March 28, 2024, 11:59:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Year Old Leaona Wright Missing Since 6/6/15 in Pendleton, SC  (Read 9006 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: June 07, 2015, 02:29:03 PM »

One Year Old Leaona Wright Missing Since 6/6/15 in Pendleton, SC (Update: Search of Waste Management of South Carolina’s Pendleton Transfer Station)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/06/07/one-year-old-leona-wright-missing-since-6615-in-pendleton-sc/

A one year old Leaona Wright has been missing since Saturday morning, June 6, 2015 in Pendleton, South Carolina. The one year old little girl is about 29 pounds and was last seen wearing a long white T-shirt. Anderson County deputies told media outlets that the toddler’s mother, Kiara Sullivan, discovered her daughter gone Saturday morning. Investigators say the girl’s older sister may have opened a door and the toddler walked out and away from the
Apartment building A of Edgewood Square Apartments.  The boyfriend of Leona’s mother, Travis Jones (pic), was taken into custody on Saturday morning for an outstanding bench warrant unrelated to the case. The mother was not home at the time the one year old went missing. The boyfriend was watching the child at the time of the disappearance. The police searched 2 miles in every direction of the Edgewood Square Apartments with deputies, dogs and search crews from multiple jurisdictions to no avail.

It has not been determined yet whether foul play has been involved.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:46:03 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

1-year-old girl remains missing in Anderson County

http://www.counton2.com/story/29259338/1-year-old-girl-remains-missing-in-anderson-county

Authorities continue to look for a 1-year-old girl missing from her Anderson County home.

Deputies told media outlets that the toddler's mother discovered her daughter gone Saturday morning. Investigators say the girl's older sister may have opened a door and the toddler walked out.

Anderson County deputies were joined by officers from surrounding area and volunteers. About 200 people searched for about seven hours Saturday searching the woods around the Pendleton home before suspending the search around 4 p.m.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:46:43 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 02:33:03 PM »

Search for missing toddler wraps up at waste disposal center

http://www.wyff4.com/news/deputies-search-for-underway-for-missing-1yearold-toddler/33436546

An hours long search for a missing toddler has been called off for now by authorities.

Information from the public led investigators to expand their search to the waste transfer center in Pendleton until 10 p.m. Saturday.  The search resumed Sunday morning.

WYFF News 4's Corey Davis said deputies have blocked off the entrance to the Anderson County Sheriff's Office is blocking the entrance Pendleton Transfer Center.  The site is where trucks carrying garbage collected from throughout the community transfer the waste into other vehicles bound for the landfill.

Sheriff John Skipper said garbage from the apartment complex dumpster was likely brought to the site.

"From history throughout the county, you know that when people come up missing sometimes they end up in a landfill," Skipper said. "We always try to put this first on our list. That way, we’ll know that if it wasn’t in the truck then we don’t have to go someplace else and dig later.”

When asked if he thought the baby was still alive, Skipper said "You can always hope."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:47:11 PM by Red » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »

Once again a baby goes missing while the boy friend is suppose to  be watching her. While I know kids can disappear in the blink of the eye., even to the most diligent parents. It seems any more lives are just as disposable as any household trash. I pray they find baby Lenna alive and safe soon.  an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:47:34 PM by Red » Logged

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:15:25 PM »

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2015/06/07/search-continues-year-old-pendleton-girl/28647945/

Authorities resume search for missing Pendleton toddler
Romando Dixson, rdixson@greenvillenews.com 6:26 p.m. EDT June 8, 2015

The Anderson County Sheriff's Office on Monday morning continued to investigate the disappearance of a 1-year-old Pendleton girl, Lt. Sheila Cole said.

Deputies and rescue teams resumed their search for the toddler about 10 a.m. Monday.

"We haven't located any trace of her at this point," Cole said.

The search will continue until dark, the Sheriff's Office said Monday evening. Plans for Tuesday have not been finalized, Cole said.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:01:02 AM »

911 Call for missing One year old Missing Child

https://soundcloud.com/mcmillanaim/911-call-for-missing-pendleton-child

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:47:53 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »

Few clues in disappearance of 1-year-old Pendleton girl

http://www.independentmail.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-missing-1-year-old-pendleton-girl

In the first call, which sheriff’s officials say was received at 9:47 a.m., a neighbor of the child’s mother tells an emergency dispatcher: “The baby is missing out here.”

