April 26, 2024, 03:33:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bobbie Maples of Roosevelt Park, MI Missing in December 2014 BODY FOUND  (Read 4833 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: January 23, 2016, 03:37:36 PM »

Police seeking information on missing Roosevelt Park woman

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2015/02/police_seeking_information_on.html

Authorities are seeking information about the whereabouts of a Roosevelt Park woman who hasn't been seen since Dec. 17 - shortly after the birth of her child.

In a press release issued by the Roosevelt Park Police Department, Chief David Boone said family members of Bobbie Maples, 32, reported that they hadn't seen or heard from her since Dec. 15, 2014.

Boone said that Maples had just given birth to a child in early December.

In the press release, the chief stopped short of calling the case a criminal investigation, as there is no concrete evidence that points to "foul play or (a) criminal act."

"We initiated an investigation into her whereabouts and are continuing this investigation with the assistance of the (Muskegon County) prosecutor's office as well as several other agencies," the press release stated.

"We have an officer assigned to this case and at this point we have no concrete evidence which points to foul play or (a) criminal act. Roosevelt Park Police Department and Bobbie's family are united in the hope and expectation that Bobbie is still alive absent any evidence to the contrary."

Maples' mother, Muriel Maples, is now caring for her new grandchild: Almost 2-month-old Aironna Maples. Muriel Maples said she fears the worst and believes there is no way her daughter would leave her newborn voluntarily.

She said Bobbie Maples led a "bad life" and had been addicted to drugs at the time she had her child. Her difficult past may play into her disappearance, she said.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »

Authorities Discover Buried Body on Private Property in Fruitland Township, MI … Might Be That of Missing Mother Bobbie Maples

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2016/01/23/authorities-discover-buried-body-on-private-property-in-fruitland-township-mi-might-be-that-of-missing-mother-bobbie-maples/

Roosevelt Park Police believe that the body they discovered buried on private property might be that of Bobbie Maples. Upon a tip, the body was found on private property in Fruitland Township, Michigan Friday evening. Bobbie Maples went missing in December 2014, shortly after giving birth to daughter Airyonne. She was reported last seen near Whitehall by a friend.

According to Roosevelt Park Police Chief David Boone, the police have a prime suspect in Maples’ disappearance, who currently is incarcerated for an unrelated matter. As per Boone, the suspect is among several police have had over the past year, and has been on law enforcement’s radar since the beginning of the investigation into Maples’ disappearance.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 03:39:56 PM »

FACEBOOK - HELP FIND BOBBIE MAPLES

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindBobbieMaples/

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:41:52 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 03:41:35 PM »

Buried body found Friday could be woman missing for a year, cops say

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/01/buried_body_found_friday_could.html

A tipster led police to a buried body Friday evening that they believe could be that of Bobbie Maples, a Roosevelt Park woman missing for more than a year.

Local law enforcement authorities discovered, and left mostly undisturbed, the buried body on private property in rural Muskegon County early Friday evening, said Roosevelt Park Police Chief David Boone.

Police remained at the scene throughout the night awaiting the arrival of the Michigan State Police Crime Lab Saturday morning, which would complete the task of unearthing the remains, Boone said. He could not predict when a positive identity could be made because he did not know the condition of the body or what items may be with it.

Police have a prime suspect in Maples' disappearance, who currently is incarcerated for an unrelated matter, Boone said. The suspect is among several police have had over the past year, and has been on law enforcement's radar since the beginning of the investigation into Maples' disappearance, he said.

Roosevelt Park police have had a "zillion" tips since Maples' disappearance, Boone said. It took several hours for law enforcement to pursue the tip received on Friday that indicated "it was possible" Bobbie Maples' body was on the property in Fruitland Township, he said. A warrant to search the private property was obtained, and Boone said he couldn't say if the property owner has any connection to the buried body.

The Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office and Michigan State Police assisted Roosevelt Park Police in searching for the body at the property, Boone said.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:43:08 PM by Red » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 08:03:29 AM »

Thanks, Red!   

I was just reading about her yesterday, and searched to see if we had a thread for her.

Sad case, prayers for the family waiting for news. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:18:21 AM »

Article from last Feb.  I see the 17th mentioned also in Red's post so maybe there was a sighting after this too.

http://fox17online.com/2015/02/03/new-details-in-the-search-for-bobbie-maples/

New details in the search for Bobbie Maples
POSTED 9:01 PM, FEBRUARY 3, 2015, BY ANNMARIELAFLAMME, UPDATED AT 10:28PM, FEBRUARY 3, 2015

Bobbie was initially believed to have gone missing Monday, Dec. 15, but Bobbie’s mother Muriel Maples says there is a new witness who stated she saw Bobbie leaving the hospital after visiting her daughter on Tuesday, Dec. 16.

