April 24, 2024, 07:15:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 38 Year Old John Grady Missing Since 4/3/15 in Aruba  (Read 18302 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: April 04, 2015, 04:35:28 PM »

38 Year Old John Grady Missing Since 4/3/15 in Aruba

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/04/04/john-grady-missing-since-4315-in-aruba/

US tourist John Grady is missing in Aruba …

The U.S. Coast Guard has confirmed that 38 year old John Grady has been missing since Friday, April 3, 2015 in Aruba. According to reports, John Grady from Delray Beach, Florida went out with a kiteboard instructor near Hadicurari Beach on the  Northwest side of Aruba on Friday at noon and hasn’t been seen since. A Coast Guard spokesman said Saturday afternoon, A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter helped Aruban authorities in searching for John Grady.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 04:37:21 PM »

http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/hadicurari-beach

Hadicurari Beach - Aruba

Hadicurari Beach in Aruba also known as Fisherman’s Huts, is a rocky strip out past the Marriott Aruba Resort, where windsurfers slice the water and the aeronautics of colorful kite-surf crescents punctuate the horizon. Once home to the island’s fishermen, it is a popular spot in Aruba for surfing enthusiasts and the venue for sporting events in Aruba throughout the year

Hmm, you all know where Hadicurari Beach is,  this area of Aruba is, it is right by the Fisherman’s Huts. You better watch out Aruba, maybe while searching for John Grady, they may just find Natalee Holloway as well by accident.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-palm-beach-county/delray-beach/john-grady-delray-beach-man-missing-in-aruba

John Grady: Delray Beach man missing in Aruba
WPTV Webteam
11:34 AM, Apr 4, 2015
3 hours ago

The U.S. Coast Guard has confirmed that a Delray Beach man is missing in Aruba.

John Grady lives in Delray Beach and was vacationing in Aruba with his girlfriend.

His family says John went out with a kiteboard instructor near Haricurari Beach on Friday at noon and hasn't been seen since then.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/93749-cuerpo-policial-aruba-investigando-desaparicion-di-john-grady-y-fernando-dulce

Papiamentu translation:

cuerpo policial aruba investigando desaparicion of john grady y fernando dulce
saturday, 04 april 2015 15:55
comparti tourist perdi y local 00 on

diabierna 3 of april 2015, personal of strand politie owing to achieve one call for more or less 7:45pm of one tourist female saying cu his amigo, the tourist masculino john joseph grady, owing to leave for of 9:00am for bay take lesson of “kite surfing” for of fernando dulce, cu is owner of the business “extreme winds”.

according declaracion of the pareha, the lady d.w., they have to owing to come across bek at ritz carlton hotel for 12:00pm but john grady not owing to aparece.

the pareha owing to try several trip of take contacto cu john grady but till at the hour menciona the not owing to aparece y not was contesta his celular.

polisnan of strand politie owing to ask the madam for happen personalmente for haci one noticificacion oficial. for more or less 8:15pm the lady d.w. owing to present y owing to confirma the notificacion. the not was assure if john grady y fernando dulce was on lama still or will can was at ground.

at once strand politie y police maritimo together cu kustwacht owing to cuminsa prepara for buskeda. strand politie owing to leave together cu the lady d.w. on caya y owing to cuminsa one buskeda tanto at sitionan turistico, where turistanan know bay relaha ordinarily after of watersports y after at the adres where they're hospedando y another sitionan of interest for cu the investigacion.

for more or less 11:00pm kustwacht owing to cuminsa cu buskeda on lama debi cu the buskeda at ground not was dunando result. here owing to haci usage of they botonan, plane in air for patrol y helicopter. till at the momentonan here the buskeda is andando still y is in hand of kustwacht y police maritimo, while cu personal of strand politie is investigando keto bay at ground.

for sigura cu is as cuenta cu all aspecto in the buskeda, owing to institui one “task force” in cual owing to inclui several departamento of police y another instancianan of gobierno, tanto local because; internacional.