People can be heard shouting in the background during the call, which lasted about a minute.

The dispatcher then called the neighbor back.

During the second call, which lasted about 6½ minutes, another woman also spoke to the dispatcher, telling her that the situation was “confusing.”

The woman told the dispatcher that Leaona’s mother and her boyfriend “should have been up with these kids.” She was referring to Leaona and her 3-year-old sister, A’riel.
The woman said that Leaona’s mother, Kiara Sullivan, said Leaona was gone when she woke up.

The woman also told the dispatcher that A’riel said she saw Leaona by a car in a breezeway at the apartment complex and “that somebody picked her up.”

The second call ended when deputies arrived at the apartment complex.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:48:19 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 11:44:14 PM »

Check this bizarre story out from Pendleton, SC at the apartment complex where 1 year old Leona Wright went missing. Fox Carolina news crews were at the scene covering the story of missing Leona when a drive by shooting took place.  However, it appears the apartment buildings that were struck was the one from which Leaona Wright went missing.

Deputies respond to drive-by shooting at Pendleton apartment complex

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29281607/deputies-respond-to-drive-by-shooting-at-pendleton-apartment-complex#ixzz3cd3OvrzQ

A drive-by shooting was reported in Pendleton on Tuesday.

The shooting happened at Edgewood Square Apartments around 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday night. The Anderson County Sheriff's Office said they were responding.

No injuries were reported but several apartments were damaged during the reported shooting. Lieutenant Sheila B. Cole with the Anderson County Sheriff's Office said two apartment buildings were struck with apparent gunfire and there were no suspects at the time.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »

A vigil was held Monday night outside the apartment where Wright lived.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/deputies-search-for-underway-for-missing-1yearold-toddler/33436546

Leaona's mother, Kiara Sullivan spoke to WYFF News 4's Mandy Gaither before the vigil.

"She was a sweet baby. I just want somebody to tell me anything, any little thing would help. I just want her back, back to me and my family. That's all that matters to me," Sullivan said.

Sullivan also said, "I never thought this is what it would come to."

WAS? Did the mother just refer to her child in the past tense? In the video in this article the mom says she hopes some one just brings her back safe.

What did the mother mean by,  "I never thought this is what it would come to?"
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »

This story gets more bazaar all the time. Doesn't sound very hopeful that they will find Leaona. I pray I am wrong.

I had the same reaction to the "was" by the mom and her last statement " I never thought it would come to this"  Really gives me chills. So what was going on with the family?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 07:58:07 AM »

Deputies: 3-year-old did not open door for missing Anderson County child

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29298853/deputies-3-year-old-did-not-open-door-for-missing-1-year-old-girl#ixzz3cqlxnKyA

The Anderson County Sheriff's Office said Thursday they are continuing to investigate the disappearance of a 1-year-old girl.

According to Lt. Sheila Cole, deputies conducted a search in the Cedar Grove Road area in Townville on Wednesday. Cole said 30 deputies, three canines and the marine unit searched after a tip was received the previous day. She said the search ended without any new information obtained.

Cole said investigators believed early on that the reported circumstances of the disappearance were not accurate.

She said they have worked to put together an accurate picture of what happened, and now know the 3-year-old did not open the front door to allow Leaona Wright to crawl outside, as it was initially reported to deputies.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »

http://www.wyff4.com/news/vigil-held-for-missing-baby-as-new-revelations-in-the-case-are-revealed/33530510

ACSO: DSS takes custody of missing baby's siblings
Leaona Wright missing since Saturday
UPDATED 9:56 AM EDT Jun 12, 2015

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. —The Department of Social Services now has custody of the siblings of a missing baby, according to the Anderson County Sheriff's Office.
More News

Officials said they removed a 3-year-old from the home where the child disappeared and also took custody of a 6-year-old who was living with the missing baby's grandmother.

On Thursday, deputies said they have been given inconsistent information in the investigation into the disappearance of 1-year-old Leaona.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.