March 28, 2024, 04:35:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Year Old Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado Missing Since 4/16/15 in Provo, UT  (Read 14572 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: April 24, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »

26 Year Old Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado Missing Since 4/16/15 in Provo, UT

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/04/24/26-year-old-elizabeth-elena-laguna-salgado-missing-since-41615-in-provo-ut/

26 year old Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado has been missing since April 16, 2015 in Provo, Utah. She was last seen walking home Thursday, April 16 from the Nomen Global Language School at 384 W. Center St.; however, failed to report to work last week or return to her Provo apartment. The police have stated that Salgado’s phone has been turned off and there hasn’t been any credit card activity since Thursday.

Laguna-Salgado is described as 5-foot-4 to 5-foot-5, 120-130 pounds, with long black hair and brown eyes.

When last seen, she was wearing a denim jacket, blue jeans, black or brown knee-high boots, and was carrying a denim hand bag with red straps.

If anyone has any information about Laguna-Salgado is asked to call Provo police at 801-852-6210.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »

Volunteers plan search for missing Provo woman

http://**/news/2435387-155/volunteers-plan-search-for-missing-provo

A search was planned Thursday afternoon for a Provo woman who has not been seen for a week.

Volunteers plan to search along the Provo River and other areas of interest around the city for Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado, starting at 4 p.m., according to a Facebook event to help coordinate the search. The river is close to her work and her apartment, and is a route she might have taken between the two, said the search's organizer Alex Villalobos.

Laguna-Salgado, 26, was last seen walking home April 16 from the Nomen Global Language School at 384 W. Center St. Police are asking the public to be on the lookout for the woman, who failed to report to work last week or return to her Provo apartment.

"No ones knows where she is or even has a clue of where she could be," a post to the page reads.

Laguna-Salgado is described as 5-foot-4 to 5-foot-5, 120-130 pounds, with long black hair and brown eyes.

When last seen, she was wearing a denim jacket, blue jeans, black or brown knee-high boots, and was carrying a denim hand bag with red straps.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »

Her facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/elizabethelena.lagunasalgado

Trying to figure out who this guy is in relation to Elizabeth.  Could be her father, brother, boyfiend?  He commented on the photo above.  Was hoping to see her in person.  Probably an innocent comment.

https://www.facebook.com/corzovictoria?fref=ufi
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 12:45:50 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=34390698

Hundreds turn out to search for missing Provo woman

By Wendy Leonard
April 25th, 2015 @ 7:30pm

PROVO — Elizabeth "Elena" Laguna Salgado had only lived in Utah about a month, but the droves of people who turned out to search for her on Saturday didn't seem to care that they didn't know her.

"I figured it is a much more meaningful way to use my day," said Amy Scoville, of Provo, who set aside routine errands to spend a time searching. Scoville speaks Spanish and figures if she runs into Salgado, she could help.

Salgado, 26, was last seen leaving her English language learning school, Nomen Global Language Center at 384. W. Center Street in Provo, on Thursday, April 16. She hasn't been heard from since, according to police.

"It's been a nightmare. It is devastating," Elena's uncle, Rosemberg Salgado, told searchers on Saturday. "It is hard and difficult to keep going with our lives. We cannot eat. We cannot sleep. Our lives are not the same without Elena."

Rosemberg Salgado said he felt bolstered by the volunteer searchers, about 300 of whom showed up on Saturday to help look for his niece.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethElenaLagunaSalgadoayudanos/timeline

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 04:30:09 AM »

In that one picture, her eyes look so sad.  Hope she is found soon.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »

Police investigating body found in suitcase near Saltair

https://www.ksl.com//?sid=34456681&nid=148

Police were not able to determine the gender or age of the victim.

Human remains were located in a suitcase along a freeway Thursday, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.

The remains were located by Utah Department of Transportation workers on I-80 near the Saltair resort just before 3 p.m. The large suitcase was reportedly in a ravine off of the shoulder and not visible from the road.

Provo police confirmed Thursday evening that they are working with investigators in the case, but did not know yet whether the body could be missing Provo woman Elizabeth "Elena" Laguna Salgado.

Provo Police Chief John King said his officers are working with investigators to gather more information.

"We don’t know much about the body’s age, gender or anything like that," said UHP Lt. Jared Garcia. "We need to secure the evidence, process the crime scene, take care of that part of it."

Garcia also said it was unclear how long the body had been there.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 07:24:42 AM »

Unknown If Body in Suitcase Is Missing Utah Woman

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/unknown-if-body-found-suitcase-missing-utah-woman-elena-salgado-n351636

A state transportation crew found human remains in a suitcase Thursday along a highway near Salt Lake City, Utah, authorities said, stressing that it was too early to know whether the remains were those of Elizabeth Elena Salgado, the Provo woman who's been the subject of a national missing persons alert since last week.

