March 28, 2024, 02:25:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Rogers, 35yrs old missing since July 3, 2015 from Bardstown, KY  (Read 96230 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »

Here is another headline.  This occurred on Houck's farm which belongs to his mother:

http://www.kystandard.com/content/illegal-burn-extinguished-houck-farm

Illegal burn extinguished on Houck farm
by Randy Patrick
Friday, July 17, 2015 at 11:10 am

Firefighters and deputy sheriffs responded Thursday night to a report of a fire on Rose Mary Houck’s farm on Paschal Ballard Lane to what turned out to be an illegal burn.

I wonder what the illegal burn was. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »

BPD connection to Rogers investigation questioned

Boyfriend who last reportedly saw her has brother on police force

By Forrest Berkshire, Editor
Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 6:09 pm (Updated: July 16, 7:05 pm)

Since shortly after Crystal Rogers went missing nearly two weeks ago, family members have voiced their suspicions that her boyfriend is tied in some way to her disappearance.

But in recent days, those suspicions have expanded to encompass more than just Brooks Houck, her 33-year-old live-in boyfriend and father of one of her five children. Several family members have also raised questions about Houck’s brother, Nick Houck, who is a Bardstown Police officer.

Several volunteers searching along Ky. 49 have reported seeing a Bardstown Police cruiser and another vehicle matching the description of Brooks’ vehicle pass by their field headquarters in the direction of the Houck family farm.

There have also been reports that Nick Houck was on administrative leave or suspended, and that his police cruiser had been seized as part of the investigation into Rogers’ disappearance.

Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin acknowledged the rumors about Houck’s absence Thursday, and said they are false. But when pressed about the details of Houck’s cruiser, McCubbin declined to comment.

“He is not on administrative leave. He is not suspended. There’s nothing,” McCubbin said regarding Nick Houck’s duties with the department.

McCubbin said his officer was due back on Monday and was currently off work with the rest of his patrol platoon as part of his normal duty rotation.

When asked about Houck’s police cruiser, McCubbin said he could only confirm that the car had broken down and had to be towed. But it was not in the shop, and the Bardstown Police Department did not have the vehicle in its possession Thursday.

When asked where the cruiser was, McCubbin said that was a question the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office would have to answer.

Houck’s cruiser was allegedly seen traveling along Ky. 49 July 8 around sunset. Police have confirmed a search warrant was executed on the family farm — the last place police say Rogers was reported being seen by anyone other than Houck — on July 10.

“I would have to assume that’s true,” McCubbin said of witnesses’ claims that they saw Houck’s cruiser passing through the area. “He can take his car anywhere. To me that’s not alarming.”

McCubbin said it was a take-home car, and Houck’s mother lives on the farm on Paschal Ballard Road near the intersection of Balltown and Loretto roads.

McCubbin said Officer Nick Houck, a patrolman, would not have information about the pending search warrant for his family’s property. McCubbin said patrol officers normally don’t have knowledge of pending search warrants even in their own department, and he pointed out that Rogers’ disappearance is being investigated by the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office.

When contacted Thursday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly would not comment on the status of the investigation, and said he would neither confirm nor deny if Officer Houck’s cruiser had been searched or processed for evidence.
much more.....

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »

ooppsss forgot link 

http://www.kystandard.com/content/bpd-connection-rogers-investigation-questioned

Karma Is Coming

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 02:49:37 PM »

There appears to be problems in Bardstown's police force.  Not long ago a state policeman was shot and killed on the Bluegrass Parkway exit ramp.  They never did find out who did it and it appears he was targeted.  The best I can remember is someone dropped tree trimmings on the exit ramp and when the state trooper pulled over to remove it he was shot and killed.  I think some people of the community believe he was targeted by maybe one of his own.  I see this being mentioned on Topix and other articles.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »

There appears to be problems in Bardstown's police force.  Not long ago a state policeman was shot and killed on the Bluegrass Parkway exit ramp.  They never did find out who did it and it appears he was targeted.  The best I can remember is someone dropped tree trimmings on the exit ramp and when the state trooper pulled over to remove it he was shot and killed.  I think some people of the community believe he was targeted by maybe one of his own.  I see this being mentioned on Topix and other articles.

