April 25, 2024, 10:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: american media's attitude  (Read 5457 times)
Hubmd
Scared Monkey

« on: June 22, 2005, 01:15:15 PM »

Good Afternoon to everybody

The way the FOX and CNN (Mr. O'Riley and Ms. Nancy Grace) are covering the news of the disappearance of Ms. Natalee Holloway, is a contribution to more hate to the americans. The arab people are hating the americans, many latin americans hate the americans, there are europeans that don't like the americans.

Please you have to change your view and behaviour.

The America should be a model for this world, a land of brotherhood and moral. But unfortunately there are mainstream medias together with politicians that are destroying this.

I wish Natalee will be found and this case will be resolved. I want to know what will be the answer if Natalee will be found, will the press and all the arrogant media reporters reverse their statements and correct the way they send news?

I am sorry for this, but PLEASE EVALUATE YOUR EXPRESSIONS!!!

I AM AN ARUBAN
Bill
Scared Monkey

---
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 01:33:10 PM »

---
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 08:43:19 PM »

Hubmd----Do you not read your Local Paper? The Editor to that Paper (Diara?) is one of the Most inflammatory personalities that I have seen on any news program. Who was the one mentioning the "Slave Trade" and this Editor has said some very vague and derogatory remarks about both Natalee and Joran.....Hubmd---You need to take a look in your mirror before you go castigating the USA Media. If it were NOT for our (USA) Media the Natalee story would never be known. It is the USA Media that has Made the Arubaian Authorites FINALLY get to Investigatiing this case. Could it be that you and your fellow Island mates are now being portrayed as Who you really are, with the red light districts and "Anything Goes Island Attitude".......???

GuyWdog
Gingerkitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

Americans are hated all over the world, no matter what. Our news media have little impact on how people perceive the "ugly American." So, what else is new? This ain't. We've been hated for a long time.

Americans are viewed as frivolous, spoiled, ignorant, loud, self-absorbed, etc., etc., by Europeans, Middle Easterners, South Americans, and just about everyone everywhere on the globe.

Maybe some of it is deserved, but, considering Americans are  comprised of  every representitive nationality in the world, it's ludicrous to condemn an entire nation of diversity, and a melting pot of cultures. Close to 1 billion people are painted with the same broad brush, yet, each year, millions of people risk life and limb to come here,  by  hard-earned VISA,  smuggled in by raft and flimsy vessels,  or suffocating in  sickening conditions hidden in trucks and trunks. They  pour into our country because they want to be part of a society which is far superior than anywhere else on the planet from their perspectives.

America contributes more charity and aid to countries in need, than any other nation. Whenever there is famine,  plague, or natural disaster, the American government, and the American people contribute more than all the other nations combined. Americans also support the world's economy by enthusiastically purchasing foreign goods and travelling abroad.

How about the Australian girl jailed for importing marajuana into Indonesia? Look how their country has rallied behind her, and imposed their presence on that government, with the full force of their media. This is over a 20 year jail sentence, not a mysterious disappearance. So, it's not unique for a country to adopt the cause of one of their daughters in trouble in another country. Why is Australia praised for their dedication to their troubled Aussie daughter, yet, America is despised for caring about Natalee and her family?

It's time for the world to get over their hatred of the U.S.A.
I think it's unfair and unwarranted.

IMO
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »

Why in the hell should America be a "model" for other countries?

Re.: Nancy Grace, Bill O'Reilly, you're right, Bill, we do consider them reporters. I guess we should change that view.

Oh, and I'm an Aruban also.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:12:48 AM »

---
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 09:45:24 AM »

Well this could be a new topic worth disucssing.  I could not have said it better than GingerKitty did.

"Americans are viewed as frivolous, spoiled, ignorant, loud, self-absorbed, etc., etc., by Europeans, Middle Easterners, South Americans, and just about everyone everywhere on the globe".