The state Transportation Department said the crew was installing a cable barrier along Interstate 80 near the Saltair Resort on the shore of the Great Salt Lake when a worker spotted the suitcase about 2:45 p.m. (4:45 p.m. ET). The worker called the state Highway Patrol and discovered the body inside when the trooper arrived.

State Bureau of Investigations Lt. Jared Garcia told reporters Thursday night that the body was too badly decomposed to immediately confirm its age or sex. But police in Provo, about 30 miles south of Salt Lake City, told the Deseret News and NBC station KSL that they were working with state agents to determine whether it is that of Salgado, 26, who was last seen April 16 near a Provo language school.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »

How awful!  Prayers for her loved ones as they wait. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 12:42:53 PM »

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/story/elizabeth-salgados-family-hears-potentially-devast/49881/92A27s9_2ECs3ZOHN0HYKQ

Elizabeth Salgado's Family Hears Potentially Devastating News
Rick Aaron

04/30/2015 10:53 PM05/01/2015 05:26 AM

Salgado's family was supposed to participate in a candlelight vigil for her safe return Thursday night at North Park but 10 minutes before it was scheduled to begin, Provo Police Chief John King had a very somber conversation with her relatives.

ABC4 Utah News saw Chief King speaking with two of Elena's uncles who were visibly shaken by what they heard. The Chief then led them and Elena's mother away to a private location where he told them the news that a body had been discovered along I-80 Thursday afternoon.  While there's no confirmation of the identity, it was heart wrenching news to tell a family trying to hold out hope they will find their daughter alive.

Asked to describe the family's reaction, Chief King said, "Well, it's difficult...I put my Dad hat on as a father and it pained me to even have to speak to them about that today but I'd rather them hear it that from us and have some time as a family to maybe process it than to hear it driving down the street."

Vigil organizer Alex Villalobos had a message for Salgado's family.

"I would like to tell them to you know, keep the hope," Villalobos said. "This is not done. We're hoping for the best. We're still working and we will be out there until she's found. Until we know for sure that she's back safely."

The candlelight vigil went on withoutI the Salgado family. About 60 people sang hymns and prayed for Elena's safe return.

Earlier in the day Salgado's parents spoke at a news conference held at Provo City Hall and attended by several media members and Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes.

Through an interpreter, Mrs. Figueroa told reporters "Our pain is great. We miss our daughter...You have no idea what our pain is at this time."

Mrs. Figueroa and Mr. Ozuna met with Chief King Thursday morning. They told ABC4 News they believe their daughter had been kidnapped and  was being held against her will.

"The Police Department has been gathering a lot of information," Mrs. Figueroa said through an interpreter. "They do have a few suspects but can't do anything until they have more concrete evidence."

She then addressed Elena directly.

"We would like to tell Elizabeth Elena that we love her, we miss her, to be strong," Figueroa said. "And that we are waiting patiently for her to come home."

Elena's father also had words for his daughter.

"If you are watching this stay strong," Mr. Ozuna said. "And pray to our Heavenly Father that He will get you out of this."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 01:27:05 AM »

http://fox13now.com/2015/05/01/body-found-near-saltair-not-missing-mexican-woman-family-believes/

Police: Body found near Saltair not missing Provo woman
POSTED 1:09 PM, MAY 1, 2015, BY DAVID WELLS, UPDATED AT 01:17PM, MAY 1, 2015

PROVO, Utah — The Provo Police Department confirmed Friday afternoon that the investigation of the body found near Saltair Thursday afternoon is not related to the disappearance of 26-year-old Elizabeth Elena Laguna Salgado.

“The information we have received indicates that the UHP investigation is in no way related to the disappearance of Elizabeth Elena Laguna Salgado,” Provo police wrote in a Facebook post.

The body found Thursday appeared to match Salgado’s description, according to a co-worker of the Utah Department of Transportation employee who made the discovery, but officials have not confirmed any details about the deceased.

https://www.facebook.com/provopd/posts/884363928273957

Provo Police Department
10 hrs ·
The Provo Police Department has received numerous media calls regarding the Utah Highway Patrol investigation near Saltair. The information we have received indicates that the UHP investigation is in no way related to the disappearance of Elizabeth Elena Laguna Salgado. Please direct all media calls regarding the Saltair investigation to the Utah Highway Patrol.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 01:31:44 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/utah-police-find-body-stuffed-suitcase-article-1.2206440

Utah police find body stuffed in suitcase; family told it's not missing Provo woman
BY MEG WAGNER  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, May 1, 2015, 9:16 AM Updated: Friday, May 1, 2015, 10:51 PM

Utah police discovered a suitcase filled with human remains along a lakeside highway Thursday, and while authorities didn't identify the body, they confirmed Friday it's not a young Mormon woman who vanished earlier this month.

