April 18, 2024, 06:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noah Thomas, 5 years old missing from Dublin Virgina 3/22/15  (Read 65723 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2015, 06:16:29 PM »

Sanitation technician describes discovery of Noah Thomas
Mar 27, 2015

<snipped>

We also reached out to three local septic tank maintenance businesses to find out how accessible the lids are to the general public.

Tidy Services in Salem has been in business for more than 30 years.

Owner Alex Phillips says there are two kinds of septic tank lids used these days. Most are made of cement and can weigh anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds.

He says newer tanks and lids are made of plastic, like the one investigators found Thomas' body in.

Phillips says regardless of the size and weight of the lid most are buried, so you have to use a shovel to get to them and some type of tool to remove them from the tank.

"The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,” Phillips said.

Phillips says the size of a septic tank is based on the number of restrooms in a home.

He says while it's not impossible, it is highly unlikely a child would be able to remove a lid -- whether it is cement or plastic.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

Jason Thomas - Noah’s Uncle - March 26, 2015

“You don’t get into a septic tank by accident. Someone’s going to pay.”

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/pulaski_county/year-old-noah-thomas-found-dead-in-septic-system-at/article_fb880b36-441c-5918-b9e1-6043ec810c94.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »

The implication is that little Noah did not accidentally fall into a septic tank that was not covered.  I cannot comprehend WHO would throw a little boy ... dead or alive ... in a septic take.  That person would be the definition of evil.

Sanitation technician describes discovery of Noah Thomas
Mar 27, 2015

<snipped>

Sheriff Jim Davis, through the Pulaski County public information officer, said that FBI agents and Pulaski County investigators had already removed the two-pound plastic lid. They saw sludge, put the lid back on, and called the company to come drain the tank. We asked the technician what he did when he got to the home.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2015, 07:07:35 PM »

Hi Brandi.  I see ya in the rafters.  Thanks for today's updates.  I do believe an arrest or arrests are forthcoming.

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »

Autopsy completed, death investigation of Noah Thomas continues
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 5:55 pm
http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/pulaski_county/autopsy-completed-death-investigation-of-noah-thomas-continues/article_d3c1b3c9-de90-5b78-bbb8-7597e83aa155.html

DUBLIN – While the search for Noah Thomas has ended, the death investigation has begun, according to Pulaski County Sheriff Jim Davis.

Davis said in a written statement on Friday that moving forward, the investigation into five-year-old Noah’s death will be “focused on facts and physical evidence and it will not be driven by speculation nor rumors.”

The Medical Examiner’s office in Roanoke confirmed on Friday that they have completed Noah’s autopsy, but the cause and manner of death are pending. It was unclear Friday if that includes toxicology reports.

Tracie Cooper, business manager for the Medical Examiner’s office, said that all information on that case is being released by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office, and that’s a normal procedure when the investigation is still open.

Noah was found dead Thursday in a septic tank near the mobile home where he lived with his parents on Highland Road — just hours after the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office announced a reward for information that could lead to finding Noah. The mobile is behind a single family residence. The discovery ended a five- day search for the boy who seemingly vanished from his living room while watching cartoons.

Anthony Akers, assistant county administrator for Pulaski County, said that Sheriff Davis and the FBI removed the ground-level lid to the septic tank during the search and later called in crews to pump contents of the tank out. Once pumping began, crews found Noah’s body.

The septic tank is located between the mobile home and the house.

According to documents provided by the Virginia Department of Health, the septic tank that Noah was found in was constructed in March 2002. Documentation indicates that it was not inspected after that. The tank is 1,000 gallons with an “access manway,” according to the documents. It is unclear if that could be accessed at ground level or if it was under ground.

Around the time the septic tank was installed on the property, a new Virginia code was put in place to require septic tanks to either have a three inch or larger inspection pipe, or have a tamper proof, child-resistant access port. Based on the documents provided, it is unknown which stipulation this particular septic tank met.

The property had been searched several times, according to authorities, but it wasn’t until the tank was emptied during a more “detailed and aggressive search” that his body was found.
<snipped>

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »

Hi Brandi.  I see ya in the rafters.  Thanks for today's updates.  I do believe an arrest or arrests are forthcoming.

I'm not so sure, myself.

I just don't have enough information from LE to come to that conclusion.