This is soooo true.  There is a lot of bashing of the Dutch laws right in this forum.  Think about O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson, and many others that still walk the streets in USA.  How can we point the finger at the Dutch laws when ours let crimminals go free.
Bill
Scared Monkey

---
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 10:18:57 AM »

---
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 07:08:04 PM »

Quote from: "Gingerkitty"
Americans are hated all over the world, no matter what. Our news media have little impact on how people perceive the "ugly American." So, what else is new? This ain't. We've been hated for a long time.

Americans are viewed as frivolous, spoiled, ignorant, loud, self-absorbed, etc., etc., by Europeans, Middle Easterners, South Americans, and just about everyone everywhere on the globe.

Maybe some of it is deserved, but, considering Americans are  comprised of  every representitive nationality in the world, it's ludicrous to condemn an entire nation of diversity, and a melting pot of cultures. Close to 1 billion people are painted with the same broad brush, yet, each year, millions of people risk life and limb to come here,  by  hard-earned VISA,  smuggled in by raft and flimsy vessels,  or suffocating in  sickening conditions hidden in trucks and trunks. They  pour into our country because they want to be part of a society which is far superior than anywhere else on the planet from their perspectives.

America contributes more charity and aid to countries in need, than any other nation. Whenever there is famine,  plague, or natural disaster, the American government, and the American people contribute more than all the other nations combined. Americans also support the world's economy by enthusiastically purchasing foreign goods and travelling abroad.

How about the Australian girl jailed for importing marajuana into Indonesia? Look how their country has rallied behind her, and imposed their presence on that government, with the full force of their media. This is over a 20 year jail sentence, not a mysterious disappearance. So, it's not unique for a country to adopt the cause of one of their daughters in trouble in another country. Why is Australia praised for their dedication to their troubled Aussie daughter, yet, America is despised for caring about Natalee and her family?

It's time for the world to get over their hatred of the U.S.A.
I think it's unfair and unwarranted.

IMO

AMEN, Ginger!!!

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Eclipse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 07:39:48 PM »

I think some of the media is hounding the Arubians for information over and over again, They have a good system, just because they do not give every single detail and subject to the case to all kinds of trouble does not give the media or whoever the right to critize the way they do things. By holding information back you allow people to come forward and offer tips and things that you can determine as reliable or not ... So anyways I think the parents are not getting enough information but I think they are doing things ok not to crazy about the half hazard search that took place.

GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 07:47:23 PM »

Come On People --Get Real ! It is PURE Jealousy....We are the ONLY SuperPower. So what can we characterise about the Dutch- They Smoke Hasish, the Men all go to Prostitutes, They dont ever Marry, Their Police are Incompetent, etc.etc. Now what about the Arabs, they are all about chopping the heads off of Infidels....get some reasoning, PLEASE.....I'll take here in the USA over Anywhere in the World....

And I'll say again if the USA Media Ahd NOT put this case in the fore-front then Natalee Holloway would never be found and those 2 Native Islanders would be convicted of her disapperance....

GuyWdog
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 08:27:19 PM »

Yes, I'm green with jealousy. Absolutely.

Except not really.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Eclipse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 09:37:13 PM »

OH yes none of our justice officals sleep with whores  do dope and you you don't even need  four year degree in most cases to become a peace officer. I won't even bring up the big failure of Branch Davidains, Ruby Ridge, gee did a cop throw a kitten off a bridge the other day. Yeah we have a great justice system- Micheal Jackson, Robert Blake, OJ go free but Martha gets sent to the pen??? HMMM Rolling Eyes

GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 09:46:44 PM »

Eclipse, What has yopur staement have to do with the original Topic ?
---"american media's attitude"---

Just wondering..

guyWdog
ChytownEd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 10:31:03 PM »

I didn't like what Greta did - broadcasting from the Kalpoes' doorstep and intruding on the van der Sloops. Don't blame Anita VDS at all for doing what she can to protect her privacy and that of her children.

At this stage, I'm leaving it to others to speculate about how the crime was committed, or by whom. I'm "awaiting further developments." Still wondering how some of the individuals questioned or detained fit into the picture.