of acuerdo cu proceduranan normal, the equipment of “slachtofferhulp” of cuerpo policial aruba is envolvi y is acesorando the lady d.w., brindando all type of sosten in the momentonan dificil here.

cuerpo policial aruba is ask all person cu can owing to see tanto fernando dulce or john grady, as yesterday or today for can please take contacto cu central of police at number of telephone 100 or via the ‘tip lijn’ at 11141 for suministra informacion.

adhunto is send potretnan of tanto john grady, fernando dulce y the boat cu supuestamente they will owing to bay cune yesterday.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 05:00:24 PM »

I posted some VIDEOS of others Kite-boarding in Aruba on the front page of SM.

You can see the area where it was done. We all know it all too well. Its right next to the Fisherman's Hut area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoIWHVUWGQ

Check out how calm the waters are. Remember this is the tourist hotel side of the island where there are no waves.

How could they not find him? REALLY!!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »

Are they saying the police aren't really talking to the local press until they gather more information?   

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/93746-prensa-mericano-cu-atencion-pa-turista-perdi-na-aruba

Papiamentu translation:

prensa mericano cu atencion for tourist perdi at aruba

saturday, 04 april 2015 15:26

the tourist mericano cu owing to go kite surf in the area of hadicurari is perdi keto go. this is one news cu owing to arrive end merca at the town natal of the tourist john grady. they owing to cuminsa menciona cu the tourist is perdi together cu his instructor. the instructor is the argentino fernando dulce. is hour sun owing to descend owing to miss seems of the person here. at aruba still oficialmente autoridadnan is wardando acumulacion of informacion first cu saca algo for prensa local. all the time at merca saturday in oranan trempan of nightfall they owing to post the first info on one of the websitenan of news mericano. click for achieve the informacion cu is circulando at merca the momentonan here. come across

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-palm-beach-county/delray-beach/john-grady-delray-beach-man-missing-in-aruba

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 05:19:19 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/93748-polis-den-un-silencio-mientras-tin-turista-perdi

Papiamentu translation:

police in one silencio while have tourist perdi

saturday, 04 april 2015 15:47

is seems cu prensa local have to depende of media internacional for achieve know cu have one tourist y his instructor of kite boarding perdi on lama at aruba. tanto cuerpo policial because; kustwacht is manteniendo one silencio hermetico in the caso here, limitando they self at tell cu still not can tell nothing.

the caso here is odd because more lihe avisa publico, more person cu is leave cu boat can help in attempt of busca y see if still can localisa the two hombernan.

by diabierna sand night owing to cuminsa core informacion cu have a perdi. his boat not tey y not have contacto cune. owing to cuminsa tell cu is one instructor argentino cu is give lesson of kite surfing. by cu the informacion owing to cuminsa circula diabierna night is some instancia can owing to confirma this. esnan cu conoce the person perdi if was menciona.

all the time saturday morning for of another fuentenan not oficial can owing to compronde cu kustwacht owing to cuminsa cu one buskeda. saturday owing to come hear cu is two person have perdi. is deal of the instructor argentino fernando dulce y one tourist john grady of delray beach. while cu prensa mericano owing to coy the news mande afo end, at aruba keto bay cuerpo policial is keto.

till cu today saturday 2:00pm still police not can send the informacion oficial on the caso. all the time haven kantoor also is limita at informacion saturday afternoon. is wait for cu the embarcacionnan eyfo can owing to achieve one message for as cuenta cu have one boat perdi cu one intructor y one tourist mericano. till now here this is thing can divulga.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »

Fernando Dulce

https://www.facebook.com/Xtremewinds

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006003139116

https://www.facebook.com/XtremewindsKiteboarding

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 05:38:48 PM »

https://ikointl.com/IKO-Newsletter-What%27s-up-1-fernando-dulce

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/fernando-dulce/35/20/405

Fernando Dulce
Director, owner, Xtremewinds
ArubaSports
Current   
Xtremewinds

Experience
Director, owner, photographer.
Xtremewinds
January 2008 – Present (7 years 4 months)Aruba
Xtremewinds is a company dedicated to kitesurfing services in Aruba and Argentina, we offer kiteboarding and snowkite services as School, diferrent budgets accomodation, transportation, equipment rental, shop and gear repairs.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 05:48:06 PM »