I am trying to stay on top of things so I can try to understand what happened.

It's so tragically sad.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2015, 07:49:50 PM »

Friday, March 27, 2015

<snipped>

The Medical Examiner’s office in Roanoke confirmed on Friday that they have completed Noah’s autopsy, but the cause and manner of death are pending. It was unclear Friday if that includes toxicology reports.

Tracie Cooper, business manager for the Medical Examiner’s office, said that all information on that case is being released by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office, and that’s a normal procedure when the investigation is still open.

Noah was found dead Thursday in a septic tank near the mobile home where he lived with his parents on Highland Road.  The mobile is behind a single family residence.

<snipped>

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/pulaski_county/autopsy-completed-death-investigation-of-noah-thomas-continues/article_d3c1b3c9-de90-5b78-bbb8-7597e83aa155.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »

I'm not so sure, myself.

It's so tragically sad.

My emotions are mixed.  They range from sad to outright anger.

I was on the fence straddling between two scenarios.  1.  Noah accidentally fell into an open septic tank.  2.  Noah was thrown into the septic tank to cover a crime against him.  However ... the following words of Anthony Akers are what cause me to take a position.

Friday, March 27, 2015

<snipped>

Anthony Akers, assistant county administrator for Pulaski County, said that Sheriff Davis and the FBI removed the ground-level lid to the septic tank during the search and later called in crews to pump contents of the tank out. Once pumping began, crews found Noah’s body.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »

CHANGING STORY?

Noah Thomas case: Lack of progress 'extremely frustrating
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:27 am

<snipped>

It was initially reported that Noah was last seen between 9 and 9:30 a.m. Sunday. However, at a news conference on Wednesday, Assistant Pulaski County Administrator Anthony Akers clarified that Noah was actually last seen by his mother at 7 a.m. watching cartoons. His mother then went and took a nap, and woke up around 10:35 a.m. and noticed Noah was missing.

Akers said his mother did a search of the residence then immediately called 911, and the search began shortly after 11 a.m. That 911 call is not being released at this time since it is still a part of the investigation.

<snipped>

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-case-lack-of-progress-extremely-frustrating/article_86971938-fb24-5957-9562-89fb1f087864.html

MIXED MESSAGES?

Noah Thomas case: Lack of progress 'extremely frustrating
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:27 am

<snipped>

According to Akers, the parents, Paul Raymond Thomas, 32, and Ashley Jennifer White, 31, have been “extremely cooperative and very distraught” and are not ready to speak with the media yet.

While the parent’s movements are not being restricted, they are being monitored, Akers said. It is unclear at this time whether the family has hired a lawyer, but Akers speculated that they had been read their Miranda rights as part of the questioning process.

Later Wednesday Akers clarified some comments he made during the news conference: The parents are "in no way being considered suspects," he said

<snipped>

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/pulaski_county/noah-thomas-case-lack-of-progress-extremely-frustrating/article_86971938-fb24-5957-9562-89fb1f087864.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »

Could it be that an attorney has instructed Noah's parents to personally keep a low profile regarding the happenings encompassing their son's disappearance?  In other words ... no media statements ... not media interviews.

Noah Thomas' body found in septic tank on parents' property
March 26, 2015

<snipped>

Throughout the investigation, Noah’s parents Ashley Jennifer White, 31, and Paul Raymond Thomas, 32, have been under intense public scrutiny. As the fifth day of searching got underway, they had yet to make a statement, speak to media or designate a spokesperson.

<snipped>

Sheriff Davis repeatedly said in the early morning press conference on Thursday that the parents were “extremely distraught” and had been “extremely cooperative.” Davis said that they had sought legal advice, but that a lawyer had not been with them during questioning.

<snipped>

Now that Noah’s body has been found, it is unclear how the investigation will proceed.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/pulaski_county/year-old-noah-thomas-found-dead-in-septic-system-at/article_fb880b36-441c-5918-b9e1-6043ec810c94.html

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »

I'm not so sure, myself.

It's so tragically sad.

Yes it is.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »

A balloon release ceremony is scheduled for noon Saturday at Randolph Park. Attendants are asked to bring a blue balloon.

In honor of the event for Noah Thomas:

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »

Not knowing whether the septic field had been investigated in the course of the previous searches ... Could the owner of the mobile home that Noah's parents were renting contacted authorities with the tip?