Utah Department of Transportation workers made the grisly discovery Thursday afternoon while working off a road in Magna, near Great Salt Lake. A foul smell led them to the large suitcase, which was not visible from the road, KSL reported.

Provo police determined the body was not Elizabeth "Elena" Laguna Salgado, who was last seen on April 16. The 26-year-old vanished while walking home from an afternoon class at the Nomen Global Language School in Provo, where she was studying English.

“All last night I couldn't sleep thinking this was my daughter,” her father, Julio Laguna Ozuna, told Good4Utah. “We prayed and have been fasting, praying to our heavenly father. “I feel relieved and have new found strength to continue looking for my daughter.”

It's unclear how long the body had been abandoned in the bag.

Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes remained optimistic at a Thursday press conference.

"We have a tremendous amount of hope, we are keeping Elizabeth and her family in our prayers," he said. "We have a tremendous amount of faith and … a tremendous amount of faith in our law enforcement personnel, who will do everything in their power to bring her home."

Medical examiners are working to identify the body in the suitcase.

Anyone with information on Salgado's whereabouts is urged to call Provo police at (801) 852-6210.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 01:45:54 AM »

http://**/news/2463684-155/body-found-in-a-suitcase-is

Police release description of body found in suitcase along Utah highway
By BOB MIMS | and Michael McFall The Salt Lake Tribune    connect
First Published May 01 2015 01:03PM    •    Updated 59 minutes ago

Investigators trying to identify the woman whose body was found in a suitcase near Saltair released a detailed description of her body.

On Friday afternoon, Unified Police announced that the body was that of a middle-age woman of unknown ethnicity who had been shot to death. She had long dark hair and a tattoo on her left wrist of a pink breast cancer ribbon. The woman was missing her right breast due to a mastectomy, police added.

She was wearing a red and white tank top, with a red button-up shirt and jeans. All of her clothing was size 8.

Unified Police officers are talking to Las Vegas police about whether the body is that of Susan Villalvazo, a missing Nevada woman. Villalvazo went missing Nov. 5, and was also missing a breast and had a pink ribbon tattoo on her left wrist, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

"We're still in the discussion phase to see if it is her," Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.

On Nov. 7, North Las Vegas police stopped Villalvazo's 75-year-old stepfather, Samuel Teran, who went missing the same day, the Review-Journal reported. But "Teran pulled out a gun and shot himself once in the head … and died at University Medical Center without telling anyone about Villalvazo's whereabouts," the newspaper added.

A Utah Department of Transportation worker found the suitcase Thursday in a ravine off Interstate 80, near mile marker 102. Police believe the body had been there for "several weeks to several months," Unified Police stated in a news release.

Anyone with information is asked to call Unified Police at 385-468-9817. Investigators have no information about a suspect.

Missing Provo woman Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado was ruled out as the victim earlier Friday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nevada-man-pulled-life-support-murder-suspect-article-1.2003813

Las Vegas man pulled off life support after suicide attempt following mysterious disappearance with step-daughter; now suspected in a possible murder

Samuel Teran, 75, had shot himself at a Burger King drive-thru Friday morning, two days after he and his step-daughter, Susana Villalvalzo, mysteriously went missing. Employees at the fast food chain saw him put a bloody suitcase in the back of his truck moments before police approached.

BY MARC WEINREICH  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 11:05 AM

A Las Vegas man who went missing with his step-daughter on Wednesday only to reappear at a Burger King drive-thru Friday morning to try to kill himself has officially died after being taken off life support — and now, he’s being looked at for the possible murder of the woman after potentially dismembering her and stuffing the body in a suitcase.

Las Vegas police initially called it a missing persons case in the disappearance of Samuel Teran, 75, and Susana Villalvalzo, 46. Now, because police obtained the gun he used to shoot himself at the Burger King on Friday morning, they’re looking at whether it was also a possible murder weapon after blood was discovered at the family home, Action News reported.

Authorities believe Villalvalzo’s body may be in one of two places — a suitcase that went missing this week from the family home and could now be in the desert, or at a storage facility the man had rented two years ago.

The woman’s cousin, Juan Villasenor, said employees at the fast food restaurant saw him put a bloody suitcase in the back of the truck.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/story/provo-police-confirm-body-found-in-suitcase-is-not/49881/92A27s9_2ECs3ZOHN0HYKQ

Family relieved body is not missing woman, Elizabeth Salgado

04/30/2015 10:53 PM
05/01/2015 06:21 PM

OREM Utah (AB4 Utah) - A family is relieved.