Pictures at the link (I think this is Fernando Dulce's home)

http://masnoticia.com/entrada-hudicial-na-e-cas-unda-cu-a-mira-e-turista-pa-ultimo-biaha/

Papiamentu translation:

entrance hudicial at the cas where cu owing to see the tourist for ultimo trip

apr 4th, 2015

saturday morning recherchenan conhuntamente cu departamento technico of police owing to present at the cas bakval where cu owing to see the tourist john grady y the comerciante fernando dulce for ultimo trip diabierna morning.

the comerciante fernando cu is owner of watersports naci at argentina y live at aruba have one cas at bakval y here according informe cu the tourist masculino john grady owing to stay see ultimo y after will owing to lever lama cu kitesurf. till cu night alarma owing to stay beat cu was miss articulo at the compania of watersports y also ahaya miss of the two person hombernan here. saturday morning autoridadnan owing to as one entrance hudicial at the cas at bakval for so listra full inside of the cas under orden of fiscal for look at kico can have inside cu will can is gelink cu the desaparicion of both person.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/delray-beach/fl-delray-beach-man-missing-aruba-20150404-story.html

Delray Beach man vanishes off coast of Aruba
By Erika Pesantes
Sun Sentinel
contact the reporter

Authorities are searching for Joseph Grady, 38, who disappeared Friday after an instructional kite-boarding session with another person, Grady's girlfriend wrote in an email to Sun Sentinel news partner, WPEC-Ch. 12.

The U.S. Coast Guard lent Aruban authorities a helicopter that was already in place in Aruba on an unrelated narcotics operation to help with the search of the missing man, said Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Ryan Doss.

"We were notified by the Dutch there was a U.S. citizen who went out kite-boarding with an instructor yesterday and didn't come back," Doss said Saturday. "His female partner he was there with reported him missing to Dutch officials and we were notified earlier this morning."

A U.S. State Department official said Saturday that authorities are aware of reports of a missing U.S. citizen in Aruba.

"In cases where U.S. citizens are confirmed missing, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate works closely with the missing person's family, host country, and U.S. law enforcement agencies to monitor any investigations and provide all possible consular assistance," a State Department official in a statement Saturday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 06:09:48 PM »

Just saw this post on an BB for travelers to Aruba.  So do you think if Police on a Jet Ski hit someone they'd report it?  Just something I immediately thought of when I read the post.   

a few years ago Aruban police started patrolling the beach on dune buggy's. I thought that was ridiculous.

well..........here is the latest..........Police racing up and down the beach as fast as they could go on Jet ski's.

Not patrolling..........racing each other.

Going faster than I have ever seen those type of machines travel.

unbelievable........
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »

http://www.noticiacla.com/news/2651

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 07:28:18 PM »

Just saw this post on an BB for travelers to Aruba.  So do you think if Police on a Jet Ski hit someone they'd report it?  Just something I immediately thought of when I read the post.   

a few years ago Aruban police started patrolling the beach on dune buggy's. I thought that was ridiculous.

well..........here is the latest..........Police racing up and down the beach as fast as they could go on Jet ski's.

unbelievable........

Something just does not smell right. Imagine that happening in Aruba?

How do you fall off a kite-board and just go missing? Especially on that side of the island with calm waters and people everywhere. They were not scuba diving or snorkeling or body boarding at Andicuri Beach (http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/andicuri-beach).

One has to wonder just how safe doing any water sport is in Aruba if they have no ability to find someone immediately who may fall.

