April 24, 2024, 12:09:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noah Thomas, 5 years old missing from Dublin Virgina 3/22/15  (Read 65757 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2015, 11:39:06 AM »

http://www.wsls.com/story/28706014/pulaski-co-sheriffs-office-to-provide-update-on-noah-thomas-death-investigation

Noah Thomas' parents arraignment scheduled at 1 p.m. via video conference
Posted: Apr 02, 2015 11:59 AM EDT Updated: Apr 03, 2015 11:05 AM EDT

PULASKI COUNTY (WSLS 10) - Noah Thomas' parents have been arrested on charges of abuse and neglect of children, according to the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office. 

Ashley White and Paul Thomas were being held at the New River Valley Jail without bond. The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office and social services took six-month-old Abigail from the parents' home the day after Noah disappeared.

According to arrest warrants filed in Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, Ashley White showed "reckless disregard for human life," and "caused serious injuries." In the report it also said "Incident ultimately led to Noah's death," and "Cause or permanent injury to life or health of child by a willfull act, omission, or refusal to provide necessary care." Court records also indicate White worked at Patty's Kitchen.

Arrests warrants also stated Paul Thomas "showed reckless disregard for human life," and also said the "incident led to Noah's death." Court documents say Thomas worked at Phoenix Packaging.

White and Thomas currently face two counts each of abuse and neglect of Noah and Abigail.

According to the Commonwealth's Attorney Mike Fleenor, White and Thomas are scheduled to be arraigned by video Friday. Their cases were scheduled to be heard in the Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. However, court officials said Friday their case was moved to Wythe County, Virginia due to no judges being available.

During their arraignment, the court will determine whether or not there is probable cause to certify felony warrants for the case to be tried in Pulaski County Circuit Court.
<snipped>

New video at the link also.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2015, 12:52:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/CameronOAustin

#NoahThomas' parents Paul Thomas and Ashley White will be hiring their own attorney. It appears Jimmy Turk has been assisting Ms. White.

Preliminary hearings for both parents will be on August 12, 1:30 in Pulaski JDR court. #NoahThomas

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/CameronOAustin

#NoahThomas' parents Paul Thomas and Ashley White will be hiring their own attorney. It appears Jimmy Turk has been assisting Ms. White.

Preliminary hearings for both parents will be on August 12, 1:30 in Pulaski JDR court. #NoahThomas

"This is the saddest thing that's ever happened to me in my life," Ashley White, #NoahThomas mother, said during arraignment.
Same source as above.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/parents-of-noah-thomas-to-be-arraigned-friday-morning-through-video-uplink/32171790
Noah Thomas' parents arraigned; next hearing is August 12
Ashley White and Paul Thomas were charged Thursday with two counts of felony abuse and neglect of children

POSTED: 08:45 AM EDT Apr 03, 2015    UPDATED: 01:42 PM EDT Apr 03, 2015

WYTHE CO., Va. -

The parents of Noah Thomas were arraigned Friday afternoon through video conference.

Ashley White, 30, and Paul Thomas, 32, were charged Thursday with two felony counts of abuse and neglect of children.

One of White's charges is more serious. If convicted, White faces a maximum of 15 years in prison and Thomas faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Both are being held at the New River Valley Regional Jail in Dublin without bond. Their next hearing is August 12 at 1:30 p.m. in Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

At this time, neither White nor Thomas have retained an attorney. Their son, 5-year-old Noah Thomas, was found dead in a septic tank March 26 after a five-day search.

Friday’s hearing lasted about five minutes. A Juvenile and Domestic Relations judge in Wythe County presided over the hearing. White and Thomas appeared through video conference.

Media members were allowed to attend the hearing, but cameras were not allowed inside. White said she did not want media inside of the hearing because this is the worst thing that has ever happened to her and she doesn’t want her life to be the topic of everyone’s dinner conversation.

<snipped>

Unbelievable.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-case-parents-arraigned-and-both-comment-on-media/article_46f19c88-fd81-5c66-b2fb-ed81f8451313.html
Noah Thomas case: Parents arraigned, and both comment on media presence
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 1:59 pm

WYTHEVILLE – A day after they were arrested for felony child abuse and neglect in Pulaski County, Noah Thomas’ parents, Paul Thomas and Ashley White, appeared via teleconference for their arraignment.

Appearing from the New River Valley Regional Jail, the couple listened as Judge Bradley Dalton of the Wytheville Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court read their charges. Pulaski County court was not in session on Friday, and Dalton said they have a policy to step in and help arraign people from surrounding areas.

Dalton alerted White and Thomas that several members of the media were present in the room for the hearing - and both objected.

“This is the saddest thing that’s ever happened to me in my life,” White  said. “I don’t feel people should be able to enjoy it over dinner.”

