) - The disappearance of a Mid-Michigan man and his car has baffled police for years - but some new information could be a new clue in the case.

Four years ago this month, Eric Franks vanished - and so did his car.

ABC12 has learned that the Michigan State Police have recently spoken to a man who says he heard Franks being threatened.

Police have little to go in this missing persons case, but police say a man has given what could be the first credible information on what might have happened to Eric Franks.

The man, who does not want to be identified, says he met Eric Franks in late 2010, at the Miller Motel in Bridgeport Township - where both men were staying.

The mother of Franks' child was married to another man. There was tension between the three, and one day in late 2010, the man we spoke with says he heard a threat when the husband of the woman confronted Franks.

"Drove screaming up the motel's driveway, and skidded to a stop, jumped out and started threatening Eric, and ended up telling Eric that he is going to put a bullet in his head if he didn't stop messing around with his wife," the man said.

The man, who has talked to police, says he moved out of the area in 2011, before Franks went missing. He came back to town in June 2012, and saw Franks' picture in a store.

"When I saw that missing person poster in the window, I knew something had happened. There was no reason for him to be missing," the man said.

Franks' biological daughter, her mother, and the mother's husband have all moved to Florida. The Michigan State Police have not talked to them since they have received this new information, but are still working on all leads in the case.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:20:42 AM »

Strange. I do not remember hearing about this case even though it is in my area. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:57:35 PM »

Her words reflect the precious undying love of a mother and give me chills and such deep sorrow for her. 

I wish for Eric's family that they get the answers and punishment is finally meted to those who manipulated and brought harm to him.  Hopefully investigators can gain some momentum now.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »

FindEricFranks

https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

Thoughts from Eric's mom: This picture of my husband & me admiring our new son was taken on the day we adopted Eric. We had been married about 6 years and wanted children very much. Eric was the answer to our prayers. Later we were blessed with a daughter. Our children grew up with deep love and care.

It is hard to live with the thought that I will never see Eric again in this life. A man threatened to shoot Eric not long before he disappeared. This is a man who was responsible for putting Eric in touch with the woman who let Eric know he was the father of her child. Why would this man put Eric in touch with his wife, knowing that it would lead to Eric finding out that the daughter this man had raised as his own was actually Eric's child? MONEY. The parents of Eric's child were in desperate need of a lot of money due to a civil lawsuit. The man that threatened my son's life, told Eric's Aunt Debra that he thought Eric had lots of money. The mother of Eric's child also told Debra and told me that she thought Eric had lots of money that he inherited when my husband died. Eric expressed a concern later while in Saginaw that he felt those people were all about materialistic things . Added to that, was the fact that Eric was not going to leave his newly found daughter, Emily. No money and he just won't go away!

It is only a matter of time until this story unravels more. Those who know what happened need to talk to Det/Sgt Gary Thomas with the MI State Police . (989) 495-5560. We aren't giving up our search for answers. Eric is family and in our family, that means something !!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 11:10:15 AM »

Witness in Mid-Michigan missing persons case dies

Sep 14, 2016
Eric Franks was last seen in the Bridgeport area in March of 2011.

The last person known to have seen Franks has now died, which could make it difficult to solve this murder mystery.

Eric Franks would turn 44 this Sunday, but police believe he was murdered. He vanished in 2011, last seen at Miller's Motel in Bridgeport.

His car hasn't been found.

Franks was from Ohio, moved to the Bridgeport area in 2010, and knew few people in Mid-Michigan.

“A lot of the people that are involved, they moved to Florida, which makes it difficult for our investigation as well,” said Hilary House, of the Michigan State Police.

One of the those people who moved to Florida was Kendra Firmingham, who died late last month of cancer.

“Firmingham was the last person to see Eric Franks alive. She said she saw him leave Miller's Motel in one direction and she went the other. That was the last that anyone had ever seen him,” House said.

The motel owner who befriended Franks told police that Firmingham moved Franks' belongings out of the motel and Franks was not with her. Police believe Firmingham, Franks and Firmingham's husband were involved in a love triangle.

Franks and Kendra Firmingham had a daughter together.

Terry Ewing knew Kendra Firmingham, but didn't know Franks and was not aware that he was missing.

“She would light up the entire place,” Ewing said. “Never heard about this person, didn't know anything about him.”

House believes someone knows what happened to Eric Franks. The latest in a long line of investigators who has worked this case, she's still looking for anyone who can give the family closure.

“I'm hoping that maybe someone will come forward that didn't in the past, hopefully they will feel more comfortable in that they can talk more openly and provide us some insight on where he is or information that maybe we can get some closure for the family,” she said.

ABC12 News made an attempt to get in touch with Kendra Firmingham's husband in Florida, but was not able to reach him.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.