Does the Aruba LE have to be told that it is OK to find this person, they were not murdered by a judge's son. Oh, did I just say that out loud? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »

I posted some VIDEOS of others Kite-boarding in Aruba on the front page of SM.

You can see the area where it was done. We all know it all too well. Its right next to the Fisherman's Hut area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoIWHVUWGQ

Check out how calm the waters are. Remember this is the tourist hotel side of the island where there are no waves.

How could they not find him? REALLY!!!

Apparently they can't find either man or the boat.  I read somewhere it was a 10ft boat, not very big if he drifted out very far imo.

The thing that's bugging me right now is, were they supposed to be back at noon?  The Aruban articles mention her going back to the Ritz Carlton at noon but him not being there.  If they were supposed to be back at noon, why was it almost eight hours before the police were called, and 11 hours before the coast guard started searching for them?  Is this going to be another "beach police"  were notified but delayed further notification fiasco? 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 08:11:16 PM »

unbelievable........

I'm sure it would probably depend on how many and who the witnesses were. 

Nothing would surprise me. 

American's need to stay away from there completely imo.   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »

Found alive   

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/delray-beach/fl-delray-beach-man-missing-aruba-20150404-story.html

Delray Beach man who vanished off coast of Aruba has been found, uncle says
April 4, 2015, 9:34 PM

A Delray Beach man who vanished Friday on a kite-boarding excursion off the coast of Aruba was found alive about 32 hours after he went missing, his uncle said late Saturday night..

John Joseph Grady, 38, disappeared after an instructional kite-boarding session with another person. He was found just before 8 p.m. Saturday with his instructor, according to his uncle, Peter Repper.

Authorities found the kite 60 miles north of Aruba and found the boat with the two men 37 miles west of Aruba, Repper said. The news brought a flood of relief to Grady's family after a day spent on pins and needles. Repper said his sister, Grady's mother, had needed medical attention as a result of the strain from her son's disappearance.

Grady's girlfriend, Danielle Wishka, said Grady and the other person were last seen on Hadicurari Beach by other kite-boarders, according to Sun Sentinel news partner, WPEC-Ch. 12.

The last time she said she had contact with Grady was at 8:15 a.m. Friday, Grady's uncle said. And he was expected back about three hours later.

Grady, who works on making webinars on investments, had gone out on a 6- to 8-foot boat to enjoy a sport he started about two years ago, Repper said.

Repper said he is not sure how the rescue finally happened, or the specifics of his nephew's physical condition, except that he's alive and well.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 10:17:35 PM »

Looks like a tanker rescued them!   

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/93754-tankero-a-recohe-instructor-di-kitesurfing-y-turista-perdi

tankero owing to recohe instructor of kitesurfing y tourist perdi
saturday, 04 april 2015 20:38

comparti breakingnews at 37 mile one tankero owing to come across cu the two personanan perdi by diabierna sand. the instructor argentino y the tourist mericano is sano y salvo. both was in the dingui cu is the boat diminutive of the compania extreme winds. all cos is show cu the instructor owing to go for recohe the kitesurfer but the boat owing to achieve problem y consecuencia was cu they owing to drief. owing to achieve the dingui at 37 mile y the tankero did take they over. the kite self owing to come across cune first at 60 mile. kustwacht y police owing to play one rol. the rol of kustwacht was more intensivo. one boat owing to stay of go come across the tankero for so trece both person perdi bek ground. was enough preocupa because not was know assure if the dosnan here was together. now cu owing to achieve all two together in boat can owing to place one end at the buskeda. one elogio for her eprsonal of kustwacht y also police cu they work intensivo in all the buskeda here. thanks also at the atencion of esnan on the tankero cu owing to see the dingui diminutive here in lama big y leave at they yudanza. famianan owing to wordo avisa. one end feliz assure.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 10:27:56 PM »

Great news!  I honestly didn't expect him to be found, so awesome he's ok!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:12 PM »

So they were due back by noon! 

I'm thankful they're safe and sound, but it still concerns me that it took so long for the search to begin.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.