March 28, 2024, 03:35:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Connecticut Serial Killer Connected to at Least Seven Victims  (Read 9568 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 12, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/conn-serial-killer-7-victims-remains-found-article-1.2218067
Connecticut serial killer dumped 7 victims in New Britain woods: cops
May 11, 2015

A Connecticut serial killer linked to the remains of three women found dumped behind a suburban Hartford strip mall in 2007 killed at least four others discovered last month during new search of the site, authorities said.

Law enforcement agents confirmed the stunning news on Monday, telling reporters they're "confident" one person is responsible for all seven deaths.

Investigators have identified one of the four newly discovered sets of remains as Melanie Ruth Camilini, a mother of two who would have celebrated her 42nd birthday on Monday, police said. Camilini and the other victims likely died in 2003, authorities said.

Kane and New Britain police refused to identify the mysterious suspect, saying only the person is no longer a danger. The Hartford Courant, citing police sources, reported the person is locked up on different charges and has never been charged in the killings.

Investigators have returned to the woods behind the New Britain shopping plazamultiple times over the years. Dogs led authorities to uncover the four addtional sets of remains during the latest search, the paper reported.

Cadaver dogs hit on several spots in the area, behind a Subway sandwich shop, liquor store and hair salon, along Hartford Road during an April search.

Officials have scoured the place on occasion since 2007, when someone searching for a spot to hunt discovered partial remains.

That led to the discovery of 53-year Diane Cusack, 23-year-old Joyvaline Martinez and 40-year-old Jane Menard, all women who had struggled with drug addiction, hung out along the same strip in New Britain and were last seen in 2003.

The women, whose deaths were ruled homicides, were not identified until 2010, 2013 and 2014, respectively, according to the Courant.

In 1995, the remains of 17-year-old Elizabeth Honsch were found behind the same strip mall. The girl had been shot in the head, though police say her death was unrelated to the other killings.

Her father awaits trial for killing the teen and her mother.

The state has offered a $150,000 reward for a conviction in the serial case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/four-bodies-found-behind-us-shopping-centre-linked-to-serial-killer-31215249.html
Four bodies found behind US shopping centre linked to serial killer
Published May 5, 2015

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:04:48 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/conn-serial-killer-jailed-2003-murder-report-article-1.2219138
Connecticut serial killer already jailed for 2003 murder of still-missing woman: report
May 12, 2015

The man suspected of killing at least seven women and dumping them behind a New Britain strip mall is already serving time in a Connecticut prison for killing another woman, according to a report.

William Devin Howell, 45, is the man linked to the serial killings, all thought to have been carried out in 2003, sources told WVIT-TV.

Howell was the last person to be seen with 33-year-old Nilsa Haydie Arizmendi in July 2003. She’d met up to buy drugs from the handyman, went missing and is presumed dead.

Blood belonging to Arizmendi was discovered in his van, but her body was never found.

He was arrested in Virginia in 2005 and convicted of manslaughter in 2007.

That was the year the remains of three women, all of whom struggled with drug addiction and hung out in the same New Britain neighborhood, were found behind the strip mall along Hartford Road, among a 15-acre patch of woods.

Diane Cusack, 53, Joyvaline Martinez, 23, and 40-year-old Jane Menard were last seen alive in 2003. Each was positively identified in 2010, 2013 and 2014

One set of remains found in April was identified as Melanie Ruth Camilini, a mother of two who have celebrated her 42nd birthday on Monday, the day cops announced her skeletal remains were among those in the woods.

Camilini also disappeared in 2003.

It’s unclear if one of the sets of remains belongs to Arizmendi. She was last seen alive in Howell’s van in Wethersfield. He’d been known to cut lawns at businesses and homes in and around the Hartford area. His alleged dumping ground in New Britain is just 13 miles from the Connecticut capital city.

Howell’s van was seized in North Carolina in April 2004 after he was arrested in an unrelated matter, Connecticut officials said. Inside, investigators found blood belonging to Arizmendi and “a substantial amount of blood from a second, unidentified individual,” the state’s criminal justice department said in a website listing cold cases.

They also found a videotape featuring two unidentified women whom police have tried to identify.

Authorities issued an arrest warrant stemming from Arizmendi’s death and Howell was arrested in Hampton, Va., in 2005. He was convicted of manslaughter in 2007 and sentenced to 15 years in prison, with an estimated release date of March 2019.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »

What a sick SOB he is. May all his victims rest in Peace and prayers for all their families. I wonder if they are going to charge him with all 7  murders. He needs to be behind bars for the rest of his life.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »

What a sick SOB he is. May all his victims rest in Peace and prayers for all their families. I wonder if they are going to charge him with all 7  murders. He needs to be behind bars for the rest of his life.

