April 26, 2024, 10:59:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: honor student  (Read 3517 times)
anonymouse
Scared Monkey

« on: June 22, 2005, 03:24:49 PM »

interesting.....

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2
Saussay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »

Very Interesting
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 04:12:38 PM »

Indeed.
bobcats1996
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »

what exactly are yall trying to say
bamarez
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

You mean the fact that she's not listed as an Honor Graduate? I think she's been called an Honors student because she made the Honor Roll for 10th-12th grades. And I believe, not sure though...that Honor Graduates have to maintain a certain GPA for 9-12th grade.
fnkmsta
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:26:25 AM »

She took 2 AP (advanced placement) exams, one last year and one this year. The new one is Calculus AB and she got a 3. Not an easy task. Stop disparaging her intelligence.
ALALady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 12:58:25 AM »

You mean the fact that she's not listed as an Honor Graduate? I think she's been called an Honors student because she made the Honor Roll for 10th-12th grades. And I believe, not sure though...that Honor Graduates have to maintain a certain GPA for 9-12th grade.

See next Post..............[/quote]

****PRAYING THEY FIND NATALEE NOW****
ALALady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:02:03 AM »

"Honor(s) graduates" can be a term meaning different things at different schools.  There may be the student who takes the minimum number of courses required to graduate and who makes straight As and he/she may be referred to as an "honor graduate" at one school.  That student would indeed be in the "Honor Society."  That same student at another school may not be specifically termed an "Honor Graduate" at another school with stricter criteria unless he/she took SPECIFIC designated "honors" courses, or AP (Advanced Placement) courses.  These courses earn greater course credits, and therefore, enhance the students overall GPA to a greater degree if high grades are earned.  Natalee did take AP and Honors courses and would certainly have earned the label of "honor graduate" at 99% of America's High Schools.  Now whether or not she was actually a bonifide Mountain Brook Honor Graduate in the STRICTEST sense is really elementary at best.  If she made it out of THAT high school with fabulous grades, she is an "honor student" in anybody's book!  That is the toughest and best school in the state and there is no doubt that Natalee is a very bright young lady.  Additionally, people do not earn full academic scholarships these days to college without there being good reason to substantiate it.  After all, her family can definitely afford to send her where ever she would like to go, and the competition for college placement and scholarships these days is really fierce.  Let's try not to make something of nothing here.  I don't know Natalee or her family, but she was obviously very, very bright.  Let us focus on her safe return.

****PRAYING THEY FIND NATALEE NOW****
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 01:26:45 AM »

Those listed as "honors graduates" in that list are the top 5% (or 10%...I don't remember which.) An honors student can really just be someone who is in honors socities and makes really good grades.

bamarez
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:42:06 AM »

Thank you for clarifying that ALALady and mbhs05. Don't know why anyone would want to nitpick over something like this anyway. If she got Honors anything...she done good! Should we compare "My Student is a ..." bumper stickers now? She's MISSING folks, no matter what the circumstances are...the important thing is to find her.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.