Her mother says police told her a woman saw Bobbie getting into a brown minivan in front of Hackley Hospital in Muskegon, with a man who had a long white beard around 3 p.m. that afternoon.

Muriel says though Roosevelt Park Police say there is no evidence that points to foul play or criminal act, Bobbie disappeared without any personal belongings. She says abandoning her newborn baby girl in the hospital is something she knows her daughter wasn't capable.

“I think somebody did something to her, there’s no way first of all she’d leave Airyonna” Muriel said when we spoke to her last month. “If she was going to leave Airyonna, she would have called somebody like me to come get her, there’s no way she would just walk out and leave her.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 01:15:42 AM »

Still no positive ID

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 06:50:27 AM »

Rest in peace, Bobbie.  I hope you have justice.   an angelic monkey

http://fox17online.com/2016/01/28/prosecutor-body-positively-identified-as-missing-mom-bobbie-maples/

Prosecutor: Body positively identified as missing mom Bobbie Maples
POSTED 10:20 AM, JANUARY 28, 2016, BY MICHAEL MARTIN, UPDATED AT 05:29PM, JANUARY 28, 2016

MUSKEGON COUNTY, Mich. — Prosecutor DJ Hilson confirmed Thursday morning that the body recently discovered in the yard of a Fruitland Township residence is that of missing mother Bobbie Maples.

Maples disappeared back in December of 2014. The 32-year-old vanished just days after giving birth to her daughter.Bobbie Maples

Investigators found the human remains buried on the private property in Fruitland Township last Friday.

Michigan State Police assisted after the discovery was made early Friday night. Crime lab technicians were on scene combing the area for evidence into Saturday afternoon.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 07:01:25 AM »

http://woodtv.com/2016/01/25/convicted-rapist-lived-on-property-where-body-found/

Convicted rapist lived on property where body found
Ken Kolker and 24 Hour News 8 web staff
Published: January 25, 2016, 6:24 pm  Updated: January 26, 2016, 6:22 pm

The body was discovered Friday evening on private property on Nestrom Road in Fruitland Township. Police confirmed the body was buried next to a barn and capped with cement.

Roosevelt Park police are still awaiting autopsy results that should clarify whether the body is that of Bobbie Maples, who disappeared in December 2014, 10 days after her baby was born.

“I’d like to know who it is or what it is and how it got there,” Glenn Glaser said. “It’s not like we’re running a cemetery there.”

Glaser, a retired Muskegon pharmacist, has owned the property where the body was found for years. He said he lives there in the summers and goes there twice a day to feed his horses and cats.

“I presume [the body] had to have been put there sometime while we were out of town,” he told 24 Hour News 8 on Monday, “but I never noticed any new digging or I’d be the first one to ask, what’s going on in my corral?”

He said he has “no idea” who Maples is.

“Is that the person they found?” he asked.

But he does know William Anthony Jones, who did maintenance work for him and lived in the home on the property in 2010.

“He was a friend of ours actually, and he’d stay there occasionally overnight,” Glaser said.

That is, until police arrested Jones in November 2010 after he broke into a nearby cabin and repeatedly raped a woman. Police found him hiding under a bed at the home on Glaser’s property.

“I don’t think he’s guilty,” Glaser said. “I think it was… He was found guilty, but it was consensual until he pissed her off, then she screamed.”

Jones was sentenced to between 51 and 80 years in prison. The conviction made him a two-time sex offender, with his first conviction in 1982.

When asked if the body found on his property could be connected to Jones, Glaser replied, “I don’t have any idea, but I would guess not.”

He said he has not yet spoken to police.

Police said they’re familiar with the Jones case but wouldn’t discuss whether they’re investigating any possible connection.

If the body is Maples’, Jones could not have buried it on the property, as he was imprisoned three years before her disappearance.

Police said a tip led them to the body but refused to elaborate or say why they thought it could be Maples. They also refused to discuss the investigation further other than to say they were waiting on autopsy results.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 07:05:34 AM »

http://woodtv.com/2016/01/28/suspect-listed-address-around-corner-from-maples-burial-site/

Suspect listed address around corner from Maples burial site
Ken Kolker
Published: January 28, 2016, 8:39 pm  Updated: January 28, 2016, 11:17 pm

FRUITLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A man identified by sources as a suspect in the disappearance of Bobbie Maples, whose body was unearthed last week, listed a home address around the corner from the burial site, court records show.

The man, whose name isn’t being released, is a convicted cocaine and heroin dealer. Maples’ mother said her daughter had been dating him. He is a prisoner at the Brooks Correctional Facility in Muskegon Heights.