Here is the article on the shooting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-cop-killed-premeditated-ambush/story?id=19265234

Kentucky Cop Shot Dead in Roadside Ambush
May 27, 2013
By JOSH HASKELL
Josh Haskell More from Josh »
Digital Journalist
via World News

Authorities are searching for clues in the shooting death of a Bardstown, Ky., police officer who was ambushed along a highway exit ramp after leaving his car to remove debris from the road.

State police believe the debris was intentionally placed to draw someone out of their vehicle, but they're not sure whether a law enforcement officer was the target or someone else.

"I've been a trooper for 19 years and I've never seen anything like this, the level of planning," Trooper Norman Chaffins with the Kentucky State Police told ABCNews.com. The State Police are the lead agency on the investigation.

K-9 Officer Jason Ellis, 33, was on his way home at 2:53 a.m. Saturday morning when he stopped on the exit 34, the same ramp he took every day off the Blue Grass Parkway in Nelson County, 10 miles from Bardstown. When Ellis began removing debris from the roadway, he was shot multiple times. Kentucky State Police wouldn't say what the debris was, calling it a crucial part of the investigation...............................................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 03:03:36 PM »

The trooper was killed 10 miles east of Bardstown and it was at the exact time he left work to go home.  Appears to me it HAD to be someone who knew his routine very very well.

Crystal's car was found abandoned 10 miles west of Bardstown.  If it had been tagged as abandoned it would have occurred in no less than 4-5 hours because this is one thing the troopers look for when making their rounds on these roadways.  Again, why did it take 3 days to find her car--only after she was reported missing did they find it.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »

The trooper was killed 10 miles east of Bardstown and it was at the exact time he left work to go home.  Appears to me it HAD to be someone who knew his routine very very well.

Crystal's car was found abandoned 10 miles west of Bardstown.  If it had been tagged as abandoned it would have occurred in no less than 4-5 hours because this is one thing the troopers look for when making their rounds on these roadways.  Again, why did it take 3 days to find her car--only after she was reported missing did they find it.
Exactly Bluemoon
it was actually 2 days,she went missing on July 3rd right?And he car was found July 5th.I believe car was found by her Dad and Brother,not the Police.You would think with all these relatives in law enforcement one of them would have found her car and sooner.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »

Here is another headline.  This occurred on Houck's farm which belongs to his mother:

http://www.kystandard.com/content/illegal-burn-extinguished-houck-farm

Illegal burn extinguished on Houck farm
by Randy Patrick
Friday, July 17, 2015 at 11:10 am

Firefighters and deputy sheriffs responded Thursday night to a report of a fire on Rose Mary Houck’s farm on Paschal Ballard Lane to what turned out to be an illegal burn.

I wonder what the illegal burn was. 
From your link above:

“It was illegal material being burned, lumber and plastic,” and it was hard to put out, said Asst. Chief Anthony Skube of the Bardstown-Nelson County Volunteer Fire Department, who was the incident commander.

Skube said nine firefighters and two tankers were on the scene for the fire, which was dispatched at 7:08 p.m.

The fire was actually in the New Hope Fire Department’s area, but BNCVFD were the only ones who responded because first responders weren’t sure which district it was in.

“It’s illegal to burn anything besides vegetation” such as tree limbs, Skube said.

However, no one was cited for the illegal burn, he added.

Karma Is Coming

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »

Exactly Bluemoon
it was actually 2 days,she went missing on July 3rd right?And he car was found July 5th.I believe car was found by her Dad and Brother,not the Police.You would think with all these relatives in law enforcement one of them would have found her car and sooner.