Police say they got a credible tip to look into septic tank for Noah Thomas
Mar 26, 2015

<snipped>

Police say they got a hard and credible tip that they needed to look inside the 1000 gallon septic tank behind the family home.

<snipped>

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/police-say-they-got-a-credible-tip-to-look-into-septic-tank-for-noah-thomas/32053506

March 27, 2015

<snipped>

The property had been searched several times, according to authorities, but it wasn’t until the tank was emptied during a more “detailed and aggressive search” that the boy’s body was found.

<snipped>

_____

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »

Community Releases Balloons to Remember Noah Thomas
Posted: Mar 28, 2015 5:33 PM EDT
http://www.wset.com/story/28639698/community-releases-balloons-to-remember-noah-thomas

Dublin, VA - A ceremony was held Saturday in Dublin to remember the life of 5-year old Noah Thomas.  Noah's body was found Thursday after a 5-day-long search.

Dozens of Pulaski County residents came out to release balloons at Randolph Park this afternoon.  Many said they never knew Noah but wanted to come together to support his family and each other.

"God had other plans.  He did bring him home safely, however it just was not to his earthly home," said organizer Tonya White.  "I just felt like this community needed healing because this was devastating to the entire community."

Noah went missing Sunday afternoon, beginning a five-day-long search.  Thursday, Noah's body was found at his home in an underground septic tank.

White says she wanted to release balloons as a symbol.

"Once that helium balloon is released, it is free to go wherever it wants to.  Much like Noah in that well when God called him home," said White.

"It hits home when you have children of your own," said attendee Robin Lawrence.  Although she never knew Noah, she is praying for his family and holding her own children much closer.

"I'm scared for the children.  It's horrifying," said Lawrence.

White hopes this will be the first step in bringing peace to the community.
<snipped>

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2015, 12:57:04 AM »

https://twitter.com/CameronOAustinCameron Austin @CameronOAustin  ·  6h 6 hours ago

PIO Anthony Akers said that he's meeting with Pulaski Sheriff Jim Davis mid-morning to discuss future media briefings regarding #NoahThomas

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »

http://wric.com/2015/03/30/autopsy-results-expected-this-week-for-5-year-old-noah-thomas/
Autopsy results expected this week for 5-year-old Noah Thomas
March 30, 2015

PULASKI COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — An official word on the cause of death of Noah Thomas is expected this week after the 5-year-old was found dead last week in a septic tank.

The medical examiner’s office in Roanoke confirms that they have completed Thomas’ autopsy, but the cause and manner of the child’s death are still pending.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »

https://twitter.com/ksuri
 Suri Crowe @KSuri  ·  6m 6 minutes ago

Sheriff Office will update media on #NoahThomas case. I will let you all know as soon as I get it. @ABC13News

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2015, 11:22:43 AM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/new-river-valley/noah-thomas-funeral-set-for-wednesday/32082132
Noah Thomas funeral set for Wednesday
Donations can be made to the Noah Thomas Memorial Fund

Web Staff, WDBJ7, news@wdbj7.com
POSTED: 04:31 AM EDT Mar 30, 2015    UPDATED: 04:32 AM EDT Mar 30, 2015
DUBLIN, Va. -

A funeral for 5-year-old Noah Thomas is scheduled for Wednesday, according to an obituary.

The service will be held at Dublin United Methodist Church on East Main Street in Dublin. It starts at 11 a.m.

The Noah Thomas Memorial Fund is set up by the church to cover funeral expenses.
<snipped>

OBITUARY here: http://www.bowerfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3018511&fh_id=10940

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/CameronOAustin
Cameron Austin @CameronOAustin  ·  35m 35 minutes ago

Akers said there would be some information released today, but essentially said it was generic. No major break as of current. #NoahThomas

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »

Cameron Austin @CameronOAustin  ·  35m 35 minutes ago

Akers said there would be some information released today, but essentially said it was generic. No major break as of current. #NoahThomas

Cameron Austin @CameronOAustin  ·  13m 13 minutes ago

A release will be sent around 5 with an update on the investigation, but all "major" news will be shared at press conferences. #NoahThomas

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »

Cameron Austin @CameronOAustin  ·  47m 47 minutes ago

Full #NoahThomas statement here:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.