Sources said the prison cut off cable television to inmates last weekend to keep them from watching news reports about the recovery of the body. Corrections officials confirmed the cable was cut off.

Court records show the suspect was not locked up at the time of Maples’ disappearance in December 2014. Instead, he had been released from the Muskegon County Jail six months earlier because of overcrowding after serving six months of a 10-month sentence for delivery of crack. He was ordered to an alternative program, but didn’t go.

He was supposed to be sentenced on drug charges, including a new heroin conviction, on Dec. 8, 2014, but that was delayed. Maples disappeared a week later.

In court records, the man listed an address on Michillinda Road, around the corner from where Maples was found buried in a horse corral off Nestrom Road.

Tax records show that both the Michillinda home and the Nestrom Road property are owned by retired pharmacist Glenn Glaser. Glaser said he knew nothing about the body and had never seen the man before.

Court records show Maples, 32, tested positive for drugs, including opiates, in early December 2014 when she checked into Hackley Hospital to give birth to her daughter. Those same records show her newborn tested positive for cocaine and opiates and was kept in the hospital while going through withdrawals.

Maples visited her daughter nearly every day in the hospital before disappearing Dec. 15, 2014.

It appeared police might have had a lead in August 2015, when they found a silver ring in the vehicle of the man who had originally reported Maples missing, court records show. They found the ring in a plastic bag after arresting the man in a heroin case. But the county prosecutor said tests of that ring didn’t reveal any DNA.

Sources say police had no leads until a Muskegon County Jail inmate led them to the burial site on Friday and they discovered a body.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 08:58:55 AM »

http://woodtv.com/2016/01/28/suspect-listed-address-around-corner-from-maples-burial-site/

Suspect listed address around corner from Maples burial site
Ken Kolker
Published: January 28, 2016, 8:39 pm  Updated: January 28, 2016, 11:17 pm

FRUITLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A man identified by sources as a suspect in the disappearance of Bobbie Maples, whose body was unearthed last week, listed a home address around the corner from the burial site, court records show.

The man, whose name isn’t being released, is a convicted cocaine and heroin dealer. Maples’ mother said her daughter had been dating him. He is a prisoner at the Brooks Correctional Facility in Muskegon Heights.

Sources said the prison cut off cable television to inmates last weekend to keep them from watching news reports about the recovery of the body. Corrections officials confirmed the cable was cut off.

Court records show the suspect was not locked up at the time of Maples’ disappearance in December 2014. Instead, he had been released from the Muskegon County Jail six months earlier because of overcrowding after serving six months of a 10-month sentence for delivery of crack. He was ordered to an alternative program, but didn’t go.

He was supposed to be sentenced on drug charges, including a new heroin conviction, on Dec. 8, 2014, but that was delayed. Maples disappeared a week later.

In court records, the man listed an address on Michillinda Road, around the corner from where Maples was found buried in a horse corral off Nestrom Road.

Tax records show that both the Michillinda home and the Nestrom Road property are owned by retired pharmacist Glenn Glaser. Glaser said he knew nothing about the body and had never seen the man before.

Court records show Maples, 32, tested positive for drugs, including opiates, in early December 2014 when she checked into Hackley Hospital to give birth to her daughter. Those same records show her newborn tested positive for cocaine and opiates and was kept in the hospital while going through withdrawals.

Maples visited her daughter nearly every day in the hospital before disappearing Dec. 15, 2014.

It appeared police might have had a lead in August 2015, when they found a silver ring in the vehicle of the man who had originally reported Maples missing, court records show. They found the ring in a plastic bag after arresting the man in a heroin case. But the county prosecutor said tests of that ring didn’t reveal any DNA.

Sources say police had no leads until a Muskegon County Jail inmate led them to the burial site on Friday and they discovered a body.

So the Pharmacist rented to a two time sex offender(who he supports and calls a friend) on one property and a convicted cocaine and heroin dealer on the other property.

How unlucky, or does his taste in associates say something about him?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 09:03:25 AM »

http://woodtv.com/2016/01/28/family-body-idd-as-missing-mom-bobbie-maples/

1-28-16
Family: Body ID’d as missing mom Bobbie Maples

FRUITLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A body found buried in Muskegon County has been identified as that of Bobbie Maples, according to her family.

Maples’ mother told 24 Hour News 8 Thursday morning that police informed her the body was positively identified as her daughter.

Roosevelt Park Police Chief David Boone told 24 Hour News 8 last week that a suspect in Maples’ disappearance is in custody on an unrelated matter. He added that this individual was an initial suspect in her disappearance, along with several other suspects.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.