Yes, the mother and father reported her missing and the father and son located her car.  I really can't believe that car was sitting there on the parkway for over 2 days.  In that isolated area it would stick out like a sore thumb unless someone who knew the vehicle (like in law enforcement) belong to her saw it and didn't record and tag it.  I have seen state troopers and local police on the parkways and interstate tagging these vehicles.  I have seen them going through the entire vehicle searching it.  In Kentucky we have members of the state highway department who travel these roadways looking for people who are having vehicle problems.  Someone should have found her car sooner unless it was put there about the time she was reported missing.  JMO

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:47 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29579254/more-than-100-volunteers-help-search-for-crystal-rogers-in-nelson-county

More than 100 volunteers help search for Crystal Rogers in Nelson County
Posted: Jul 18, 2015 3:57 PM EST
Updated: Jul 18, 2015 4:11 PM EST

The mother of five was last seen at her boyfriend's farm in Nelson County and more than 100 people spent Saturday looking for her.

Search teams full of volunteers used horses and ATVs at two different farms. Organizers say they've dealt with storms, tornado warnings, snakes and mud in their searches.

They added how overwhelmed they were that so many people would give up their weekends to help find Rogers.

"She was very very well liked, very good mother," said Sammy Johnson who leading the chase. "The biggest thing is the strangers that don't even know her, don't know anything about the family, have come out ... To me, to see these people come out, it's just a blessing."

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »

http://www.inquisitr.com/2263571/crystal-rogers-missing-mom-of-5/

Crystal Rogers: Mom Of 5 Still Missing After 2 Weeks — Parents Say Boyfriend Not Helping In Search
Posted: July 19, 2015

Crystal Rogers, a 35-year-old mom of five kids — including a two-year-old boy with her boyfriend Brooks Houck — vanished from the home the couple shared in Bardstown, Kentucky, on July 3. On Saturday, July 18, with the missing mom gone for more than two weeks, her family put together a new search that brought together more than 100 people from several states to comb the area once more for any trace of Crystal.

But according to the missing woman’s family, Houck has not helped at all — and has proceeded with his daily life as if nothing is any different, accusations which Houck denies.

“He hasn’t participated with us at all,” said Crystal’s mom, Sherry Ballard. “If he truly loved my daughter, he would do anything to find her because we’re doing anything.”

She also accused Houck of having “no emotion” about Crystal’s disappearance. “It’s like nothing has changed for him,” she said.

“Him or none of his family has been out to find her,” said the missing woman’s father, Tommy Ballard, in a local TV interview. “We’re the ones who reported her missing.”

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »

I thought this was interesting.....

http://www.statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/statement-analysis-of-brooks-houck.html

Karma Is Coming

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »

Crystal Rogers: Mom Of 5 Still Missing After 2 Weeks — Parents Say Boyfriend Not Helping In Search

Crystal Rogers, a 35-year-old mom of five kids — including a two-year-old boy with her boyfriend Brooks Houck — vanished from the home the couple shared in Bardstown, Kentucky, on July 3. On Saturday, July 18, with the missing mom gone for more than two weeks, her family put together a new search that brought together more than 100 people from several states to comb the area once more for any trace of Crystal.

But according to the missing woman’s family, Houck has not helped at all — and has proceeded with his daily life as if nothing is any different, accusations which Houck denies.

“He hasn’t participated with us at all,” said Crystal’s mom, Sherry Ballard. “If he truly loved my daughter, he would do anything to find her because we’re doing anything.”

She also accused Houck of having “no emotion” about Crystal’s disappearance. “It’s like nothing has changed for him,” she said.

“Him or none of his family has been out to find her,” said the missing woman’s father, Tommy Ballard, in a local TV interview. “We’re the ones who reported her missing.”

This is very disturbing that you would not participate in searching for your fiance. Speaks volumes.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 02:07:35 PM »

This is very disturbing that you would not participate in searching for your fiance. Speaks volumes.