Said Thomas: “I don’t want my life to be their news story.”

Dalton overruled both objections, allowing the media to remain in the room. In Virginia, adult proceeding in juvenile and domestic relation courts are public.

When asked if the court needed to appoint an attorney, White replied that she was under the impression Jimmy Turk, a Radford-based lawyer, was “already helping” her.

“I’m not aware of that,” Dalton replied. He proceeded to give her a temporary waiver to contact legal guidance, with the possibility of having a court appointed attorney available at a later date for her. Messages left for Turk were not immediately returned on Friday.

Thomas told the judge that he had already hired an attorney. It was unclear Friday who that lawyer is.

Thomas also asked during the arraignment if he could receive bond. But Dalton replied that he “can’t get one today,” and that will have to be scheduled with Pulaski County.
<snipped>

Despicable statements by these parents. JMO.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

I agree.

Paul and Ashley don't get it.  It isn't about them ... it's about a little boy named Noah who was allegedly neglected and abused.  It's about a little boy named Noah whose body was in all probability dumped into a septic tank.

Noah's parents were blessed with a treasure beyond measure and did not appreciate it worth.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

I agree.

Paul and Ashley don't get it.  It isn't about them ... it's about a little boy named Noah who was allegedly neglected and abused.  It's about a little boy named Noah whose body was in all probability dumped into a septic tank.

Noah's parents were blessed with a treasure beyond measure and did not appreciate it worth.

And it is about Noah's 6 month-old sister, who the parents are charged with abusing and neglecting.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2015, 10:07:30 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2015, 02:39:01 AM »

Justice for Noah Thomas facebook page. The community (and others) discuss the case.
https://www.facebook.com/justicefornoahthomas

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2015, 12:51:51 AM »

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orlando-Salinas-WDBJ7/1616434831922243?fref=nf

Orlando Salinas WDBJ7
3 hrs

More TV Truth -

I have confirmed through three different sources that on the morning of March 22nd, the day that ‪#‎NoahThomas‬ was reported missing by his mother Ashley Jennifer White, at least two people entered the family's backyard and searched inside the septic tank.

In a face to face interview, I was told the time was around 11:20 AM when these two people arrived on Highland Road in Dublin. I'm told initially the concern was that possibly the Thomas' landlord had suffered a heart attack. The landlord I'm told, quickly conveyed that he was fine but that #NoahThomas was missing and could not be found.

I'm told that just after 11:20 AM, March 22nd after learning the search was on for a 5 year old little boy, these two people raced into the backyard. They told me they knew that every yard in that area of Highland Road had a septic tank and if left uncovered, a child could fall into it.

I'm told that police were already inside the Thomas' home and several things were taking place simultaneously; LEO's were trying to establish a timeline, they were creating search teams and interviewing Noah's parents, who I'm told appeared "distracted."

Other law enforcement sources, not involved directly with this specific stage of the investigation, tell me that this "moment in time" can be incredibly chaotic because officers are focused on finding the missing child and that effort is primordial.

While officers were inside the home, the two adults were outside, saw the septic tank and ran to it.

I asked "Was the lid on or off?"

"The lid was on, but it popped off like a Tupperware lid Orly. It popped right off."

I'm told the men looked inside the 1000 gallon tank and saw it was full. The stench was overpowering. They looked around and saw what appeared to be two metal poles nearby. They grabbed those poles and put them inside the eight- by four- by five and a half foot septic tank. They began probing vigorously yet tenderly, knowing a little boys body could be inside the dark water.

"Orly, we thought we felt something and we stopped. We pulled out the poles and ran and told police."

I'm told at least one LEO followed the adults to the septic tank. They told the LEO that their fingerprints were all over the metal pole and the septic tank lid "because we opened [the tank] and began looking for the boy."

The adults said they watched as a LEO took the metal pole and also probed gently inside the tank. After a while, I'm told the LEO pulled out the pole, placed the plastic lid back on the septic tank and the cursory search was over.

The following note is important: the sanitation technician who discovered Noah's body four days later inside the same tank, told me it appeared that there were as many three feet of thick sludge on the bottom of the tank. I'm told a septic tank accumulates about a foot of sludge every five years.

It's possible that the two adults may have felt some of that hardened sludge and thought it was Noah. It's also possible that when the LEO probed inside the tank, s/he didn't probe where the adults did, and therefore never felt the same object or hardness that the two neighborhood residents said they felt. Whatever it was the two adults felt inside the septic tank the same day Noah was reported missing, is certain to become part of the investigation.

This reporter conveyed all the information in this post to the PIO (Public Information Officer) for Pulaski County, who in turn relayed it to the Sheriff, the date- March 27th.