For what it's worth, I doubt that Paulus VDS than fudge the time line or "forget" certain facts when questioned. I doubt that he was involved in the commission of a crime, or disposal of a body (and we don't know that there is a body to dispose of, yet).
Curiosity
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 01:47:38 AM »

I'm glad Greta did do the interviews that she's been able to do. It gives us a glimpse of what the parents are seeing, thinking etc. It has added more to the news for us to use in coming up with conjectures. Greta is doing a great job of covering the story.....and I say as a person who doesn't particulary like Greta's style of reporting. Good job Greta!!!
DarnellMcTarnahan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 03:03:54 AM »

arubans are slow and lazy like all island grifters
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 05:48:33 AM »

not true, in terms of GDP america is one of the "cheaper" nations in the world and in fact a lot of our so-called contributions are contributions in kind - expired medicine, out of date food, not cash - so the next time they say they're giving x million dollars in aid, look at how it breaks down - you'll be surprised....

it's time for america to wake up. we're losing our edge and our credibility and soon it will also be our market share. most foreigners are very aware of america and how what we say and what we do are not the same - our double standard has been laid bare, unfortunately america is in denial and has an "excuse" for everything and instead of fixing its own problems is more concerned with pointing fingers. it's heartbreaking for those of us who love are country and are watching it decline.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
Bill
Scared Monkey

---
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 06:12:51 AM »

---
Amy Dawn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 09:29:04 AM »

Quote from: "Dianne Summer"

"Americans are viewed as frivolous, spoiled, ignorant, loud, self-absorbed, etc., etc., by Europeans, Middle Easterners, South Americans, and just about everyone everywhere on the globe".

I want to say something about this.... and then something else.

Two things:

This is true, and american media cannot control this, because each and every country has their own media which spins and spins and spins the truth to benefit their own country, i believe because they want to empower their own citizens so they will stay in their mother country.

I came to the US from Canada and the way the media spins this country is sickening, they even have molson canadian beer commercials one is called the "i'm a dumbass american" the other is "dating your sister" which has to do with redneck americans... the others include an american or two mocking canadians and the way they talk, or asking where their 'beaver' is to which the guy pulls out his beaver and he attacks the americans, the other one includes the canadian kicking the crap out of the american in the office for mocking them...

You can watch some of the commercials here:

http://canada4life.ca/videos.php

when my friends and others found out I was marrying an american they all started bashing the country and the people.

I (because i'm so smart ;p) spanked them all down to the point where they didn't know 'why' they thought that and they admitted after a heated debate that they were in fact brainwashed.

the CBC is the biggest biased media machine in canada and their chairman or someone at the top is 'appointed' by the prime minister, he can hire and fire anybody who bucks the government or gets to uppity.
I will call what they do 'dictating' ...

Fact; Canadian media must be 80% canadian 20% international... can't have fox news because it's conservative and offers the opposite view, which just isn't liberal.. .liberals have run canada (into the ground) the past 24 years, and they reek of hypocrisy. (sorry getting off topic)

the CBC is designed to 'empower' canadians to make them feel like they are better then the USA, and they do this by stereotyping americans subtly saying they are

arrogant, spoiled, pigs, one of the world's biggest polluter's, they take themselves too seriously, ect ect..

I love this country, i've dreamed of coming here since I was a little girl.

Me and ex best friend said we were going to be lawers and live in hawaii in a big house with tennis courts, i'd get the west wing of the house and she would get the east. lol

obviously the plans fell through, but I am here now and i've never been happier.

And I will never live back in Canada... And if anybody is arrogant and takes themselves to seriously it's the canadians.

And Bill O'reilly and Nancy Grace are not 'news reporters' they are commentators... There is a difference... Arubagirl, I think what bill meant by being a model to the world was that the free market ideology should be spread around...

Thats the only reason why so many people flock here everyday...

America is the land of milk and honey, if other countries took that mentality their countrymen wouldn't leave.

"Corrupt the young, Get them interested in sex. Make them superficial, Get their minds off their government. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.