Sadly, I think there are more than the seven.  I'm not sure he would be charged with all seven, since it takes so many resources.  I wonder if they will charge him with a few of the ones they have the best chance of a conviction and ensure he never gets out of prison.  Of course, that isn't justice to the seven nor their families.  It seems to be the way things work these days...  I hope he is held accountable for each and every life he took.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »

Sadly, I think there are more than the seven.  I'm not sure he would be charged with all seven, since it takes so many resources.  I wonder if they will charge him with a few of the ones they have the best chance of a conviction and ensure he never gets out of prison.  Of course, that isn't justice to the seven nor their families.  It seems to be the way things work these days...  I hope he is held accountable for each and every life he took.

I agree.  The resources are so limited.  He does need to be accountable . . . yet even justice does not bring closure -- but hopefully it can bring some peace.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »

agree there are prob more victims, and could be all
the way to S.C.

Longtime friend of accused serial killer speaks to 10 On Your Side
By Deanna LeBlanc
Published: May 18, 2015, 11:04 pm

A close friend of Howell talked to 10 On Your Side about her time with the Howell, years ago.
WAVY.com has chosen not to identify this woman, because she feels Howell is still connected to dangerous people in Hampton Roads and fears for her safety. But she wants the public to know — sometimes it’s the people you trust the most who you don’t really know at all.
The woman has known Howell since the late 1980s. The pair grew up in the Michael’s Woods and North Hampton neighborhoods and both attended Bethel High School. Although, Howell never graduated.
“We were all a bunch of kind of wild kids, the ones that skipped school,” she said.
The woman said Howell as never a poster child. She described him having a hard life: a sick mother and an alcoholic father.

“They were really poor,” the friend explained. “I can remember all the parents in the neighborhood getting him school clothes, getting him school shoes. We all felt so sorry for him.”
She also remembers Howell as having a good heart. She said he used to offer to mow lawns for neighbors, and despite his financial status, she said he always offered to do it for free.
Like many in his  of friends, she said Howell experimented with drugs and drank. But she said he “never grew up” like the rest of them did. Eventually, Howell earned the reputation: Dirty Devin.
“He was shady, shady Devin, dirty Devin, because he did what he had to do to get by,” she said.
Still, his friends stayed close. She said Howell had a long-term relationship and fathered a child with a woman in their group of friends. But she said she remembered him being abusive, and the relationship was rocky.
“Physical, verbal, I’m surprised there were no assault and battery charges along the way, real surprised,” she said.
At some point, she said, Howell moved to a trailer in Bertie County, N.C. She visited him there often and remembered his old beat up van.

“It was odd colors. It was a mismatched, like it had been put together like a puzzle. He did not want anyone in that van, near that van for any reason, constantly kept it locked,” she said.
That’s a detail she didn’t think much of at the time, but not long after that visit, police seized the van, saying the blood-stained back seat proved Howell killed Nilsa Arizmendi in 2003.
Still, while the court proceedings dragged on, Howell’s friend stuck by him, not believing the accusations could be true.
“We were all like, ‘not Devin, no way. It’s got to be because he’s the country boy from Virginia up north,'” she said.
Still, when she asked him about his van, something seemed off, even before police eventually filed the manslaughter charges.
“Something did just not seem right about Devin’s answers. For us to have grown up together and for him to not look me in the eye to answer questions, something about him seemed different,” she said.

Now, police sources link him to six more murders. Court papers show many of his alleged victims were prostitutes — a detail that’s not overlooked by his friend.
“He was always, constantly getting rejected because he was not good looking. He was overweight and he was kind of dirty. There was not much attractive about him besides his personality. It was always like he looked for girls who had weaknesses or drug issues or prostitution, like he purposely sought out that kind of person out,” she said.
And now that Howell is connected to so many more murders, this friend said she can’t ignore it any longer.
“I feel betrayed. I feel like, you were somebody fake the whole time, and that could easily have been me,” she said. “I truly believe he did it. I really do.”
WAVY.com has reached out to several local police departments to see if they’re reopening any cold cases to check for links to William Devin Howell. So far, there are no links being investigated.
http://wavy.com/2015/05/18/longtime-friend-of-accused-serial-killer-speaks-to-10-on-your-side/ 

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 06:30:56 PM »

sorry this should read N.C., not S.C.

agree there are prob more victims, and could be all
the way to S.C.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.