I asked the PIO to ask the Sheriff directly if the two pound septic tank lid was removed before the sanitation technician arrived that Thursday to drain the tank. The PIO, after conferring with the Sheriff, relayed that the tank had been removed shortly before the sanitation technician arrived. It was not made clear if the tank was removed by FBI agents or local law enforcement. Either way, the PIO conveyed the lid had been removed, LEO's had looked inside and the determination was made to not attempt to go any further until the tank was drained.

I asked the sanitation worker what he saw when he opened the tank. He said that first he removed the septic tank lid, placed the suction hose inside and began "skimming'' the top. He did this he said with FBI agents and other LEO's just feet away. He said that about 'halfway through, I saw what looked like a little butt and some pants and that jacket."

What happened next?

"I was told back away and go sit inside the truck."

This reporter reached out to the Richmond office of the FBI to ask about the progress of the investigation into the death of Noah Thomas. An FBI agent returned my call and all the information in this post was conveyed directly to the agent. This reporter asked if the FBI knew that two adults were saying that they had opened the septic tank lid within an hour of Noah being reported missing? Did the FBI know that local law enforcement, according to the adults, also probed inside the tank that same morning, but that part of the investigation never went any further?

The FBI was quick to point out that it was NOT part of the investigation. Why not I asked? I was told that Noah Thomas was not taken out of state, therefore the agency was not required to be involved from that investigative angle. It did however ''provide necessary resources'' to local law enforcement as requested.

Noah's parents, Ashley White and Paul Thomas have both been charged with felony child abuse and neglect and are being held without bond. No one has been charged in the death of Noah Thomas.
<snipped>

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2015, 12:31:34 AM »

I am beginning to think the above referenced tweet is not from WDBJ7's Orlando Salinas.

According to their website, his twitter account is:

https://twitter.com/NewsOrly

So, the whole above tweet is probably bogus.

I apologize for any confusion.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2015, 04:21:20 PM »

I am beginning to think the above referenced tweet is not from WDBJ7's Orlando Salinas.

According to their website, his twitter account is:

https://twitter.com/NewsOrly

So, the whole above tweet is probably bogus.

I apologize for any confusion.

I really am sorry, I am a bit confused. The first one is from a facebook account, the other is twitter.

So they both might be legitimate.

<--confused monkey

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »

Noah Thomas case: Children left at home on morning of March 22, prosecutor says
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Noah Thomas' parents were denied bond Wednesday during separate hearings that included new details about the child's death case.

It was previously reported by authorities that on the morning of March 22 – the day Noah was reported missing – Noah’s mother, Ashley Jennifer White, had said she drove Paul Raymond Thomas to work along with Noah and his infant sister.

During the parent’s bond hearings on Wednesday, Pulaski County Commonwealth's Attorney Mike Fleenor said that Ashley White and Paul Thomas had eventually admitted in interviews that they left the children at home that morning.

According to Fleenor, both were “interviewed on numerous occasions” and on March 23, admitted that they “left both children at home and Ms. White drove the co-defendant to work.” Fleenor said the couple shares a car.

The couple had also told investigators that they had taken a direct route to Paul's work that day at the Phoenix Packaging plant, but Fleenor said video surveillance shows them at a convenience store that morning where they stopped and bought some items.

<snipped>

Shortly after Noah Thomas went missing, Fleenor said the county Social Services Department was contacted to examine Thomas and White's 6-month-old daughter, Abigail Thomas. When medical personnel inspected her, they found that she had “fairly serious respiratory problems," Fleenor said Wednesday.

The infant was removed from her parents' home on March 23, and remains in the custody of social services, Fleenor said.

Also, when law enforcement officers searched the home, they found marijuana and other prescription drugs.

“When questioned, Mr. Thomas was asked if he used any drugs. He said that he had used marijuana weekly for 15 years,” Fleenor said.

While a cause of death is still unknown for Noah Thomas, Fleenor said that investigators continue to wait on toxicology reports, saying that they asked for the results to be sped up.

“We hope to know in the next few weeks,” Fleenor said.

<snipped>

Thomas shook for most of the 20-minute hearing, and during one point while Fleenor was talking about the pending autopsy report, began furiously whispering to his attorney.

However Karen Loftin, the substitute judge and attorney from Galax who presided over the hearings, ultimately decided to deny bond.

“Mr. Thomas has been deceptive,” Loftin said. “I cannot take his assertions at face value.”

White was represented by public defender, Kelsey Bulger, who argued that though her client may have given a misleading statement to authorities, she has been cooperative with police and is not a flight risk.

Ashley’s uncle, Dennis Cales, testified at the hearing that if granted bond, Ashley could stay with him and his 11-year-old daughter at their home in Giles County.