This is very very odd.  What I don't understand is why did they find the babies diaper bag in the car with her purse and phone.  The father is suppose to have the baby (child) but he refuses to let the grandparents see him. I can't find where this info was because it was on Topix-Bardstown but yesterday they deleted all the original blog comments.  Also, it was mentioned that Brooks was her fiance but she is supposedly still married.  Also, someone said they broke up that weekend and she was leaving to stay somewhere else.  Sounds like a big big fight occurred about the 2 year son.  That would explain why the diaper bag was still in her car.  He really needs to show that baby so everyone knows that the baby is o.k.    jmo

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »

This is very very odd.  What I don't understand is why did they find the babies diaper bag in the car with her purse and phone.  The father is suppose to have the baby (child) but he refuses to let the grandparents see him. I can't find where this info was because it was on Topix-Bardstown but yesterday they deleted all the original blog comments.  Also, it was mentioned that Brooks was her fiance but she is supposedly still married.  Also, someone said they broke up that weekend and she was leaving to stay somewhere else.  Sounds like a big big fight occurred about the 2 year son.  That would explain why the diaper bag was still in her car.  He really needs to show that baby so everyone knows that the baby is o.k.    jmo
Sorry for the giant quote stack but I forgot how to trim it.
I agree Red,seems strange him or his family wouldn't help search considering that they have LE in their family.But he doesn't seem too worried abut her at all.

Bluemoon,maybe she kept a diaper bag in the car?I don't know but it sure does sound like they had a big fight.

Karma Is Coming

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 11:04:46 AM »

KarmaRoundup wrote:

I agree Red,seems strange him or his family wouldn't help search considering that they have LE in their family.But he doesn't seem too worried abut her at all.

Bluemoon,maybe she kept a diaper bag in the car?I don't know but it sure does sound like they had a big fight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This case is sounding more & more like Drew Peterson to me. " I am the good guy etc"  While Crystals family says different. I think he knows a lot more about what happened to Crystal than he is saying. I don't like that he wont let her family see the baby. Makes me wonder why.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »

KarmaRoundup wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This case is sounding more & more like Drew Peterson to me. " I am the good guy etc"  While Crystals family says different. I think he knows a lot more about what happened to Crystal than he is saying. I don't like that he wont let her family see the baby. Makes me wonder why.
I did read that somewhere,like Bluemoon said,about him not letting Crystal's family see the baby.I think it was a Nancy Grace transcript.Crystal's Mom told him the babies sisters wanted to see their brother and he said no.So the Gramma said what if she leaves the house will he then let them see their brother and he said yes.She left the house and he never showed up with the baby.Apparently Crystal's parents dont like him.If I find the transcript again I'll post it.

Karma Is Coming

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »

read from one of those links above, that its the 14 mile mark
on the bluegrass pkwy
looking makes you wonder where she was going

bluegrass pkwy & home
37.759586, -85.595693
113 Glenview Dr, Bardstown, KY 40004
https://goo.gl/maps/T71oG

streetview
https://goo.gl/maps/YSrl9

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »

Volunteers added to Rogers search efforts
By Kacie Goode
Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 1:25 pm (Updated: July 18, 1:25 pm)

Volunteers have stepped up to aid in local search efforts for Crystal Rogers, including out-of-state agencies contacted by the Ballard family.
On Wednesday, a nonprofit search and rescue group — Bring them Home — arrived in Bardstown, traveling from Florida.

The group, contacted by Rogers’ brother, Casey Ballard, was aware of the case from national coverage.

Tammy Finci said the group consists of retired and semi-retired volunteers with military and law enforcement backgrounds. Her background is as a private investigator, with experience in crime scene investigation. Working about 15 to 20 cases a year, Bring Them Home normally covers cases outside of Florida and Alabama.

The team brought with them two Dutch Shepherds, nationally certified in human remains detection, Finci said.

Also working with the group were volunteers with live-find canines, who have been scouring areas in the county off and on for the past two weeks.

Finci said the volunteers are working to help bring closure to families of missing persons.

The volunteers’ arrival signifies the expansion of search efforts that have taken place since Rogers was reported missing July 5.

Sammy Johnson, Rogers’ great uncle, has been organizing search parties from Ky. 49. With over 500 volunteers, he has worked to log each person’s efforts, including start times and coverage.
more@
http://www.kystandard.com/content/volunteers-added-rogers-search-efforts

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 01:03:41 PM »

open letter @ link kind of long

Chief McCubbin blasts ‘idiocy of rumors’ linking city officer and Rogers case
NC GAZETTE / WBRT RADIO
STAFF REPORT
Friday, July 17, 2015, 11:48 p.m
http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=25747

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.