But the family of Elizabeth Salgado is also saddened.

Friday afternoon they learned the body found in a suitcase Thursday near Saltair isn’t the missing Provo woman.

“When they told us we felt relieved that it wasn't our daughter we started crying,” said Libertad Salgado Figueroa, the mother of Elizabeth. But she is also saddened because now another family has lost a loved one.

Overnight the family was in anguish not knowing if the body was that of Elizbeth’s. She went missing on a Provo street two weeks ago. It was around 1:30 in the afternoon and she had just left her language school headed for home.

At around the noon hour on Friday, the Salgados learned that it wasn't their daughter. "I feel so much better from my heart,” the mother said. “I feel much more at peace because I have hope that my daughter is still alive and that we will find her.”

Her husband was at her side. They had traveled from Mexico to Provo to be closer to the investigation.

“All last night I couldn't sleep thinking this was my daughter,” said Julio Laguna Ozuna. “We prayed and have been fasting, prayng to our heavenly father. “I feel relieved and have new found strength to continue looking for my daughter.”

So the search continues for Elizabeth. Her family and friends continued posting flyers this time on State Street in Orem.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

Its the old good new and bad news at the same time.

Family relieved to hear that the body found was not that of missing Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado; however, where is she?

I was somewhat skeptical that the body found was that of 26 Year Old Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado because she has gone missing on 4/16/15 and the reports stated that the body was badly decomposed. Between the time gone missing and discovery of the suitcase along the roadside, it was not enough time for that to occur.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »

Another body found about 80 miles from Provo from what I can tell.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/utah-police-investigating-body-found-north-of-ogden/

ByCRIMESIDER STAFFCBS/APMay 4, 2015, 3:11 PM

Utah police investigating body found north of Ogden

SALT LAKE CITY - Police are investigating after a body was discovered by a mountain biker Monday morning in the mountains north of Ogden.

Authorities say the biker stopped and found the body after his dog smelled something about 9:30 a.m.

Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Lane Findlay says the body appeared to have been on the hillside for some time. Authorities are beginning to investigate the person's age, gender and identity.

The body was found near North Ogden, about 45 miles north of Salt Lake City.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 10:08:54 PM »

http://**/news/2474715-155/police-investigating-womans-body-found-on

Police investigating woman’s body found on mountainside above Ogden
By BOB MIMS | The Salt Lake Tribune   connect
First Published May 04 2015 12:09PM    •    Updated 3 hours ago

Weber County sheriff's detectives are investigating the discovery of a woman's remains on a mountainside above North Ogden on Monday morning, but it could be weeks before the body is identified.

The body, discovered in thick brush by a mountain biker and his dog investigating a foul odor about 9:20 a.m. near 1500 N. Mountain Road, reportedly was in a state of advanced decomposition.

"It appears the body has been on the mountainside for an extended period of time," said Sheriff's Lt. Lane Findlay, adding that the body was in "pretty dense oak brush" near a "fairly popular trial system.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 10:10:54 PM »

http://**/news/2475562-155/reward-posted-in-case-of-missing

Reward posted in case of missing Provo woman
The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published 5 hours ago    •    Updated 5 hours ago

A $5,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the whereabouts of Elizabeth Elena Laguna-Salgado, a 26-year-old Provo woman missing since April 16, 2015, Provo police announced Monday.

Laguna-Salgado was last seen after leaving the Nomen Global School at 384 West Center Street in Provo.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »

http://**/news/2489126-155/reward-increased-to-15000-in-case

Reward increased to $15,000 in case of Mexican woman who disappeared in Utah
By BRADY McCOMBS The Associated Press

First Published May 07 2015 03:45PM    •    Last Updated May 08 2015 08:35 pm

Provo • It has been three weeks since a 26-year-old Mexican woman who was studying in Utah mysteriously went missing, and now police are raising the reward for help finding her to $15,000.

They are searching for Elena Laguna Salgado, of Chiapas, Mexico, who hasn't been seen or heard from since she left class at the Nomen Global Language Center in downtown Provo the afternoon of April 16.

Provo police say there is no evidence she was kidnapped, but they consider it worrisome that she hasn't made contact with anyone.

"We are desperate," said her uncle, Rosemberg Salgado, in Spanish.

Police said Thursday that contributions from a local company and an unnamed person allowed them to increase the reward, which would be paid to somebody who comes forward with information that leads to the discovery of the woman.

Rosemberg Salgado is urging anyone with any information about his niece to call police — regardless of their immigration status in the United States. Police are focused on finding Elena Laguna Salgado, not on turning people in for immigration violations, Rosemberg Salgado said.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.