“While it is commendable that people are willing to house Ms. White, putting her in a house with a child is unthinkable at this point,” Loftin said, right before denying her bond.

<snipped>

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-case-children-left-at-home-on-morning-of/article_16355b8b-6e9d-5408-b5f5-52697738366e.html

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2015, 03:27:25 PM »

http://www.southwesttimes.com/2015/04/noahs-mother-appeals-bond-denial/

Noah’s mother appeals bond denial
By MELINDA WILLIAMS
melinda@southwesttimes.com

The mother of a Dublin boy found dead in a septic tank in March has appealed her bond denial to a higher court.

Ashley Jennifer White will appear before a Pulaski County Circuit Court judge Monday morning to request a bond. White and her husband, Paul Raymond Thomas, have been held without bond since they were arrested April 2 on two counts each of child abuse and neglect.

The charges are related to the care of their 6-month-old daughter and 5-year-old son, Noah Thomas. White faces one count of abuse and neglect that is more serious than the other counts because it alleges her neglect led to Noah’s death.

Wednesday, a Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court judge refused to set a bond for White and Thomas.
<snipped>

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »

Bond Denied for Va. Mom Whose Son Was Found in Septic Tank
Apr 21, 2015

A judge has denied bond for a Pulaski County woman whose 5-year-old son was found dead in a septic tank.

Media outlets report that Pulaski County Circuit Court Bradley Finch said he believes Ashley Jennifer White is a flight risk.

Finch's decision came Tuesday on a bond appeal by White. A Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court judge had denied White bond last week

<snipped>

http://www.wboc.com/story/28859597/bond-denied-for-va-mom-whose-son-was-found-in-septic-tank

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2016, 03:11:23 AM »

Noah Thomas drowned; homicide charge dropped against mother

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-drowned-homicide-charge-dropped-against-mother/article_ef8530da-abe1-5e92-b0a7-4a062f43ad94.html
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:29 pm
PULASKI — The mother of Noah Thomas is no longer facing a felony homicide charge in the 5-year-old’s death.
Ashley White, 31, and Noah’s father, Paul Thomas, 32, still face two class 6 felonies of child abuse and neglect after they left both of their infant children home alone while White drove Thomas to work on the morning of March 22.
<snipped>
 The official cause of death was announced publicly for the first time Wednesday: The medical examiner determined it to be drowning, with contributing hypothermia.
The evidence presented in the case so far leaves open the possibility that Noah somehow got into the septic tank himself. An investigator testified Wednesday that the lid to the tank wasn’t heavy.
<snipped>

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2016, 03:15:05 AM »

Noah Thomas case: Ashley White guilty of abuse, neglect

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-case-ashley-white-guilty-of-abuse-neglect/article_18cb561e-d856-5ebf-86d1-021a05a387c7.html
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2016 5:32 pm | Updated: 6:37 pm, Fri Feb 12, 2016.
PULASKI — Ashley White, the mother of Noah Thomas, was found guilty of three felony counts of neglect and abuse on Friday after the judge said she left her two young children unattended twice on March 22 last year.
It was the same day 5-year-old Noah went missing and four days before his body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home.
Pulaski County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mike Fleenor said after the verdict that it’s still unclear exactly how Noah came to be in the tank, but it was a tragedy that should never have happened.
“There’s no evidence she (White) deliberately killed Noah, but her action and lack of supervision certainly caused his death,” Fleenor said.
White’s sentencing hearing is scheduled for May 16.
<snipped>
Paul Thomas, Noah’s father, is also charged with child abuse and neglect in the case. His trial is scheduled for next month.
<snipped>

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2016, 12:31:35 PM »

Noah Thomas case: Ashley White guilty of abuse, neglect

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-case-ashley-white-guilty-of-abuse-neglect/article_18cb561e-d856-5ebf-86d1-021a05a387c7.html
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2016 5:32 pm | Updated: 6:37 pm, Fri Feb 12, 2016.
PULASKI — Ashley White, the mother of Noah Thomas, was found guilty of three felony counts of neglect and abuse on Friday after the judge said she left her two young children unattended twice on March 22 last year.
It was the same day 5-year-old Noah went missing and four days before his body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home.
Pulaski County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mike Fleenor said after the verdict that it’s still unclear exactly how Noah came to be in the tank, but it was a tragedy that should never have happened.
“There’s no evidence she (White) deliberately killed Noah, but her action and lack of supervision certainly caused his death,” Fleenor said.
White’s sentencing hearing is scheduled for May 16.
<snipped>
Paul Thomas, Noah’s father, is also charged with child abuse and neglect in the case. His trial is scheduled for next month.
<snipped>

this breaks my heart.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.